Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-20, 00:18   Link #4201
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I get what you mean, but you've gotta admit there was a LOT of foreshadowing of some future battle with him when Gon is "ready." This arc is kind of taking the wind out of his "intimidation sails," if you ask me. Doesn't seem so challenging compared to the incomparably OP Pitou Gon is about to face off against.
That is indeed a good point Chain. However, Togashi seems to insist that power levels aren't the deciding factor.

HXH is not your typical shonen anime, it might be a little hard for us to grasp the concept that power isn't everything.
Old 2014-02-20, 01:27   Link #4202
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I get what you mean, but you've gotta admit there was a LOT of foreshadowing of some future battle with him when Gon is "ready." This arc is kind of taking the wind out of his "intimidation sails," if you ask me. Doesn't seem so challenging compared to the incomparably OP Pitou Gon is about to face off against.
Yet I still believe Hisoka does not need anything other than the abilities he already has.

Also, don't forget that you just said this yourself: Pitou is OP. Hisoka is not.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 10:12   Link #4203
noktown

So would Knuckle be more pleased if Youpi killed Shoot ?

Not really...

Conclusion :

1)It's bad if Youpi killed Shoot,because then it would make him an evil heartless ant bastard who killed an almost already dead guy.

2)It's bad if Youpi didn't kill Shoot,because it hurts their pride.

Thus a paradox,what would be the best thing to do here ?Give them a hug and a kiss to the forehead ?

If you want to get killed,next time run into Pitou,Kite didn't seem to enjoy the experience.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 11:46   Link #4204
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's important to understand here that these guys aren't being very logical or sensible. They themselves acknowledge this.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:27   Link #4205
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
If I recall correctly, Knuckle has to be within 100 meters close to Youpi for Potclean to function properly, right?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 15:38   Link #4206
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

100 meters is a pretty large radius. That's not really a problem.
Old 2014-02-25, 15:43   Link #4207
MCAL

Seven Episodes; Five Minutes.

And still despite all the time compression, Hunter x Hunter is the tensest experience currently in anime. Incredible...

EDIT: And yes. Killua is a total bad-ass.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-02-25 at 18:21.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 17:03   Link #4208
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh Killua you MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!!!! DX
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 20:07   Link #4209
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Gotta love how useful Meloreon's ability has been up till now. Now I really wonder what Nen type Pouf has too.
Old 2014-02-26, 10:32   Link #4210
Ragna92

Yes Killua! Without a doubt my favorite character.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 10:50   Link #4211
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 118-

Spoiler for part 1:

--------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 11:03   Link #4212
bakaouji

I only woke up at the end when Youpi was struck with lightning. Finally, the goddamn story is moving again i.e. if they don't stall for time again by focusing on small fry.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 11:19   Link #4213
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
That is indeed a good point Chain. However, Togashi seems to insist that power levels aren't the deciding factor.

HXH is not your typical shonen anime, it might be a little hard for us to grasp the concept that power isn't everything.
indeed after all with nen, is not all about power level like DBZ, is also compability, ingenuity and resolve..

take kurapika for example, if his pledge change to ants, i dont think ANY ants would win, its would basically massacre, even king, hidden nen chain + zetsu state (its physical state is strong too..), judgement chain and emperor mode

or hisoka, his ability might not seem like much in first sight, but he can use it in such a way to dominate his enemy like in dodge ball and heavens arena...
Old 2014-02-26, 11:57   Link #4214
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
indeed after all with nen, is not all about power level like DBZ, is also compability, ingenuity and resolve..

take kurapika for example, if his pledge change to ants, i dont think ANY ants would win, its would basically massacre, even king, hidden nen chain + zetsu state (its physical state is strong too..), judgement chain and emperor mode

or hisoka, his ability might not seem like much in first sight, but he can use it in such a way to dominate his enemy like in dodge ball and heavens arena...
People will probably disagree with me on this, but I'm not very sure that even an anti-Ant Chain Jail would be as effective on the Ants, at least the Royal Guard and Meruem, as it is on the Phantom Troupe. Aside from a vastly weaker condition, I mean, when we compare Neferpitou breaking the sound barrier when desperate or Meruem knocking heads off shoulders in one stroke and breaking down walls with light pushes (and it's sure to be likely he's a lot stronger in terms of brute force than his Royal Guards) without having to rely on Nen, to a de-powered Uvogin... there seems to be a pretty huge difference here. Not trying to downplay Chain Jail or overestimate the Big Bad guys here, but to me it's really something we'd have to see happen to be sure, even though it likely never will lol
Old 2014-02-26, 12:21   Link #4215
Key Board
Carbon

I loved how the anime handled Knuckle's euphoric moment

that was GOLD
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 12:53   Link #4216
ookamigirl

A bit of everything this time.
Wish they'd concentrate on one battle or maybe 2 per episode.
Switching between various situations is a bit confusing at times.
I prefer consistency when it comes to watching fights.
Just don't chop them up that much!
Knuckle's inner thoughts were pretty fascinating.
Can't wait to see how Killua will blow off his steam!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 16:33   Link #4217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
People will probably disagree with me on this, but I'm not very sure that even an anti-Ant Chain Jail would be as effective on the Ants, at least the Royal Guard and Meruem, as it is on the Phantom Troupe. Aside from a vastly weaker condition, I mean, when we compare Neferpitou breaking the sound barrier when desperate or Meruem knocking heads off shoulders in one stroke and breaking down walls with light pushes (and it's sure to be likely he's a lot stronger in terms of brute force than his Royal Guards) without having to rely on Nen, to a de-powered Uvogin... there seems to be a pretty huge difference here. Not trying to downplay Chain Jail or overestimate the Big Bad guys here, but to me it's really something we'd have to see happen to be sure, even though it likely never will lol
Agreed. Even without nen, the mook ants were a challenge for the mook hunters. Even in an (unlikely) best case scenario where Kurapika gets a chain jail on a royal guard, he'd still die.

Also, it's not like he can just "change" his target. At the very least, he'd have to stop hating the Spiders, and hate the ants with the same passion he hates the spiders now. Not too likely.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 18:21   Link #4218
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Knuckle's bro-nologue was outshined by Killua's grand entrance, but equally made the episode for me. He may be the most innocent and too kind for his own good person we've met in this dangerous and brutal universe Togashi has created.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 19:08   Link #4219
Eclipze

One thing to consider regarding the whole Hunters vs Ants comparison, is that the C.Ants have ridiculously fast reproduction and growth rates for their troops, and each new birth gets stronger as the queen consumes the corpses of their defeated enemies.

As of the current situation, the queen is dead and hence the hunters don't have to worry about even stronger reinforcements stepping in as the fight continues, but they still have to deal with the king + royal guards.

Now, if what some of the "leader" ants have been saying is correct (them wanting to form their own groups and reproduce) then it would imply that the female ants are capable of becoming queens themselves. If a bunch of these were to spread out and start killing humans/birthing more troops, I would think even the Hunters on the level of the Phantom Troupe/Killua's family would get overwhelmed quickly.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 19:48   Link #4220
Maxtro

This weeks episode was pretty good. Kuclke finally got his punch in, plus many more and Killua steps in with zero fear.

What bugs me though is how much time is focused on the octopus. Why are we supposed to care about him?

Yeah he's Killua's buddy and all, but he's the kind of character that should have been killed long ago and used as something to get Killua angry. Don't dedicate half the episode to him.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen