AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 14:14   Link #421
CGrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecherboy View Post
Can't really discuss much more, the only solid thing "Sainyang=boy" supporters have is the nipple showing.
Again, before Sainyang and that infamous picture, there was never any nipples exposed in any of the battle books. I doubt that it was that much of an oversight. Plus, putting official measurements can also be a setup to continue the whole trap aspect of the character.

And besides, there has been trap characters in other media before. Guilty Gear's Bridget and Happiness' Jun Watarase are traps and their popularity stemmed from that fact.

Also don't forget that Annelotte masqueraded as a pretty boy soldier for a while. Why else would Yuit refer to her as "Big Brother." I don't think it's too far of a stretch to flip it around.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 14:22   Link #422
Kazu-kun

^

Still, there's no real proof that she's a guy, and she's referred to as a girl in the story, so for now she's a girl. If they later decide to change this, that's another matter all together, but right now, she's girl.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-20 at 18:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 23:20   Link #423
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The only thing I know that QB is a dedicated all girls/women fanservice show with alot of fetishes like this one.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2012-06-21, 00:23   Link #424
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The only thing I know that QB is a dedicated all girls/women fanservice show with alot of fetishes like this one.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Mirim's face
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:36   Link #425
leecherboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Precisely. Every char appeals to at least one fetish, and they aren't shy about it. They wanted an almost-futa one, and there you have Luna Luna, with the obvious, sensitive thingie in her crotch; they wanted to change Aldra dramatically, and they went and did it, to name a recent few.
If they wanted to have a "trap", they wouldn't outright say it's a boy, but they'd give him some kind of ambiguous title, and say something like "she's hiding a secret..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrascal View Post
Again, before Sainyang and that infamous picture, there was never any nipples exposed in any of the battle books. I doubt that it was that much of an oversight. Plus, putting official measurements can also be a setup to continue the whole trap aspect of the character.
If you mean the official measurements and stuff came after the book to try to cover it up or something, it's the other way around. The bio and intro are featured some months before a book is released, and they're both included in the very book as well.
On the other hand, it's not like we know why we don't see nipples regularly, it's just some self-imposed limitation they randomly decided to go with. Maybe they wanted to gauge the reaction to showing one, and thought a flat-chested girl would be the best way to go around it.
Old 2012-06-21, 08:35   Link #426
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this ep.11

aldra all beat her puppet attack see annelotte got underworld blood while "ymir" ha ha.
lalia search for past qb's people no luck.
ymir have talk with "certain" person but nap oh see mirim go like who are you?
lunaluna & braun brawl go at it.
aldra get up go charge then ask the question about harem & get husband?
annelotte said no just want see the queen ao aldra free annelotte from dark gold mode.
ask why cause it a "feeling" so aldra left go to husband & cook.
queen clau squash kung fu sisters & siggy doing fire ball attack on huit & vante.
mirim, ymir, & eilin under table to get answers.
lunaluna go for grab but her & braun both got elec-trigger with dragon vs butterfly?!
oh busted two ymir the fake get armor & chase is on.
mirim vs fake then both go full "charge" with mirim standing & fake oh it melona!!!
now everyone all going to see queen while melona is ready set it all.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:38   Link #427
CGrascal

Quote:
On the other hand, it's not like we know why we don't see nipples regularly, it's just some self-imposed limitation they randomly decided to go with. Maybe they wanted to gauge the reaction to showing one, and thought a flat-chested girl would be the best way to go around it.
That still doesn't make sense. NONE of the official manga exposed female nudity like that. The worst they do is using hair to cover enough. Heck, Menace's design is altered in the Spiral Chaos RPG games. She's given a bikini top in those games and those games got the JPN equivalent of ESRB's Mature rating.

If Sainyang's exposed nipple was to test the waters, wouldn't they do it more with characters that were released after those two, like Rebellion's Aldra, Lunaluna, or Izumi? The closest you'd get is Liliana's pasties.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 13:36   Link #428
leecherboy

^ True that, and I did admit the nipple showing was something "solid"... just not solid enough to overcome all the evidence against.
The two famous traps you mentioned, Bridget and the other one, openly recognize what they are themselves and the canon doesn't deny it. With the QBR canon before, during and after the nipple incident pointing in the other direction, unless the at most 2-3 storybooks/databooks left for Rebellion actually turn it around... you know she's gonna remain a girl
Old 2012-06-21, 14:23   Link #429
jdennis007

Actually Airi does not technically show her nipple but she does show the area around it, it is in her behind you page, in her combat book. So they have flirted with showing nipples before.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 18:53   Link #430
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Only Airi's areola seen.

Imho HJ probably wanted to make a Tekken "LEO" character that is ambiguous in design. Though it's an all female anime, they just gave the futa to LunaLuna.

They wanted Aldra to have a more moe look, so they've gone for the loving house wife(Naked Apron) and took off her Queen BDSM design with a sharp thingy down there.

I do miss the loli queen at times.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:57   Link #431
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Has a second season been announced yet?
Old 2012-06-21, 22:03   Link #432
Zippicus

QB has always been something of a guilty pleasure for me, it's hard to go wrong with hot chicks attacking each others clothes off. But man this latest installment so far has been so incoherent that it's hard to even enjoy it. I'm not expecting an award winning story or anything, but at least they could try. It started off well enough but the last few episodes have left me wondering if I missed something..

I don't want to come across as expecting too much, but I am expecting a little bit
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:09   Link #433
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh Melona how much I missed her
Old 2012-06-22, 02:03   Link #434
leecherboy

So we only got a title and a silhouette, but Queen's Blade Grimoire is the next series, indeed.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:06   Link #435
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Snif Queen's Blade Rebellion is over but a new series will replace? But New series or after Rebellion ...?
Old 2012-06-22, 03:30   Link #436
gustyvedova

So, is Rebellion trully over? Why would they reveal a new arc without announcing a second rebellion season first? It seems they are really moving along.

What about Welveria, Aldra and Annelotte's connection? If that's the way Rebellion ends, then it was just terrible. And I don't think they'll keep the old characters in this new QB story (would be way too much to focus with the new multiverse characters). Oh, and I feel really sorry for Liliana fans, her role in the story was even worse than Nyx's. So much lost potential if that's the way it ends.

Well... Maybe that 'thing' at the end of episode 12 has something to do with the new season. I think no one have a clue about what that was, so I'll just make the wild guess it'll open a portal to the multiverse to the next season
Old 2012-06-22, 03:43   Link #437
leecherboy

^ Hehe, hold your horses. Annelotte's book came out before the first season of QB's anime even started airing, they're just building hype at this point.

So we still have Rebellion for a while. There's the third volume next month that will end the official story, there's Vanquished Queens 2 come November for more "what if" scenarios, and I expect a QBR Perfect Visual Book next year to wrap up everybody's endings.
Not to mention, the returning chars' gamebooks, and the more than probable second season of the anime.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:58   Link #438
gustyvedova

Quote:
^ Hehe, hold your horses. Annelotte's book came out before the first season of QB's anime even started airing, they're just building hype at this point.

So we still have Rebellion for a while. There's the third volume next month that will end the official story, there's Vanquished Queens 2 come November for more "what if" scenarios, and I expect a QBR Perfect Visual Book next year to wrap up everybody's endings.
Not to mention, the returning chars' gamebooks, and the more than probable second season of the anime.
I hope you're right. Right now I'm just scared by the lack of information about a second season, with a third arc already announced. Rebellion has a lot to offer now that the characters have being introduced.

On another topic, do you know about Blu-ray release dates?
Old 2012-06-22, 04:22   Link #439
leecherboy

Even if we didn't get a full season (though there's material enough for it, not only the witch, but Tomoe, Menace and co), we'd still get some OVAs to wrap it all up. But yeah, I don't think they're just going to stay idle until they can actually get a Grimoire anime going.

As for the Blu-rays, the first one is released next week (June 25th), and they're literally monthly after what. I wonder what the "restriction-breaking" mini-OVAs will show us...

Last edited by leecherboy; 2012-06-22 at 04:37.
leecherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:54   Link #440
Peanutbutter

You call this an ending?

Oh well, next season perhaps.

Spoiler for After ep 12:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy