AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 10:50   Link #4101
Vitamin fighter

Wow Jouji Nakata voice Saya's dad, and Yoshiko Sakakibara voice Saya's mom.

Hellsing anyone?
Vitamin fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:31   Link #4102
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

HOTD characters are on the TOP 10 list of manga characters.

HERE

Quote:
1. Saeko Busujima (Highschool of The Dead)
2. Himari (Omamori Himari)
3. Yuu (Kore wa Zombie Desuka?)
4. Rei Miyamoto (Highschool of The Dead)
5. Kurimu Sakurano (Seitokai no Ichizon)
6. Orfina (Orfina Saga)
7. Kuesu Jinkuji (Omamori Himari)
8. Saya Takagi (Highschool of The Dead) [tied at "10th"]
9. Kohta Hirano (Highschool of The Dead) [tied at "10th"]
10. Victorique de Blois (Gosick) [tied at "10th"]
No TAKASHI!!! Oh the JOY!!!
Old 2010-09-06, 11:34   Link #4103
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Family Ties.

The friction and the tension developing in the residence is starting to get so thick you can cut it with a katana. To some extent Saya has a right to be all bitchy and angry at her parents for putting greater focus on their home, friends and other family members, but at the same time she was also being rather insensitive to the rest of the crew who are also dead worried about their own families while she raged on about her parents who she at least know are alive.

Did Takashi need to grab her by the blouse like that? Considering Saya’s usual aggressive and rather selfish manner of conversation she probably did, but also considering that she was very much emotional for a very logical and calculating mind she probably didn’t either. I guess the fact remains that she needed a good shot of reality and humility at that point, and regardless of your opinion on the way Takashi handled the situation, he managed to deliver it in the end. I don’t think anyone can honestly say what was really right and what was really wrong.

Then there’s also the issue with Hirano. It’s indicative of his personality and his demeanor how he’s almost always in control of both himself and the situation whenever he’s holding a gun. Weapons then come across as a sort of “security blanket” for him: that he identifies himself with his weapons because it gives him a sense of identity, as sense of belonging and most of all, a sense of usefulness. Without them he feels useless, without a sense of self and without an ounce of self-respect. As he says so himself, he found a sense of self and his true abilities when he first held those weapons, and thus weapons come to identify him. Without them he is nothing, just the fat guy in the group.

Takashi and the rest of course would put it into perspective by saying that Hirano is and always had been an integral part of the group, and it’s really true that without him Saya would be a zombie, hell every one of them would be zombies without him. The same truth can and does apply to everyone else individually, that they only got this far by working together.

This all proves just how the coping mechanisms of the characters have begun to crack. Granted they’ve been cracking for a while already since the start of the series, it really proves to point how the effects of stress really manifest themselves once the characters are actually out of stressful situations. Once they started to have time to rest and relax a bit and have time to actually think, that’s when the pent up emotions and stress start to pop up. They’re only human, and all that pent of pressure has to go somewhere. Survival obviously isn’t some cakewalk.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:46   Link #4104
Yozuru
.:{Love. Live. Laugh.}:.
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to Yozuru
God it seems like they were having an orgy on the bus near the end of episode 10.

Damn you censors!

Yozuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:52   Link #4105
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

So, just wondering...

Did anyone else think that the guy who told Hirano that his shotgun "wasn't a toy" bore a decent resemblance to Jimmy Wichard, from "King of the Hill?"

I'll have to find a couple pics to make the comparison.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:15   Link #4106
dee32

I didn't like how Kohta was hating on swords. Calling them ineffient. Was uncalled for. Both the sword and gun have there advantages and disadvantages. I mean Saeko is the most leathal person in there group, Rei being second and then himself. He's seen Saeko do some amazing things and only just carrying sword. In a head to head fight vs Saeko, Kohta would lose badly.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:26   Link #4107
The1
Relentless sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I didn't like how Kohta was hating on swords. Calling them ineffient. Was uncalled for. Both the sword and gun have there advantages and disadvantages. I mean Saeko is the most leathal person in there group, Rei being second and then himself. He's seen Saeko do some amazing things and only just carrying sword. In a head to head fight vs Saeko, Kohta would lose badly.
Depends on the distance... If there are 20 meters 'tween them then Saeko would be swiss cheese in no time... Unless of course she uses her Matrix powers.

Last edited by The1; 2010-09-06 at 13:13. Reason: Grammar fail...
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:32   Link #4108
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This is my ranking for lethality of our core group:
Saeko > Hirano > Rei > Takashi > Saya > Nurse Boobs > Alice

And yes, Saeko is of the Matrix XD
Old 2010-09-06, 12:45   Link #4109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
One of the hottest scenes of the series, right there.
Old 2010-09-06, 12:47   Link #4110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

theres your "somewhat" lesbian action for you guys
Old 2010-09-06, 12:49   Link #4111
ZeKeR
Superbad

AND takashi is fail... BIG TIME....
Old 2010-09-06, 12:58   Link #4112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i really don't understand the hate on Takashi. He didn't do anything in this episode to result in so much hate from the viewers...
Old 2010-09-06, 13:05   Link #4113
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Seems to me like the typical hating/envy of the protagonist. I've noticed this trend growing at an alarming rate, these past few years... basically, the male protagonist is always dense, indecisive, lame or whatever pejorative terms are in vogue, at any given time.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 13:11   Link #4114
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea, i see no reason for people to hate him that much. sure he's not as awesome with a gun or sword but he's the leader i guess.
Old 2010-09-06, 13:18   Link #4115
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler?:
Umm... When did that happen? Or was it only in the manga atm?

Also Takashi did not do anything yet in this episode that can result in so much hate, he just lifted Saya to try to knock some sense into her, since Saya was getting out of control when she was talking about how great her parents were.
Old 2010-09-06, 13:29   Link #4116
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Depends on the distance... If there are 20 meters 'tween then then Saeko would be swiss cheese in no time... Unless of course she uses her Matrix powers.
What if Saeko found away for Kohta to use all his ammo up or better yet the rifle jams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
This is my ranking for lethality of our core group:
Saeko > Hirano > Rei > Takashi > Saya > Nurse Boobs > Alice

And yes, Saeko is of the Matrix XD
I put Rei because she has martial arts skills. If Rei had to fight in close combat she could with or without firing a shot Kohta couldn't. Kohta to depend on bullets.

Last edited by dee32; 2010-09-06 at 13:55.
Old 2010-09-06, 13:58   Link #4117
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Loved the ointment scene omg, and glad to see that Rei is so popular on that manga characters list.

Also.

Am I the only one who's dislike for Saya really increased from this episode? : l I got really pissed when I saw her go back to do nothing but bitching again. I think it's just funny how people bash Rei for being a bitch over her jealousy because she loves Takashi and they think it's totally alright for Saya to be a bigger bitch for no reason, she got pretty selfish, and I didn't like that. Like Takashi said, at least she knows her parents are fine for now. The rest don't even know how their families are doing and if they're dead and roaming as zombies about. I did like her toward the end, though, so the dislike went back down a bit, but still.

I also didn't like Kohta much here. I mean, he didn't have to say those things. All weapons are effective and useful in battle.

I also thought about how some people are saying that Alice isn't useful to the group.

After paying close attention, I noticed the group would probably go crazy without her. She's the one that keeps them sane. And that's exactly because she's a little girl. They know they should act more mature and not go over their limits, and Alice is the one who helps them control and keep their sanity. When Takashi was about to hit the wall over his anger, Alice is the one that calmed him down and led him to a better thought, and I really liked that.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 14:11   Link #4118
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

So far, Takashi is cool with me. I don't see anything hateful for him. To calm down Takagi of her outburst, is expected of Takashi.

In terms of threat IMHO.

Alice's dog>Takashi>Saeko, Hirano, and Rei>Saya and the nurse>Alice.

Why is Takashi on top? He's unintentionally their leader.
Unintentionally, he keeps everyone in check.
I'd love to say Saeko or Hirano is better than him.
But, last episode would spell doom for our dear Saeko.
This episode basically told me, "yup, Takashi is their leader."
But that dog of alice can live on it's own. Which puts him above the whole group.
For some reason zombies of this anime ain't paying attention to it.
If they did, the dog would be a dangerous zombie.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 14:11   Link #4119
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
What if Saeko found away for Kohta to use all his ammo up or better yet the rifle jams?
Unless his rifle jams, I would stikk say Kouta would probably win if they all got into a fight: In the immortal words of Revy of Black Lagoon: "Guns over swords, Nukes over guns".

Of course why must they fight each other when there are plenty of zombies to kill.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that it would be interesting if Kohta and Saeko ended up together, sorry Saeko x Takashi (and Saeko x Themselves) fans. I mean, sure they disagree over weaponry, but think about it, the fact remains they're both obsessed with weapons. Also, imagine how lethal their kids would be!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 14:34   Link #4120
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Unless his rifle jams, I would stikk say Kouta would probably win if they all got into a fight: In the immortal words of Revy of Black Lagoon: "Guns over swords, Nukes over guns".

Of course why must they fight each other when there are plenty of zombies to kill.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that it would be interesting if Kohta and Saeko ended up together, sorry Saeko x Takashi (and Saeko x Themselves) fans. I mean, sure they disagree over weaponry, but think about it, the fact remains they're both obsessed with weapons. Also, imagine how lethal their kids would be!
Sorry I see Kohta x Saya together and Takashi x Rei, Shizuka x Rika. Alice might end up with a little boy down the line. Even though I like, Saeko might be the only with out someone.

It's implied that Shizuka lived Rika did she or did she lived somewhere else?

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse