AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-23, 01:14   Link #61
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Really??? That has to be a "throw a dart" guess.
Always better to hear it from an official source.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 02:33   Link #62
Irenesharda

I think the idea is that even official sources aren't too reliable considering how unstable everything is now. It's like when how here, movie studios are giving their movies new release dates, but if the dates are too soon, it's not at all a sure thing.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 03:19   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, my issue here with stating a date is - how the hell does anyone know how long production is going to be impacted? No one knows for sure how the pandemic is going to play out. I'm guessing there's a lot of denial at play here (very much a problem in Japan's response to COVID-19) - along the lines of "the PM said the state of emergency ends May 6th, so everything can go back to normal after that".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 04:02   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's partly denial on my end, I admit. I just want this pandemic to end. This prolonged period of uncertainty is not something that everyone can deal with.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 17:10   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't see the harm in giving us a return date to keep interest in the series up. If things don't go well, they can just delay it again.
Old 2020-07-01, 15:08   Link #66
LKK

Crunchyroll reports that this show will start up again July 16 as promised earlier. The linked article hosts a new PV which shows scenes from unaired episodes. (Funi has the US streaming rights. No word yet on whether Funi's stream will start up again on the 16th.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-02, 11:05   Link #67
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Crunchyroll reports that this show will start up again July 16 as promised earlier. The linked article hosts a new PV which shows scenes from unaired episodes. (Funi has the US streaming rights. No word yet on whether Funi's stream will start up again on the 16th.)
Spoiler:
Old 2020-07-04, 22:54   Link #68
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I anticipate ep 3 to be a romantic getaway of the honeymooners in HK. I was so disappointed when they pulled the rug on me after the end of ep 2.

Now it's not until 7/30. Eh.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-30, 14:02   Link #69
Frontier

Kato finally meets "the parents" as it were as he meets the Suzue matriarch, their grandmother Kikuko. I love how Kato tried to paint a flattering view of Daisuke to his grandmother and she still ends up scolding him .

Still no explanation of who Suzue is within the family...

Wow, not only do the Kambe's have a mansion but they have a whole plot of land with a traditional Japanese housing for the grandmother .

We finally find out about Kato's fall from grace. He was involved in a bank robbery and managed to subdue the suspect, but then one of the tellers turned out to be in on it and grabbed a gun and he shot her. I don't think Kato did anything wrong, but I can understand how difficult it can be to recover from actually killing someone .

We have Ayumu Murase as a deranged hostage taker, although it's more of an act so he can get enough likes to save his little sister. Thank goodness they didn't end up shooting a kid with a fake gun .

Wow, those old ladies sure are into that boy band. And Daisuke somehow managed to fly them over there in, like, five seconds .

Poor Kato. All those gadgets look cool, but you need practice to look cool using them .

Man, it was really lucky for this kid that he just happened to be involved in a case with a billionaire detective who could pay for his sisters' medical bills and basically resolve his entire situation. I also wonder if having HEUSC erase all the footage of what happened was to somewhat help the kid so he doesn't get punished too severely .

Looks like Kato and Daisuke are finally growing on each other as partners .
Old 2020-07-30, 17:25   Link #70
Wandering Soul

So this is finally back.

It's nice to see Kato get some character devolpment after spending the first few episodes being incredibly stubborn and somewhat unreasonable. Daisuke also showed some growth by choosing to believe in Kato. He also showed some of his petty side by speeding up after Kato embrassed him in front of his grandmother.
Old 2020-07-30, 18:16   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that we know what his trauma is, I'm not sure why division one looks down on Kato so much. He did nothing wrong. His only fault which turned out to be a strength in this episode is caring too much about people's lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wow, those old ladies sure are into that boy band. And Daisuke somehow managed to fly them over there in, like, five seconds .

Poor Kato. All those gadgets look cool, but you need practice to look cool using them .

Man, it was really lucky for this kid that he just happened to be involved in a case with a billionaire detective who could pay for his sisters' medical bills and basically resolve his entire situation. I also wonder if having HEUSC erase all the footage of what happened was to somewhat help the kid so he doesn't get punished too severely .

Looks like Kato and Daisuke are finally growing on each other as partners .
How fast they got there really bothered me too. I don't think there was a previous scene showing Daisuke learned they were fans en route to the concert, so it came out of nowhere.

I thought Daisuke was Iron Man without the suit, but he's got a bit of Batman too with all those gadgets.

I know it's kind of the entire premise of the series, but it seriously bothers me that everything can be resolved with money. I suspect Daisuke will hit a roadblock at some point though.
Old 2020-07-30, 19:43   Link #72
Irenesharda

An okay episode, I kind of was expecting to see their adventures in Hong Kong. But it feels like they just skipped that.

Getting to see Daisuke's grandma was interesting, though it looks as if he and Haru are getting along better.

I might just be an outlier, but I'm not exactly sure what Haru did wrong in the past? He shot the first guy in the arm, the woman, who I guess was his accomplice, picked up the gun and was about to shoot him and he shot her in self-defense. I have no idea why that's something he should have been shamed for?
Even in today's world dealing with police brutality and murder, I would still agree with Haru's actions there.

I like that Daisuke took a little backseat here and showed a bit of trust in Haru, even though he basically still took the reins when he had to.

A good episode, though not the best after such an absence. Nice story though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-07-30, 19:52   Link #73
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

It's been long and I waited. Just to see how they played me like a fish. They skipped right over the HK trip for the couple and got right into Daisuke introducing Haru to family already. I can totally roll with that but I still need the details.

Then Daisuke was being so sweet to Haru for the whole ep. Now I really want to know what happened in HK. Jerks.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-30, 19:55   Link #74
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I might just be an outlier, but I'm not exactly sure what Haru did wrong in the past? He shot the first guy in the arm, the woman, who I guess was his accomplice, picked up the gun and was about to shoot him and he shot her in self-defense.
Maybe the woman had Stockholm Syndrome, and he basically shot one of the hostages, violent action or not.

Good if rather mellow episode. Was more hoping for something with episode 2's thrill ride, given the big return of the continuation of the series. I know that the timing couldn't have been predicted...
Old 2020-07-30, 20:16   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
I might just be an outlier, but I'm not exactly sure what Haru did wrong in the past? He shot the first guy in the arm, the woman, who I guess was his accomplice, picked up the gun and was about to shoot him and he shot her in self-defense. I have no idea why that's something he should have been shamed for?
Even in today's world dealing with police brutality and murder, I would still agree with Haru's actions there.
I don't think he joined the police to kill anyone so, even if it was justifiable, it was still something he felt bad about and couldn't go on in a division where that might be more commonplace. He may have also constantly been second-guessing himself trying to think of a way he could have resolved that situation without killing her.
Old 2020-07-30, 20:19   Link #76
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Maybe the woman had Stockholm Syndrome, and he basically shot one of the hostages, violent action or not.
It's still self-defense. She was going to shoot him. You saw it in her eyes. But I doubt it was Stockholm, it was a stick-up with everyone still on their feet, I don't think he was there long enough to cause Stockholm Syndrome. I'd say she was probably his accomplice before had which is why she ran to him for just getting shot in the arm.

Quote:
I don't think he joined the police to kill anyone so, even if it was justifiable, it was still something he felt bad about and couldn't go on in a division where that might be more commonplace. He may have also constantly been second-guessing himself trying to think of a way he could have resolved that situation without killing her.
Sure you don't join the police for that, but I do expect that you should be ready for it to happen though. If he didn't want to go through that, he should have taken a desk job, or not gone into the police period, and maybe had become a lawyer or something. I don't think it should have been something that he should have been demoted for. Yes, it would be something you would have to get help with dealing with, but I don't think he did anything wrong.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-07-30, 21:42   Link #77
Frontier

Quote:
Sure you don't join the police for that, but I do expect that you should be ready for it to happen though. If he didn't want to go through that, he should have taken a desk job, or not gone into the police period, and maybe had become a lawyer or something. I don't think it should have been something that he should have been demoted for. Yes, it would be something you would have to get help with dealing with, but I don't think he did anything wrong.
I don't either, but in Kato's eyes he did, and I think that perspective and how Kato let it impact his career is why the First Inspector claimed he wasn't cut out for police work.

It didn't seem like he was demoted, it seemed like Kato left of his own accord.
Old 2020-07-31, 02:37   Link #78
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't either, but in Kato's eyes he did, and I think that perspective and how Kato let it impact his career is why the First Inspector claimed he wasn't cut out for police work.

It didn't seem like he was demoted, it seemed like Kato left of his own accord.
It just seemed, like prior to this episode, all the others of 1st Division were talking down to him and being mean to him, as if he did this horrible thing that got him kicked off the 1st Div.

It just felt like they were alluding to an event that was way worse than what we ended up seeing. However, this case, reminds me a lot of Al from Die Hard actually. Perhaps, like him, Haru will get the confidence to draw his gun and shoot again?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2020-07-31, 10:04   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
It just seemed, like prior to this episode, all the others of 1st Division were talking down to him and being mean to him, as if he did this horrible thing that got him kicked off the 1st Div.

It just felt like they were alluding to an event that was way worse than what we ended up seeing. However, this case, reminds me a lot of Al from Die Hard actually. Perhaps, like him, Haru will get the confidence to draw his gun and shoot again?
I think it was more his attitude that they were looking down on than what he actually did.

I do feel like there will probably be another situation where Kato is faced with whether to use a gun again. Maybe to save Daisuke.
Old 2020-07-31, 14:44   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He probably started behaving like an asshole to his colleagues after that incident. At first they felt sorry for him, hoped he would become the cool cop he was before, but he didn't and they got tired of it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote