AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 05:15   Link #23661
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Anyone
Did you guys ever speculating how Ichika can pilot I.S. (besides Tabane Did it")?
I'm still puzzled about that myself. Anyway, here's a little something...

Spoiler for Classroom Lunch Scene:

It's not much, but better than nothing...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:16   Link #23662
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Anyone
Did you guys ever speculating how Ichika can pilot I.S. (besides Tabane Did it")?
Technical or non-technical?

Technical: Ichika has less Testosterone than average male.

Non-technical: I don't know, probably because White Knight IS core is special (Tabane spend the most time on it, therefore it is probably better than the mass-produced ones)
Old 2012-02-24, 05:22   Link #23663
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The biggest problem is that there is no more memory for the AI ability of the other growth path of Byakushiki to reside in and grow. This means lack of bus slots. What we do know is that mostly internal systems and quantized equipment make for what are found within the bus slots.

Basically it's like the issue of having a full hard drive and you have an installer whose content you can't install due to lack of memory. What's the normal course of action? delete something! Normal solution states that Setsura would be deleted because it is of a similar system than the AI. However there is an alternative. Delete data of physical equipment, can be interpreted as losing closed form.

By removing data for physical realization of the general armor, the system gains a few extra slots. However that may also be not enough. Possibility or more my gimmick... loss of Yukihira niigata(I know someone's gonna maim me for this)

@age: chill

On why Ichika can pilot IS:

before Madoka: cuz the core can read Chifuyu's DNA in Ichika and therefore assumes it's her >.> or at least someone worth the okay.

Post Madoka: He's Madoka's clone and has woman cells.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:28   Link #23664
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Just.... remove the gameshark... err... I mean the slot bus used by Reiryaku Byakuya. That way it can symbolize Ichika being free of his sister's protection, attaining his own strength (a brand new OOA).

@ Jak
The stir and disbelief is definitely understandable (at leas in-universe)

@ Everyone
So it's true that most people saw it as "Ichika is not manly enough"
Old 2012-02-24, 05:33   Link #23665
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It makes sense... Though in my version he probably won't lose Reiraku... since... y'know Setsura kinda symbolizes the current Byakushiki AI and I think the actual reiraku Byakuya is with her...

OMFG SIAMESE TWIN AI HAREM!
Old 2012-02-24, 05:39   Link #23666
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What........
Old 2012-02-24, 05:46   Link #23667
demino_hellsin
That one guy

do you really want to know? O.o?
Old 2012-02-24, 05:49   Link #23668
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If it's not Reiryaku Byakuya, then what the hell exactly chugging the slot buses? Being the oldest, and probably the best core, core 001 must have a lot of capacity ._.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:55   Link #23669
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My concept:
The idea was that Reiraku Byakuya was useable due to the equalizer in the bus slot. Sort of like a crutch. That's where Reiraku Byakuya is the whole time and not from the IS system itself. However, upon entering second shift, Reiraku Byakuya became a part of Byakushiki. So he can probably use Reiraku Byakuya on his own, but the mod in the bus slot facilitates easier and more powerful use of Reiraku Byakuya.

Removing that. You have a Setsura who has Byakushiki's own version of Reiraku inside of her, sharing the IS core with another AI who holds another one off ability.

Losing this mod, Reiraku Byakuya becomes much mroe difficult to use.

Also if they are progressing in sentience and possible growth into human like mental constructs... then jealousy may abound @_@
Old 2012-02-24, 05:59   Link #23670
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, that's... quite a big problem (referring to my second point in previous page).
Old 2012-02-24, 06:03   Link #23671
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...school days + terminator?
Old 2012-02-24, 06:09   Link #23672
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not only that, means the AI has the potential of interfering the I.S. performance simply because of petty, unnecessary emotion. Also, potential malfunction that may cause the pilot heavily injured or killed that is a deliberate technical error (paraphrased, for SCIENCE!)
Old 2012-02-24, 07:01   Link #23673
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm... maybe the IS network can become more prominent with this idea. Also wondering if the girls would get jealous if Ichika is making time for Setsura and the yet to be named AI to keep them happy.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:13   Link #23674
Eratas123

@ Senpai - The reason: He's either a clone or he's close enough to Chifuyu's genes. It's not just the core because he used a separate training IS and it worked fine.

Side note - Ichika's a bad harem protag because he ignores whatever he has. Kinji has HSS and he makes no secret that he hates it., but at least he acknowledges it and reasons why be hates it. Ichika? "I can pilot an IS!?.......meh."

Does Ichika ever stand up to the girls at any point? There has got to be a point where be says "Fuck this" and gets pissed off.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:24   Link #23675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Canon Ichika is lazy, doesn't it?

He did once to Tatenashi, kind of subtle in that, but she accept because, well, she's smarter than most of his harem. Then again, even the densest, laziest guy will be pissed if a female joking and teasing around while the condition is urgent.

So, the conclusion is, Ichika is so lazy that he don't want to fix the condition, even if said condition is plain unjust to him.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:29   Link #23676
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Stand up to her? Did you miss the whole "I don't bother resisting Tatenashi-San or telling her off. I know it won't do anything"? Anyway, some of the things the haremdiors to him go beyond the acceptable Mantra. The only person who's as bad as this is Saito, and it's eventually revealed because he was mind raped by the contract to accept it.

Honestly, is there anything that makes Ichika unique from a harem hero stereotype?
Old 2012-02-24, 07:35   Link #23677
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He did, in V6, just after he received the news about M(adoka)'s attack on American Base... and Tate shown up skimpy dressed greeting him with fanservice. Tatenashi react to his expression as if she got the most polite "The fuck are you doing when shit hits the fan" ever... by ditching the teasing .

Per usual rule of shitty harem status quo thought, this is treated as Big-Lipped Alligator Moment, aka BLAM.

Well, badmouthing him leads nowhere, the only way to fix him is massive character overhaul, which also means huge character derailment.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:38   Link #23678
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Ummm, it seems like she just became serious on her own. She can be serious when she needs to. Anyway, is this the reason why no one cares if Ichika has a complete character overhaul?

Side note - The guy from Ranobe no Hen is hilarious Pretty smart
Old 2012-02-24, 07:45   Link #23679
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, she did that after saw Ichika's face (though once again, you're right that she's smart enough to drop it when things goes south).

And yes, Basic Ichika is a blank paper filled with few scribbles of concept, there's already a template, but the overall shape is incomplete and thus his character is obscured. This obscurity means many, and me included, outright revamp or even replace that template with different concept.

Ichika has to learn from his ancestor
Old 2012-02-24, 07:50   Link #23680
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I planned to give him Irish's role except hencould also use the IS, but backed out. I bet I wouldn't have gotten much flak for it.

The RNH protag is also clueless, but his case is more justified.

By the way, why did you make Madoka a kuudere? She was a blatant bro-con in the early chapters.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest