AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-15, 14:06   Link #1
sasuke706

Sevens

Felt like making a thread for it. Encourage discussion and whatnot.

Sevens (セブンス)
Author: Wai (わい)
Summary:
Quote:
Lyle Walt is a young noble boy and heir looking forward to the day he can inherent his family's territory. Except around when he was 10 year old, his parents started neglecting him more and more in favor his little sister, Celes. On his fifteenth birthday, he is challenged to a duel with his sister to see who will inherent the household and horribly loses, being cast out of his family. Afterwards, he gets treated by the family groundskeeper and receives the family heirloom Gem from him that Lyle's grandfather had entrusted to him. From there, he begins an aimless journey with his childhood friend and former fiance, Novem, and the magical jewel that houses the memories, personalities, and Skills of seven of his ancestors.
And instead of copy-pasting previous stuff I've said about the series, I'll just link the spoilery-stuff here.

Might make a character list at some point.
The author also has another ongoing work called Dragoon that's being published by MF Books. I actually like how the author focuses quite a bit on the story of Sevens compared to certain other novels that take long detours with their plot, so I'll probably check that one out as well, eventually.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2015-12-09 at 03:14.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 14:11   Link #2
cabman11

Sevens or seventh?
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 14:21   Link #3
sasuke706

It could be either, as neither of them really make sense at the moment. The title seems to be named after the seven ancestors (author has a unique tag for the novel referring to them: 七人のご先祖様), hinting more toward it just being Engrish of trying to pluralize a plural. Seventh, as far as the plot goes, could refer to his sister (who would name a novel after the antagonist that actually rarely shows up?) or the protagonist's grandfather, who honestly isn't that important either. The protagonist himself isn't the seventh of anything (in fact, he's the ninth in his family line) unless you refer how he was going to be the inheritor of the seventh goddess' memories but lost the capability to do that thanks to the antagonist, who now instead is the "seventh". It could be one of those series that doesn't clarify until the end, as I can see this being either Engrish or Lyle becoming the seventh of something or other by the end.

Edit: Wow, the title really stands out since it's a lot shorter than all the other titles in the Web Novel section.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2015-07-15 at 14:45.
Old 2015-07-15, 14:50   Link #4
Breimn

I think somewhere there was a full summary of the story for those interested.
Here it is for those interested in spoilers
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...em#post5580053
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 14:57   Link #5
sasuke706

It's actually only a summary of the latter half of the series, and I haven't touched on recent events (things happen pretty often in this series, so over 5-6 chapters you can bet you've missed quite a bit).

It's also amusing to note that for a male-dominated society that the creation mythos was all done by goddesses and that all but two countries the protagonist has been to (7 countries total so far) have been ruled by a woman for one reason or another, and one of those two gets taken over by the antagonist leaving only one left that isn't ruled by a woman.
It's great because his ancestors at the beginning were clearly baffled by Celes even possibly becoming the head of the house with a perfectly healthy son despite however inexperienced he may be.
Old 2015-07-15, 14:59   Link #6
cabman11

Sooooooo how's Lyle been?
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 15:08   Link #7
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Sooooooo how's Lyle been?
Spoiler for Well:
Old 2015-07-15, 15:41   Link #8
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's actually only a summary of the latter half of the series, and I haven't touched on recent events (things happen pretty often in this series, so over 5-6 chapters you can bet you've missed quite a bit).

It's also amusing to note that for a male-dominated society that the creation mythos was all done by goddesses and that all but two countries the protagonist has been to (7 countries total so far) have been ruled by a woman for one reason or another, and one of those two gets taken over by the antagonist leaving only one left that isn't ruled by a woman.
It's great because his ancestors at the beginning were clearly baffled by Celes even possibly becoming the head of the house with a perfectly healthy son despite however inexperienced he may be.
There was someone else who did the earlier part but can't find it on mobile and are sleepy. Will continue my search tomorrow.
Old 2015-07-16, 06:26   Link #9
obnuchious

is there any mention/narration on Celes's side on why she did what she did to Lyle?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 08:08   Link #10
Breimn

Found earlier part of the spoilers
Quote:
Suppose I have another recommendation.

Sevens (セブンス)
Status: Ongoing with daily updates (over 150 chapters currently)
Summary: Lyle Walt is a young noble boy and heir looking forward to the day he can inherent his family's territory. Except around when he was 10 year old, his parents started neglecting him more and more in favor his little sister, Celes. On his fifteenth birthday, he is challenged to a duel with his sister to see who will inherent the household and horribly loses, being cast out of his family. Afterwards, he gets treated by the family groundskeeper and receives the family heirloom Gem from him that Lyle's grandfather had entrusted to him. From there, he begins an aimless journey with his childhood friend and former fiance, Novem, and the Gem-turned-Jewel that houses the memories, personalities, and Skills of seven of his ancestors.

Random fun notes and stuff:
Spoiler for Spoilers ahoy:

I had way more to write than I thought I did. Holy god damn.
Old 2015-07-16, 09:28   Link #11
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
is there any mention/narration on Celes's side on why she did what she did to Lyle?
Kind of but not really. It's working its way there in the current chapters.
Spoiler for Past:
Old 2015-08-11, 18:37   Link #12
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 18:51   Link #13
sasuke706

Yeah, Lyle's entire family is a bunch of blackhearted scoundrels. It's even more amusing because Lyle himself has been becoming more and more like his ancestors to the point where even Damien said Lyle can trick people with a beaming smile on his face. He used to be so innocent and pure at the start, too...

Spoiler for :
As a random note, another of the author's works is apparently getting published. It's called 脇役勇者は光り輝く (The Supporting Hero Shines Bright). I haven't read it yet because before he announced it, it hadn't received an update for 2 and a half years, so I kinda assumed it was dead. He kinda hyped it up a little before the reveal and everyone was surprised it wasn't Sevens.
Also, nice Mr. Lyle tag addition. Haha.
Old 2015-08-11, 19:59   Link #14
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Yeah, Lyle's entire family is a bunch of blackhearted scoundrels. It's even more amusing because Lyle himself has been becoming more and more like his ancestors to the point where even Damien said Lyle can trick people with a beaming smile on his face. He used to be so innocent and pure at the start, too...

Spoiler for :
As a random note, another of the author's works is apparently getting published. It's called 脇役勇者は光り輝く (The Supporting Hero Shines Bright). I haven't read it yet because before he announced it, it hadn't received an update for 2 and a half years, so I kinda assumed it was dead. He kinda hyped it up a little before the reveal and everyone was surprised it wasn't Sevens.
Also, nice Mr. Lyle tag addition. Haha.
Can you update us on how things are going for Lyle and the gang?

How Sevens hasn't gotten published is beyond me.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 20:46   Link #15
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
Can you update us on how things are going for Lyle and the gang?
Spoiler for :
This is like two volumes' worth, extreme simplified edition.
Old 2015-08-11, 21:52   Link #16
obnuchious

thanks for it, nonetheless . . .
Old 2015-08-11, 22:08   Link #17
iambill10

I bet that she's just excessively tsun-tsun against his oniisama
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 05:46   Link #18
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

I'm more than happy to accept the idea of omake chapter where 14 ancestors showed up instead of 7, the wives being much more worst than the husbands XD

That innocent part of Lyle that become a gap and make Mr.Lyle shines even bright ^_^

Spoiler:

Three best quirky things about this story:
- the Worth(?) family, truly teaches you how to be a noble aristocrat, in fun way.
- fever time, or high tension after leveling up, where everyone pile up black histories to tell to the next generations.
- Mr. Lyle for being my hero, he is the true protagonist of this story that saves my day everytime he appears.

And then, Mr. Tres, we love you for the contribution you have given Lyle these past chapters... we wish you to survive and live well.

And speaking of which,
Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 17:01   Link #19
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Octo:

And Lyle done fucked up in the latest chapter.
Spoiler for :
Old 2015-08-17, 18:31   Link #20
obnuchious

Quote:
And Lyle done fucked up in the latest chapter.
Spoiler for :
nope... that's not gonna bite him in the ass . . . his ass will be chopped, grind, & minced big time . . .

Tags
ancestors, battle royale harem, fantasy, goddesses, gods, harem, kyle-san, mr. lyle the best, poyopoyo forever, reverse rape, snusnu, true harem, unlimited yandere harem, webnovel, yandere on parade