AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-19, 16:12   Link #981
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
Does it really have to be another "save the world" plot-line? How about simply making it more action oriented, let Strike Freedom own like it's supposed to, and forget about trying to make a central antagonist altogether? It doesn't have to follow the same-styling or animation as the battles in Seed and Destiny.
Precisely. The Cosmic Era universe is rich enough that there's room for exploring all sorts of ideas already brought up without having to rehash any storylines (or even using the old characters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
And so SEED ends with a note that the TSA has ended war...but did they really end it?
No. Then again, just about all the major players realized that as well. Besides, it's not as if simply addressing the "hatred" is any sort of solution to any ingrained beliefs or any truly serious problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon sniper
So where's the menace again?
As Wesley84 pointed out, as long as they don't try to portray a massive save-the-world kind of war, there's plenty of potential conflicts to cover. Most of the big threats had been defeated, but they haven't necessarily been eradicated. What'd interest me the most is a story about how Cagalli deals with things as Orb is forced into positions and conflicts diametrically opposed to her father's policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Anyway, this is a Gundam story, so we can expect a lot of mayhem, destruction, chaos and war to happen. It wouldn't make sense if they created a Gundam show with no war in it that would make the Gundam flex its muscles and sell lots of merchandise for the franchise.
They made Gundam 00.
Old 2008-02-19, 18:04   Link #982
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

If the producers still want to use the old cast, they better separate or kill-off some of them Hehe.

But seriously, I'd love to see Kagalli as the ONLY regular recurring character from among the old main protagonists. Eventually, there'd be some Dearka and Yzak. To me they're like R2D2 and C3PO in Star Wars - they gotta flash in every series here or there :P The rest could be entirely new.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 18:48   Link #983
Wesley84

I never want to see Cagalli again after the stomping her character recieved in Destiny. She lost everything that made her likeable in the first series. Her character simply changed. Point and case, Shinn almost literally walks alll over her simply by glaring and raising his voice. That is not what the old Cagalli would have done.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 19:05   Link #984
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I can see Cagalli redeeming herself as a strong backround recurring character; a charismatic leader type. Old good Cagalli from SEED but wiser and more confident in her capabilities.

I can see the new series taking place on Earth and its regions still torn by chaos of war. A new young Orb-born pilot that works to protect the countries of EA from the exceptionally strong international terrorist group. The new protagonist has a Gundam and one of the ace pilots of the terrorists has one. And for the long time, those two remain the only Gundams in the series. Ahh... the dreams...
Old 2008-02-19, 19:11   Link #985
Wesley84

Kira's not exactly attached to Strike Freedom by the hip. If he's flying for Plant, he'd probably be flying a Custom Zaku or something like that. It's not like Yzak and Dearka got to keep Duel and Buster afterall.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:19   Link #986
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Kira's not exactly attached to Strike Freedom by the hip. If he's flying for Plant, he'd probably be flying a Custom Zaku or something like that. It's not like Yzak and Dearka got to keep Duel and Buster afterall.
This'd be quite nice, actually. All the old cast may appear sporadically, or not appear at all, living in the distant PLANTS. And only the main hero and his rival would have Gundams. I can really see a more "microcosmic" scenario, limiting the place of action to the fore-mentioned countries of EA. Sometimes "allies" or "evil coordinators" could descend from Cosmos to fight alongside the protagonist or support the terrorists. Now doesn't it sound at least decent?
Old 2008-02-19, 19:24   Link #987
Wesley84

Seeing an old hand come in and give the new guy a quick assist is welcome. Though I always found the battles in space more interesting than the ones on the ground. It'd be nice if the focus could stay more space oriented, rather than what's going on on Earth.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:34   Link #988
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Seeing an old hand come in and give the new guy a quick assist is welcome. Though I always found the battles in space more interesting than the ones on the ground. It'd be nice if the focus could stay more space oriented, rather than what's going on on Earth.
Yeah. Something like Shinn in some custom grunt MS giving the new guy a skill display and a friendly veteran advice.

Space is interesting, too. To be honest, I loved the chase episodes in the first part of SEED when Athrun and co. went after Kira and Archangel through cosmos. But for now my vision of how such series would look like is not as clear in my mind as the exemplary story I just invented
Old 2008-02-19, 21:54   Link #989
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Really? Since when? Most characters only flew one or two suits, if they got a upgrade. Kira got three (all of which were Strike/Freedom, which nearly all look the same), and Neo got a grand total of five over both series. But Kira never flew anything else but his look-alike suits, unlike Athrun, who's hopped in a Zaku and Gouf.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 21:56   Link #990
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well unless those "people" in sunrise are planning a GS special/spinoff/etc

besides last year 07 in GS's 5th year it was fan disc & mini GS so who maybe mini GS the series?

cause all i see now that GS fans should be sending their ideas for a GS project.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 21:59   Link #991
Zeta Gundam

It depens on the legality of the weapons.If Nuclear powered suits are "outlawed" again then I could see Kira hopping into a grunt suit.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:03   Link #992
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Why? Didn't stop him last time.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:07   Link #993
Zeta Gundam

That's why I quoted "outlawed"

Outlawed weapons didn't stop him or Lacus from breaking a treaty that they pretty much wrote up.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:09   Link #994
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Again, if it didn't do it last time, why should it this time? Especially since he's got Orb AND ZAFT on his side?
Old 2008-02-19, 22:14   Link #995
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Again, if it didn't do it last time, why should it this time? Especially since he's got Orb AND ZAFT on his side?
I'm going under the assumption that she will write up another treaty in attempt to keep her image up and regulate the more dangerous Mobile suits.

He'll have to be politically correct until somebody attempts to gas the Plants and then that's when he'll unveil an illegal mobile suit that he was housing the entire time
Old 2008-02-19, 22:17   Link #996
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
One, because he probably wouldn't need Strike Freedom for most things, and two, because he's officially and publically a member of ZAFT and would pilot a suit more fitting for a commander, if he pilots them at all.

I won't argue he couldn't fly Strike Freedom if he really wanted to, but asthetically it'd ruffle fewer feathers in-universe for him to fly a conventional MS.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:36   Link #997
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
Outlawed weapons didn't stop him or Lacus from breaking a treaty that they pretty much wrote up.
This canard again? First off, the treaty to limit Neutron-Jammer Cancelers is an arms limitation treaty, so there's no need to abide by it once war has broken out. Next, we can be fairly certain that neither Kira nor Lacus were signatories to it, so it'd be a little bit weird to think that it'd apply to them in the first place.

For a real world analogy, the U.S. was a signatory to the Washington Naval Treaty, but it felt free to break its limiting stipulations as soon as war broke out with Japan. The Soviet Union wasn't a signatory of that treaty, so it could safely ignore the treaty's terms.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:56   Link #998
Wesley84

^ So it was the canceller and not the nuclear powered suit?
Old 2008-02-19, 23:12   Link #999
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Spoiler for Sir Dearka:

Spoiler for 4Tran:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:53   Link #1000
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Hey, this is a good idea. Don't take it the wrong way, but Wesley, when you have a long post, can you spoiler tag it also?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep