AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-15, 22:58   Link #61
Trov
Holy cack!

Rock Lee = Coolest of the cool. Anyone else like his pose? It says, "just bring it!"
Old 2004-08-15, 23:05   Link #62
HinatasFanBoy

nah ur not creepy, im like that wif Hinata
HinatasFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 23:20   Link #63
Itachi_Sasuke
I'm an avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trov
Rock Lee = Coolest of the cool. Anyone else like his pose? It says, "just bring it!"
His post is retarded. He looks like a moron doing it. You knwo what he post says to me? "I'm a fag so attack me so I can get my butt kicked already."
Itachi_Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 23:25   Link #64
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_Sasuke
His post is retarded. He looks like a moron doing it. You knwo what he post says to me? "I'm a fag so attack me so I can get my butt kicked already."
nonononono, It's supa cool! It shows his determination and power and confidence. Without it, he isn't RockLee-ish!
Old 2004-08-15, 23:30   Link #65
Itachi_Sasuke
I'm an avenger

I have to admit it was really cool the way Rocklee was able to open the 5 gates but I just don't like him. His eybrows are like massive, put them together and there bigger then his head. If we were to talk about Gai-Sensei it would be a different story. But Rocklee just looks moronic when he does the pose. He cries too much too, it's annoying sometimes. "whahaha" "STFU ROCKLEE."
Itachi_Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 23:47   Link #66
Trov
Holy cack!

He cries because it seems like no matter how much work he does, no matter how much he trains, Neji beats him! He wants to prove that hard work beats genius! And that You can control life instead of things being destined. Besides, Gai is just as cool as Rock Lee! They are my idols! He does not look moronic with that pose either, it's cool, very cool.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 00:00   Link #67
indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_Sasuke

^
what he said.

also lee is an idiot he used 5 gates wich is a selfdestructing technique in a preliminary round! he should have just realised that there is no shame in giving up against gaara and just give up! there whas allways the next chuunin examn! alltough he will never become one i think, because well he is not realy the type to think things thru before entering a fight
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 00:04   Link #68
yinstro

Rock lee haterade amazes me, how can you hate the rock? heh, i think your mad cause he and gaar a had best fight in the anime series so far.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 00:17   Link #69
indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
Rock lee haterade amazes me, how can you hate the rock? heh, i think your mad cause he and gaar a had best fight in the anime series so far.
actualy i'm a gaara fanboy i even made video tribute for him with DMX's look thru my eyes!

and i loved the gaara/lee fight the way he tricks lee when he uses his primary lotus. and seeing how even the 5gates thing didn't help that whas awesome that naive lee gave everything even (allmost) his life and still couldn't defeat gaara!

it took naruto/gamabunta and kyuubi to defeat him! i bet gaara could even take on orochimaru
Old 2004-08-16, 01:48   Link #70
LunaNeko

I think Rock Lee is one of the MOST UNIQUE characters in the anime world!
First time I saw him, I laughed at his character design and his kisses towards Sakura, but when he tried to protect her during chuunin exam - I changed my mind. He is a wonderful character, and HILARIOUS one to boot! He is definately a highlight of the show, the one who make you laugh one minute and cry at another. I enjoy watching him and love him more and more. I am quite surprised that so many people hate him for some reason...really...he is so wonderful.

Maybe grown ups, like me, get a big kick out of characters like Gai and Lee...really...that's the only explanation I have for my liking of them both. ;-) The whole "400 laps into the sunset" had me on the floor laughing with the tears in my eyes. How can you NOT love that? Maybe I have a weird sense of humor...thank god for that, I can enjoy Naruto 10 times more...;-)
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 01:50   Link #71
rokunagawa
A Pathetic Excuse

Location: .. Sunny California.. Whee .. *sarcastically waves a flag * -_-;;
Send a message via AIM to rokunagawa
Smile

Gaara And Rock are Both Cool.
Who is cooler? Well if I think about it. I'd have no answer.

Gaara gives off a more morbid but serious tone that leads on his extensive arrogance that I find intriguing since he is so capable of such melancholy things. He is a wonderous character.. very mysterious .. totally..awesome. You'd only hate him for his... well.. he's too serious. But he's still awesome... I don't hate him at all.

Then again.. Rock Lee, I mean come on! He's just plain sweet and funny . He brings the mood up and around.. (HE WEARS GREEN FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE).. His smile shines =P Hahaha, he's an awesome optimist... You'd only hate him for his annoying-ness ^_^;; ... But i'm annoying.. so i don't hate him either

I LOVE NARUTO! He's awesome.
I like Sasuke.. he's..cute... And... smart... too bad he .. *coughs* .. well yeah ... in the series...

I like all the characters...
Hinata...ehh not so crazy about her
SAKURA.... don't.. like.. her....

.... The pink haired girl is the only person i'm a bit... iffy with -_-;;;

.. wow i made a long post... WHEE!! @_@!!!!
rokunagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 02:37   Link #72
LunaNeko

Yeah, Naruto has the most amount of characters I like. Gaara, Rock Lee, Kakashi, Gai, Naruto - all of them are so bloody awesome... I usually like one character out of the series, with Naruto - I slowly started to like SO Many of them! I saw beyond Naruto's annoyingness probably after Haru/Zabuza arc, I love character developement of the main cast. And Rock Lee makes me go *squeeeeeee!!!!*

Damn, I'm too old for this...;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokunagawa
I like all the characters...
Hinata...ehh not so crazy about her
SAKURA.... don't.. like.. her....

.... The pink haired girl is the only person i'm a bit... iffy with -_-;;;

.. wow i made a long post... WHEE!! @_@!!!!
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 03:14   Link #73
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

If it weren't for Rock's eyebrows, we'd never be able to tell what he's feeling.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:58   Link #74
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
actualy i'm a gaara fanboy i even made video tribute for him with DMX's look thru my eyes!
oooh, where can I download it?

Quote:
it took naruto/gamabunta and kyuubi to defeat him! i bet gaara could even take on orochimaru
well, i dunno about that, it is probably 10 years too early for Gaara to fight a Sannin. ^_^;;

but he could probably put up a good fight against Kakashi, Gai, or Kabuto. He wouldn't win, but it would be a a damn good fight.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 11:08   Link #75
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
whoa, there's so much hate in this thread when this thread was made for love.

I still can't see why you guys are hating on Lee. All your reasons just seem to say, "There's really nothing to hate about Lee so I'll just point out everything."
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 12:50   Link #76
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
whoa, there's so much hate in this thread when this thread was made for love.
Pfffff, hell no! If the only purpose of this thread is to express love then it should rightfully be deleted/closed like all those threads created to only express hatred. Discusion in this forum is always personal opinion. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
I still can't see why you guys are hating on Lee. All your reasons just seem to say, "There's really nothing to hate about Lee so I'll just point out everything."
O_o.... doesn't that contridict itself? Nothing to hate so one points out everything they hate.....

Well, anyway, there is obviously something there to hate if people hate it. For every force, there is a counter-symmetrical force. Everything beautiful has proportional ugliness. Everything brilliant has proportional stupidity. Perfection is a concept which is unobtainable by all standards.
Old 2004-08-16, 20:58   Link #77
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
For all of you appalled for my skipping all those previous episodes, don't worry. I plan on watching Naruto in order eventually, when I have the time. Skipping 40-some episodes was purely an act of losery fangirliness.

Gaara seems like an awesome character as well. At first I was like, "Eek, he's creepy and scary-looking!" (ha, but Rock-kun isn't??? ^.^;; ) But after watching the Gaara/Lee fight he really intrigued me. When I actually start watching, Gaara might end up becoming one of my other fave characters, I predict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
How big are your eye brows?
Quote:

omg beautifull really a work of art that post
Actually, mine are quite thin. No need to pluck them ever. ^.^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponko
Rock Lee is the best. I want to kidnap him and force him to be my sex slave. Everything about him is perfect. I love how hard he fights against his own insecurites, and I love how he can persue his goal without insulting and trying to tear others down. Lee is polite, charming, funny, brave, loyal, dedicated, forgiving.....the list goes on and on. Sure he is goofy looking, but that is what makes him so great. He can dress bad and style his hair wrong, he can act like a goof and behave in strange manner with his sensei, and yet he is still one of the most amazing ninja in the series. Lee has more 'coolness' in his fuzzy eyebrows than anyone on the show.... except maybe Gai. ^______^

Besides, I like his cat smile. Everytime I see it I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I do not know why anyone would think Lee is arrogant. His goal is simply to be taken seriously as a ninja for the abilities he has rather than ridiculed for the abilities he does not. What better way than to show that he can compete with the genius ninja?

Besides, Lee's fighting style rocked. It was unfortunate that Lee ended up competing with likely the only ninja who could have defended against the Gates. To be fair to Lee, any other genin who entered that ring with Gaara would probably have faired just as bad, if not worse. I'm hoping that in the future they do have a battle between Neji and Lee or Lee and Sasuke. Even if Lee does not win, it would be nice to have others admit that he can compete on thier level, and he is not the waste of ninja flesh that others have been telling him his whole life.

I like Gaara too. Gaara and Lee are two of my favourite characters, so you are not alone in being a Lee fan who does not dislike Gaara. ^___^
Ponko-san, you picked out everything I love about the guy. Let's be best friends and rap--I mean, get acquainted with Rock-kun. ^.^;;

I love how Sasuke does nothing for me, yet Lee has me raving like an hormonally imbalanced loon.

My guy friends get a kick out of picking on me and my Lee infatuation. We'll be outside in the sweltering Florida summer heat during phys ed, I'm complaining, "Dag, it's freaking hot out here," and one of them will shoot back with, "Ah, but not as hot as Rock Lee, right?"
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 22:01   Link #78
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod

but he could probably put up a good fight against Kakashi, Gai, or Kabuto. He wouldn't win, but it would be a a damn good fight.
hahaha, hardly man. Gai is way faster then Lee, and he dispersed gaaras Desert Coffin jsut by running into it. Gai pwnz Gaara

Beautiful Green Beast > the sniffling "Noboddy loves me everybody should apologize, only I deserve to live in my own selfish goal"-bitch from the sand

FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 22:53   Link #79
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
hahaha, hardly man. Gai is way faster then Lee, and he dispersed gaaras Desert Coffin jsut by running into it. Gai pwnz Gaara
Gaara beat Lee without a scratch or bruise... Gaara wasn't even breathing abnormally as he walked away. On top of that, during the fight, Gaara wasn't using his full potential or fighting Lee seriously.

When Gai knocked the sand away, it was moving at a normal rate toward Lee because the object of desert coffin is not to attack, but merely to surround. Had Gaara launched sand at Lee, it would have been alot less easy for Gai to knock it away.

When Gaara transformed partially into badger form, he was already noticable faster than Sasuke who was noticable faster than Lee without weights. But it is still assumed that Lee with gates is faster than Sasuke. Most people here also assume that Gai is faster than Lee with gates. When Gaara transformed completely, he was even faster than partially transformed. So, this is how the speed comparison goes:

Lee w/o weights < Sasuke < Lee w/ gates open < Gai
Lee w/o weights < Sasuke < Gaara part transformed < Gaara completely transformed

Correspondingly, Gaara would be about as fast as Gai. But there is no true way of assuming who is faster because they were always the faster when they fought.

as for strength, the same would probably be true.

so the only desiding factor would be experience. And there, Gai is undoubtably better than Gaara. Gai would win, but it would be a good fight.
Old 2004-08-16, 23:54   Link #80
indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
oooh, where can I download it?
its extremely big and i don't have anny webspace. i'm sharing it via dc++ tough.

but it is a verry emotional one even after the music stops and pretty amateuristic. once i get the hang of it i'm gonna make a better one and try upping it to some webspace.