AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 04:42   Link #17021
littlegal100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Why all the hate on George??

You know, I don't hold any prejudice against fat people wearing glasses.
Yeah I've been noticing a lot of George hate since EP6...

I mean don't get me wrong he did become unlikable to me thanks to EP6 although (for me atleast) He's still not bad as a person.
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 06:58   Link #17022
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I guess that's because unless you want to accept the idea that there's no culprit (which apparently I'm the only one ready to accept) you need to imagine someone among the 18 is.

That however means someone is a psychopath murderer, which means someone is a lot worse than how normally appears.

George is a good scapegoat, nobody likes him to begin with, there are a few hints about him being a dick, and then you can easily imagine he's even more of a dick than it was actually shown.

Plus... as an universal rule, the guy/girl that stands in the way of the main couple is bound to get hated more than Adolf Hitler and Cruella Demon alltogether.
Unfortunately George is confirmed to stand in the way of Battler and Beatrice; that's not an enviable position.

That's more than enough to point the finger to George, claim he's the culprit, and treat him as such.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:19   Link #17023
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I'd love to point the finger at somebody else, if anybody worked quite so well. Hideyoshi is underdeveloped, Jessica has too much exculpatory evidence to sort through, Battler is the protagonist, and Maria is nine. Doesn't leave us with a lot of options.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:30   Link #17024
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Kyrie is a nice culprit, no wonder Bernkastel picked her.

The problem is I never seen any hint of her being particularly interested in wealth. It seems to me she's always been obsessed about monopolizing Rudolf and nothing else.
She did had many ideas about how to get money from Krauss, but that seemed more like she wanted to help Rudolf getting out of his financial problems.

Then again the same reasoning could be done about George... or about everyone really...

Old 2010-09-02, 08:31   Link #17025
Leafsnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redriel View Post
So, body means now "letter"?
If you want to be a little more plausible, Erika's body is the one carrying the letter.

I guess the thing on her head could be her "seal"? It never really made any sense for her to wear it (I mean, it's just a lent set of clothes, right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Erika cannot be the first letter or master key or whatever:

Furudo Erika had no influence on any of Beato's games before now. She does not exist in the worlds before this one, nor does she influence them.
The letter was radically changed in the chiru arcs then? Or she just hadn't been aknowledged as that kind of entity before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
They're all basically irredeemable jerks except Battler, unfortunately.
I kindof disagree - Genji seems to sacrifice himself in episode 1 and 2. I mean, think about episode 1 -

Kumasawa is a very likely accomplice.
Nanjo is a very likely accomplice.
Maria is almost certainly an accomplice.
The killer is on the loose outside.
Genji decides to go out with them all anyway.

So... I'd probably have him down as "Not a jerk", heh.

Lesse... George's main obstacles to being the culprit is that he stays with Battler for pretty much the whole time in episode 1. And episode 2, iirc. Aaaand episode 4 (he couldn't be forcing people to read a script from the guesthouse... could he?). And he's a confirmed murder victim in episode 5. So... yeah.

Hideyoshi's main obstacle to being the culprit is being a confirmed victim of the first twilight in episode 2.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:39   Link #17026
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I kindof disagree - Genji seems to sacrifice himself in episode 1 and 2. I mean, think about episode 1 -
He might be the perfect loyal servant (almost) but he's a quite morally questionable character.

Old 2010-09-02, 08:46   Link #17027
ijriims

Well, don't you all know Genji was a robot, therefore he said he was a furniture from the beginning.

Hey, Kinzo just said he was in the engineering team during the war as well

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:00   Link #17028
cmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Genji
Did you read ep7? Because he's truly the 'father' of Shkannontrice. He lied to everyone and made it possible for her plan to exist.

And this is another matter I wish Ryu would explain to us. Who is Genji? Why he is so "loyal"? Why he's a furniture? How did Kinzo met him? The same, but to lesser extent concerning Kumasawa. Well, you could probably say that she's just long-working servant, but it's still strange. At least we got small amount of info about Nanjo.
cmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:17   Link #17029
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Did I miss something? I don't think Genji himself ever stated that he's furniture.

Old 2010-09-02, 09:18   Link #17030
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Why all the hate on George??

You know, I don't hold any prejudice against fat people wearing glasses.
on top of whats been said, theres also his "creepy" expressions since ep 4 and most notably in 6 (check the tea party when he responds to hideyoshi telling him to value his wife over his parents).

Of course if you suspect george have to kinda question shanon (which many people do, im wondering myself as well) as well i mean wtf, what kind of woman finds jealousy anger and some sort of illogical combination superiority/inferiority complex (the way he felt superior to everyone else and looked down on woman thinking theyd just flock to him but felt inadequate when "inferiors" like BAttler were more liked) being the main reason for his development as charming?
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:23   Link #17031
J the Drafter

Genji has stated he's furniture.
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:26   Link #17032
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Did I miss something? I don't think Genji himself ever stated that he's furniture.
In EP2, inside servant's room, after Rosa and the rest went for checking Nanjo and Kumasawa's "bodies"

Old 2010-09-02, 10:11   Link #17033
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Kyrie is a nice culprit, no wonder Bernkastel picked her.

The problem is I never seen any hint of her being particularly interested in wealth. It seems to me she's always been obsessed about monopolizing Rudolf and nothing else.
She did had many ideas about how to get money from Krauss, but that seemed more like she wanted to help Rudolf getting out of his financial problems.

Then again the same reasoning could be done about George... or about everyone really...
The fact that he has fiancial problems and needs money can be her motive, which fits with EP 7. She clearly knows about it, as seen in EP 5. Even if she apparently says that Rudolf never told her in EP 2.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:19   Link #17034
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's one point I disagree with.

The financial problem could be a motive if the people involved had either the choice to kill or to be in financial problems.

But this is not the case. With the bank account alone even splitting it into four parts all of the siblings financial problems would be solved.

If the objective was to pay the debts, there was absolutely no need to kill, that problem was solved already.

And if their objective was the get all the goods for themselves, then that's not because they were pressed by the circumstances, but because of pure greed.

Old 2010-09-02, 10:31   Link #17035
Steampunk Librarian

Quote:
That's one point I disagree with.

The financial problem could be a motive if the people involved had either the choice to kill or to be in financial problems.

But this is not the case. With the bank account alone even splitting it into four parts all of the siblings financial problems would be solved.

If the objective was to pay the debts, there was absolutely no need to kill, that problem was solved already.

And if their objective was the get all the goods for themselves, then that's not because they were pressed by the circumstances, but because of pure greed.
That problem isn't solved for Krauss though seeing as he is embezzling and hiding a dead body. Most definitely, Krauss has everything to lose with Kinzo's death. Not that it makes him a culprit, but maybe he is being blackmailed by people who have nothing to lose? >_>
Steampunk Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:43   Link #17036
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well yeah, Krauss is a different case. We only have his word in a non confirmed scene that he's about to get a lot of money to pay his debts, his financial problems could be worse than expected.

However in the case of the other siblings we know that they are just aiming to 250 millions each. and that was repeated many times so chances that this is false are dim.

Still in Krauss case I see very little point for him to destroy his own house, and he'd have a lot of problems explaining that to Natsuhi and Jessica.
In case he really is in a desperate financial situation then it's more likely that he planned to die and bring everyone with him rather than get the money and run.

Old 2010-09-02, 11:20   Link #17037
Will Wright

Quote:
Well yeah, Krauss is a different case. We only have his word in a non confirmed scene that he's about to get a lot of money to pay his debts, his financial problems could be worse than expected.

However in the case of the other siblings we know that they are just aiming to 250 millions each. and that was repeated many times so chances that this is false are dim.

Still in Krauss case I see very little point for him to destroy his own house, and he'd have a lot of problems explaining that to Natsuhi and Jessica.
In case he really is in a desperate financial situation then it's more likely that he planned to die and bring everyone with him rather than get the money and run.
Krauss is my culprit, and double Shkanon are his accomplices.
My theory is that Krauss went "I want to destroy Kinzo's empire...AND START MY OWN TO PROVE TO HIM I'M AWESOME. ALSO NATUSHI YOU TRIED TO KILL OUR ADOPTED CHILD. NOT COOL. I'M KILLING YOU. JESSICA YOU ARE WORTHLESS. KILLING YOU TOO."

Then planned to destroy everything to fake his and Double Shaknon's deaths, then use the gold(we have seen him have gold before, he said he bought it from someone, but we have no evidence of that. For all that we know he could have found the real gold ages ago) to build the Krauss boxing empire.

He would be like Rocky, except he would be a murderer. And rich. Forever.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:26   Link #17038
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Forever?

No matter how many gold ingots you give to Krauss, he could lose them all before you can say "space tourism?!".

Old 2010-09-02, 11:30   Link #17039
ijriims

In case anyone who has not read it, I am reposting this from image thread to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler on EP8, possibly:
A few pictures are better than thousand words.

All credits go to shroedinger

Old 2010-09-02, 11:36   Link #17040
Will Wright

Quote:
In case anyone who has not read it, I am reposting this from image thread to this thread

A few pictures are better than thousand words.
That's perfect. My life is better after reading that.

Also, do we have any evidence that Krauss really lost money with SPACE TOURISM other than Natushi saying that? She was shocked that he lost money in the first place. MAYBE IT'S ALL PART OF HIS PLAN.

Or maybe I'm just a Krauss fan and I'm trying to make him look like God.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote