AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 06:12   Link #661
novalysis

Kyubey is a sentient , fully automated oil derrick . Puella Magi's are oil fields. Voluntary oil fields.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 06:32   Link #662
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for 9th ep:
Old 2011-03-04, 07:05   Link #663
Jimmy C

I would think that ep10 is too soon to change everything with another revelation again.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 10:38   Link #664
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ But that's what staff of Madoka said. u.u~

Staff= "6th 7th episode = Relaxation for the 9th and 10th episode"

Of course, 6,7th episode being relaxation is a lie (at least I don't accept it, since I couldn't have any relaxation since the 3rd episode. ;_;...)
Old 2011-03-04, 11:55   Link #665
Jimmy C

By "relaxation" they meant they'd be just stabbing you instead of disembowling you with a chainsaw.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 13:13   Link #666
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I think QB is still lying.

Why didn't he say to Kyoko the same thing he said Homura if he didn't?

QB intentionally showed a benefit of doubt when confronted by Kyoko yet deny it later confidently with Homura. Even if he wasn't technically lying, still sounds like BS to me and it's not any better than actually lying.

Also, screw the universe, we can barely manage our own Earth. The universe can go to oblivion for all I care. Also, entropy is supposed to be increasing by every second in our universe so I don't really buy that pseudo-science of his. Besides, it's the universe we're talking about. A chance of 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00001 can become 1 when faced against the universe so there MUST be another way to save the universe (assuming it really is declining anyways).
Old 2011-03-04, 15:41   Link #667
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Where exactly did he lie ? Saying he didn't know of a way of saving Sayaka, and telling Homura it's not possible aren't in contradiction with each other.
First, he told Kyoko that the power of magical girls is "unpredictable" and even he doesn't have all the answers when she repeatedly questioned him about reviving Sayaka.

Next, he told Homura he DOES have all the answers, he certifiably knew it was NEVER a possibility, and he told Kyoko it was a possibility so she'd go off and get herself killed.

How is that NOT a blatant contradiction?

He didn't play with words or withhold information from Kyoko in this case. He outright gave her false information, and it's foolish to argue he did otherwise.

Face it. Kyubei is a deliberate liar, and his whole "My alien perception makes me unable to understand manipulation" thing is obviously bull. Likewise, nothing he said about alien races and universal energy should be taken as fact at this point.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-04 at 16:01.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 22:28   Link #668
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
First, he told Kyoko that the power of magical girls is "unpredictable" and even he doesn't have all the answers when she repeatedly questioned him about reviving Sayaka.

Next, he told Homura he DOES have all the answers, he certifiably knew it was NEVER a possibility, and he told Kyoko it was a possibility so she'd go off and get herself killed.

How is that NOT a blatant contradiction?

He didn't play with words or withhold information from Kyoko in this case. He outright gave her false information, and it's foolish to argue he did otherwise.

Face it. Kyubei is a deliberate liar, and his whole "My alien perception makes me unable to understand manipulation" thing is obviously bull. Likewise, nothing he said about alien races and universal energy should be taken as fact at this point.
I borrowed this from the episode 9 post because it explains it better than I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
The translation is correct. almost correct
Japanese isn't a language you can translate from the words alone.
Half of the translation is in the context (e.g. intonation)

The last か has downwards intonation (you have to listen to the dialog to catch this), together with じゃない making it a rhetorical tag question equivalent to ", isn't it?" in English.

QB believes (maybe not definitely 100% but 99%) that Sayaka can't be saved. He has no doubt regarding this matter in his tone at all. Even the first まさか has a mocking tone, implying that Homura is stupid for asking something that both of them are sure of the answer.

edit:
re-listened, the first sentence before it also has downwards intonation (i.e. it's not a question) and the script is missing some words.

ほむら「佐倉杏子は本当にみきさやかを救える望みがあったの」
Homura: Sakura Kyouko really has a desire to save Miki Sayaka.
QB「まさか。そんなの不可能に決まってるじゃないか。」
What are you saying? There is no way that could be possible, isn't it?

t/n: "that" refers to the ability to save Sayaka, because the next sentence Homura asked why he doesn't stop Kyouku despite her action being a fruitless effort, which is when he revealed that it's to leave Homura as the only one MG to defend Walpurgisnacht.
So I'm still going to stand by my statement (that you decided to omit for some reason) that if you think something is impossible you certainly don't know of a way to do it.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 23:00   Link #669
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Well.. it seems kyuube was not lying after all, if this guy isn't trolling.

http://twitter.com/#!/JORA_JORAEMON/...24237978079232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Animator of MMM
ここまで観て、冷静な判断ができる人なら、超効率的に物事を動かすキュウベェに対して怒りの感情を顕にはで きなくなると思ってたんだけど…まだキュウベェを許せないと感じるのも人として間違っていないのでそれは皆 さんの自由です。キュウベェは宇宙平和の為に行動していて決して私欲じゃないです。
Bolded part = 'Kyuube's working for the peace (...) of the universe, not for his own selfishness.'
Old 2011-03-04, 23:33   Link #670
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I get the feeling that the animator is pretty adamant about what he said in defense of Kyuubee. This is how I read it. I may be wrong though.

ここまで観て、冷静な判断ができる人なら、超効率的に物事を動かすキュウベェに対して怒りの感 情を顕にはで きなくなると思ってたんだけど…
"Now look, I thought that getting angry over Kyuubee, who gets things done very efficiently, is not really sensible if one is to calmly evaluate him...

まだキュウベェを許せないと感じるのも人として間違っていないのでそれは皆 さんの自由です。
"Yet those that held that Kyuubee is unforgivable are not wrong, and are free to feel that way.

キュウベェは宇宙平和の為に行動していて決して私欲じゃないです。
"Kyuubee is acting out of the well-being of the universe, not for selfish reasons."

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 23:36   Link #671
Sekirei07

Oh yeah? You know who else was working for the peace and stability of the universe?

ANTI-SPIRALS MOTHA FACKA!

Yes, in Gurren Laggan you can say that the Anti-Spirals were not evil because they didn't want to let the Universe ultimately getting destroyed. So what do they do? Kill 99% of all sentient life and trap the rest with death traps. Yeah, totally not evil at all.

What QB is doing is not selfish? He is sacrificing others, and sitting back collecting the goods from it all. He isn't risking his neck, how is any of it selfless?

Hell now that he is confirmed to be an alien. I honestly think of him as a parasitic type. He latches onto his potential host and harvest the goods after he is done with them and moves onto the next target.

I honestly can't wait for some fan art of QB behind a predator or the little head inside an Alien mouth.
Old 2011-03-04, 23:40   Link #672
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Welcome to a universe that is called GRIMDARK for a reason.
Old 2011-03-04, 23:47   Link #673
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
I honestly can't wait for some fan art of QB behind a predator or the little head inside an Alien mouth.
I actually do have a picture like that...
Old 2011-03-04, 23:48   Link #674
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

not on the topic, but here are some interesting quote from the same guy
http://twitter.com/#!/JORA_JORAEMON/...25824955912192
http://twitter.com/JORA_JORAEMON/sta...26136227807232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same person
さてさて、まどかマギカもそろそろクライマックス。残された謎もあとちょっとになりました。では問題です。 ワルプルギスの夜は、どんな魔女なのか。ほむらはなぜワルプルギスの夜を倒そうと時間移動しているのか。ま どかの魔法少女化を阻止し続ける本当の理由は。超ド級の魔力を秘めるまどかの正体は。

これから先の展開をお楽しみに。すげー面白いから。
Ts: "Sooo, Mamama's now gradually leading to the climax and a lot questions are solved and there only few secretes left. So, here is the question; what kind of witch 'Walpurgis night' is? Why Homura's trying to defeat this witch? What is the true reason for trying to stop Madoka from being mahou shoujo? What's Madoka's true identity?"

"Please anticipate more for the upcoming stories. It's extremely enjoyable"
Old 2011-03-05, 00:01   Link #675
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

*snickers* Mamama. I meant Madoka... that superclass magical power of hers certainly bothers me.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:12   Link #676
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Anyone remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Logic 3:
Adding from logic 1, if Kyubey's job is as an incubator, then I assume he wants to do the same with Madoka. I take his words for face value: Madoka has the potential to become the most powerful magical girl. By extension, Madoka can become the most powerful witch. Or, perhaps, an evil entity even more powerful than a witch - a devil?
I am Gen Urobuchi's secret confident!

Well, here comes another salvo of disconnected logic. This is what we have learned from Kyubey in episode 9:
-The total energy of the universe is decreasing. However, the emotions of humans have the ability to create energy.
-Kyubey claims that his race does not understand emotions. Instead, he is merely using those emotions to extend the life of the universe.
-Madoka has the potential to become the most powerful Puella Magi, and therefore the most powerful witch.
-Kyubey wanted Sayaka to die so Homura would have to face Walpurigi's Night alone. In addition, Kyubey collects the energy created when Puella Magi turn into witches.

First Impressions
Logic 1:
Kyubey wants emotions. The more powerful the emotion, the more energy is restored to the universe. Kyubey grants his contractor any wish they want. In exchange, they feel extremely happy, and therefore also create emotional energy for Kyubey to harness. But as they live the life of a Puella Magi, they descend into utter sadness. When the Puella Magi eventually turns into a witch, Kyubey collects the emotional energy at it's highest - complete despair.

Logic 2:
This relates to physics. The law of conservation of energy (which has never been proven wrong, only modified) states that energy is never lost. Instead, it merely undertakes other forms; for example, the heat energy from a burning fire is converted into chemical energy (the reason why the logs are burnt) and light.

If that scientific law is true, then Kyubey is wrong. The energy of the universe is not decreasing. Something must be using that lost energy. If it stands to say that humans can create energy with their emotions, then it also stands to say that another being should be able to do the reverse: destroy energy.

Logic 3:
Kyubey has stated his intent is to save the universe, not let it die. If Kyubey is not lying, then his race must be working against some other malicious entity.

If Kyubey is lying and Homura is correct, then Kyubey (and his race) is that entity. Kyubey is sucking the energy out of the universe for his own means, but the universe is finite. Therefore, Kyubey is using humans to create energy for himself. The way he does this: Manipulate their emotions. Make them feel bliss, then despair. Kyubey's race has developed the technology to harness emotions as energy; the need for such technology implies that Kyubey's race also has the power to destroy energy for their own means.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:23   Link #677
Sekirei07

But one thing add up is how can the energy of a single little girl ever on any capable level on earth be possibly big enough to have even a tiny fraction of an impact on the WHOLE Universe.

I mean the transition from MG to Witch alone should release more energy than every nuclear bomb ever made on the history of our planet let alone the Sun. Yet Sayaka's transformation didn't even blow Kyoko away.

Also, did QB the whole wish idea was "them" being kind? So does that mean the possibility he could just take out the soul and not give a shit (even less than before)
Old 2011-03-05, 00:29   Link #678
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
But one thing add up is how can the energy of a single little girl ever on any capable level on earth be possibly big enough to have even a tiny fraction of an impact on the WHOLE Universe.

I mean the transition from MG to Witch alone should release more energy than every nuclear bomb ever made on the history of our planet let alone the Sun. Yet Sayaka's transformation didn't even blow Kyoko away.
If the energy was set loose all at once, it would be like a nuclear bomb was dropped. Madoka's city would be dust.

Kyubey probably used whatever technology he developed to contain the energy and store it for himself.

I know you are skeptical about how much energy humans can produce, but I have to assume it is significant for Kyubey to go through all this trouble.

Quote:
Also, did QB the whole wish idea was "them" being kind? So does that mean the possibility he could just take out the soul and not give a shit (even less than before)
No, I think Kyubey takes the happiness the wisher gets from their wish and turns it into energy.
He also takes the sadness when they become witches and turns it into energy.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:50   Link #679
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Breaking the laws of thermaldynamics would suggest that he uses MGs to create energy from nothing. As for how much energy is created, the answer is somewhere between zero and infinity, this is because breaking the laws of thermaldynamics would render potential energy calculations meaningless.That is A BIG FREAKING DEAL by the way.Like, destroy the universe big.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 00:52   Link #680
Dark Wing

Quote:
Kyuube stated it in this episode that teenage girls have the greatest amount of emotional energy (mood swings) so they make a better source of power and of course we all know teenage girls are best know for their mood swings...

Tags
characters