AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 83 51.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 22.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 14.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 11:50   Link #161
Yzori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Not as far as I know, we're still waiting eagerly for news of a 3rd season (hell with the books ahead, its not like the material is lacking). Actually in one of the recent books she directly told Lawrence she loves him, so dependant on how many more series (if more) they have in mind, its quite possible they will end one with that.
Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear, that's indeed a possibility. Correct me if I am wrong, but they progress two volumes into one season right? That would mean we've got 4 volumes done now. How many are there left?
Old 2010-05-20, 07:14   Link #162
mastakilla88

No, in the second season they skipped the 4th. So we are at the 5th. There are 14 novels if i recall correctly.
Old 2011-08-20, 23:44   Link #163
KyoKyo

Not to necro an old thread....Just finished season II in English (since my pre order LE box set was one of the lucky ones to get shipped earlier) and I was impressed. The voice actors did a good job although Brina Palencia made Holo sound like Hell Girl in a few instances

I actually liked the ending to the season, even though it was abrupt. I felt the way Lawrence and Holo resolved their relationship was spot-on and consistent with how they interact with each other.
Lawrence realizes he screwed up. They fight. Holo punches him. Holo cries. Lawrence holds her. Lawrence actually bears his heart to Holo. Lawrence smooches Holo. Holo responds with a prideful and blushed tease.
They walk out hand in hand. end scene.

Honestly, if there was some long make-out "I love you Lawrence" scene, I don't think it would have fit!
Old 2011-10-03, 02:42   Link #164
ArrowSmith

I just finished season 2 on Hulu. I have to say that Holo is one of my favorite anime girl characters of all time! At the beginning of the series I thought "oh no another cat girl fantasy show", but episode after episode Holo just grew on me to the point that I'm on pins and needles waiting for every next scene. When the "kiss" finally happened I was not shocked that she didn't respond. After all, she's not human.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:02   Link #165
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
So...is there any hope for a Season 3?
Old 2011-10-26, 01:10   Link #166
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
So...is there any hope for a Season 3?
Possibly, see the general threads for current thoughts on the matter.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:11   Link #167
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. there's always hope.... but if more than 2 or 3 years lapse it becomes more unlikely (just going by most other series that never get a finishing season).
Old 2011-10-26, 02:20   Link #168
nestea2004

Cool

True, but wasn't shana in the same boat as well as ZnT (Zero no Tsukaima) so I am hoping so (cause both series are getting a new season )
Old 2011-10-26, 02:26   Link #169
Rajura

Just to clarify, in the S&W general discussion thread, Kaguya mentioned Seasons I and II will be airing on back to back days on October 29th and 30th.

We can hope maybe... just maybe... that it is either to feel out current excitement toward the series for possible funding for a Season III or maybe that this airing will be used to announce a Season III.

I can only hope... of course, I tend to get my hopes up very easily when it pertains to S&W stuff.
Old 2011-10-26, 02:33   Link #170
nestea2004

I know the feeling very well! and I did not know that! lets hope!

*Dreams of Season 3* I tend to get my hopes up for this series quite a bit as well..

Its kind of bad when most of my nerd friends don't understand why I like this series ^^ but its just so easy to get into
Old 2011-10-26, 02:34   Link #171
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The more I see this thread bumped, the more I get false hopes that season 3 just got announced.

I hate you all.
Old 2011-10-26, 03:12   Link #172
nestea2004

Sorry ^^

oops I did it again?
Old 2012-04-02, 03:22   Link #173
WolfOfMonteCristo

Considered it to be something of an anti-climax, given the quality of the rest of the series...
Old 2012-04-08, 14:46   Link #174
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

:I well we can only hope. And wait.... And try not to riot in the streets and burn the villages. I'm surprised nobody came on here and did an April Fools joke announcing it.
Old 2012-04-08, 15:18   Link #175
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes260 View Post
I'm surprised nobody came on here and did an April Fools joke announcing it.
AS does not suffer April Fools jokes gladly. But they will gladly punish anyone who posts them. IMO, an April Fools joke is not worth an instant ban.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-04-08, 19:52   Link #176
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
AS does not suffer April Fools jokes gladly. But they will gladly punish anyone who posts them. IMO, an April Fools joke is not worth an instant ban.
Well, those kinds of April Fools jokes aren't funny anyway. They just make people disappointed... of course, I won't trust such a post for any show without verification from either a production website or from the creator's site.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:08   Link #177
Saga.

I guess I came late to Spice & Wolf :P Anyways, I'd like to ask a question. I've read the first 5 books now and finished the second season, but this episode / book got me somewhat confused.

From what I could understand, the relationship problem they had in this last town was due to something Holo "feared". She states that she doesn't fear she'll be at his deathbed due to her not aging, so it's something else. From what I could understand from the book, she feared that their relationship would go stale, as if the "honeymoon period" would end, like so many married couples after the years pass and their relationship becomes routine. I got this idea because of a few things that were said, mainly in the book:

- Even though Holo's life spans centuries, she's not a god and thus cannot make a "forever happy" paradise. In the end she's like everyone else, and gets tired of things.

- Lawrence thinks to himself that the reason Holo doesn't seek the companionship of other creatures similar to her (with a long life) is because she would tire of them.

- Holo says that bards always sing, regarding lovers, about how they wish to "return to when they first met".

- She also says how since they are getting closer and closer, at first simply grabbing his hand was very exciting, now a hug, then maybe a kiss, and so she would seek more and more but it can't go up forever, so what happens then? She asks this to him in the inn.

- Holo argues that this is a good time to end their relationship because it's been incredibly fun for her. She doesn't want to end it in a bad note, quoting "All is well that ends well".

So is this really her fear? Or was it something else?
Old 2012-09-19, 14:40   Link #178
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga. View Post
So is this really her fear? Or was it something else?
It's up to you to decide, but basically it seems that she's scared that if she gets too attached, she won't be able to let go and move on with her life like she'll inevitably have to.. but it's not like she'll be able to admit that outright.
Closed Thread