AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 18:46   Link #1
saya_leviathan

Question Need help: Error operation system

I'm not really a tech expert but this happens last month.

Note: My OS is Windows XP.

When I turned on my computer, it got this "Error loading operating system" thing. Now, I did some research and it says here that I need to change the BIOS. According to my brother, the parts in my computer are really out of face since I use that computer for 5 years. I don't know if that's true because my brother is a stubborn jerk and when I told him to bring it to the computer shop to fix it, he didn't do it.

Anyway, I did everything to get it to safe mode but it's not. I don't know if reinstalling Windows XP would work or I would have to buy a new computer.

Now, I'm really worried that because of this error, I might lose all files which includes very important documents for my work, music files, anime wallpapers etc. I don't know if that's really possible that you'll lose your files because this really worries me the worst.

So, I'm asking how can I really solve this without losing all the my files.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 19:11   Link #2
sa547
*Author

Without having to reformat the hard drive and if you still have the Windows XP installation disc, you can try to reinstall XP by booting from the disc and selecting the repair portion -- after pressing F8 to accept the user license, press R to repair the installation.

More detailed procedure here.

If you're still unsure, the other good option is to contact a local technician (and please check his servicing rates and track record) to help you back up and reinstall XP.
Old 2012-06-17, 22:03   Link #3
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

If you're getting that error, then the BIOS is fine (your brother saying that your computer parts are "out of phase" indicates that he's either an idiot or a jerk for messing with you). The real problem is likely a glitch in the Master Boot Record (MBR) on your hard drive. It's basically just a subsection of your XP partition that tells your computer to boot up XP in a certain way. You MAY be able to fix this with the simple Repair feature of your Windows CD, and I wish you luck with it.

Just for the sake of argument, why are you still on XP?
Old 2012-06-19, 20:10   Link #4
sa547
*Author

^
By experience as a tech, some people still use XP because either they feel it's more familiar and easier to use than Win7, or that they're using an older PC that can only run XP.
Old 2012-06-20, 12:06   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Wouldn't a rescue disc allow him to access his hd to get all his needed files?
That would be my guess.

It also depends if you OP use partitions on your HD to storage your things; do you only use a C:/ partition and have everything saved there? Or do you storage your important things on another because then if you reinstall windows it shouldn't touch anything on the other partitions only on C:/

I mainly agree with Dante a simple repair might fix that glitch out, so try that first.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 18:27   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
If all else fails, get a live boot CD of Linux (use another computer to burn it on a DVD), launch Linux directly off the DVD without installing anything, and this way you can access your files on the HDD. You can then copy them on an USB drive.