AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-19, 12:09   Link #121
Xacual

I really doubt we'll see dual wielding next episode since episode 9's title can only mean the 74th floor boss where he uses it for the first time in front of people.

I think it just going to get up to Asuna and Kirito forming a party.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 19:26   Link #122
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hope it's marriage and meeting with Yui... the boss would just be a flash back... hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 19:30   Link #123
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hope it's marriage and meeting with Yui... the boss would just be a flash back... hehehe
The boss fight most definitely won't be shown via flashback..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 19:35   Link #124
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
The boss fight most definitely won't be shown via flashback..
So it'll be shown?
Old 2012-08-19, 19:41   Link #125
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
So it'll be shown?
What? I don't understand what you're trying to say. Yes, it'll be shown, but not in flashback format as you want it to be.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 16:12   Link #126
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They've started changing things. Probably to bulk up the LC's role. I wonder how big the changes will be?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 17:21   Link #127
Edgardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They've started changing things. Probably to bulk up the LC's role. I wonder how big the changes will be?
Probably will replace the chapter in which the Kuradeel attacks Kirito by battle against LC.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:59   Link #128
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
Probably will replace the chapter in which the Kuradeel attacks Kirito by battle against LC.
That would give a lot of LN readers something to gawk at.

Anyways I really liked this adaptation, it's nice how the animation quality went back to Ep. 1 standards. They really were saving up the money for the main arc lawl.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:50   Link #129
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
That would give a lot of LN readers something to gawk at.

Anyways I really liked this adaptation, it's nice how the animation quality went back to Ep. 1 standards. They really were saving up the money for the main arc lawl.
Well it would a WTF moment.
Agree wtih you there, I just hope they keep it for Yui SS.
Old 2012-08-25, 23:54   Link #130
lightbringer
M9000

So somehow they managed to make Kuradeel even more of a loser than he previously was. And they added "ominous foreshadowing by putting PoH in the crowd. I thought Kuradeel only joined them "in spirit"? The implication here seems to be that PoH put him up to the little stunt that will likely be aired in episode 10.

Asuna OTOH really got to shine this time around and, aside from the duel interference, as far as I can tell, all her scenes were adapted very faithfully. She even pulled Kirito by his belt, just like in the novel

Still, they are leaving out a lot of context, even though it was expected and can't really be helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
That's really the impression I got, lol. But I was expecting them to save the most for the 74th and 75th floor boss battle and the final duel. Actually, we did not get most of the 75th floor boss battle in the novel... I wonder if they'll add more detail to that.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:00   Link #131
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That's really the impression I got, lol. But I was expecting them to save the most for the 74th and 75th floor boss battle and the final duel. Actually, we did not get most of the 75th floor boss battle in the novel... I wonder if they'll add more detail to that.
Most of the battle was "and then they kept doing the same thing, but the boss wasn't dead yet." It never changed its attack patterns or anything. The tension of the fight was that they were working against exhaustion from doing the same precise timing over and over again. There is literally no point in expanding the description of the fight.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:44   Link #132
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder if this is one of the changes the author's planning on doing on his rewrite of SAO.
Either way, hopefully it'll be interesting. Laughing Coffin really didn't do much in the LNs from what I remember.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:48   Link #133
Clarste
Human

I dunno about you, but Laughing Coffin actually gave me chills down my spine whenever they showed up in the novel. I thought that whatever the author did to make them seem scary worked quite well. Probably related to the same attribute that made in-game deaths of minor characters feel more real than the real deaths of minor characters in other works of fiction.

So while they don't show up often, they really dominate the scene whenever they do. I hope the anime can try to recapture a bit of that after their failure to do so in episode 6.
Old 2012-08-26, 01:05   Link #134
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
I wonder if this is one of the changes the author's planning on doing on his rewrite of SAO.
Either way, hopefully it'll be interesting. Laughing Coffin really didn't do much in the LNs from what I remember.
They were only mentioned in the novel as well as the bad reputation they made in SAO... the atrocities and how the guilds of SAO made a crusade against them....

Hmmm...it was not mentioned in the novel that a black coffin member was actually watching between that duel, right??
Old 2012-08-26, 01:10   Link #135
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Hmmm...it was not mentioned in the novel that a black coffin member was actually watching between that duel, right??
It wasn't. That was added by the anime. We'll have to see where they're going with it.
Old 2012-08-26, 03:22   Link #136
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I dunno about you, but Laughing Coffin actually gave me chills down my spine whenever they showed up in the novel. I thought that whatever the author did to make them seem scary worked quite well. Probably related to the same attribute that made in-game deaths of minor characters feel more real than the real deaths of minor characters in other works of fiction.

So while they don't show up often, they really dominate the scene whenever they do. I hope the anime can try to recapture a bit of that after their failure to do so in episode 6.
Really? Well I think if they had PoH "conversation" Kirito it would have been better then them just walking away after to them reinforcements were coming and kirito drawing his sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It wasn't. That was added by the anime. We'll have to see where they're going with it.
Should be interesting. I just hope they dont add mess up in the process .
Old 2012-08-26, 09:38   Link #137
Znail

I have to wonder if they plan to actually make an episode of the crusade against LC? It does worry me a bit about any changes there as that could mess up with Kirito asking Asuna for a sleepover :P
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:04   Link #138
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
The scene happened after the crusade, so there's no way unless it was someone who escaped and went into hiding. But I'd think such a person might try to be a little more inconspicuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I have to wonder if they plan to actually make an episode of the crusade against LC? It does worry me a bit about any changes there as that could mess up with Kirito asking Asuna for a sleepover :P
I don't see how they could reintroduce the Laughing Coffins at this point without dealing with them, though whether it'll be a crusade or just get folded into Kuradeel's betrayal is an open question. Either way, the story would need to be an episode unto itself, which reinforces the idea that the SAO arc will extend into the second cour.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:11   Link #139
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Other point to worry about: they completely skipped the Army guys. I guess they can still meet them after running away from the Gleameyes, but it won't be quite the same - and I worry that they won't meet them and that this going completely off the rails.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:29   Link #140
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Army may show up - afterall, they're part of Morning Dew Girl, and we see Yui in the OP so that's definately gonna happen.

As for Asuna... it's forgivable. While she is a badass and all, let's not forget that she's also a teenaged girl.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote