AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 16:05   Link #241
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So Nightwish records one album with Anette, and then she's gone, and they'd already lost Tarja . As stated, it sounds like Nightwish is going into troubled times. And while there are plenty of bands that manage to recover after loosing a singer (or any other major band member), they're never the same. Makes me wonder what's going to happen with Nightwish next.
Well, to be fair, they did two albums with Anette. But I agree that they are probably in a bit of a crisis of identity right now. I'm eager to see how the band will perform with Floor Jansen on the tour. So hopefully a few videos will surface on youtube soon.
Old 2012-10-14, 02:36   Link #242
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
They did two albums? I know of Imaginaerum, but what's the other?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:50   Link #243
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
They did two albums? I know of Imaginaerum, but what's the other?
Dark Passion Play
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:23   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Major news today! Singer Anette Olzon and Nightwish part ways.

Source.

Somehow this news makes me happy, simply because I think having Anette as a vocalist forces the band into a musical direction, that I personally don't really enjoy. Any opinions on the matter, folks?
personally, I wish bands would get better about flexibility - doing some things together, some things apart, some with others, etc. I have a fairly wide span of what I like.

I liked what Nightwish and Anette did but I also like other directions for the band. I'll probably keep tabs on both Nightwish and Anette and see what directions each go in.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:11   Link #245
ZGoten
Custom User Title

So what is everyone's opinion on the new Wintersun album? I really like it. It's one of those records, that get better with each listen. Sometimes I'm having trouble hearing the metal out of it, though, which is a bit of a pity.
Old 2012-10-22, 21:01   Link #246
Haladflire65
*Artist

I'm sorry, I'm too busy with Kamelot right now Though it seems like Wintersun's splitting the opinions of some fans, it's been interesting following their threads in MS.

Kamelot's full Sacrimony video:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YES. I like the video a lot! I'm listening to the leaked album as well and it's sounding pretty damn good. Tommy's done really well and I'm very happy for him.
Old 2012-10-23, 12:58   Link #247
ZGoten
Custom User Title

I love Sacrimony and the video is great as well, but the album has been a huge letdown for me. I personally prefered Poetry more. It was just more unique. Nothing really stands out on this one. It feels more generic, poppier in parts and there's just barely anything memorable for me. It is an okay album, but okay is just not enough by Kamelot's standards.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:48   Link #248
Flame-X
Anti-fan

My new discovery thanks to Kamelot's Sacrimony video.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-23, 23:27   Link #249
Haladflire65
*Artist

For me, it wasn't the "darkness" of Poetry that made me not like it as much as the previous albums - I like darkness and am totally fine with it. I just found most of the songs to be kind of boring save for Great Pandemonium, Once Upon a Time and perhaps Hunter's Season. It might've been the experimental nature of the album, I think. I'm a sucker for Seventh Wonder-style epic and melodic vocal lines which Silverthorn has more of than PFTP which is why I'm enjoying it more. Now, I have very little musical knowledge so it's all a matter of personal tastes for me, technicality and production and all that stuff aside.

@ZGoten: It's interesting that you like Sacrimony more than other tracks on the album, since a lot of the reviews and reactions I've read say that the others were better. It might be because I've been listening to Sacrimony so much already that I don't feel it too much any more My favourites from the album have to be Song for Jolee and Prodigal Son so far.
Old 2012-11-14, 08:16   Link #250
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
An instrumental by a French band, seriously:

Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 15:16   Link #251
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

So a band I have listened to quite a lot released a new album a couple of days ago. After the first listen I can say that I like it. It's more good old Kvelertak. Metal party music, if you will. Very fun. The first album hit me like a ton of bricks long time ago, so comparing Meir to their debut could be a little unfair. Also, I haven't listened to metal in ages so I can't say I really have an apetite for this kind of music. Still, Meir is fun but their debut simply feels more fun at the moment. I should hasten to add that Meir certainly didn't disappoint. Not in the least. Obviously you should listen to this if you liked Kvelertak's debut.

Sample:

I felt like no track on Meir reached the level of awesome asskicking of, say, Blodtørst:

edit: So I listened to Kvelertak's debut again now for the 60th time (or something) while sipping a nice cold beer etc. It's clear that I love this album too damn much.

Last edited by zarqu; 2013-03-27 at 16:01.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:30   Link #252
Eragon
Still Alive

I'm just starting to get into metal thanks to my roommate. Considering that I was completely averse to being anywhere near metal or anything resembling it, I consider that a huge achievement - on my part

Mostly Metallica right now. Started out with their newer songs and now listening to their 80-90's albums. Iron Maiden here and there. Same with Motorhead(Triple H theme song inspired interest).

The guitar solo of Metallica is what really glues me to their songs plus the lyrics sometime.

Might as well post some which I listen to most,

................................need to thank someone from this thread for this.
Old 2013-04-28, 22:48   Link #253
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Who likes Converge?
Spoiler:

They don't play much guitar solos but the technicality of the guitarwork and the other instruments are superb.
Old 2013-04-29, 02:31   Link #254
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Woah. Converge is quite the catch. Thanks for pointing them out Soliloquy.
Old 2013-04-29, 12:24   Link #255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Who likes Converge?
Spoiler:

They don't play much guitar solos but the technicality of the guitarwork and the other instruments are superb.
okay, i like them NOW! (heh, hadn't heard of them until your post )
Old 2013-05-04, 04:09   Link #256
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Another favourite band of mine but a bit more subdued than Converge, very ambient and moody.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-05, 08:20   Link #257
ZGoten
Custom User Title

So what do you guys think about the new Black Sabbath song? It's been out a couple of days/weeks now. The album will be released in June, if I'm not mistaken. I like it a lot, actually. Ozzy sounds a lot better than expected and the overall style is very reminiscent of the band's early doom beginnings.

Spoiler for space:
Old 2013-05-05, 18:50   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wasn't disappointed by the tune. Granted the metal I grew up with may not match someone's taste who is newer on the scene, but hey, it's Black Sabbath.
Old 2013-05-06, 05:36   Link #259
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I like metal.

Especially stoner metal, post-metal, sludge, experimental, groove metal, avant-garde and doom metal. The occasional melodeath album is acceptable from time to time as well.

PS: Agalloch is awesome. If you like them and want more, check out the Russian group The Morningside.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:17   Link #260
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
PS: Agalloch is awesome. If you like them and want more, check out the Russian group The Morningside.
I quite like the band there but I gotta listen to a few more. At this point I can say they really got some good riffs. The voice however needs time for me to get used to.

Spoiler for Katatonia:

Tags
metal