AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-21, 19:02   Link #21
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
.....why does my heart go doki, toki again?!

No, will she graduate from her syndrome and now in the world of adult love>>>> nyah!!!!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-11-21 at 20:21.
Old 2012-11-21, 19:20   Link #22
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2012-11-21, 19:31   Link #23
ellessarr
Banned

awesome episode this anime is one of the almost clich off i see and i really like this, no harem, no guy totally oblivion to girls or indecise, not triangle love, not totally looser boy friend(i gona explain why), not girls who are here only to thrown themselfs to the MC and a really cute couple and some "other sparkly couple"(gona explain)
Spoiler:

i give 10 to this episode
Old 2012-11-21, 20:16   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 08 - The Barrier Tears Down

And the episode does indeed open on a grand delusion battle. Though this time, the cuts between reality and fantasy were a little more somber. Loved the background music and the effects of the deliberately fake looking, but burning house in Rikka's memories. The debate between Yuuta and Touka is also an intriguing one. It's clear she has a somewhat cynical view of reality, while the show itself seems to be saying that having these dreams might not be such a bad idea. It gives Rikka her drive, and she hasn't actually hurt anyone with it. If anything, it's brought more friends to her side than before. The second half of the show was cute and nicely atmospheric, but it speaks for itself to the point that I don't have much to say about it.

Sanae/Shinka is probably my favorite part of the show. These two have such a natural comedic chemistry. If Rikka can reawaken the Dark Flame Master, I'm sure Sanae will get through Shinka's barrier eventually and reawaken the Fairy Queen from her slumber. Now I want to see Kumin in one of these delusionary battles - she's probably more a mage than a melee fighter, with a bunch of defense-based spells. Her cuteness seems to be working on everybody but Mori Summer.
Old 2012-11-21, 20:18   Link #25
Elestia

Great episode, but the first half of the show felt kinda of weak and was left unresolved for the most part. However, the second half of the show more than made up with it as we got some quality time with Rikka and Yuuta being themselves. The subtle realization for Rikka's feelings about Yuuta was very well developed and the ending when she strokes Yuuta's sleeping head was indeed one of her most cutest moments in the series. I nearly had a heart attack when she called Yuuta's name in such a warm manner.
Old 2012-11-21, 20:41   Link #26
OPN

Pretty much agree with all the previous posts. Yuuta and rikka are a really sweet couple and i rather enjoyed their interaction during the second half of the episode. Defenitly the best episode yet.
Old 2012-11-21, 20:41   Link #27
novalysis

It seems to me that Chuunibyou is following a story outline that recognizably has VN Routes, especially of the kind of plot that Key favors.

Just like many VNs, the first six episodes are devoted to a great deal of comedy. The route then begins with the backstory of the girl in question being revealed, creating a challenge or a conflict, which in the process of resolution creates romance.

I think, if we were to see the first half of Chuunibyou as the Common Route, and the anime as a whole through a VN Lens, then the structure of the plot begins to make a huge amount of sense. Put in simply, if Chuunibyou was a Visual Novel, Rika would be the lead girl, and we are well into the Rikka route, especially with the last two episodes. (In-fact, I'd argue the last three - four episodes, for that matter, it's just that the last two episodes have become much more sharply Rikka-centric.)

That does not mean that a Nibutani route is unimaginable, for example. Indeed, I can very easily see Chuunibyou becoming a visual novel, and likely a very good one. There are precedence for this- for example, look at the upcoming Kokoro Connect visual Novel.
Old 2012-11-21, 20:59   Link #28
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It seems to me that Chuunibyou is following a story outline that recognizably has VN Routes, especially of the kind of plot that Key favors.

Just like many VNs, the first six episodes are devoted to a great deal of comedy. The route then begins with the backstory of the girl in question being revealed, creating a challenge or a conflict, which in the process of resolution creates romance.

I think, if we were to see the first half of Chuunibyou as the Common Route, and the anime as a whole through a VN Lens, then the structure of the plot begins to make a huge amount of sense. Put in simply, if Chuunibyou was a Visual Novel, Rika would be the lead girl, and we are well into the Rikka route, especially with the last two episodes. (In-fact, I'd argue the last three - four episodes, for that matter, it's just that the last two episodes have become much more sharply Rikka-centric.)

That does not mean that a Nibutani route is unimaginable, for example. Indeed, I can very easily see Chuunibyou becoming a visual novel, and likely a very good one. There are precedence for this- for example, look at the upcoming Kokoro Connect visual Novel.
If we look at it from the point of view of a VN, I'd think it's a little late to cross into another route now, several Rikka flags have been raised by now, the last scene few minutes of the current episode it's pretty blatant about it. Heck even Nibutani is shipping them at this point. Most of the others are getting suspicious as well.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:02   Link #29
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
If we look at it from the point of view of a VN, I'd think it's a little late to cross into another route now, several Rikka flags have been raised by now, the last scene few minutes of the current episode it's pretty blatant about it. Heck even Nibutani is shipping them at this point. Most of the others are getting suspicious as well.
No, it's not. Four episodes ago though, it was possible, and that's my point. From a VN perspective, we are well and irrevocably into the Rikka route as of episode 8, and a Rikka end of some sorts is guranteed. Which was my point.

They were raising flags left and right this episode...
Old 2012-11-21, 21:09   Link #30
The Green One

I do agree it would make a playable VN though.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:23   Link #31
Hakumen
Sankishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I do agree it would make a playable VN though.

That'd be neat especially if there will be multiple routes. Touka route all the way or a Nebutani one is fine too...

Getting back on track, the episode itself was alright. I agree with Touka but for God's sake, there's no need to physically punish the girl. So much stress was probably building up already and she just blew up when the fuse was lit. Thinking of what she has to put up with, I'm not surprised. This show is quite interesting. Even the side-characters are amusing to watch and captivating... sometimes even more so than the main characters.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:38   Link #32
The Green One

Yeah the actual physical attacks made me wince, it was a little too much, probably why Yuuta felt the need to intervene, but if you recall Touka was in tears throughout the exchange, the stress had probably pushed her past the breaking point herself and she ended up going further then she intended. It was a powerful scene.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:42   Link #33
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 8:

Images
Anime Leonardo DiCaprio + Claire Danes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-11-21, 22:33   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Really didn't enjoy the episode that much. It felt too... cheesy. Like it was trying too hard.
Also, the Disappearance ref was cheating.
Old 2012-11-21, 23:35   Link #35
AzureWrath

Can someone translate the screen from 4:00 to 5:00 (Yuuta talking to Touka). I watched two translations of this scene, and they were significantly different in their feel. So different to me, that it affects how I view Yuuta's position on how he sees Rikka's condition.

It is only a few lines, but I would like someone to clarify what Yuuta says and maybe different interpretations of what he says if it didn't translate well.
Old 2012-11-21, 23:41   Link #36
HandofFate

Very somber episode. Kind of expected, but Rikka still is running away from her problems.

She's recognizing Yuuta as a means of mental support now though. It was pretty cute watching Rikka & Yuuta near the end.

Kumin scenes felt like there could be something else hidden. And Nibutani's line "Stop the cutesy act, or I'm outta here" might hold more truth than just a passing remark. It be interesting if it turns out that Kumin is doing a sort of cutesy act to cover for something as well. Nibutani would be the perfect one to realize, since she's also putting on the 'school idol personification' act as well.
Old 2012-11-21, 23:42   Link #37
Johnny
Working the bags...

I seen some mention childhood friend? Did I miss some scenes or something? All I seen was a quick flashback of her looking up at Yuuta, and the only thing I came away with that scene is he's probably the one that gave her the idea to escape into fantasy land not that she is some long lost I forgot about childhood friend...

Other than that this episode was just ok. I find the episodes where there are more group interactions are the best. Although I suppose you can't advance the two without some alone time...
Old 2012-11-21, 23:46   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
..... I came away with that scene is he's probably the one that gave her the idea to escape into fantasy land not that she is some long lost I forgot about childhood friend...

Kids. Don't do that when you got problems ok?
Old 2012-11-21, 23:48   Link #39
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Really didn't enjoy the episode that much. It felt too... cheesy. Like it was trying too hard.
Also, the Disappearance ref was cheating.
Especially the insert song they slipped in during the first half of the episode.
Old 2012-11-22, 00:01   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Japanese fans have already found the original of the convenience store, in Otsu. And posted pics of the interior of the train car (JR West 125 series).
Images
train car, convenience store

There are two more pages of "holy places" in and around Otsu. Look here for pics of the shrine where Rikka prayed for better math marks; the scene where Yuuta gave her a new mail address; the scene by the rail tracks where Isshiki lost the notebook and Rikka held Yuuta's hand; Rikka's grandparents' house, etc. Look here for pics of the school and the club room.

Image from 2channel of three little sisters: (l-r) Kuzuha from this show, Akiko from OniAi, and Suguha from SAO.
Images
three little sisters

And I thought this was a wonderful episode. They tried...and succeeded. And the insert song by ZAQ was good. Just saying.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread