AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 05:34   Link #81
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I am looking forward to hearing Shinku talk again. Her voice was just something that clicked with me. More so than Suigintou and Rie Tanaka @_@

I never could remember who Shinku's VA was.
Sawashiro Miyuki, she's my favorite seiyu.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:22   Link #82
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I thought her voice would be cute or moe. But when Shinku spoke, it was authoritative and to some respect like a whisper. Solid but soft. Weird and I just love it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:43   Link #83
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I thought her voice would be cute or moe. But when Shinku spoke, it was authoritative and to some respect like a whisper. Solid but soft. Weird and I just love it.
True, one of the reasons why she's my favorite va. ^_^
Somewhat off topic, but I love the expression she uses in this: scene, after everyone has left her in the room.
Old 2013-04-07, 23:18   Link #84
demino_hellsin
That one guy

she has a pretty wide voice range too. Considering her Shinku is dignified and regal while SZS role was low and raspy. Kinda of jarring. Then again I didn't really remember Rie Tanaka voicing Suigintou which surprised me as well because her memorable roles for me were Lacus Clyne of GS/D and Ciel from MMZ
Old 2013-04-08, 01:39   Link #85
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou becomes a pro wrestler this fall?

I first recall hearing Sawashiro Miyuki voice Puchiko in DiGi Charat back in 1999.

When the the anime was announced for it back in 2011, the drama CD for the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (I Wanna be the Strongest in the World!) women's professional wrestling manga by ESE and Natsuki Kiyohito featured Toyosaki Aki as the protagonist, idol-turned-wrestler Hagiwara Sakura, Hikasa Youko as her singing idol pal Miyazawa Elena, Tanaka Rie as Sakura nemesis Kazama Rio, and real-life Japanese professional wrestling commentator Tsuji Yoshinari as, well, the professional wrestling commentator.

Nabatome Hitomi and Itou Shizuka also had roles (I can't recall whom they played) in the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! drama CD released in 2011.

Here is an audio excerpt from the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! drama CD, accompanied by panels from the manga, in which Kazama Rio (Tanaka Rie) delights in inflicting pain and suffering and humiliation upon our wrestling idol heroine Hagiwara Sakura (Toyosaki Aki), who screams in agony but doesn't give up while her friend Miyazawa Elena (Hikasa Youko) watches helplessly:

NSFW!
Spoiler:

Since Suigintou in Rozen Maiden in 2004 and especially after Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome in 2005-2006, Tanaka Rie gained renown for crazed, demented, sadistic/sadomasochistic roles like Liang Qi in CANAAN, Yamanobe Sayara in Mnemosyne, and Kitou Hotaru in Copihan.

The cast for the Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! TV anime series, which debuts in October of this year, hasn't been annnounced yet, but don't be surprised to see Suigintou reveling in pro grappling sadism this fall.

Even though it featured no nudity, it proved to be too much for YouTube, which promptly took my upload off it back in 2011 after I had downloaded it and given the original uploader on Nico Nico Douga full credit for it:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content. Sorry about that."

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-04-08 at 10:54.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:49   Link #86
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I remember reading an article on Anime News Network awhile back; when they were auditioning for the part of Suigintou, Tanaka Rie showed up wearing all black; though her voice type wasn't exactly what they originally had in mind for the part, they chose her because her mannerism fit the personality of the role.

Speaking of the voice cast, back before the anime, there was a drama CD made that was based on the manga, the cast listing included:
Shinku - Yui Horie.
Jun - Sanae Kobayashi.
Nori - Aya Hisakawa.
Suigintou - Mamiko Noto.
Hinaichigo - Tomoko Kaneda.
Tomoe - Ayako Kawasumi.
Suiseiseki - Nana Mizuki.
Laplace's Demon - Joji Nakata.
The list might sound a bit weird, but considering that it was made based on the manga, before the anime aired, it actually sounded rather good.

Here is a clip of Sawashiro Miyuki at the 2011 Anime Expo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhlM0UpHLU
Old 2013-04-08, 20:59   Link #87
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nana Mizuki for Suiseiseki just seems way out there for me

The only VA work I've heard her done and somewhat vconfirmed to be her is in shugo chara.
Old 2013-04-08, 21:43   Link #88
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She's Fate Testerrossa in Nanoha and really oddly, Touma Minami in Minami-ke.

And just announced to be the singer of the ED theme for Chapter 7 of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 this fall.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:54   Link #89
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nana Mizuki for Suiseiseki just seems way out there for me

The only VA work I've heard her done and somewhat vconfirmed to be her is in shugo chara.
True, but the interesting thing is that you can get a totally different perspective of the characters; and in some cases the cast for the first drama feel more inline with the original manga.
But, I still have to say that I prefer the anime version.
Here's a clip from it: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/GbWTawYR/Phase_2.html

I wouldn't mind Mamiko Noto playing the voice of Kirakishou.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:56   Link #90
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hinaichigo still sounds really babyish. Nori sounds waaaaaaaay more mature in the drama. Shinku a bit more girl than lady. Nana Mizuki just gets the right amount of energy in there, though she just hits the more somber parts of Suiseiseki better than the anime VA. I guess I should've seen the hyperactive voice coming from Utau's fangirl moments.
Old 2013-04-13, 06:24   Link #91
QueenNori

I'm glad I have the Drama CD
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 01:53   Link #92
Horse

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...in-studio-deen

2 Juns... Seems lke they are adapting the new manga series.

DEEN? No Ko Matsuo? I am disappoint but what can I do... At least the cast, ALI PROJECT and Mitsumune are returning. Fingers crossed for kukui's return.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 02:19   Link #93
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
DEEN? No Ko Matsuo? I am disappoint but what can I do...
What I think is interesting is that the writer they have on-board for the project is a real industry veteran in Tomomi Mochizuki, who has been directing anime since the 80s. His most recent major project was House of Five Leaves (which he directed along with doing all the scripts and sound direction). In terms of projects where he only did the story planning/anime writing, there are some really oddball stories in there, like Touka Gettan and Yamibou. It makes me wonder how he's going to treat this story. I tend to think that veteran anime writers can sometimes be a bit more liberal in their adaptations (and focus more on making thing work for anime than trying to be strictly loyal to the source), but that isn't always the case. I'll be curious to see what they do.
Old 2013-04-21, 02:42   Link #94
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's all in the spirit! As long as it follows the spirit of cute dolls doing cute things and confusing young men that they are actually little girls instead of animated playthings.

But seriously, hearing relentless say this makes me worried.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:27   Link #95
StainGlass

I start getting worried (at least for the art) as soon as I hear DEEN mentioned. On the otherhand I'm happy to hear the voice actors, Mitsumune and Ali Project are back.
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 05:01   Link #96
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Phhh. DEEN is fine for me. As long as they are not adapting novels of any sort. Their manga adaptations are decent but still studio does best with originals.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2013-04-21 at 06:11.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 10:42   Link #97
Kakkou
Tch.

Hatakeyama is the SHAFT guy who made Sankarea look good, so I have no worries about DEEN doing this and hell yeah, Ohsaka in another leading role!! Also yay for AliPro theme song once more, as it should.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 14:12   Link #98
Bern-san

Really happy with the news, in manga adaptations I don't have that much of a problem with DEEN and the staff looks solid enough. Like Kakkou said, it's great to see Ryota Ohsaka getting more roles and Ali Project songs for Rozen Maiden are always good.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:09   Link #99
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I have to say Deen is a decent choice and surprising to see Doremi as Kirakishou.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:42   Link #100
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

last thing we need would be kukui for the ED.