AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-12, 20:43   Link #81
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Ayase will just kill both Mikagami and Kirino. Problem solved...
I think Ayase would kill Mikagami and then lock Kirino in her basement with handcuffs, lots and lots of handcuffs
Old 2013-05-12, 21:40   Link #82
ingandeul
What is Apple?

I am on the KuronekoxKyousuke boat, hardcore. They better not sink it.

Disappointed in SQE.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:51   Link #83
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't like Kirino and I don't like this show, but I respectfully disagree. Kyousuke is the biggest enigma of the entire show. You never know what he's really thinking. He could be in love with sister, or he may just dot on her unhealthily. He's often upset for reasons he himself cannot decipher and then is spurred into action by random impulses.

The only thing I am pretty clear on about Kyousuke is that he genuinely cares about his relationship with Kirino. However, how he ultimately views that relationship is extremely vague. It's uncertain how he really sees their relationship since he always lies about hating his sister. One of the most telling scenes was last episode when he explained in his fake boyfriend persona all of Kirino's attractive qualities (That wasn't fake praise). The problem is if Kyousuke sees Kirino as more than just a sister. How he handles Kuroneko's confession could go many ways and that's the scary part about all of this. Kyousuke's intentions in this show are quite elusive, and for me quite aggravating.
I honestly never thought of it that way before. Thanks for pointing that out. I may want to read so the LN in the future to get more of an idea on what's running through his head now that you mention.

Anyway this episode was pretty watchable for me, and I'm pretty anxious to see what Kyousuke's response will be. I might have an idea on how it may turn out, but the outcome kinda makes me a bit nervous even though KyousukexRuri sounds pretty nice (no love for Saori sadly ;-.
Old 2013-05-12, 22:32   Link #84
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
Light Novel comparison:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Light Novel Comparison images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Thats really similar...ayase is godly

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-05-12, 23:54   Link #85
Kyuu
=^^=

When talking with Kuroneko right in front of the house -- Kyousuke shoulda hugged her.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:23   Link #86
aldw

I swear the otaku reaction to this episode puzzles me, especially since if anything it show the strange but strong chemistry between Kyousuke and Ayase as well as Kirino showing some actual sympathetic moments.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:02   Link #87
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I swear the otaku reaction to this episode puzzles me, especially since if anything it show the strange but strong chemistry between Kyousuke and Ayase as well as Kirino showing some actual sympathetic moments.
Well, they have the different interpretation. Ayase is Kyousuke's potential girlfriend, even she hates him now. Besides, she's good looking. I'm sure if Kyousuke's childhood friend has a major makeover, she will win their support. It's called differential moe. Ayase's hyper-reaction reminds people about Shuffle's Kanede, except her object of "desire" is Kirino. She has the twist sense of friendship, although she's not into yuri(as Kanako suggested). It's quite funny.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-13, 03:14   Link #88
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Well, they have the different interpretation. Ayase is Kyousuke's potential girlfriend, even she hates him now. Besides, she's good looking. I'm sure if Kyousuke's childhood friend has a major makeover, she will win their support. It's called differential moe. Ayase's hyper-reaction reminds people about Shuffle's Kanede, except her object of "desire" is Kirino. She has the twist sense of friendship, although she's not into yuri(as Kanako suggested). It's quite funny.
Hmm, but didn't she seem happy (in ep 2) when she believed or though that Kirino wanted them to become lovers ?
Despite what she said she may be slightly open to idea.
Old 2013-05-13, 04:59   Link #89
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I take this episode quite different from what you guys do, and thought both Kirino and Kyousuke acts were really fit on their personality and relationship status, especially consider how they both have complex feelings on each other.

Firstly i believe it's an older brother's PRIVILEGE to clean after his sister trouble/problem, AND got her to acknowledge that fact. In that sense, Kyousuke scored a brilliant victory over her sister this episode, by being mature, even begging down for forgiveness, but strike back right through Kirino's defensive shell, forcing her bottled-up emotions to break out. Actually it was a draw, because during that process he also throw away his feeling. But then it was Kirino's lost as in the end she acknowledged her fault and want to reorganise that party

The whole boyfriend thing was of her to get him jealous. Deep down Kirino wants him to throw the tantrum, to feel helpless with the same frustration she has whenever she saw him with Kuroneko. It was a slightly failure at first, because unlike Kirino, Kyousuke can act like a asshole, barging straight in to claim what is his (the seat next to Kirino). Which is probably what he got smack in the first place. Not simply because he is rude, but because he attempted to show Kirino that he is still in control over her

But then later he changed his approach, inspired from his father, and claim Kirino by stating no guy's love can match his siscon passion (well not exactly word-to-word like that, but the idea was there). That probably break Kirino stubbornness and we get the ending
Old 2013-05-13, 05:12   Link #90
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Hmm, but didn't she seem happy (in ep 2) when she believed or though that Kirino wanted them to become lovers ?
Despite what she said she may be slightly open to idea.
Maybe, but I think she was just felt fluttered that her bestfriend loves her to that point. I think she'll not take that seriously....
Old 2013-05-13, 05:41   Link #91
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The whole boyfriend thing was of her to get him jealous. Deep down Kirino wants him to throw the tantrum, to feel helpless with the same frustration she has whenever she saw him with Kuroneko. It was a slightly failure at first, because unlike Kirino, Kyousuke can act like a asshole, barging straight in to claim what is his (the seat next to Kirino). Which is probably what he got smack in the first place. Not simply because he is rude, but because he attempted to show Kirino that he is still in control over her

But then later he changed his approach, inspired from his father, and claim Kirino by stating no guy's love can match his siscon passion (well not exactly word-to-word like that, but the idea was there). That probably break Kirino stubbornness and we get the ending
I think it has gone horrible right at first. She wanted Kyousuke to throw a tantrum? He did! A big one, in fact.
However, I think she failed in one major object : Show Kyousuke that she doesnt like it when he spent time with other girls. This is the whole reason she did it in the first place, and she didnt say it out. Which mean Kyousuke didnt know WHY this happened, meaning he might keep spending time with other girls, thus the circle continues......
Old 2013-05-13, 09:19   Link #92
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
I think it has gone horrible right at first. She wanted Kyousuke to throw a tantrum? He did! A big one, in fact.
I thought that at first also. But based on her fierce reaction (slap him, and the sulk until when he comes to apologise), it seems that getting him to only throw tantrum may not be what she deep down really want.

What she really want however , was your second point, she want Kyousuke to feel how she doesn't like Kyousuke flirting with other girls by putting him in her position(which was so close until Kyousuke dumbed with 'what the others have anything to do with it). As you stated, she failed, the cycle repeat. But then she got a heartful confession from him (that talk about how he cherish her more than anyone else), so that was enough for her to admit defeat, confess her scheme and promise to make up the party

Kyousuke meanwhile align all those wanting, and frustration into 'a brother responsibility' (thank to the drunk father) and halt their confrontation to another day
Old 2013-05-13, 11:40   Link #93
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Thanks god i'm not a siscon , doesn't want to be a part of this "event"

Anyway , is it me or they are pushing too much Ayase's yandere this season ? She's quite cute & creepy at the same times (funny too)

Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko , i bet they'll look for something to keep teasing us & doing the siscon thing over & over.

Ow and Manami is left apart.
Old 2013-05-13, 17:13   Link #94
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Thanks god i'm not a siscon , doesn't want to be a part of this "event"

Anyway , is it me or they are pushing too much Ayase's yandere this season ? She's quite cute & creepy at the same times (funny too)

Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko , i bet they'll look for something to keep teasing us & doing the siscon thing over & over.

Ow and Manami is left apart.
Nope, it is only you. Ayase REALLY is described like that in LN
Old 2013-05-13, 17:37   Link #95
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko
I was shocked of Kuroneko's fast change of character from.... gothic to angel....
Old 2013-05-13, 19:30   Link #96
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I was shocked of Kuroneko's fast change of character from.... gothic to angel....
I dunno, Ruri has gone through a LOT since she was first introduced. If nothing else, you could credit the webisodes for the transition, even though a ton of it was in S1 as well.
Old 2013-05-13, 19:41   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
I dunno, Ruri has gone through a LOT since she was first introduced. If nothing else, you could credit the webisodes for the transition, even though a ton of it was in S1 as well.
Hmm.. she always act shy around Kyousuke ( pretty obvious why).. I missed the Kirino bashing Kuroneko.
Old 2013-05-14, 21:53   Link #98
SeanJD

Episode 6 was really something else. It did clear a few things that Mikagami-kun was only pretending to be her boyfriend. I could not believe when they were having a Summer Comiket celebration that Kirino was so proud of having a fake boyfriend during the time being and acted, excuse for my language, she was being a total bitch right at that moment. I think anyone would have been pissed off because of that she had to take it that far. I was glad Saori tried to cheer him up using her other persona that I seen in episode 3 of the season. Of all the times, I would have never have imagined Kirino could have been very stubborn and told Kyousuke to get out after introducing her fake boyfriend to her mother as well. I will tell you that their father is very, very scary whether he is sober or drunk. I thought he was going to kill her boyfriend just by looking at his enraged face. I had a feeling that Kyousuke was not going to give up Kirino to some person that he had barely even knew.

I was glad the situation resolved itself and that the experiment had ended and things were back to normal, for now. It took a lot of courage for Kuroneko to ask Kyousuke to go on a date with her and I was really in for a surprise. I feel bad that I did not even catch up the story in the novels about this but it is the only way I would ever find out about what happened in the season. I really love this series and I love discussing about this with others in the anime community.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:21   Link #99
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I could never understand how Kirino's mind works.
If she could be just direct in what she wants to get, her relationship with Kyousuke might have been much better. Right now, her approach is similar to a Rube Goldberg machine — a multitude of tedious things that a person needs to go through just to reach her heart. That announcement in the middle of the after-party was downright tactless, and if she doesn't like Ruri acting all touchy-feely with Kyousuke (which doesn't really happen), she should try to be less indirect towards Kyousuke.

Fortunately, it seems that Kyousuke has managed to win her over.

By the way, is it me or the only person who sees Kyousuke in the same attitude he has when playing eroge (which I assume is his true side) is Ayase?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-05-15, 07:05   Link #100
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I could never understand how Kirino's mind works
All I think that Kirino loves Kyousuke. She knows it but she has to accept that facts.
Anyway.. that is revealed in how she loves imouto theme games etc... Pretty symbolical....

And another thing... what happen with the posts after my previous post?
Closed Thread