AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 22:34   Link #48221
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Havan't had time to get episode 5 yet. Downloading World of Tanks client -.-

I already liked it the second I saw it in the previews though.

The stage is dependent on the type of story you want to write. As fanfiction writers, we're always tryng to build on what already exists, that's why the tendency is for the scale to be bigger.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 22:42   Link #48222
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Saw a poll of "Who is the worst Harem Master" in the biggest anime website in Vietnam. Frankly, I must compliment Izuru for making IS into a rom-com. Heck, half of my friend there don't give a damn on the fighting.

Also, shame on you, the fast-living person! Industrial style of life really have dulled your sense of true artistic appreciation.

Chifuyu mind-rape Ichika?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 22:54   Link #48223
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have no idea what this worst harem master is, but Ichika is probably in the top 10 of that.

I live slowly, in fact I live under a rock.

Someone's been there, did that and then physically.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:57   Link #48224
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

At least I'm assured that Ichika's actually too dense and isn't doing this intentionally. IMHO, the worst Harem Master (or attempted harem master) would be Makoto from School Days. Because he's doing it ON PURPOSE.

I watched Eps 1-4 and reread Vol 5, a few differences. At first I was annoyed, but now it's given me a few new ideas to play with...
Quote:
"Yo."

Autumn turned around to the unexpected voice. A girl, of the same age as the students of IS Academy. A baseball cap crowned a head of short black hair, and for a second Autumn thought it was M speaking to her. But no, the girl's voice was different. As were the piercing, snakelike eyes.

"Makigami Reiko, I presume?"

"You must be mistaken," taken aback, Autumn smiled falsely at the girl. "My name is Ayako. Makigami Ayako."

"You're a lousy liar. And an even worse assassin."

The elder woman did a double-take. "Excuse me?"

"Your calling card says Reiko." <Ren> pulled out a familiar card, one Autumn did not remember giving out. "You didn't even bother memorizing your own cover story, do you? You're painfully bad at this line of work."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 23:07   Link #48225
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Makoto moves into top 10 assholes rather than harem masters I think. Mismanaging harems is different from manipulating each of them to your own whims without care for theirs.
Old 2013-11-09, 23:36   Link #48226
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, Yuuki Rito is the worse in the chart. Touma is the least one. And all of us agree that Keima Katsuragi is the best harem master. Or Makoto is absolutely an asshole.

And no, not mind-rape, but rape as in planting self-harm physical idea. Basically Inception in IS.

And why am I thinking of a crossover with Spice and Wolf? Quite fit with IS, though.

And Wave, how many stories have you truly completed?
Old 2013-11-10, 00:33   Link #48227
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin
Makoto moves into top 10 assholes rather than harem masters I think
- Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Touma is the least one.
- Granted, Touma actually shows some potential

Quote:
And Wave, how many stories have you truly completed?
- 5 or 6. Usually when idiots don't try to hijack my fic-writing with "This is how your fic should end" and all that @#%@#%@.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 01:28   Link #48228
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not to sound like I'm defending the guy but Touma has legit reasons for not taking advantage of his harem. I doubt you'd jump a girl in real life just cause she stutters around you now and then or cause she made you cookies, or because she physically abuses you.

and I'm not sure if it's being a good guy or dense guy to not jump a girl after she confesses to you when you know that she isn't referring to this version of you.

Ichika basically had the girls walk to him naked and he still interprets it as nothing. That's a whole different case.
Old 2013-11-10, 02:49   Link #48229
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You could just say that Kazuma is just flat out better than Izuru. Don't know much about Index or Railgun, but HEAVY WEAPON totally topple IS.

And like I said million times ago, blame the Author. At least make Ichika to confront the girls frankly once!

Anyone done with my "1000 Words Space Battle" yet?
Old 2013-11-10, 02:54   Link #48230
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, how many here think that you were born with writing talent. For example, my twin brother could never match my way of using words, just like how I couldn't building up a good setting and situations like him.
Old 2013-11-10, 03:21   Link #48231
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I had a talent for being an asshole. Then I reforged it into writing after watching too much anime.
Old 2013-11-10, 04:39   Link #48232
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I have a talent of bullshiting around like the most polite person in the internet.

But at the same time, I can be a very big jerk, especially if the other party like to talk with condescending "I AM TEH SHIT" style.

It's easy to see that in my writing.

And Miner, pardon my asshat but that's [HEAVY OBJECT] for you, it's not a budget game, it's a Light Novel, remember it.

To be a good fanfiction writer, you first had to remember names and titles properly.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-10 at 04:49.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 04:52   Link #48233
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

As expected from a Self-Cest Author! No offense.

Tch... At least now I know who should be my beta for Paradise Lost. Don't you think it's weird for a Japanese game like Megaman have more western writers than asian?

Starting to watch Log Horizon. Don't know what to say... At least I could use some material for IS.

Also, what would happen if Tate shot a rod of ice into a charging Impact Cannon?
Old 2013-11-10, 05:23   Link #48234
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the ice would be crushed and the impact cannon would generate unstable plasma that can either make the cannon blow up or it could fire the mass as a destructive burst. Whichever comes first.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:27   Link #48235
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I though the Ice would be melted. Or, if the pressure came first. Ice varies itself on the melting point depend on the ATM meter, you know.

And that lead to a question: What if you leave Houki, Rin and Tate in one room?
Old 2013-11-10, 05:35   Link #48236
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Watch the new episode 5 of Gaim yet? Now I like that Ichigo Arm even more than Melon Arm!
I haven't watched episode 5 yet. Still waiting for the subs.

But I just found out at JEFusion that Gridon and Kurokage made their appearance near the end of the episode. Which makes me more excited to watch it.

BTW, does anyone thought of an IS/Kuroko no Basket x-over?
Old 2013-11-10, 05:41   Link #48237
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yeah! But I thinking more of a line to Slam Dunk or Captain Tsubasa.

Also, let's see how would this Bravo rider be.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:48   Link #48238
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

How about IS/Hetalia?
Old 2013-11-10, 05:52   Link #48239
HasuMasu
*Artist

That makes a lot of sense.
Old 2013-11-10, 06:26   Link #48240
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What if:

The reason Ichika can pilot the IS, is because Ichika is the IS, or rather he is all of the IS cores made, and all IS cores that will be made?

When Tabane approached the Orimura siblings, she saw that the elder sister had unlimited talent, skill beyond imagine. Then she laid eyes on Ichika, barely above a toddler, his eyes were on the sky and she could already tell he had infinite potential.

That became Tabane's inspiration for Infinite Stratos.

At 5 years of age, Tabane and Chifuyu had come to an agreement to have Ichika help them with their Infinite Stratos research. The system was to be based upon Ichika's own psyche. But the progress was slow, to the point the government had pulled their research funding. One day, Chifuyu came to the lab to see Ichika and Tabane sleeping in the lab, with the IS completely operational with all predicted functionalities and parameters. A little while later, Chifuyu was exposed to the fact Ichika had lost all his memories. When Chifuyu went to confront Tabane, the mad scientist had already disappeared, leaving a launch prepped White Knight IS, the first true IS. On a computer screen showed a massive number of ballistic data for nuclear missiles and their corresponding targets. Chifuyu had no idea what it was, but she knew that the target of all those missiles was one place, the research center she and Ichika were at. So she used the White Knight to protect what was most important to her.

Years later, Tabane reveals that she remembers why IS only respond to women and Ichika. Because it is based on his psyche. The last experiment directly linked Ichika's mind to the IS cores and an overload occured. Effectively it killed the mental Ichika then, leaving one with effective amnesia.

The infinite potential that lay within Ichika and the fact Ichika himself is male. Those gave the infinite stratos its unique traits of evolution and being female only use.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest