AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 11:02   Link #9961
GDB

Better be a Hina spin-off or I'll be disappointed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:11   Link #9962
AstroNerdBoy

Hina is a good spinoff, especially if it picks up their background. There are other spinoffs that would be awesome as well if their story components can't be incorporated into HnG.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 07:55   Link #9963
madmac

Chapter 443 is out.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Also, a frank discussion about shirts.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 08:01   Link #9964
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha.. I believe Hayate's bad luck would strike again..

good luck anyway
and I doubt the plot is going to advance in this arc.. whatever the outcome, it would be all the same

I forgot.. who's that Souya?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 08:14   Link #9965
madmac

Souya is an school-friend of Hamster and Hayate. Just a minor character who shows up very rarely...However he's also the Main Character in Lifesavers, which is the manga Hata did before Hayate, which is why he already knows Ikusa, who was also in Lifesavers.

If Mitsumi shows up we'd have the whole main trio from Hata's old manga, but she probably won't because she looks too much like Nagi. She's shown up as a background cameo character in HnG a few times, though.

To put it another way, this whole beach arc so far is basically an official Hayate/Lifesavers cross-over. The restaurant called Life they keep talking about is like the main base from that manga. You can see the sign on the ground for Ikusa's life guard training, even.
Old 2014-03-10, 08:47   Link #9966
MCAL

This chapter was hilarious.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 11:27   Link #9967
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Chapter 443 is out.

Also, a frank discussion about shirts.
No shirt, no service. ^_^ Or is that discrimination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and I doubt the plot is going to advance in this arc.. whatever the outcome, it would be all the same
Well, technically, it already did, at least a smidgeon. Ikusa does have the pouch that Hayate gave him as a child. Ah-tan is there as well, and if she has regained her memories (her power meter was back at full charge), she'd remember Ikusa.

Quote:
Souya is an school-friend of Hamster and Hayate. Just a minor character who shows up very rarely...
After being used early in the manga to help introduce Ayumu and the school life Hayate had, he's shown up one or two other times I think? So yeah, very rarely indeed. *lol* It wasn't until recently that I was even aware that he was a crossover character from Hata-sensei's other work (Lifesavers).

Quote:
If Mitsumi shows up we'd have the whole main trio from Hata's old manga, but she probably won't because she looks too much like Nagi.
*lol* That reminds me, when Hata-sensei did new artwork for Lifesavers rerelease in Japan (while in America, we're bloody lucky to even get two releases of HnG a year *_*), I saw the cover on a Japanese website for Hayate no Gotoku. I thought it was some weird, one-off HnG thing done by someone else, but with cover art by Hata-sensei since the girl on the cover did look like a somewhat older Nagi. ^_^; Now that I know the truth, it makes me laugh.

Regardless, I liked the chapter. My blog post for it will go up Thursday.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-03-10, 14:44   Link #9968
ChampDream
Alive

lol, that talk about shirts was something else.
Old 2014-03-14, 10:11   Link #9969
madmac

Aaaand the new project is an OVA series: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...al-video-anime

June, Sept, Dec.

I'm always up for more Hayate animation, and it could be interesting. OVA's aren't much of an investment either, so if they do well I don't think more are out of the question.
Old 2014-03-15, 01:02   Link #9970
AstroNerdBoy

No doubt, I'll watch if I'm able. However, these anime are doomed in the U.S., thanks to Viz's ultra slow release schedule and apparently, not enough folks buying the manga in the U.S.

Old 2014-03-15, 10:04   Link #9971
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
No doubt, I'll watch if I'm able. However, these anime are doomed in the U.S., thanks to Viz's ultra slow release schedule and apparently, not enough folks buying the manga in the U.S.
That has nothing to do with the anime. The anime was doomed back in season 1 when Viz tried to sell it in half cour, DVD sub only sets, at the same price as any other full season hybrid bluray anime.
Old 2014-03-15, 14:54   Link #9972
madmac

Quote:
That has nothing to do with the anime. The anime was doomed back in season 1 when Viz tried to sell it in half cour, DVD sub only sets, at the same price as any other full season hybrid bluray anime.
Bandai, actually. And then Bandai closed their anime division shortly afterwards and no one cared enough to try and get the license back. Then the second season came out and no one picked it up because Bandai was sitting on the first season rights and F that. It's all doom under the bridge now, no Hayate anime is ever going to be licensed again in the US.
Old 2014-03-15, 15:52   Link #9973
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
...no Hayate anime is ever going to be licensed again in the US.
Other than Crunchyroll.

Regardless, to GDB's point, Viz isn't helping. When CTMEOY came out, I heard a lot of people going, "Who's Ruka? Who's Kayura? Why do we need these new characters? What's going on here anyway?"

*sigh*

The thing is, how can we encourage manga sales to get Viz to actually speed up releases?

Oh well. I'm looking forward to the new chapter.

Old 2014-03-15, 16:00   Link #9974
GDB

Quote:
Bandai, actually. And then Bandai closed their anime division shortly afterwards and no one cared enough to try and get the license back. Then the second season came out and no one picked it up because Bandai was sitting on the first season rights and F that. It's all doom under the bridge now, no Hayate anime is ever going to be licensed again in the US.
My bad, yeah. Bandai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Other than Crunchyroll.

Regardless, to GDB's point, Viz isn't helping. When CTMEOY came out, I heard a lot of people going, "Who's Ruka? Who's Kayura? Why do we need these new characters? What's going on here anyway?"
It's not Viz's job to keep up to date with the Japanese anime. The fan translations are available, yet those viewers didn't read them. Why? Because a lot of people don't read manga, regardless of where they can get it. That blame is 100% on the anime for jumping about 300 chapters and assuming everyone knew what was going on from the manga.
Old 2014-03-18, 07:21   Link #9975
Silverkite
moetastic !

so chances for a BD version of the first seasons?I was checking Manda and other stores with no avail
Old 2014-03-18, 09:04   Link #9976
Death Usagi
Banned

Spoiler for 444:
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 22:34   Link #9977
AstroNerdBoy

Spoiler for 444:

Old 2014-03-19, 00:42   Link #9978
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Huge service. Like.
Old 2014-03-19, 02:02   Link #9979
Kon the Magnificent

Hayate was raging hard lol.

Spoiler for 444:
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 02:25   Link #9980
Kakurin
大佐

Haha, that was a nice one with the chapter number reference.

But damn, Hayate's scary, ordering people around like there's no tomorrow.

Spoiler for 444:

Tags
comedy, shounen