AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-11, 16:13   Link #21
sarofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
He's M and she's S. Nuff sed.
I agree that she's S, But He is not M!!! Why do think he's M?!!!!
Old 2013-05-11, 16:32   Link #22
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Really? Like hell he would. Only Kyousuke's Dad ever said he flat out rejected it (being drunk admittedly).

The point Kyousuke made was that whilst he was unhappy about it, he would be willing to accept it so long as Mikagami proved himself to be a capable boyfriend and be able to keep Kirino safe. It smacked to me of something his Dad would be saying rather than him.

Essentially, he is looking out for his younger family member. The bond Kirino and Kyousuke share, to me, is familial, nothing more - and I can guarantee that no matter how many fights and whatnot you get into with an older or younger sibling, anyone does harm to them (emotionally or physically) and you'll be the first one on that guy's doorstep ready to kick that person to the curb and moreso. Kyousuke did, after all, say that it was Kirino's decision.

Just like it would be Kyousuke's decision to go out with Ruri.
True. From a familial-relationship basis, he of course did the right thing to protect his little sister.

I was actually more analysing this situation as a simple love relationship, instead as a familial connection between brother and sister.
Why I did that? No clue.
Old 2013-05-11, 16:35   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If Kyousuke accepts to go out with Kuroneko, then he hasn't understood anything Kirino tried to teach him this week. However, if he doesn't accept solely because of Kirino, then it's even worse since it means he's letting his little sister dictate how he should live. Neither of them have the right to forbid the other from doing what they want. They're free to make their own choices. Kyousuke is more or less in the clear since I believe he would have eventually accepted Kirino's boyfriend. He was worried for his little sister, which is natural. Kirino's feelings, on the other hand, are far more complex and dangerous. She can't stand the mere fact Kyousuke gets along with other girls. If Kuroneko becomes Kyousuke's girlfriend, I'm expecting her to give a whole new meaning to the word "bitch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
Is Kyousuke for real?!!!! Can anyone be this weak?!!!!!!!
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really fed up with all this crap ....
Yeah, it's seriously infuriating. He's letting his little sister walk all over him. BE A MAN FFS! And here I thought he was getting better recently. He's still just as pathetic as he always was when it comes to Kirino.
Old 2013-05-11, 16:46   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
The point Kyousuke made was that whilst he was unhappy about it, he would be willing to accept it so long as Mikagami proved himself to be a capable boyfriend and be able to keep Kirino safe. It smacked to me of something his Dad would be saying rather than him.

Essentially, he is looking out for his younger family member. The bond Kirino and Kyousuke share, to me, is familial, nothing more - and I can guarantee that no matter how many fights and whatnot you get into with an older or younger sibling, anyone does harm to them (emotionally or physically) and you'll be the first one on that guy's doorstep ready to kick that person to the curb and moreso. Kyousuke did, after all, say that it was Kirino's decision.

Just like it would be Kyousuke's decision to go out with Ruri.
Well, but what about the reason that Kirino set up the whole situation in the first place? Why did she say she was so vexed when she saw him flirting with other girls (including Kuroneko), and that she doesn't like it either? If it was really all about "respecting each other's decisions" (and making sure the other party is "worthy"), then the whole thing sort of doesn't make any sense, does it? Why wouldn't Kirino's choice be worthy (and Kyousuke clearly said that he wasn't)? Kyousuke clearly laid out that he was a good catch in every visible sense...
Old 2013-05-11, 16:57   Link #25
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, it's seriously infuriating. He's letting his little sister walk all over him. BE A MAN FFS! And here I thought he was getting better recently. He's still just as pathetic as he always was when it comes to Kirino.
I really didn't think he let her walk over him all that much this episode, at the party he didn't really put up with any of her shit. At the kitchen table I honestly felt like he deserved to get smacked, if that had actually been her boyfriend and he was acting like that I see no reason why he wouldn't get smacked.

Anyway, this episode was a small part funny (Ayase) and a whole lot drama (Kirino, Ruri, Saori). I liked it just because all the characters seem to finally be in motion and interacting with each other, at the start of the season each episode felt like a one character show.

I honestly wonder how he can answer Ruri, she asked him literally a day after the whole Kirino fake boyfriend thing happened so I feel like either answer is going to be a lose-lose in the long run for him.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:26   Link #26
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Not much to say about the actual content of this episode. Kirino is just as much of a brocon as Kyousuke is a siscon, that much has been explicitly confirmed I guess. My only hope is that now they put their "feelings" out in the open like that, that they won't suddenly backpedal their relationship again. They have pussyfooted enough here.

Now is it me or is the pacing kind of jacked in the latest episodes? It feels like suddenly a lot of events are transpiring one after the other, to the point that things feels a bit disjointed.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:31   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I really didn't think he let her walk over him all that much this episode, at the party he didn't really put up with any of her shit. At the kitchen table I honestly felt like he deserved to get smacked, if that had actually been her boyfriend and he was acting like that I see no reason why he wouldn't get smacked.
The very fact he got slapped and obeyed her when she told him to get out is a problem. He was at fault but it's not like he actually acknowledged that at the time. He should have thought back. And then there's the end of the episode where she throws a cake in his face and lashes out at him and all he does is defend himself like a little girl. I'm not saying he should have beat her up, but he could have at least grabbed her by the wrists and tell her to cut the bullshit. You know, like a proper older brother. My little sister never raised her hand against me because I never gave her the opportunity, and let me tell you she was quite a bitch when she was Kirino's age. He should have never ever let her treat him that way in the first place. He's lucky she's a brocon or she would have made his life hell.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:36   Link #28
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
If he was a "man" and just struck back at his little sister, all it does it drive the two farther apart. It might even send Kirino down a road nearing something like a delinquent's.

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:44   Link #29
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Is Kyousuke for real?!!!! Can anyone be this weak?!!!!!!!
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really fed up with all this crap ....
Partly because deep down he KNOWS that this is his fault. A guild complex drived him to do that.
Quote:
I agree that she's S, But He is not M!!! Why do think he's M?!!!!
Just wait for the next week and you will scream how much an M he is =))
Quote:
The very fact he got slapped and obeyed her when she told him to get out is a problem. He was at fault but it's not like he actually acknowledged that at the time. He should have thought back. And then there's the end of the episode where she throws a cake in his face and lashes out at him and all he does is defend himself like a little girl. I'm not saying he should have beat her up, but he could have at least grabbed her by the wrists and tell her to cut the bullshit. You know, like a proper older brother. My little sister never raised her hand against me because I never gave her the opportunity, and let me tell you she was quite a bitch when she was Kirino's age. He should have never ever let her treat him that way in the first place. He's lucky she's a brocon or she would have made his life hell.
You said it, he was at fault. He knews that he was throwing a tandrum, he knew that what he did is pathetic. So he get out to cool down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
If he was a "man" and just struck back at his little sister, all it does it drive the two farther apart. It might even send Kirino down a road nearing something like a delinquent's.

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.
It has been a while since i saw such sarcasm
Old 2013-05-11, 17:45   Link #30
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Oh God, this is getting rather annoying now. It's always Kyousukes fault in the end and Kirino is her usual bitchy self.

Honestly, Kirino is annoyed that Kyosuke is paying attention to other women, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend, and yet he's the one getting slapped and get's the blame. This anime sometimes, seriously, I don't care if in the end everything turned out for the best and that it as all just a plan, i'd rather have seen Kyousuke at least stand up for himself even a little instead of being made the bad guy here. He deserved some of what he got, yes, but all of it? No.

Yes yes maybe i'm being a little harsh or overreacting but seriously, this episode really made me annoyed that he keeps being made the bad guy.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:50   Link #31
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Yes yes maybe i'm being a little harsh or overreacting but seriously, this episode really made me annoyed that he keeps being made the bad guy.
I don't think you're overreacting. Kirino can be a serious stuck-up b*tch sometimes and it's a real detractor for her, and unfortunately this isn't the first anime where the lead female blamed and slapped around the MC for everything including what's not his fault. At least when Ayase high kicks Kyousuke, he asked for it in some way of joking sexual harassment.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:57   Link #32
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Oh God, this is getting rather annoying now. It's always Kyousukes fault in the end and Kirino is her usual bitchy self.

Honestly, Kirino is annoyed that Kyosuke is paying attention to other women, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend, and yet he's the one getting slapped and get's the blame. This anime sometimes, seriously, I don't care if in the end everything turned out for the best and that it as all just a plan, i'd rather have seen Kyousuke at least stand up for himself even a little instead of being made the bad guy here. He deserved some of what he got, yes, but all of it? No.

While you do have a point, I also have to point out that 'annoyed that someone is paying attention to other men, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend' is exactly what Kyousuke have done too And since he is man, getting slapped is within expectation
Old 2013-05-11, 18:03   Link #33
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:

First rule of romcom anime: The guy is always the one to be blamed.
A sad truth indeed.
Compare Kirino to the clingy, possessive girlfriend trying to stop her boyfriend from having other female relationships and voila Kirino and Kyousuke feel like a parody of that imo.
I only give them points because they feel so similar and its freaking hilarious to see that.
Old 2013-05-11, 18:07   Link #34
ion475
にこにこにー

Well well...

1. Kuroneko confession...already know that part, so not much comment
1a. Although, the LN version of the confession is a lot better anyway
2. Between Kyousuke being a siscon and Kirino being an obvious brocon, what can I say...clearly Kirino use Mikigami b/c she's pissed off at Kyousuke x Kuroneko
3. ラブリーマイエンジェルあやせたん...still hoping for an Ayase end (Just so I can take Kuroneko)
3a. On a side note, with Kyousuke getting more and more Kimoi by day, maybe Ayase should have just Nice Boat him this episode
4. Poor Saori, having to deal with Kuroneko and Kirino, not to mention having no chance of a Saori end...
5. Still laughing at all the complaint about Kirino being a b**** and how Kyousuke just let people slapped him around. Seriously, Kyousuke is a M, I don't even know why people keep complaining every single episode
Old 2013-05-11, 18:07   Link #35
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
While you do have a point, I also have to point out that 'annoyed that someone is paying attention to other men, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend' is exactly what Kyousuke have done too And since he is man, getting slapped is within expectation
To be fair though, he did that with no intention of provoking Kirino. He and Kuroneko have had something between them whilst Kirino was away and were slowly building it up. I'm sure he did not once think that Kirino would be upset that he was showing affection towards Kuroneko instead of her, afterall, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around

The party was technically ruined by Kirino, they were all ready then out of nowhere, boom, the fake boyfriend announcement. Kyousuke didn't do anything until Kuroneko had actually left.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2013-05-11 at 18:27.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:11   Link #36
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.

Anyhow, great episode. Drama drama drama... seems like the story is finally moving on. As always, AYASE for the win! I'd love to uhh... well, she's probably gonna be real wild in err... handcuffs and all that.

Ruri's climbing up my ladder fast. Taking over the 2nd spot from PLAIN GIRL-SAN. Ayase still numero uno.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:14   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
To be fair though, he did that with no intention of provoking Kirino. He and Kuroneko have had something between them whilst Kirino was away and were slowly building it up. I'm sure he did not once think that Kirino would be upset that he was showing affection towards Kuroneko instead of her, afterall, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around
Yeah, but I think this double-standard is sort of at issue...

Kyousuke is flirting with Kuroneko and Manami, and it's as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of Kirino's concern.

But suddenly Kirino insinuates that she has a boyfriend, and he's all up in her business, despite claiming it's her choice. Not to mention his horrible attitude towards the guy she ostensibly chose.

So it's like Kirino is supposed to consider Kyousuke's feelings, but he considers himself exempt from considering her feelings about who he spends his time with. Is it just because he's the older sibling and a boy, and she's the younger sibling and a girl?

The message that Kirino was sending at the end was that she feels the same way as Kyousuke does, and that is the point that Kyousuke totally wasn't understanding until the end. So in the end, I sort of do think he was at least partly responsible for the fight, even though the methods Kirino chose to make her point caused problems.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:35   Link #38
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.

Anyhow, great episode. Drama drama drama... seems like the story is finally moving on. As always, AYASE for the win! I'd love to uhh... well, she's probably gonna be real wild in err... handcuffs and all that.

Ruri's climbing up my ladder fast. Taking over the 2nd spot from PLAIN GIRL-SAN. Ayase still numero uno.
Aaaaaaaaaaannd, you have my respect.
Old 2013-05-11, 21:39   Link #39
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post

Well, I can take it like a "man", grab her wrists and then slap her back. When it comes to sisters like that, they need to show respect at times, but violence can be so enjoyable...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:06   Link #40
takai
Easy Muffin

I have a strange feeling that things are going to get dicey from here on. I'm starting to get more and more nervous each episode, because it's coming to the point where I start to not know what's going to happen.
Closed Thread