Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 10:59   Link #41
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I want Sheryl, Alto and Ranka to appear in the new series! Please be a sequel. Hopefully explain the Megaroad-01's disappearance.
I rather Megaroad be left as is. Some things are better left unknown.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:03   Link #42
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Ladies, Gentlemen, Fellow Macross Lifers:

Today is a GLORIOUS day. Our future will soon be filled with music, love triangles, and transforming mecha. It will be wonderous.

But be watchful. The Kawamori is known as the tricker, the troll. Who can know the creative mind of a mad god? Make no mistake. He is here to PLAY on his terms.

Fear not! As long as you remember love, and hold fast to culture your prayers may be answered.

Glory to the Northern Cross!

-SquareSphere
Macross Lifer with M7 cluster
Seasoned veteran of Sheryl/Ranka war of '08

----
So seriously hyped it's not even funny.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:12   Link #43
tsunade666

New series? I'm all hyped for it!!! it also means I will be having a new set of macross albums. Always love the music on this series.
Old 2014-03-27, 11:13   Link #44
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

On macross tie in.

Kawamori has said what we see in Macross series and movies can be seen as movies and tv series produced about a historical event.

It's why a lot of times the macross movies only are quasi like the series. Think of it as the difference between a documentary about WW2 and Hollywood mini series like Band of Brothers or Inglorious Bastards. (for a more recent example, the ending of the Macross F movies is VERY different than the series).

Also mori loves mystery so he never goes out of the way to explain what happens to characters post endings. The only exception has been Max, Milia and their daughters.
Old 2014-03-27, 11:51   Link #45
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Also mori loves mystery so he never goes out of the way to explain what happens to characters post endings. The only exception has been Max, Milia and their daughters.
Only one of them unfortunately. They had at least seven biological children and 1 adapted daughter, but only Mylene seemed to have the spotlight. Their adapted daughter was featured in M3, but that was an iffy game

Their eldest daughter, Komilia Maria Jenius was a renowned Valkyrie pilot (who calls Britai uncle, much to the latter's chagrin), but we've not seen her beyond 2036. Would be nice to know something about her, being the first human-Zentradi offspring and all.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-03-27, 13:33   Link #46
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I'm hoping it'll be a kick ass heroine this time with her suitors being a boy band guy and rapper. Really wouldn't put it past Mori to do that!
Old 2014-03-27, 15:46   Link #47
magnuskn

Quote:
I'm hoping it'll be a kick ass heroine this time with her suitors being a boy band guy and rapper. Really wouldn't put it past Mori to do that!
Kick-ass heroine is my choice as well. Not so down on the other parts of your idea.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:15   Link #48
Tak

Kick ass, definitely. Boy rapper band? ... Sorry, Japanese and rapping... not my favorite mix, and wouldn't work for Macross. Not to mention I still have qualms about that whole triangle setup in Macross PLUS. It gave me goosebumps. The last thing we need is to turn Macross into an Otome game.

On the other hand, though my feeling towards Macross II is lukewarm at best, it did have a setup I quite like.

- Tak

Old 2014-03-27, 16:31   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a female MC for a change. It would give the franchise some fresh air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Kick ass, definitely. Boy rapper band? ... Sorry, Japanese and rapping... not my favorite mix, and wouldn't work for Macross. Not to mention I still have qualms about that whole triangle setup in Macross PLUS. It gave me goosebumps. The last thing we need is to turn Macross into an Otome game.
So it's okay if it's a guy and two girls but not the other way around? Talk about double standards.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-27 at 16:51.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 16:35   Link #50
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So it's okay if it's a guy and two girls
Didn't say this was OK, but then again, it would also depend on if you ever considered one of the girls a viable candidate in the first place. Nonetheless, I don't even like triangles in the first place. There is a reason why many fans' favorite character is Max.

Quote:
but not the other way around? Talk about double standards.
Guilty as charged. Many people have double standards. So?

I don't like it means I don't like it.

- Tak (Though a female Macross ace is long overdue, time to change that)

Old 2014-03-27, 17:18   Link #51
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Well....*wears helmet and buckles seatbelt* I'm ready to go down this path again. VFs, music, love triangles, here I come!
Old 2014-03-27, 20:21   Link #52
Darthtabby

I'm cool with either two girls and a guy or two guys and a girl as long as I like the characters and their story.

A truly badass female pilot would be nice. I'm actually a little concerned this new anime could be a bit too idol centric. I know a Macross series needs music and idols are the favored way to provide it, but there's been a lot of focus on idols in anime as a whole lately. If there's going to be an idol character(s) among the main cast I hope that she's a good character with a good story behind her.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:33   Link #53
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this is supremely relevant information.

good to see the gang back together 6 years later! i hope there's a fair amount of hopes and dreams in this one

anyways, i'm very interested in how they'll design the characters this time around. they're following up on one of the most iconic female leads for the past decade.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:39   Link #54
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
this is supremely relevant information.

good to see the gang back together 6 years later! i hope there's a fair amount of hopes and dreams in this one

anyways, i'm very interested in how they'll design the characters this time around. they're following up on one of the most iconic female leads for the past decade.
Not only that, they also have to deliver another god tier OP/ED/OST on top of that which will be really hard.

Still I'm really looking forward to this.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 08:37   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wonder if they'll use Yoko Kanno again for the 3rd time in the series... I mean heck it's just the safe option since she'll give you quality bgm as well as handle any vocal songs. Or someone like Yuki Kajiura who can do the same (composed a lot of anime op/eds as well as See-Saw/Kalafina), or maybe they'll just pull in a new composer and have someone else handle the vocal songs, like the Sawano and Ryo/Supercell situation for Guilty Crown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
We putting the band back together
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:16   Link #56
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The music I'm pretty letting Kawamori do whatever he wants. He usually uses the music as a platform about what he doesn't like about the "industry". Sheryl's and Ranka's musical careers is easily a commentary about manufactured idols but at it's core macross' music is about the musicians pure feelings that win the day.

SDFM - 80's pop - idol - female
M7 - power/folk rock - band, solo - male
M0 - native, traditional songs - solo - female
M+ - synth pop - AI idol - female
MF - modern pop - idol - female

I really hope they have a male singer this time. Just like there's been a lack of female lead, there's a shortage of male singers. With all the success that series like Kuroko no Basket has been getting, i think there's plenty of room or a male singer/idol as long as his character design is "pretty"
Old 2014-03-28, 10:32   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I really hope they have a male singer this time. Just like there's been a lack of female lead, there's a shortage of male singers. With all the success that series like Kuroko no Basket has been getting, i think there's plenty of room or a male singer/idol as long as his character design is "pretty"
Macross Uta no☆Prince-sama!

Also retain Miyukichi as the lead girl!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:52   Link #58
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No Westlo, NO!!

- Tak

Old 2014-03-28, 10:55   Link #59
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Spoilerizing just in case.

Spoiler for Robotech and SDF Macross:
thanks, so it's pretty much a robotech only thing.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a female MC for a change. It would give the franchise some fresh air.

So it's okay if it's a guy and two girls but not the other way around? Talk about double standards.
I think he is only against the rap.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 11:33   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Also retain Miyukichi as the lead girl!
Miyuki Sawashiro as the lead, and the main pilot, would be pretty awesome. Though I could settle for her being one end of the love triangle .