Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-14, 02:24   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I know quite a few non-anime fans that enjoyed this series and they'll be quite happy when I toss them a disk.

Actually I found the artwork interestingly closer to the original manga art.... and the animation and camera angles were .... zany? An incredible amount of character movement --- like they're saying "we had a budget!!! hahahahahaha!!!" (though the frame rate seemed a bit low).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-14 at 02:43.
Old 2009-02-14, 04:56   Link #62
ZODDGUTS

Character designs in this OVA are more closer to the manga then the previous adapations which I don't mind not really a big difference. Anyways fun episode liked the flying sequence almost DBZ-ish heh. The animation for the episode was pretty good.
Old 2009-02-15, 05:53   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It may be just that I missed the characters but I laughed out loud quite a lot.... particularly in "heaven and hell"
Old 2009-03-15, 18:47   Link #64
TsukikoChan

watched this ep today^^ i liked it. nice to see ichigo marshmellow still makes me giggle insanely at miu's antics. i cant imagine the stories without her, shes just an adorable ball of sugar! XD just want to cuddle matsuri *shes mine!*

i was a lil weirded out by the artstyle when i started the ep, i got used to it quickly tho and liked it :3 the animation quality was quite nice too, the air chase and the initial moments showed this massively (miu wouldnt stop moving in the opening section! its like "hahahha, still frames? we dont need still frames! animate everythiiiiiiiing!"

cant wait for the next episode, or even another manga of this series XD
Old 2009-03-22, 22:11   Link #65
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

anyone else noticed the pantsu shot? lol
Old 2009-03-24, 09:44   Link #66
TsukikoChan

cant say i did(or remember), but i wouldnt be surprised since the manga is full of them ><
Old 2009-04-07, 00:06   Link #67
aorta

Episode 2 was nice. Nothing really happens, but it was still cute.
Old 2009-04-07, 13:41   Link #68
Blaat

"Goddamn!" I really want to see more of Ana Coppola, custom black version.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:06   Link #69
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
"Goddamn!" I really want to see more of Ana Coppola, custom black version.

Ha Haa ha!! Ginger Ale?! That's hilarious, Ana-chan.

That part about "friendship" is quite funny.
Old 2009-04-07, 18:53   Link #70
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ahhhhh~~~

Another fantastic 20 some minutes from this series. Had that typical combination of great comedy (This one was an easily 3x pause for a rest at laughing too hard. ) and almost bittersweet tenderness. Even though Miu was joking like always I can emphasize abit with Nobu thinking about the fact that someday they'll lose the happiness they have now to the ever grinding wheels of time...

Meh I'll just hope the authors merciful and leaves them be just the way they are.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-04-10, 00:30   Link #71
NakedAngelX

Completely forgot episode 2 came out already~~

Great episode overall, some of the materials from manga vol 5 is in it. When Anna became the badass part was the funniest haha. Looking forward to Vol 6 of manga getting animated.

Encore! Encore! Encore!
Old 2009-04-10, 10:14   Link #72
TCman

Somehow, Miu's "Daijyoubu" (i.e. "are you all right?") is so funny. Miu has said this at least three times in thise episode.

Also, Ana-chan's "Goddamn" is hilarious; the way how Mamiko Noto says it is so funny.

I wish there's a new tv series of Ichigo Mashimaro, because 2 episodes of Ichigo Mashimaro Encore are just too few.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:33   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Somehow, Miu's "Daijyoubu" (i.e. "are you all right?") is so funny. Miu has said this at least three times in thise episode.

Also, Ana-chan's "Goddamn" is hilarious; the way how Mamiko Noto says it is so funny.

I wish there's a new tv series of Ichigo Mashimaro, because 2 episodes of Ichigo Mashimaro Encore are just too few.
Aye...I love the manga, but theirs just something about being able to hear this seiyuu cast breath life into all the characters I just can never get enough of.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-04-16, 22:14   Link #74
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just loved these two episodes, I watched the two in one go since I had forgotten that the first episode was due earlier this year I cannot believe how some series enjoyment was hampered with a change in art and animation when the core and essence that makes Ichigo Mashimaro is still there as strong as ever. Kudos, 100 of them.
Old 2009-04-18, 13:34   Link #75
Dop
Mmmm....

Just watched the second OVA - Miu being a comic genius with those crazy impressions, the L-word, and frightening Nobue with the thought of Matsuri and Ana growing up. Not to forget Ana Coppola -custom black edition. Brilliant.

Towards the end of the episode I thought it all got a bit wistful, or was that just me.

Must dig out the manga and give it a read again.
Old 2009-04-20, 14:20   Link #76
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Towards the end of the episode I thought it all got a bit wistful, or was that just me.

Must dig out the manga and give it a read again.
That is one of the main effects that this series had on me, for both the manga and the anime. It makes me feel nostalgic and wistful, like I'm yearning for a childhood that wasn't mine. Though there may be some validation in that feeling, because I was the oldest of four and was always hanging out with my younger siblings and their friends.

So it really is only two episodes. That's too bad. I hope the legacy will live on and produce more animation in the future. That said, this new style didn't bother me in the least. The old style bothered me more, in fact. They were a little too skinny at some points.

Is it just me, or did anyone notice that Nobue acted a lot more like she does in the manga during this OVA? The TV series not only made her older, but also downplayed what a delinquent she was, how much of a bum she could be, and how downright mean she could be also. She seemed a lot more like her gruffer and more immature manga-self than what the TV series had given us. Honestly I like it better this way. >.>
Old 2009-04-21, 14:12   Link #77
billborden

I'm glad they had the sea-side epiloge in the second episode. I've always loved Ichigo Mashimaro, but Miu sometimes goes so far as to border on the psychotic, which made the suspension of disbelief a bit difficult; I mean, why do they put up with this crazy girl. At the start of the sea-side bit, we finally see Miu and Chia in more normal, Friend/Buddy mode--even if only for a bit.
Old 2009-04-21, 15:16   Link #78
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, so it's only going to be these two episodes? Sad to see it end so quickly... this series has got a quality that I can't really express all that well with words. Kinda like those wistful and nostalgic feelings some of the other posters pointed out, I guess.

Oh, well... hope to see more, somewhere down the line.

Old 2009-04-21, 18:19   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
So it really is only two episodes. That's too bad. I hope the legacy will live on and produce more animation in the future. That said, this new style didn't bother me in the least. The old style bothered me more, in fact. They were a little too skinny at some points.

Is it just me, or did anyone notice that Nobue acted a lot more like she does in the manga during this OVA? The TV series not only made her older, but also downplayed what a delinquent she was, how much of a bum she could be, and how downright mean she could be also. She seemed a lot more like her gruffer and more immature manga-self than what the TV series had given us. Honestly I like it better this way. >.>
yeah, my take is that both the art *and* Nobue's behavior comes closer to the manga in these two OVAs. Its funny how much revolves around that room and that table (and that air conditioner)

Tags
comedy, seinen