Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 10:08   Link #3001
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Everything Nasu writes is long. If there were a prize for being able to take the most possible words to say something...
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 11:59   Link #3002
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Dear God these Bad Endings are loooooooong. I was actually finally relieved when Ilya killed me.
That's why I sometimes was unsure if I made the right choice or not. So much shit would hit the fan, and so the situation would get so bad, I thought for sure I chose the wrong one.
Old 2010-09-23, 13:11   Link #3003
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That doesn't sound nice. The only reason I knew that one was an actual Bad Ending is because I accidently stumbled across a hint not to ignore Tohsaka early on. To be honest the Bad Ending lasted so long I almost convinced there wasn't gonna be a Bad Ending until I checked a walkthrough to make sure.

Hmm...I'll still try and get through it without a walkthrough, but honestly I don't like my chances. I got this Bad Ending because I didn't meet Ilya. How the holy hell am I supposed to figure that from a dilemna about Tohsaka? Honestly sometimes it really does feel as if Shirou survives purely through dumb luck. What a change. Now I have to avoid the Bad Endings instead of doing them on purpose...

Last edited by Haak; 2010-09-23 at 13:54.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 14:04   Link #3004
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That doesn't sound nice. The only reason I knew that one was an actual Bad Ending is because I accidently stumbled across a hint not to ignore Tohsaka early on. To be honest the Bad Ending lasted so long I almost convinced there wasn't gonna be a Bad Ending until I checked a walkthrough to make sure.
Well, I learned that in Fate. Like when you first met Giglamesh. I thought for sure all hell was going to break loose, lol.

Quote:
Hmm...I'll still try and get through it without a walkthrough, but honestly I don't like my chances. I got this Bad Ending because I didn't meet Ilya. How the holy hell am I supposed to figure that from a dilemna about Tohsaka? Honestly sometimes it really does feel as if Shirou survives purely through dumb luck. What a change. Now I have to avoid the Bad Endings instead of doing them on purpose...
It's more fun without it, so don't use a flowchart or walkthrough. Just save at every single choice.
Old 2010-09-23, 14:59   Link #3005
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Yeah, there is a good amount of denseness with Saber and Shirou.
Isn't Shirou winding Rin up there? He knows that she doesn't want to say it, so he's teasing her by feigning ignorance....

Quote:
Well, some of the bad endings are verydelayed. The relationship-based ones (such as the Ilya one you stumbled across) are worst, because it's possible (in some cases) to fail those a good five days before you get the actual bad end.

Quote:
Hmm...I'll still try and get through it without a walkthrough, but honestly I don't like my chances.
Save at every choice and, if you're stuck, then check the walkthrough. Personally, I checked every choice after I'd made it, and if I got a relationship bad end (I think I missed them all...), then I would have seen where it branched off and gone back to correct it.

Quote:
I got this Bad Ending because I didn't meet Ilya. How the holy hell am I supposed to figure that from a dilemna about Tohsaka?
You're not, really. But, still, refusing to meet Rin wasn't the most sensible option....

Quote:
Honestly sometimes it really does feel as if Shirou survives purely through dumb luck.
So somewhat like real-life, then? No matter how good you are, you are always reliant on luck to a certain extent.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:08   Link #3006
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's more fun without it, so don't use a flowchart or walkthrough. Just save at every single choice.
That's mostly what I did during my first time playing through; granted, I managed to avoid a lot of the Bad Ends too because I was spoiled by the manga and the anime, and the rest of the time I just made a decision based off my gut instinct. I still find it ironic that I didn't start building up on Bad End counts until I started playing HF.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:16   Link #3007
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
You're not, really. But, still, refusing to meet Rin wasn't the most sensible option...
True. I just did that one on purpose. I hope the others won't be harder.

Quote:
So somewhat like real-life, then? No matter how good you are, you are always reliant on luck to a certain extent.
Yeah but this is a pretty blatant case.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:18   Link #3008
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
That's mostly what I did during my first time playing through; granted, I managed to avoid a lot of the Bad Ends too because I was spoiled by the manga and the anime, and the rest of the time I just made a decision based off my gut instinct. I still find it ironic that I didn't start building up on Bad End counts until I started playing HF.
Well, if you were spoilered by the manga and anime, then it's not really that surprising that you missed a lot of the Fate and UBW bad endings. Also, HF is the route where bad endings are, in general, the easiest to come by.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:27   Link #3009
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Random question time!

Spoiler for UBW Bad End:
Old 2010-09-23, 22:08   Link #3010
Cherry_Lover

Most likely you didn't have enough Rin points. That particular bad end functions as the Rin relationship check bad end, so if you have too few Rin points it won't give you the option of searching for Rin, presumably because Shirou doesn't care enough about her to bother, or something like that. It's a bit of a bastard, really, because there's no way in hell that you could work that out from looking at it.
Old 2010-09-23, 22:10   Link #3011
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Damn, how the hell did I manage that one? I thought I made all the same choices I did on my first time playing through... I wonder if I missed something while I was skipping through certain scenes.
Old 2010-09-24, 00:36   Link #3012
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
It's the same with all eroge novels; if you want to guarantee a good ending with a character, spend all possible moments with them. Contrary to popular belief, that does not work in real life.
Old 2010-09-24, 02:51   Link #3013
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It kind of ruins the story somewhat if it's based on such logic, imo. I can't help but wonder how much better it would've been if it were a Light Novel series instead.
Old 2010-09-24, 07:35   Link #3014
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
It's the same with all eroge novels; if you want to guarantee a good ending with a character, spend all possible moments with them. Contrary to popular belief, that does not work in real life.
Except in HF, there is a range you have to meet otherwise you get a Bad End. But that's part of the fun!
Old 2010-09-24, 09:13   Link #3015
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I think it's not so much "spend all possible moments with them" as it is "be nice to them". Although, remember that Shirou's relationship with the girls (well, Rin and Saber, anyway) is starting from virtually nothing, so spending time with them is the only way that he can get to know them.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:19   Link #3016
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I think it's not so much "spend all possible moments with them" as it is "be nice to them". Although, remember that Shirou's relationship with the girls (well, Rin and Saber, anyway) is starting from virtually nothing, so spending time with them is the only way that he can get to know them.
I think it's supposed to be a mix of both, honestly. Shirou has to both spend time with the girls to get the relationship started, and then be nice to them to keep it going so that nothing bad happens while playing. Or, well, at least it works that way for Rin and Saber; with Sakura I found it was less a case of "spending time with her" and more of "being nice to her" to keep her from killing me.
Old 2010-09-25, 11:48   Link #3017
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ugh. My Live Blog of Heaven's Feel as got a bit long and I've failed to come up with enough jokes about it so to avoid making it tl:dr, I'll just post my opinion of it so far. I just finished the Eleventh day.

Spoiler for space:

It’s okay so far. Unlike the other routes I don’t really have much to complain but to be honest nothing has actually genuinely caught my interest like it did in UBW (which might explain my inability to make jokes). For some reason I just don’t feel that much sympathy for Sakura. I’m not entirely sure why. Maybe it’s because they keep pounding us over the head of just how messed up she is constantly, but I’m just stabbing in the dark here. It’s just not clicked with me yet. Hopefully it will as I go along but so far I’d rate it as 7/10.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-09-25 at 13:36.
Old 2010-09-25, 11:53   Link #3018
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
It kind of ruins the story somewhat if it's based on such logic, imo. I can't help but wonder how much better it would've been if it were a Light Novel series instead.
Not much of a difference imo. Fate/zero had a different feel to it thanks to a different author writing the narrative. If F/SN were light novel, there is rather too much things to deal with, and it wouldn't accurately gauge Shirou's growth or show the many paths that could be taken. Also, using the three routes as separate mini-series wouldn't feel right to me.

Quote:
For some reason I just don’t feel that much sympathy for Sakura. I’m not entirely sure why. Maybe it’s because they keep pounding us over the head of just how messed up she is constantly, but I’m just stabbing in the dark here. It’s just not clicked with me yet. Hopefully it will as I go along but so far I’d rate it as 7/10.
Different strokes for different folks really. I felt the same way a lot of the time about Saber and Rin and them being so committed to duty.

Last edited by Altima of the Gates; 2010-09-25 at 16:06.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:24   Link #3019
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
...and then Shirou randomly imagines having sex with Tohsaka. Well...that was... er...something.
Did you take a look at the eyes? That was Rider doing it with him. He thought it was a dream, but it wasn't.

I was raging so much by the 11th day.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:07   Link #3020
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Did you take a look at the eyes? That was Rider doing it with him. He thought it was a dream, but it wasn't.
I do wonder why Rider took Rin's form, though. Did Sakura (or Shinji) know that Shirou kind of sort of had a small crush on Rin in all three routes? Or did Rider just choose the most desirable girl in Shirou's school by chance?

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel