AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-20, 12:08   Link #1101
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On the ice spell, I'd say it was the safeguard. Hayate did say that the spell was designed to shatter after it hit, so when Hayate lost control the safety kicked in and destroyed the spell to prevent collateral damage.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 12:14   Link #1102
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On the ice spell, I'd say it was the safeguard. Hayate did say that the spell was designed to shatter after it hit, so when Hayate lost control the safety kicked in and destroyed the spell to prevent collateral damage.
Yup, that's what i think happened.

And just to add salt to the injuries. Curren's sword breaks because of the effot of destroying the Strike Cannons, not because of Vita. Poor Yagamis can't catch a break xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 12:52   Link #1103
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Though interesting to see that Hayate's been stealing from her friends' move sets, what with her use of Blaster Mode and Phalanx Shift.
Well, she probably recalled most of Nanoha and Fate's basic spells from the Book of Darkness/Reinforce, who absorbed their Linker Cores... Plus, it's Hayate's Rare Skill to be able to copy others' spells, so I am not really surprised.

Quote:
No, they've always been complaining about killing needlessly this whole time.
Did they? I thought most of them have accepted it as a necessity in their condition and don't really give a damn about killing people.
Old 2011-03-20, 12:58   Link #1104
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Did they? I thought most of them have accepted it as a necessity in their condition and don't really give a damn about killing people.
As far as i know, they indeed accept their condition but some still complained about needing to do "inecessary slaughter", Veyron did it after killing the nuns. Probably because their prefer to select the victims and is a inconvinience to kill people "out of plan". Stella, tough didn't show any problems with threathen Section Six to death xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 13:56   Link #1105
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
And besides, they're mercs. It would be bad for them if all of a sudden, they really had to kill someone and the only guy around was their client.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 15:32   Link #1106
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
And besides, they're mercs. It would be bad for them if all of a sudden, they really had to kill someone and the only guy around was their client.
They are mercs? Which chapter was it mentioned in?
Old 2011-03-20, 16:01   Link #1107
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Yeah, and remember that they always just wanted to shake off the Bureau rather than wipe them out.

They certainly don't mind killing when they need to do it, but they still avoid it when possible.

Quote:
They are mercs? Which chapter was it mentioned in?
Fortis talked about how they do jobs and go after bounties.
Old 2011-03-20, 16:28   Link #1108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The main problem is that their vision of what qualifies as 'whenever possible' is a bit vague to us readers at the moment.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:04   Link #1109
wb121

I was like "AMG Hayate's so bad ass."

then...

Hayate got shafted again. ; ;
wb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:24   Link #1110
Justin_Brett

>Deville wants to resolve this situation without unnecessary fighting

>tried to decapitate a bystander over far less than the TSAB mages have done so far

Tsuzuki, there's a thing called consistency.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:40   Link #1111
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Disabling an opponent in 1 hit instead of 20 eliminates 19 unnecessary bits of fighting.
Old 2011-03-20, 17:55   Link #1112
Justin_Brett

But you can't have a character who specializes in sneak attacks try negotiation afterward. It doesn't make any sense.
Old 2011-03-20, 18:09   Link #1113
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Oh I think I know what this is, it's a standard move in shounen story. Specifically, the "insert worthy opponent/not so different speech here" move to ease up the inevitable befriending.

Not that I like it. The nuns are still dead and there's still no justification for that. I'm smelling an impending protagonist centered morality ending

I'm glad they didn't pull out a "we must work together" plot...yet
Old 2011-03-20, 18:12   Link #1114
Justin_Brett

I kinda laughed at Stella acting like she was worried about the collateral damage Heimdall might cause. Not buying it, missy.

Karen also just made the list of people who need a punch in the face like, right now. And it's going to take even longer than Cypha's, in all likelihood.
Old 2011-03-20, 18:36   Link #1115
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
But you can't have a character who specializes in sneak attacks try negotiation afterward. It doesn't make any sense.
Sure you can. Sneak attacks only work when you have the element of surprise. When Deville faced off with Fate, Fate already knew to expect it so it wouldn't work on her. Since a fight against her would be long he asked her to surrender because that would be the next best way to eliminate any fighting. Clearly it didn't work so Deville reacted to finish things quickly.
Old 2011-03-20, 19:13   Link #1116
Justin_Brett

Oh, so he's stupid then?

"I, the man who just attempted to decapitate your friend, CLEARLY have the best intentions at heart!"
Old 2011-03-20, 19:16   Link #1117
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

The first thing we ever see Vita do is kill a bunch of Bureau mages. At least, I assumed they died. Having your linker core completely consumed can't possibly just be something you can walk away from. There's no question that the Wolkenritter are killers, at very least. The Numbers are the same.

Frankly, I don't see the Hucks as being any worse than the previous villains. It's not easy to pity any of them. . . Which is what makes Nanoha and her friends special. They can see good in anyone. For most of them, it was a hard-learned lesson. It's a high ideal to aspire to. . . but they're just badass enough to back it up, and to never have to resolve things the easy way.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 19:23   Link #1118
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Oh, so he's stupid then?

"I, the man who just attempted to decapitate your friend, CLEARLY have the best intentions at heart!"
Pretty sure it was more "You should give up because you can't beat me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
The first thing we ever see Vita do is kill a bunch of Bureau mages. At least, I assumed they died. Having your linker core completely consumed can't possibly just be something you can walk away from. There's no question that the Wolkenritter are killers, at very least. The Numbers are the same.

Frankly, I don't see the Hucks as being any worse than the previous villains. It's not easy to pity any of them. . . Which is what makes Nanoha and her friends special. They can see good in anyone, most of them having learned this firsthand. It's a high ideal to aspire to. . . but they're just badass enough to back it up, and to never have to resolve things the easy way.
No, the Wolkenritter didn't kill anyone during that particular incarnation. They didn't completely drain cores and all the mages they attacked recovered like Nanoha and Fate did.

The Cyborgs didn't kill anyone either (save Due and Cinque). They were ordered not to take lives to Jail could show off how effective they were.
Old 2011-03-20, 19:27   Link #1119
Justin_Brett

A fact he was incorrect about, apparently. Hope he has another form.
Old 2011-03-20, 19:36   Link #1120
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Eh, you can't say that since he retreated. Anyways, them giving fair warning is no different from Fate and the others giving their usual "surrender and you'll be treated fairly" bit.

Tags
manga, nanoha force