AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-21, 22:02   Link #1661
OkamiNoKaze

I think they probably used Bang Zoom for the new dub. I could see Stephanie Sheh as Sailor Moon, Christina Vee as Mars, Bridgette Hoffman or Michelle Ruff as Mercury, Kari Wahlgren as Jupiter, Crispin Freeman as one of the generals. Wendee Lee as Queen Beryl and/or Pluto, and probably Johnny Yong Bosch, somewhere, probably Tuxedo Mask.

As for the remake, I wonder why it was decided Ami didn't need the shoulder bits on her uniform?
Old 2014-05-21, 22:24   Link #1662
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
As for the remake, I wonder why it was decided Ami didn't need the shoulder bits on her uniform?
In the manga Mercury did not have shoulder pads (donno why Naoko Takeuchi made that design choice though) and it looks like Sailor Moon Crystal will more closely adhere to the manga.
Old 2014-05-22, 06:59   Link #1663
minaku
Princess of Hades

Does anyone have some information, regarding an approaching major anime event? I am sure that many of us are curious to see a PV or Trailer for the upcoming Sailor Moon Crystal and it's certain that Toei won't present it without a suitable occasion. On the official site for the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon there are thrilling news - the Sailor Moon Crystal anime to have a preceding premiere on 30 june ( Usagi's birthday) on a party, organized by josei fashion magazine " Vivi" and there will be a special guest - no men allowed (О_О) . I am sure that the new anime's target won't be kids now and girls be ready for some Sailor Moon haute couture! :P The elongated design finally make sense, and they've started to grow on me, especially when i see something like this :
Spoiler:

Last edited by minaku; 2014-05-23 at 00:38.
Old 2014-05-24, 16:01   Link #1664
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
........well, damn, that IS about as close as you can get!

Though....I wonder why they didn't go with the "anime-style" artwork Naoko released in the final artbook.

Anyone remember that?
Old 2014-05-24, 16:53   Link #1665
Miraluka
Banned

^
No, sadly

The first style striked me the most.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:02   Link #1666
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Hmmmyeah, I remember vivi had a sailor moon gift packaged with it like.. Two issues or so ago?!
It wasn't anything special though, just a pouch with a "normal" picture on it. Interesting.

@Chiibi no, I don't! I don't think I've ever seen it. What was it like?
Old 2014-05-24, 20:49   Link #1667
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Hmmmyeah, I remember vivi had a sailor moon gift packaged with it like.. Two issues or so ago?!
It wasn't anything special though, just a pouch with a "normal" picture on it. Interesting.

@Chiibi no, I don't! I don't think I've ever seen it. What was it like?
Well, I have seen the "anime-style" of Naoko Takeuchi, but I did not like (these drawings don't look attractive for me). In fact, I don't like the drawing style of Naoko Takeuchi (except some drawings), so maybe that influences my opinion.

These drawings are on this page (there are three and are in the last row): http://soul-hunter.com/sailormoon/ga...als/index5.php

Last edited by Konja9; 2014-05-24 at 21:34.
Old 2014-05-24, 21:55   Link #1668
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Along with the Niconico service, Crunchyroll will also be streaming Sailor Moon Crystal, starting on July 5th at 6:00am PT.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...crystal/.74884
Old 2014-05-24, 22:49   Link #1669
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
Along with the Niconico service, Crunchyroll will also be streaming Sailor Moon Crystal, starting on July 5th at 6:00am PT.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...crystal/.74884
YAHTZEE!

Even better. I admit, I was struggling a bit with the Niconico service for some reason. Couldn't figure out how I'd watch the series. Crunchyroll solves that problem right quick.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2014-05-24, 23:46   Link #1670
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
........well, damn, that IS about as close as you can get!

Though....I wonder why they didn't go with the "anime-style" artwork Naoko released in the final artbook.

Anyone remember that?
I hope this is a joke Anyway, Toei sure take their time on this. Most anime series scheduled for July have at least one PV and several posters. It's not fair, they are sadistic...

Last edited by minaku; 2014-05-25 at 07:06.
Old 2014-05-25, 03:17   Link #1671
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Thanks Konja9
Those are.. Hm.. Interesting. Could have worked at the time, I think.
Old 2014-05-25, 22:48   Link #1672
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
Does anyone have some information, regarding an approaching major anime event? I am sure that many of us are curious to see a PV or Trailer for the upcoming Sailor Moon Crystal and it's certain that Toei won't present it without a suitable occasion. On the official site for the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon there are thrilling news - the Sailor Moon Crystal anime to have a preceding premiere on 30 june ( Usagi's birthday) on a party, organized by josei fashion magazine " Vivi" and there will be a special guest - no men allowed (О_О) . I am sure that the new anime's target won't be kids now and girls be ready for some Sailor Moon haute couture! :P The elongated design finally make sense, and they've started to grow on me, especially when i see something like this :
Spoiler:
I was a bit....taken back by the "No men allowed" Sailor moon event, though they will allow men if they are accompanied by a woman. Still, why the restrictions of men? I get the feeling they may be a bit embarrassed by the male fans.

By the way Minaku, where did you get that picture? I didn't see it anywhere on the official web site (unless I missed it somehow).
Old 2014-05-25, 22:55   Link #1673
minaku
Princess of Hades

How to delete a message?

Last edited by minaku; 2014-05-25 at 23:06.
Old 2014-05-25, 22:56   Link #1674
Miraluka
Banned

^
^
It's from Usagi's character design. Look pages back.
Old 2014-05-25, 23:01   Link #1675
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I was a bit....taken back by the "No men allowed" Sailor moon event, though they will allow men if they are accompanied by a woman. Still, why the restrictions of men? I get the feeling they may be a bit embarrassed by the male fans.

By the way Minaku, where did you get that picture? I didn't see it anywhere on the official web site (unless I missed it somehow).
It's the close-up of Usagi, which is in the bottom of the chara set in the official site.
http://sailormoon-official.com/anima...cters/moon.php
As for the "no men allowed" thing... In order to prevent something like this, I guess.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-event/.74888
At the event there will be plenty of models. "special guests" and many young girls, voice actresses etc, it's a security measure against creepy otaku.
Old 2014-05-25, 23:44   Link #1676
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I personally think the new anime character designs are a good improvement over the original anime design. The Sailor Soldiers look much prettier but they all do look a bit more mature than their original anime counterpart, I think. The new design better resembles the manga characters.

Now I wonder if Crystals will also follow the manga's plotline more closely.

...and why haven't we seen Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask yet?!

(...I seriously hope the new anime will have another season or two to finish the entire manga storyline...because I so want to see what the Outer Soldiers will look like with the new character design...and Sailor Cosmos (can't reiterate that wish enough!).

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2014-05-26, 00:08   Link #1677
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
It's the close-up of Usagi, which is in the bottom of the chara set in the official site.
http://sailormoon-official.com/anima...cters/moon.php
As for the "no men allowed" thing... In order to prevent something like this, I guess.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-event/.74888
At the event there will be plenty of models. "special guests" and many young girls, voice actresses etc, it's a security measure against creepy otaku.
.......A crazed Otaku attacked a group of idol singers with a handsaw?! Jesus H! I know the Japanese are on-violent (for the most part, there are a few exceptions like the crazed Otaku with the handsaw who tried to attack those girls) but they should have shot the bastard. Preferably with the Glock 18 with 33 round clip.

Has this been a big problem in Japan lately? If so then maybe I can understand the ban on lone men attending.
Old 2014-05-26, 01:51   Link #1678
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
.......A crazed Otaku attacked a group of idol singers with a handsaw?! Jesus H! I know the Japanese are on-violent (for the most part, there are a few exceptions like the crazed Otaku with the handsaw who tried to attack those girls) but they should have shot the bastard. Preferably with the Glock 18 with 33 round clip.

Has this been a big problem in Japan lately? If so then maybe I can understand the ban on lone men attending.
Yes, it's a common problem nowadays. There were some menacing messages regarding Kuroko Basket during some events, some crazy otaku on handshaking event stained a singer's hand with white... you can figure it out. With so many women on the ViVi Event it can be a big problem.
Old 2014-05-26, 02:25   Link #1679
T-6000

Yeah, I heard about the "Surprise Handshake", the poor girls. That tasteless buffoon should have his fingers busted IMHO. After doing some reading around it seems unfortunately common in Japan that some "problematic" Fans will show up and cause problems nowadays. Hell it seems almost unexpected, and it's unfortunate also that many of them seem to be men. I guess I can understand why they gave a restriction to lone men to show up. Hell, if any sick man tries to give a "Foul Handshake" to Naoko, I swear I'll sacrifice them to Molag Bal.
Old 2014-05-26, 13:38   Link #1680
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I personally think the new anime character designs are a good improvement over the original anime design. The Sailor Soldiers look much prettier but they all do look a bit more mature than their original anime counterpart, I think. The new design better resembles the manga characters.

Now I wonder if Crystals will also follow the manga's plotline more closely.

...and why haven't we seen Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask yet?!

(...I seriously hope the new anime will have another season or two to finish the entire manga storyline...because I so want to see what the Outer Soldiers will look like with the new character design...and Sailor Cosmos (can't reiterate that wish enough!).
Well, I think some years left to see the Outers, because I think a season of Crystal going to adapt an arc of manga. I think this because when it was announced that Crystal would have 26 episodes (the first season), also appeared the synopsis of the Dark Kingdom arc.

We do not yet know how the movie will be faithful to the book. I guess Crystal will be closer to manga than was the original anime, but I don't think the new anime will be identical to the manga.

Last edited by Konja9; 2014-05-26 at 13:49.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo