AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 00:21   Link #41
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Instant freezing

But it's hard to directly apply cold to living things, since the "awareness" interrupts the movement of spirits.

So he compressed cold air within a crystal and use it like grenade if he wants to freeze enemies. Normally it's physical attack by shooting ice shards or the likes.

The strongest grenade is filled with liquid helium or something
Right, Sasuke?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 01:04   Link #42
sasuke706

He hasn't actually used it for combat, although he did develop it to beat A-rank adventurers in the first place. Whether or not it actually can is unknown, though.
But it unleashes an intense enough cold to even him make him cold without getting directly hit by it, and he has pretty damn good cold resistance thanks to his magic.
He's used it on what, a jail cell wall and a ceiling to capture a spy above it? Needs more testing.

But it hasn't actually gave specific temperatures, but his ice can be as hard as iron or steel, I think? That's pretty cold and condensed ice.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 02:54   Link #43
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The one with liquid in it, when exploded, it destroyed some of his Reactive Armor at once (reminiscent). I wanna see it being used on enemies~

Yup, even his normal ice-make is as strong as iron. And since that ice pillar/hammer is still sitting just fine in that canyon even after almost 2 months, the density must be terrifying.

In several chapters "nyan-nyan" will happen. Most likely with Faima, but maybe with Cisca? lol~
Need some pettan here man~
Old 2016-04-07, 03:07   Link #44
sasuke706

Pretty sure the author said at some point that Cisca isn't going to be a heroine.
He also said there was only going to be like 3-4 heroines though, didn't he? So there might not even be any new ones.
Seeing as he denied the yandere pettan woman too.

And the ice in the canyon is because his ice doesn't melt. This is also because he's mentally maintaining it, since he forgot to cancel it. So he hasn't been at his full potential in a long time due to an oversight.
It was mentioned again after the A rank thing, since the ice in the room wouldn't go away even when he was passed out, so they had to remind him to dismiss it.
Old 2016-04-07, 03:17   Link #45
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^4-5 he said
Too bad, I like that yandere

Also it seems there's a misunderstanding about his power here
Those ice will melt by itself (like normal ice)(it's ice "magic" that will immediately disappear when the magic supply is cut), but usually he ordered the spirits to destroy it because if the constructs were destroyed, he will receive mental damage feedback from it.
It's not eating his max mp (mental power lol) or anything, but as said above, if anyone beside him destroy it, mental damage.
So his psyche only being used during the creation of a construct.
Old 2016-04-07, 03:40   Link #46
sasuke706

Spoiler for Magic discussion:
Old 2016-04-07, 04:10   Link #47
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Yay! Discussion! I like discussion!

^Yup, those are right. Only the liquid bomb needs to be continously maintained (seems the liquid is still not in stable state). The normal bombs are not, is why he's stocking them up whenever possible.

And his ice is far more durable than normal ice so even if no longer maintained took a long time to melt.

And here's some details and differences on magic arts and spirit arts :

Magic Arts : Create "temporary phenomenon" to affect the world (Mental>Magic Power>Magic Formula>Phenomenon)
Means can generate ice or fire, but when the magic supply is cut, the "phenomenon" immediately disappears. But the things already affected by it is not. Like if your house is burning because of fire magic, when it's cancelled the original fire disappears, but your house is still burning from the resulting normal fire.

Spirit Arts : Create "real phenomenon" (Mental>Phenomenon)
The resulting phenomenon is real. Not requiring magic power as cushion, so directly linked to the user's psyche. Since real phenomenon, won't disappear after creation.

The directly linked thing brings the concept of Juso Kaeshi or Returning Curse, a concept deep-rooted in Japanese Culture. You can curse someone with little or no effort, but when the curse is broken it will return to the caster and can even forfeit his life.

Ice Spirit Arts is special since it needs to be constructed to cause physical damage. But the concept of Returning Curse is applied to it (Kanna Quality man...). The greater mass and complexity to it will result in greater feedback when broken.

Now, the ice he no longer maintained CAN still be disintegrated by him, because it's ice and he controls the spirit of ice

Old 2016-04-08, 13:36   Link #48
wuhugm
Confused Shark

aaaand, Sasuke is gone..... The discussion T_T

ffffu...... gonna hit the sack

a, btw, anyone knows other WN like this that the MC not bringing his harem everywhere because they have no life of their own? Must have snusnu
Old 2016-04-08, 13:43   Link #49
sasuke706

Nah, I just typically don't respond when all I have to say is "neat" or "Oh, I see". I like to make constructive posts, y'know?
I just don't have anything to particularly question, add on to, or negate in your explanation.
Well, I suppose I could mention that Kanna can supposedly get more element types to cast if he touches the 'reason/truth' like he did with the ice elemental lady, though the odds of Kanna going and actually doing that seem pretty damn slim, with the no motivation and all. Not to mention he'd have to find other elemental/evil gods or whoever first and I'm pretty sure he's not going to find them roaming around inside the town.

You might like 槍使いと、黒猫。 that I mentioned in the Narou thread.
The MC is pretty smooth with women but not a total sex fiend, it's actually a really amazing balance he has going on. You know, a somewhat realistic balance.
Hell, I'm not even sure who's a confirmed harem member aside from one girl who's doing things on her own. Although she eyes of a stalker (literally) and can find him when she wants to.
Plus it has a cute cat.
Old 2016-04-08, 21:20   Link #50
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Ooo... Respect Sasuke

Ukay, gunna read that. Nearly 500k words in less than 1 month. Doumodoumo~
Old 2016-04-09, 12:58   Link #51
sasuke706

Oh wow. Red and him really are going to do it next time. Author even did his research on what's allowed and what isn't.
Or at least if they don't go all the way, it's going to be lewd as hell.
They're seriously politically walking on thin ice in the whole situation no matter what they do.
Since Kanna's kind of a guest knight guard and if it leaks he did it with the state guest aka his protection target, that in itself will cause problems.
Particularly for the elf since she's vouching for him.

Hopefully they remember to take the playboy out of the room too.
Old 2016-04-10, 04:11   Link #52
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Playboy heh, more like rapist

Yup, Faima gonna lost xxx. I can't wait!

I hope Kanna takes responsibility this time~

Edit : Woy, Sasuke~ I started reading that Kuroneko. Now he does spear and magic training with Achilles after being trapped so long in underground world. It's great but way too fucking detailed! Which chapter 1st snusnu happens man?

Last edited by wuhugm; 2016-04-10 at 04:24.
Old 2016-04-10, 09:12   Link #53
sasuke706

Spoiler for Off topic pls no hurt:
Old 2016-04-10, 09:25   Link #54
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yea, I like it too but fuck it's way too freaking detailed. That training phase could be skipped like Kanna did with the Majin training. Well, imma continue reading~

I can't wait for Kanna's nyanyan chapter, curious for the consequences.
Since
Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-10, 09:53   Link #55
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I can't wait for Kanna's nyanyan chapter, curious for the consequences.
Since
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-04-10 at 10:06.
Old 2016-04-10, 10:10   Link #56
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for superspoiler:
Old 2016-04-10, 10:21   Link #57
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Spoiler for superspoiler:
Spoiler for :

Spoiler fight heh.
Old 2016-04-10, 10:35   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
Spoiler for spoilerfight:

And there's the kyonyuu in Yuusha party that seemingly has feeling for Kanna. Misaki was it?
Old 2016-04-10, 10:47   Link #59
sasuke706

Spoiler for :
Old 2016-04-10, 11:02   Link #60
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Gahaha~

Well, let's just wait for new chapter for clarification. For Faima, her nyannyan is next so many things about her would probably be revealed

Misaki is kyonyuu, the karate one, fighting by utilizing explosion to accelerate her self and her attacks.
Ayana is the loli itemcrafter. Being a kabehinyuu already excludes her from the heroine candidates lol~.
The hetare yuusha lol, but not one to be detested. Male characters here are quite fun~

I miss Cleo the mongrelpet dogbest girl

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, heroes summoning, ice manipulation, princess heroines