AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 10:30   Link #22741
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I know exactly what's going on this picture. Take a look at her eyebrows she has that expression where she's pretty much saying are you serious gonna try taking me on?

And kurumu is lik "uuuh hehe just messin around."
Old 2012-06-11, 12:04   Link #22742
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Well, it's either that or Ura just asked her to help with baking a cake...
Old 2012-06-12, 05:13   Link #22743
Chris38

You know, I'm starting to wonder about what will Miyabi do (along with Kiria - who I'm starting to believe is a double agent, working both for Gyokuro and Miyabi, because, well that would make things be pretty interesting - and Hokuto, who is probably on their side as well, after all he has a pretty justified reason for hating the human world, and might still want to destroy it) after the situation with Akua and Alucard is going to be resolved, and it seems that Moka has been "saved" as well.

After all. I doubt they don't have any ulterior motives in letting Tsukune and CO infiltrate Fairy Tale's HQ, which are most likely going to be revealed in the next few chapters, and while I don't think that they plan to kidnap Moka again, considering the fact that she hadn't had a lot of screen time recently, and I doubt that the fans could withstand it, if another "Rescue Moka" started immediately after the current one has ended.

In other words I doubt that things are going to be concluded as soon as Alucard is resealed (defeated), and Akua is defeated, since I think that Miyabi, Hokuto and Kiria are going to take that moment as an opportunity to reveal their true goal, which is definitely going to be something bad, and is most likely going to set, the events for the next arc after the current on.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 07:33   Link #22744
Muu094

^ So escentially the series will go the Negima route and become straight action? I guess that would be cool and would answer a lot of unresolved questions about their motives and could possibly lead to the identity of this masked king guy.

Though I doubt Moka could be kidnapped as easily as she was this time considering that the full force of Fairy Tale wouldn't be as easily available and Tsukune couldn't really be threatened by him at this time.

I also doubt things will end simply with Alucard's defeat.
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 07:46   Link #22745
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muu094 View Post
^ So escentially the series will go the Negima route and become straight action? I guess that would be cool and would answer a lot of unresolved questions about their motives and could possibly lead to the identity of this masked king guy.

Though I doubt Moka could be kidnapped as easily as she was this time considering that the full force of Fairy Tale wouldn't be as easily available and Tsukune couldn't really be threatened by him at this time.

I also doubt things will end simply with Alucard's defeat.
I didn't say that there can't be any breather chapters, before they start trying to prevent Hokuto's, Kiria's and Miyabi's plans.

After all, there are still a lot of built up and unresolved plot points from the current arc, that can't be resolved in the current hostile setting, so I believe that whatever Hokuto's, Kiria's and Miyabi's "true" objective is, it's still going to take some time, before they will be capable of achieving it, so Tsukune and the rest of the CO, are going to use that time to relax, from the tension the current arc has brought. (Providing us with a few "breather" chapters, before things start getting serious again).

It's just that whatever objective they have, the infiltration and potential destruction of the Floating Garden is definitely going to be something that will allow them to move closer to archiving their true objective.
Old 2012-06-13, 18:40   Link #22746
GrimJack

Quote:
01 - Bleach #55 (521,626)
02 - Bakuman #19 (332,706)
03 - Katekyō Hitman Reborn #39 (226,893)
04 - Beelzebub #16 (152,893)
05 - Claymore #22 (144,521)
06 - Initial D #45 (117,392)
07 - Kiss Yori mo Hayaku #11 (90,820)
08 - Kinnikuman #39 (79,281)
09 - Kuroshitsuji #14 (72,104-485,622)
10 - Rosario to Vampire - Season II #11 (56,771)
to my memory that is the highest a volume of R + V season II has been in awhile (though I stand to be corrected) in the oricon rankings

in any case congrats to Ikeda-sensei
Old 2012-06-13, 21:13   Link #22747
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
to my memory that is the highest a volume of R + V season II has been in awhile (though I stand to be corrected) in the oricon rankings

in any case congrats to Ikeda-sensei
It's the same as always, the important information on this rank is how much the manga sells and not where it is in the rank. Next week rank it will sum about 70-80k what is a big problem in my opinion. The sells aren't increasing since Season II vol 1, it sells about 80k per volume, which means R+V is not getting new readers.

I am not a expert but in my opinion sells should increase with the time pass(and R+V should be at least 100k+ after 9 years but it's not), and this isn't happening, with season 1+season 2 it has 21 volumes. If we compare with mangas in the same magazine(Jump Square) Claymore with 22 volumes sells more than 150k per volume, Dr.Grayman more than 250k, To love ru more than 200k, ect.

I may be wrong(i want to be!) but i think this may be the last arc of R+V unless it starts to get new readers to buy the volumes, what it's not happening(in the last 4 years).

PS: sorry about my english, i know it sucks.

Last edited by Lender; 2012-06-13 at 21:46.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 21:28   Link #22748
GrimJack

I disagree with you, though I do wish sales would be higher, not every manga can be a large seller and I am led to believe that anything over 50,000 copies is a successful series in terms of tank sales.

this may be the last arc but we already know Ikeda-sensei planned on 12 volumes for season II of which we have 11 already
Old 2012-06-13, 21:56   Link #22749
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I disagree with you, though I do wish sales would be higher, not every manga can be a large seller and I am led to believe that anything over 50,000 copies is a successful series in terms of tank sales.

this may be the last arc but we already know Ikeda-sensei planned on 12 volumes for season II of which we have 11 already
I think that a successful manga for JUMP magazines(for others magazines more than 50k is good) is something over 100,000 copies. But it's just a opinion.

What let me curious about your comment is........"we already know Ikeda-sensei planned on 12 volumes". Where do you get that information? because if we count the chapters and based how the situation is right now in the history we need at least more 2 or 3 volumes to solve everything.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:03   Link #22750
GrimJack

from his comment in volume 4 I believe, he predicted to finish the story of season II he would need about 12 volumes, it will go longer of course now to wrap it up

in Volume 7 he admitted it would probably take a few more...

the real debate is whether there will be a season III for the third year of Yokai Academy

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-06-13 at 22:38.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:41   Link #22751
Chris38

Well, I don't think it's necessary to further separate the manga, unless of course, Ikeda wants to try and attract new readers, by doing something like that.

Anyway, at this point, I doubt that volume 12 is going to be the last volume of the Second Season, due to the fact that I don't think we can expect him to resolve the current situation in 5 - 6 chapters.

After all, there are still a lot of enemies that need to be defeated, and the matter with Alucard is also going to take some time to resolve.
Old 2012-06-13, 23:56   Link #22752
Tachibana
タチバナ

I agree with Chris38, Ikeda has so many things he needs to resolve before this great series can be brought to a close, even if those were Ikeda's original plans, thats all in the past, as a series progresses new plans and plots are made, and the old ones are abandoned in favor of the new ones.

This series is far from over.
Old 2012-06-13, 23:58   Link #22753
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We need some image time R+V fans.

Spoiler for image:

Dunno if they're gonna fight or do something naughty...
Although this is far better than anything I can do... the way Inner's face is drawn doesn't set right with me.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 00:01   Link #22754
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
It's the same as always, the important information on this rank is how much the manga sells and not where it is in the rank. Next week rank it will sum about 70-80k what is a big problem in my opinion. The sells aren't increasing since Season II vol 1, it sells about 80k per volume, which means R+V is not getting new readers.

I am not a expert but in my opinion sells should increase with the time pass(and R+V should be at least 100k+ after 9 years but it's not), and this isn't happening, with season 1+season 2 it has 21 volumes. If we compare with mangas in the same magazine(Jump Square) Claymore with 22 volumes sells more than 150k per volume, Dr.Grayman more than 250k, To love ru more than 200k, ect.

I may be wrong(i want to be!) but i think this may be the last arc of R+V unless it starts to get new readers to buy the volumes, what it's not happening(in the last 4 years).

PS: sorry about my english, i know it sucks.
At least it's staying steady. The problem is probably due to the genre shift. People who preferred the older style before it turned pure shounen battle manga might have left, while new readers who prefer that style came in. It's always going to happen when a series undergoes a change like that-- some old readers will drop it, some new readers will pick it up. I know my enjoyment of the series ended with the introduction of Akuha.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:23   Link #22755
XxSleepyxX
Learner

It basically turned into a full out battle manga. I don't mind it though the art still looks awesome. Than again it is shounen so what do you expect. At least Tsukune doesn't get ridiculous power ups. This is jump after all its more for guys than girls. At least the author didn't get rid of the romance. Adding in Akuha was a neat idea. Basically the series can end on a good note. I can picture a third season they can probably go for a "marriage" arc. Than again its too early to tell how it'll end. Moka's father still hasn't made a apperance. And Tsukune is basically like Dracula's shell if you think about it. I'm pretty sure the author didn't name chapter 52 "Transformation" for no reason.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:08   Link #22756
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
It basically turned into a full out battle manga. I don't mind it though the art still looks awesome. Than again it is shounen so what do you expect. At least Tsukune doesn't get ridiculous power ups. This is jump after all its more for guys than girls. At least the author didn't get rid of the romance. Adding in Akuha was a neat idea. Basically the series can end on a good note. I can picture a third season they can probably go for a "marriage" arc. Than again its too early to tell how it'll end. Moka's father still hasn't made a apperance. And Tsukune is basically like Dracula's shell if you think about it. I'm pretty sure the author didn't name chapter 52 "Transformation" for no reason.
The only thing I wish to be resolved by the end *is* a marriage (and a hawt kiss scene!) . The R+V drama is much more tolerable and captivating than in other genres (aka ShoRoms >_<), even though I can't care for a few of the Fairy Tale antagonists (can't remember the Masked King, should he have made an appearance prior to this arc )
I generally don't mind Shonen battles, but it's a pain in the @ss in monthly-mangas.

I also read the current chapter after a few delays: Most was already said pages ago, but HECK YEAH @the last few pages of epic hugging. I waited for these kind of momens longer than almost anything else
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 16:16   Link #22757
Random Wanderer

Well, I went back and read fully from the point I stopped, ages ago, back when Kurumu nearly killed herself saving Tsukune during that ritual to unleash his power. After reading all that, my conclusion remains that Akua is a sociopathic yandere stalker bitch who hurt my Kurumu, and deserves to be strangled with her own intestines.

Oh, and once they finish that I suppose the kids should do something about Alucard too. You know, if they don't have anything urgent to do.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 16:24   Link #22758
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well, I went back and read fully from the point I stopped, ages ago, back when Kurumu nearly killed herself saving Tsukune during that ritual to unleash his power. After reading all that, my conclusion remains that Akua is a sociopathic yandere stalker bitch who hurt my Kurumu, and deserves to be strangled with her own intestines.

Oh, and once they finish that I suppose the kids should do something about Alucard too. You know, if they don't have anything urgent to do.
When you mention Akua being strangled by her intestines, did you mean something this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGkl24c1L0
Anyway, the next chapter will no doubt be Akua vs Tsukune and we will see how much Tsukune progress in power.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 18:49   Link #22759
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
When you mention Akua being strangled by her intestines, did you mean something this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGkl24c1L0
Anyway, the next chapter will no doubt be Akua vs Tsukune and we will see how much Tsukune progress in power.
Wow, its been quiet here, well anyway, in the recent chapter Tsukune has proven to outclass Akua in speed, his phsyical strength also outclasses her own, but itle take more than just that to beat her. I can't wait to see those two finally go at it.
Old 2012-06-22, 19:02   Link #22760
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Similar in basic principle, although someone would have to wrap them around her neck rather than just throwing her around the room with them.

Quote:
Wow, its been quiet here, well anyway, in the recent chapter Tsukune has proven to outclass Akua in speed, his phsyical strength also outclasses her own, but itle take more than just that to beat her. I can't wait to see those two finally go at it.
I think the most important question is whether or not he can block her attacks. If he can no-sell that cutting move of hers, then I'd say he can take her.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire