AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-12-02, 07:04   Link #9721
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I'm all for a Black Cat sequel.

But with a completely new cast.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 07:39   Link #9722
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
At this point, anything will be better than To LoveRu, unless Rito got possessed by rapist ghost in Part 3 and start impregnating every girl in every chapters to the end.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 08:02   Link #9723
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
He need more development to gain confidence. At least we need something that makes Rito have the confidence to do it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 13:00   Link #9724
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Yabuki's new work has been revealed. It's a manga adaptation of the upcoming Darling in the Franxx anime by Trigger/A1. It's mecha.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 15:40   Link #9725
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Will it be a serialisation or just promotional material?
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 18:34   Link #9726
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Will it be a serialisation or just promotional material?
I'm not entirely sure, but it should be a serialization. We'll probably have more details on the 16th, when it will get officially announced.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 01:15   Link #9727
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yabuki's new work has been revealed. It's a manga adaptation of the upcoming Darling in the Franxx anime by Trigger/A1. It's mecha.
I am not sure must excite, manga adaptation story is tend not fruitful for discussion because we know the whole part story already from main source.
I wish he do original work of his own

Also just see this post of yours from last page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually received the final volume two days ago. Hasemi was all for making a sequel, but Yabuki was far more reluctant. In fact, he was the one who decided to end Darkness because he had already drawn the stories he wanted to draw, and because he thought the series was getting more and more risqué which made fans' expectations rise even more, and he didn't want it to turn into something indecent. Kinda seemed like he was caught in a spiral he wanted out of.

So yeah, I don't think he's ready to make another TLR series, at least not before trying something else first. The Magical Girl Mikan spin-off he talked about would be great.
That news for me, so this confirmed it is Hasemi the true pervert, Yabuki is pseudo pervert influenced by Hasemi clutches.
In the end, this is good news, we will not see TLR in near time and hopefully Yabuki will involve more in manga with "plot" not pl0t.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 11:07   Link #9728
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
That news for me, so this confirmed it is Hasemi the true pervert, Yabuki is pseudo pervert influenced by Hasemi clutches.
In the end, this is good news, we will not see TLR in near time and hopefully Yabuki will involve more in manga with "plot" not pl0t.
Nah, Yabuki is a pervert too. He was initially the one who got the idea to make Darkness and brought Hasemi on board, after all. I've read all his comments in the volumes and his interviews and he definitely likes drawing naked girls. It's just that he felt both he and the readers got used to the ecchi scenes becoming more and more risqué, and at some point he realized he should end it before it became truly indecent.

Here's a french to english translation of the relevant parts:

Quote:
"I started talking about ending Darkness in May or June 2016, around the time the series reached its ten years of serialization.

I had several reasons, the first one being that it happens I had initially planned to include a certain number of stories featuring Momo and Yami, and that at the end of this volume, I have managed to draw them all.

The other reason is that the sexy aspect of the series just kept increasing. Obviously, both the authors and the readers got gradually used to even more raunchy scenes, and I wanted to calm things down before we breached the limits of indecency.

Furthermore, now that Darkness is a 18+ manga... err, I mean, now that it has reached 18 volumes like To love-ru, I thought it was a good number to end it on.

...

I'm the kind of person who works tirelessly on his manga without ever taking vacations, but despite all the love I have for my series, it wouldn't have been interesting to make Darkness last indefinitely.
What now? Well, I'm planning on perhaps starting a different series.
Even so, To love-ru remains a very familiar world for me, as if it were my real home.

I still have tons of ideas, for example, I'm thinking of a spin-off with Mikan as the main heroine, in the magical girl genre (laugh). I hope I'll be able to draw it one day.

See you soon! Thank you for your support and don't forget: To love-ru is eternal.
We'll see each other again very soon, I promise!"
I realize my initial post was misleading. It's not that he was reluctant to make a sequel, but rather than he needed a break from TLR first and that he might want to take the series in a different direction. It also depends on how you interpret his last line: was he specifically talking about TLR or just simply about him coming back?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 22:48   Link #9729
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
TLR Action Style with Rito destroying his conveniently female enemies' clothing as he defies the gravitation laws and falls on them.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 00:21   Link #9730
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
All of Rito's fall on them causing him immediately goes to ecchi scene XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 14:22   Link #9731
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
I know this is late because I was reading TLR but I don't see why Haruna gets so much hate.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 14:40   Link #9732
darkofficer
just a devil
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
I know this is late because I was reading TLR but I don't see why Haruna gets so much hate.
she is too bland in a serie with much more colorful characters
__________________
"..This is my honest opinion, but I feel it is much easier to teach cows how to walk on their hind legs than to find rationality in humans."

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 21:58   Link #9733
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
I know this is late because I was reading TLR but I don't see why Haruna gets so much hate.
from my own post before to similar question
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
it's pretty much the matter of character developments, Haruna is too complete and normal. Which is to say, she lacked growth potential, by settings, Haruna is liking Rito from the beginning of TLR, she is also the normal type and played out in TLR as one of the 2 main heroines, now the problem begin, Lala's feelings grow as the story of TLR progress, and she have a pretty interesting character, Run feelings come from purely being competitive with Lala to wanting to be with Rito on her own will, and Ren/Run problem adding on the twist, Yami is obvious, the TLRD was dedicated for her problem and growth. Both Nana and Momo has growth from the 1st time of their appearance in TLR. Yui's feeling growing a lot in TLRD. And most importantly, Rito is growing in his own way.

Point is, Haruna does have her character development but since the very start, her problem was always revolved around confessing - coward her way out - nervous - interruption -> repeat. Compare to other girls who is more aware of their feelings and react to Rito in change of their growth, Haruna fall shorts to all of them since her feelings have no need to develop from the beginning. The other girl's personality being unique on each their own hit Haruna points down even further.
1 thing I notice after reading many romcom and harem, is that girl who actually like MC or being MC's crush in the beginning is actually a very big disadvantages, since it limit the character growth of said girl, it is possible with very good story telling, but very rare.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 03:08   Link #9734
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
from my own post before to similar question


1 thing I notice after reading many romcom and harem, is that girl who actually like MC or being MC's crush in the beginning is actually a very big disadvantages, since it limit the character growth of said girl, it is possible with very good story telling, but very rare.
Hmm... I can see your point but if it's lack of development you can say the same for other characters.

Run is a prime example, for one her feeling for Rito came our of nowhere. Just because Rito and Ren accidently kissed each other than Run suddenly has feelings for him to the point of near obsession? Now granted she doesn't get much screen time compared to the other girls but fundamentally she too lack development because she's essentially the same since day one.

Yui I can somewhat agree with. She has gotten much development but like you said with Haruna, she too takes way too long to acknowledge her own feelings which is common for tsudere types and even by the end she didn't even confess to Rito.

Mea relationship with Rito is essentially the same since day one as it's more based on physical rather than emotional.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 07:14   Link #9735
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Hmm... I can see your point but if it's lack of development you can say the same for other characters.

Run is a prime example, for one her feeling for Rito came our of nowhere. Just because Rito and Ren accidently kissed each other than Run suddenly has feelings for him to the point of near obsession? Now granted she doesn't get much screen time compared to the other girls but fundamentally she too lack development because she's essentially the same since day one.

Yui I can somewhat agree with. She has gotten much development but like you said with Haruna, she too takes way too long to acknowledge her own feelings which is common for tsudere types and even by the end she didn't even confess to Rito.

Mea relationship with Rito is essentially the same since day one as it's more based on physical rather than emotional.
the lack of character development happened with multiple girls, but Haruna is more serious because, 1 - she is one of the 2 main girl back in TLR, and 2 - she is Rito crush, that position make her take a lot more attention than other girls, and that make thing bad since people are more judging when they read it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 14:41   Link #9736
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Although I like Haruna she also has as much screen time as Lala, she's in nearly every chapter, but 75% of her actions are "I really like Rito" because the story quickly got to the point that the confession could not happen or it would end the series as it wasn't until the end of TLR that Rito was even remotely conflicted and even then Haruna still trumped all. Add to this some people buy into the false idea she was based on Yabuki's crazy exwife, although an interview credits her more to Hasemi, because she tried to sue him for more money.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 20:30   Link #9737
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Well, thanks to fans in Japan she back down...
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 20:41   Link #9738
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Well, thanks to fans in Japan she back down...
I believe the case was just thrown out of court not that she backed down the divorce was also the main cause of TLR ending Yabuki not having time to do it weekly and watch his daughter and there might have been a subtle screw you to her since while she could claim some of the profits from TLR since it was made while they were married she had no such claim on TLRD
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 21:57   Link #9739
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Wait, I thought she back down asking for stuff due fans rage...
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:39   Link #9740
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Excuse me for asking this...but who is the Haruna that you guys were speaking of? I can't remember this person at all.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.