AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-25, 15:03   Link #41
ipernorris

I think there is an age issue here. The older viewers (25+ years old) have already seen tons of anime so they can predict most of the situations, especially in kids/teenager anime, because they're simpler of course. This doesn't happen in seinen anime like Bastards, Berserk, Claymore, Ergo Proxy etc because they are so much complex and unpredictable!
To the guys who are thinking that Bleach is becoming boring I think they should move to other manga/anime as their primary lecture/show.
Old 2007-06-25, 16:09   Link #42
Zerokule

Ichigo is seriously pissing me off. He's lost his resolve and confidence and is fighting half assed. I seriously want to see Grimjaw kill Ichigo and own HM. Then Shinji gets pissed and owns all. For a shounen story, this is really boring.
Old 2007-06-26, 05:35   Link #43
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
The solution to save bleach. Kill orihime and send everyone back to the real world.
Old 2007-06-26, 07:49   Link #44
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Oh hell yea. From then on, who cares about aizen and his emospadas, lets have one whole DON KANOJI ARC.
Old 2007-06-26, 13:37   Link #45
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokule View Post
Ichigo is seriously pissing me off. He's lost his resolve and confidence and is fighting half assed. I seriously want to see Grimjaw kill Ichigo and own HM. Then Shinji gets pissed and owns all. For a shounen story, this is really boring.
yep i agree.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:04   Link #46
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Ah, Ichigo...for all the flack Naruto catches about not developing as fast as Sasuke has, he STILL manages to look like Kira Yamato compared to Ichigo.

Dude's been owned more times than he's actually won.
Old 2007-06-26, 23:18   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am not an Ichi fan and quite frankly I am getting irritated by the criticism thrown at him. Ichi was always this way from the very first chapter he has acted that way. The good thing going for him was he was powering up .Now he is not and yes he is going to because its been a helluva long time he has not powered up . I really don’t find anything wrong in that and why well ...

Ichigo had powered up 6 times while fighting Renji in the first season and now he has powered up only once

Instances
Spoiler for Space:
Old 2007-06-27, 00:51   Link #48
Question
Crossdresser

I liked Bleach up to around the end of the Soul Society arc where Kubo started failing very hard, with things like making Aizen near-omnipotent, kidnapping Rukia AGAIN(oops i meant Orihime) and making the villains flat out broken which will result in even more broken power ups later on.

Its TOTALLY possible to write a shounen manga without resorting to overdone cliches that everyone hates or rehasing fights and storylines, just like how its possible to direct a hollywood action movie without a mad scientist, the hero taking on 100 bad guys at once and winning, and all the police/military personnel doing nothing or acting like retards.

If people can accurately predict most of what will happen in your future storyline arc, you have already failed, because it means you are just copypasting already existing storylines and everyone can see it coming miles away.
Old 2007-06-27, 02:32   Link #49
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
I liked Bleach up to around the end of the Soul Society arc where Kubo started failing very hard, with things like making Aizen near-omnipotent, kidnapping Rukia AGAIN(oops i meant Orihime) and making the villains flat out broken which will result in even more broken power ups later on.

Its TOTALLY possible to write a shounen manga without resorting to overdone cliches that everyone hates or rehasing fights and storylines, just like how its possible to direct a hollywood action movie without a mad scientist, the hero taking on 100 bad guys at once and winning, and all the police/military personnel doing nothing or acting like retards.

If people can accurately predict most of what will happen in your future storyline arc, you have already failed, because it means you are just copypasting already existing storylines and everyone can see it coming miles away.
As I wrote before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I think there is an age issue here. The older viewers (25+ years old) have already seen tons of anime so they can predict most of the situations, especially in kids/teenager anime, because they're simpler of course. This doesn't happen in seinen anime like Bastards, Berserk, Claymore, Ergo Proxy etc because they are so much complex and unpredictable!
To the guys who are thinking that Bleach is becoming boring I think they should move to other manga/anime as their primary lecture/show.
This is a shounen manga, don't overestimate it or you're going to be greatly disappointed. This is no Berserk, Claymore or other seinen stories: it's just a plain shounen, written for kids who have an orgasm just by watching Ichigo's hollow mask without thinking about all of the details, questions and doubts we have here.
Old 2007-06-27, 05:03   Link #50
evenex

Quote:
This is a shounen manga, don't overestimate it or you're going to be greatly disappointed. This is no Berserk, Claymore or other seinen stories: it's just a plain shounen, written for kids who have an orgasm just by watching Ichigo's hollow mask without thinking about all of the details, questions and doubts we have here.
Lol, I wanna see where Bleach leads to but I'm wishing KT won't put any twist that everyone already predicted eg. Orihime sacrificing herself (although it would at least make her a useful character)
Old 2007-06-27, 08:36   Link #51
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
Lol, I wanna see where Bleach leads to but I'm wishing KT won't put any twist that everyone already predicted
That'll be kinda hard. The internet is the proverbial million mokeys on a million typewriters. With all the (crackpot) theories flooding the discussion boards each week, whether they're based on fact or not, someone is bound to hit the jackpot, simply by the laws of probability. That individual will then proceed to rave how he or she made the call and droves of other readers who read his theory and kept it in mind will then clamor how the plottwist sucks, because it was so predictable. Such is the internets.
Old 2007-06-27, 09:51   Link #52
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
That'll be kinda hard. The internet is the proverbial million mokeys on a million typewriters. With all the (crackpot) theories flooding the discussion boards each week, whether they're based on fact or not, someone is bound to hit the jackpot, simply by the laws of probability. That individual will then proceed to rave how he or she made the call and droves of other readers who read his theory and kept it in mind will then clamor how the plottwist sucks, because it was so predictable. Such is the internets.
Both very true statements. Bleach doesn't have the complexity of seinen manga and reading the discussion board does make the plot seem more predictable. For me, I don't read the story for the complexity or unpredictable plot but for the style and good storytelling which can be still unique even if plot itself is fairly simple and generic. It's the same reason I go to see summer blockbuster movies. However, I think Bleach is in danger of losing that uniqueness and becoming bland. But then again, our expectations increase every arc.

Anyways while we're talking about predictions, if Ichigo defeats Grimmjow here then that should be the conclusion of Hueco Mundo arc or at least the battles we've been seeing. I can't really see Ichigo or his friends fighting off the rest of the Espada, Gin and Tousen until they reach Aizen. There will have to be a lull in the action for a change of plans. I can't see them leaving with Inoue either. That just wraps things up too nicely and we'd never even find out exactly what Aizen wanted to do with her in the first place. Aizen will probably reclaim Orihime before the group can leave HM.

Ichigo will have to receive a power-up here to win but how he'll get it is beyond me. His power here depends on him being able to maintain his mask and he hasn't been able to do that for more than 11 sec. How he is he suddenly supposed to accomplish that when he couldn't do it after a full month of training from the vizard or fighting against Ulq? Hichigo's guidance seems like the most likely answer. Of course, he'll have to be beaten to a pulp again before that time comes.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:03   Link #53
naruto89

have u seen the supposed released form of grimmjow spoiler pic, seems fake but interesting
Old 2007-06-27, 10:17   Link #54
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
This is a shounen manga, don't overestimate it or you're going to be greatly disappointed. This is no Berserk, Claymore or other seinen stories:
Claymore is a shonen genre not seinen . And Claymore is monthly not weekly So they are all together different league. Leaving One Piece /Claymore at times I don’t consider these mangas to be the pinnacles of GNs they all can be bunched together . If I was referencing a good manga-ka I would go for Nagai or Kazuya not Kentaro Miura. You should check out Honey Comb it a wonderful ongoing series by Kazuya

On topic of Seinen you should check out Wangan Midnight it creates a niche for itself among racing manga I don’t want to stray more offtopic

Quote:
it's just a plain shounen, written for kids who have an orgasm just by watching Ichigo's hollow mask without thinking about all of the details, questions and doubts we have here.
Yeah I agree the shirosaki fandom is a little over the top and irritating at times . But here Shirosaki or Zangetsu is the only way atleast for now .

Coming to criticism any criticism of the chapter is welcome . But there is no fun in doing it repeatedly ? . I have posted least in this chapter thread to me it was a filler . Also there is no compulsion for me to bother with this chapter as its not up to my standard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
have u seen the supposed released form of grimmjow spoiler pic, seems fake but interesting
Most likely fake ?? Sonicjow
Old 2007-06-27, 10:21   Link #55
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

I think I like the old miracle system of if you don't like something, don't watch/read it. Rather than watching it, getting disappointed then crying about how it used be fresh!
Old 2007-06-27, 10:23   Link #56
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I dunno. The picture looks pretty convincing to me. There's even a magazine crease in the middle. I can't see any obvious signs that it's a fake. We'll see though. Could be a doujshin.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:26   Link #57
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Dosen't look real. Kubo dosent seem to use such page layouts. Besides, I'm assuming that this picture would be when grimmjaw just finishes releasing, of which usually such scenes would be the character just standing there happily smiling at the reader straight on, not running or something. Might be wrong though.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:30   Link #58
ajay29

In that spoiler pic, wheres Grim's jaw bone part of his mask?
Or do the mask parts disappear when they release?
Old 2007-06-27, 10:40   Link #59
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

2 more pics are out posted in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
I think I like the old miracle system of if you don't like something, don't watch/read it. Rather than watching it, getting disappointed
Very Well Put i I feel the same though criticism is always welcome . But If I hate/dislike a series to that extent I rarely do waste my time on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I dunno. The picture looks pretty convincing to me. There's even a magazine crease in the middle. I can't see any obvious signs that it's a fake. We'll see though. Could be a doujshin.
Thinks its real but a lil voice inside my head goes no . Some more pics are out . We will just wait for a summary yeah this time pics have come out before summary
Old 2007-06-27, 21:36   Link #60
Monkey D. Luffy

Just because people aren't happy with Bleach right now and it's very average it dosen't mean they should stop reading/watching it. That's part of reading it, you like it one time you dislike it the next, I have to agree Bleach is average right now nothing new is happening and things we have seen many times before will probably happen. Will I stop reading, no because even if its mediocre and dissapointing right now it could get better later. If people want to critcize let them, don't let it bother you they feel one way other feel different.
Closed Thread