2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 7.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 75 50.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-14, 04:01   Link #41
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
You can say all you want about the art itself, the storyline, the lame-ass backstory and explanation, but you can't say the animation was below par. It was better than most of the episodes we've seen.

5/10. Very mildly entertaining, liked Tenten's filler jutsu.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 04:15   Link #42
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

hangs around the campfire and sings lets become stronger than the day before.

ouch this ep was just painfull, just when you think they have gotten their act back together
Old 2007-09-14, 04:16   Link #43
Rem and Ryuk

Stupid. I thought he was gonna realize they can run to Konoha (since youre clone can't run faster than you) and have the stronger level ninjas finish them off. This whole concept of fighting your clone is stupid, let alone the way they are doing it where it's stalemate for 10 episodes. Why doesn't Lee just release one of the seals? Is the clone really smart enough to realize he should do it too? To what extent do these clones have brains? I honestly don't see how these NON HUMAN (as stated) clones would be as smart as the humans. Didn't Naruto and Kakashi already AGREE to attack Deidara? Wasn't Kakashi ALREADY ready!? So why did they keep running more? This was horrible. Sure you could come up with lame questions on any good episode, but the fact that these questions were all I was thinking about is a testament to how boring the episode truly was...grr.
Rem and Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 04:19   Link #44
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
Stupid. I thought he was gonna realize they can run to Konoha (since youre clone can't run faster than you) and have the stronger level ninjas finish them off. This whole concept of fighting your clone is stupid, let alone the way they are doing it where it's stalemate for 10 episodes. Why doesn't Lee just release one of the seals? Is the clone really smart enough to realize he should do it too? To what extent do these clones have brains? I honestly don't see how these NON HUMAN (as stated) clones would be as smart as the humans. Didn't Naruto and Kakashi already AGREE to attack Deidara? Wasn't Kakashi ALREADY ready!? So why did they keep running more? This was horrible. Sure you could come up with lame questions on any good episode, but the fact that these questions were all I was thinking about is a testament to how boring the episode truly was...grr.
For me, I was thinking that perhaps they were going to run to each other and work together or switch clones. Since they know how each other fight, it would be better.

So wait wait wait. Let me get this straight. When they pulled off the seals, they in terms of strength were the same as when they are in the heat (I use that term very loosely) of battle. And in the end, their brilliant idea was... become stronger. I wish I could think that at such a high level.. 1/10 for me since well... the fighting was.. eh. The fact the idea was to be stronger, and lack of naruto.. I would care less if they stripped the entire clone fight.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:30   Link #45
swerv
Stay Up

Almost lost the will to live when watching this episode. Had to start watching GITS from the beginning again to remind me why I bother watching anime.
Old 2007-09-14, 05:02   Link #46
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This episode can be described best as lame for me. That said, I'll give it 8/10 because there's no cliffhanger and something actually got done. I know I'm being too generous, but it could've been worse.

It's great how two episodes below the polls were overwhelmingly 10/10 and not it's overwhelmingly 1/10. I love how diverging these episodes are.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 05:51   Link #47
F3rNanD3s

AWESOME !! Truely deserved an A'1'.

this fight totally tarnish Team Gai reputation of coolness .... its not even lame at all ...

this is just.... 大便!!

really sympathise with those going for their season DVDs.. with all the $@^&*#^&*$^#^$ inside......
F3rNanD3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 07:51   Link #48
iamweasel

Oh my god...I have no words to describe how bad this episode of Shippuden was.

I feel stupid though because I keep hoping that at some point itll get better. 28 eps later and we still havent seen naruto do anything new, minus his improved rasengan. /cry
iamweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 07:52   Link #49
ep260

My god, going from Claymore to this crap makes it a whole lot worse ugh, and yet I keep watching in hopes something cool will happen
ep260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 08:23   Link #50
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

(To the mods)

I will have a (rather doable) suggestion. I think, in case of Naruto, to honor the genius(!) of the anime creators, the mods should make an exception and at least add a 0/10 (as disaster) to the ratings scale for the upcoming episodes.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 10:54   Link #51
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i think it wasn't that bad...if you compare other clown fights from previous episodes, you would grade it a bit higher then 1....

i would give it 5/10
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:18   Link #52
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i know naruto is intended for kids but this episode was just retarded
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:21   Link #53
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
The best part about this episode was the theme song at the beginning. And that says alot
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:08   Link #54
Raktus
Gotei 13: Squad 11

Ever since they started fighting clones of themselves I fell back on the tried and true solution to a clone battle... Get someone else to fight your clone and you fight their clone....

Would have been alot more interesting than 'Lets all get stronger all of a sudden...'
Raktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:16   Link #55
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

As soon as they said the clones were stuck at the power they were when the seal was broken, I was expecting something like.. Maybe Gai and Lee would release a few gates, or Lee would take off his weights if he hadn't already.

But the solution they came out with made me stare at the screen in disgust. I'd probably have been more impressed if they all came out with.. "Rasengan!"
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:20   Link #56
Zerokule

Crap episode, I was hoping to see Naruto go berserk on Deidara, but no, I get to watch boring fights and poor animation of otherwise cool characters, I can do without Tenten tho.
Zerokule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:22   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

So Kishimoto gave a good chance for the anime team to insert a cool filler. They had Kishimoto's gift and they totally wasted it.

I was thinking of some possibilities to end those fights, which would be all better than what we saw:
- they simply switch oppoenents, Gai could defeat the clones of the other 3 while they spend time escaping from Gai's clone. In the end they team up against Gai's clone.
- they simply escape the clones, the jutsu should have ended somehow by itself when the chakra stored in the clones is totally used up
- the best for the story: TEAMWORK! they meet somewhere and use good teamwork against the brainless clones which can only fight by themself. One of the major points of the manga is that teamwork always wins against soloing, and what could we see in this painfully dumb episode?! The anime team didn't learn this from the manga despite having made more than 200 episodes.

It was also painfull to see that Neji who is supposed to be a jounin cannot use any interesting jutsu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 14:32   Link #58
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I officially hate Team Gai now.

I did like the little easter egg with a depressed Tenten added to the ending.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 15:49   Link #59
Razz

The best part of this episode was the little Sasori line from last week's ep...

WORST EPISODE EVER...jesus
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 15:54   Link #60
digitalmaster287

WTF is all I can say for this episode. I mean come on! The idea they came up with was complete garbage. Get stronger? What were they doing for the past 10 episodes? Just screwing around? In the end though I gave it a GREATLY exaggerated 7/10 simply because now that this stupidity is outta the way they can get to more important things like Naruto wailing on Deidara. Lets hope they dont screw that up somehow...
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote