Mobile Suits/armour
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 03:04   Link #122
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Here is another idea for Gundam Series

Gundam Omega

In an Alternate universe, we are thrown into a what if situation. This time it is about if Corporations siezed control of almost every colony? The story takes place during 23 Pre Corporation Takeover. During that time, Colonies were built as a means to house more people and to develop new foodstuffs and materials that will benefit humanity. However at that time Corporations were growing very strong, several corporations banded together and began a secret takeover of the Earth. They were already powerful in their own might, running several mining, manufacturing (mostly weapons) and controlling the odd third world nation. The Following are, Diandri Corporation (Acts similar to Liandri Corporation with Consensual murder and such), Garland Mechanics united, Ultor Industries and Globall Corporation. They began making strides in taking government positions and eventually controlling almost 90% of all the First World Governments. This begins the Corporate Era....

After Corporate Takeover 25

The Corporate Takeover meant Colonies built by the governments went directly under corporate control, at that time as well, the governments has passed laws to undermine union power and worker rights. Protests and Job Actions are met with heavily armed mobile suits and criminal intimidation (By protesting, a family who's employee is involved could be killed and Omega does that commonly). Colonies became factories where workers were forced into terrible conditions and sometimes are even reduced to mere slaves...Meanwhile the Higher society enjoyed the fruits of the exploited Labor with lovely women, alcohol and luxuries that the Colonies were once able to enjoy and rumors of human experimentation were heard of...Only a few colonies remained independant from the Corporations' influence...

Our Hero's story...

Meet 20 year old Kyle McAnderson, born as an American, he has witness a sudden wave of attacks against the government. He later becomes involved when one day he was about to sign up for the Diandri Corporation's defense force when a prototype weapon appeared in Front of him...And thus our savior has been found...

Characters

Kyle McAnderson: A young man born into a world where life was good, but not perfect and seeking a reason of being, he is generally pro fighting and not hesistant to resort to violence to settle things. He joins the Colonies as well as various groups in an attempt to bring a free rule, not bound by a Corporation's shackles back to the world.

Terris Langlyle: One of the major leaders of the Resistance against the COrporate Collective. Brave and persistant he depises the Corporations to no end, blaming them for the needless suffering. He was a former commander of the Colonial Space Defense forces and understand why do they have to fight so hard.

John Kingsly: A radical in the Resistance, despite his dedication, John thinks all Corporations are evil and must be destroyed. His methods are questionable and his ideas are crazy and completely random.

Amy Greensdale: A lovely young women who knew Kyle before he joined the resistance, she believe neither side is truly right and she does so by working for a while as a reporter for the resistance and then as a Corporate employee. She however see things in Kyle's way but wants him to maintain a sense of honor and direction in directing his goals.

Alfred Schwarz: The Leader of the Diandri Corporation, cold and Calculating. He is a dangerous leader and is extremely fervorous against the resistance, he tends to let his troops fight his wars for him then waging war himself.

James Garland: The CEO of Garland Mechanics, a genious to some. A butcher to others, he created various mechanical weapons for Armies to wage war with and despises the idea of free thinking, he has a vision of an Automated human race whre they will work without question, obey orders without questions. Basically reducing humanity to mere drones.

Charles Van Bach: The CEO of Ultor Industries, an aristrocrat by birth, he delights in luxuries and enjoying being to have something for nothing. Charles enjoys exploiting his workers to no end and cares only wealth and Luxury.

XBL-3867 codename: "Father" An AI that also is responsible for Globall's existance, the CEO died by Father's hands and he assumed control of the corporation. Effectively making it more productive and more sadistic. They tend to experiment on people and use extremely brutal techniques to kill people.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:24   Link #123
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Forgive me for necroing this, but recent things in /m/ inspired me...

Spoiler for Bet On Gundam:
Old 2010-03-19, 03:10   Link #124
Vsin
Aldracity

Hmmm...my concept is kinda short, but here's the general gist of it.

Turn Gundam

Essentially, it explains Turn A.

The Turn Gundam was a prototype designed in order to test a nanomachine self-repair system. Due to transmission fluxes from putting the transmitter inside the machine body, the system would end up building anomalies on the Gundam (eg: a round shoulder instead of a blocky one) so the transmitter was attached to the outside; on the head, as a pair of fins on the chin. This system wasn't super powerful (it wasn't DG Cell fast at regeneration, heck, it compares more to Turn A's regeneration or worse) but it still cut down on maintainance times.

The Turn Gundam was also equipped with a Biosensor, due to testing which indicated that the nanomachines would be "improved" should such a thing activate. However, a Psychoframe was not installed as it was conceived that the stress of attempting to control millions of nanomachines for even a moment would cause the pilot to faint, or at worst, die. The "controller fin" is mounted on the biosensor section of the head (see: F91's Biosensor, Crossbone Biosensor) in order to maximize the "improvement effect". Note that the effect was entirely theoretical and completely up in the air as to the result.

*plot happens here*

In a battle of epic coreography, the Turn Gundam gets stabbed twice in the back. The Biosensor activates, and presto, we have the Moonlight Butterfly. If you've seen the Moonlight Butterfly, you know what happens next. Well, the Turn Gundam turns all the tech around it into dust.

*more plot here*

In its final battle, the Moonlight Butterfly activates again. After more epic choreography, the Moonlight Butterfly ends up consuming the Turn Gundam (probably at the end of the epic choreography). Well, it IS a prototype, bad stuff happens. All that remains is the mutilated head of the Turn Gundam: the upper V-Fin is missing, and the Transmitter got upturned into the shape of a crescent moustache.

In the epilogue, the original designer is working on a machine. By this point, they've managed to not need the external transmitter. However, as homage to the original prototype, the new MS is named Turn A (so the Turn which is labeled "A") and is given the upturned moustache.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 07:10   Link #125
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I've been brain storming some ideas to to write a fanfic about UC era Gundam for quite awhile... This is just a draft

well is the gist of it The time line is around UC 94-96 ( after Char counter attack and before Unicorn) The protagonist(s) belong to a Private Military Corporation hired by either Anaheim Electronic, Earth federation or another third party that have it own agenda . Well this will be most likely to be side stories to compliment other time lines and factions like Delaz flleet , New Deities ( A branch The Titans) Neon Zeon and Jupiter fleet connections.

Characters
Spencer Revil age 22 the main protagonist good well rounded piloting skills, has low tier newtype abilities, As the surname suggest he's the grandson of Admiral Revil, he owns P.M.C. in short he's rich, owns around 20% stocks of Anaheim and hold around 30% of the new SNRI corporation. He's also well known for being a Philanthropist.

Martin Lockheed age 26 The PMC Mobile suit Squadron leader, his piloting skill are top notch he's an ACE. old type. he have the respect of all of his subordinate because of stead fast leadership and tactical abilities on the battle field

Ayumi Murasame age appears to be around late teens or early twenties, enhance human with high tier new type ability and good piloting skills. She has a strong attachment or endearment Spencer in her point of view he's her benefactor. ( she was saved by Spencer during a raid against Marasame lab.)

Elisa Augusta age appears to be mid twenties enhance human high tier new type with good piloting she a tad better than Ayumi. She the same attachment or endearment to Spencer ( She was almost sold off to a human trafficking crime syndicate, but due to Spenser's raids on new type labs she was saved
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 04:44   Link #126
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
Mobile Suit Zero Gundam

It's an alternate universe and story begins with "Operation Arc Terra", name of Mars colony system "DELTA"s first invasion/mass murder attempt against Earth. Because, Jupiter settled another powerful colony nation "OMEGA" was trying new military techs against "old enemy" DELTA and also Earth colonies was choose neutral statue against war. Fanatic Mars colony leaders is planned gaining totally under control Earth by "Operation Arc Terra" : Second plan is creating another annihilation fleet and broking down OMEGA's anti nuclear warship barrier system, destroying almost unrivaled Mobile Suit/Mobile Armor technology and defeating powerful Jovian Neotypes.

In Operation Arc Terra Chronicle's 3rd year, Earth and another neutral leaders become totally desperate and his trump card, 7 united new generation Mobile Suit prototypes named Mobile Suit "Gundam" test type series, founded and hijacked by Delta corps. But one unit, (ancestor of 7 Gundam) secretly recovered and transferred Earth Federation's last remnants ("Terra Defense Corps") secret base at Salt Lake plains at nearly Ankara (formerly, capital of Republic of Turkey) : From this event, DELTA Corps learns Terra Defense Corps's potential and possibility another new generation Mobile Suits, therefore, OMEGA attack plan delayed and expand Arc Terra priority.

Mysterious Neotype pilot and A.R.M.S. organization agent Zero "Akuma" Blade transferred TDS base and assigned original pilot of MS-00 "Zero Gundam" and story expands...

CHARACTERS:

TERRA DEFENCE CORPS:

Zero Blade:
A mysterious pilot has no past... Black haired, 29 years old, knows 4 languages and high rank Aikido and have "close perception" (a sort of "realistic-sixth sense") ability. Asocial, vindictive and wise tactician. Hired by A.R.M.S., mysterious international hi tech, military materials and medical corporation and also sponsor of TDS.

Murat:
Mysterious leader of A.R.M.S. and only have man knowing Zero's true identity. Black haired, always sunglassed, long height and heavy. He have a ARMS Gear prototype (a sort of nano suit change device) Also fan of swordplay series and oldschool anime era. 30 years old.

Kohei Murakami
First newcoming pilot character. Assigned MS-00's customized trial model prototype MS-00 "Kaixa Gear" : Untrust to Zero, but he'll become "hardboiled partner" of Zero. Black haired, athletic, sharpshooter and another agent member of A.R.M.S. 30 years old. (Trivial crossover of Kamen Rider 555 actor Kohei Murakami)

Junko Yamato
Adopted daughter of Yamato clan, another sponsor of TDS and founder Trial/Mass production project. Individual partner, furious teammate and "dangerous" genious. Second leader of first TDS fleet. (After the Zero's M.I.A., become to team leader) Piloted by MS-01 "Neo Alpha", unofficial clone type MS-01. Black haired, shyperson, jealousy and master of many martial arts. 21 years old.

Shizuka Sakura
Supreme commander of JSDF, main root of TDS. Agrressive and foreseeing woman commander. And also captain of newly build space battlecruiser "Arc Yamato" and pilot of MS-00 "Caucasus" (Full Armor and "accel system" equipped variant of MS-00 Kaixa) Black haired, eyeglassed and badass voiced. 32 years old.

Jang Shi-ul Sung
Transferred by South Korea airfleet. "Lone wolf" souled, hotblooded survival expert and stubborn. Black haired , Judo master and athletic. Test pilot of first mass production type, MS-00A "Riot Trooper Gear", and later, he becomes first TDS fleet pilot recruitment instructor. Old tokusatsu series fan. Lately appear master of disquise abilities. 22 years old. (Trivial crossover of Banba Sokichi from J.A.K.Q.)

Rei Sekai
17 years old. Transferred by TDS E.S.P. Bureau, Ocenic colony "Tokyo-0" : High grade potential Neo Type. Silent and fragile. Blue haired. She's special ability is healer, persuader or attacker nano machine generation on body and it's generated by her rage or mind stress. She reminds Zero but a little bit. Recruited for mobile backup device/tiny mobile armor MS-00Z "Core Striker", a unit stable carrying sort of equipment packs.

...to be continued...

Last edited by Akuma_Blade; 2010-03-20 at 05:32.
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 06:08   Link #127
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i'll just say that all your ideas are awesome.
i cant really contribute cause my imagination is 0.
but i can say that gundam would be better if added depth and believebility. like EVA(depth) or robotech(not the anime. the english book series, whole different universe, 10 times more realistic than gundam or eva )
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:07   Link #128
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Back from the dead again, now another idea i had brewed to make a dark AU gundam

Spoiler for Mobile Suit Gundam: Call of War:
Old 2010-07-08, 17:12   Link #129
fizzmaister
The Tall One

A live action, multi-season epic, retelling of UC, that doesn't suck like G-Savior. Put in as much as is feasibly possible (manga, msv, games). MSG will be retold picking and choosing from series, movies, and novel cannon, and Gundam: The Origin. Zeta would follow the series. I don't know whether CCA should follow the novel, the movie of the novel, or the novel of the movie of the novel (High Streamer, CCA, Beltorchika's Children respectively). And overall fill in some plot holes (and one plot crater, 0083 I'm looking at you).
Old 2010-07-10, 02:19   Link #130
JC...
I am a Pie

If I could I'd make a C.D.A animation, It'd be a good movie I think, especially if its graphics were on par with Gundam Unicorn.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:53   Link #131
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

More realism would be good. Having giant humanoid robots make no sense at all as its not efficient. Might as well go with the thousands of funnels/fins/fangs you would make with one mobile suit. Got to solve that problem with a reason first.

Also to remove plot armor and make death a possibility, the entire story should not focus on any single pilot.

So first off the logical reasons

Humans are still needed as pilots (rather than AIs running loose or drone systems) for the following reasons
i) an incident much like the Ghost fighter incident in Macross happened, making AI in a direct combat role outlawed.
ii) AI programs constantly follow a fixed pattern. Counter AI programs which can decode the formula used by the AI in 10 seconds, rendering the AI controlled military assets easily destroyed.
iii) advanced communication jamming systems prevent drone systems from being of any use

Mobile suits are built in humanoid shapes for the following reasons
i) Ease of training. Learning to drive a disc shaped saucer tank takes about 3 years longer than the more natural mobile suits and users are unabile to replicate the reflexive motions
ii) The new control systems are linked to the user's neural waves. Exposure of about a year to a shape that is not the pilots natural shape, causes insanity, loss of motor control out of cockpit or in cases, death from brain/body rejection
iii) Good offense is now standard military doctrine. To reduce costs, all weapons are self contained with their own ammunition or power plants. Obselete mobile suits are "upgraded" by giving them the latest weapons. Their defensive systems and armor are still terrible by the new doctrine views this as an acceptable trade off. The availability of hands makes this "upgrading" a breeze.

Storywise
The story starts with Earth Fed male pilot X with a haro as his on-board navigator (like an autopilot) in his Gundam.

Pilot X starts off looking good like he's got plot armor. His good friend and wingman Pilot A gets introduced. In episode 3, Pilot A bites it, covering the retreat of his division. In episode 6 pilot X, successfully rescues a passenger ship near a still ongoing battle after great effort. Unfortunately, a shot by a Zaku hits the ships fuel tanks, blowing up the passenger ship and Pilot X.

The haro is recovered by the Colony Rebel salvage team and transferred to a new Zaku (yay new gunpla) and Colony Rebel female pilot Y is introduced. Pilot Y is pretty emotionless due to losing her husband in a battle just before getting the new Zaku. So pilot Y gets to know her new team, develops a relation with pilot B with a possibility of getting over her sadness.

In a battle Pilot B gets an engine hit losing all power and is about to get shot by 6 or 7 Gundams. Pilot Y rams into Pilot B's suit, setting him drifting at high speed away. Then she bites it from the combined firepower. Pilot B gets the haro after he is rescued and a Colony rebel salvage operation recovers it.

Viewers at this point will probably be unhappy possibly to the point of throwing things, but that should bring about the realism of war and that its not a romantic thing where some heroes are immortal.

The contrasting views of the 2 factions would also be shown. The Earth Fed would be shown as being the "right" faction, trying to stop the ruthless terrorists of the Colony Rebs who kill indiscrimately. In the second half, we would see the harsh exploitation of the colonists by the Earth Feds, resulting in some banding together to form the Colony Rebs.

Both sides see themselves as right and brings forth the point to the viewer that there is no absolute right. Who is right in the end is up to the viewer's own subjective reasoning.

Last edited by FlavorOfLife; 2010-10-05 at 03:54.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote