Old 2014-04-23, 13:11   Link #4061
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Started playing Valkyria Chronicles 3.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 14:49   Link #4062
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After a brief research on japanese kana, I started playing Final Fantasy type-0. I was surprised to see that the game took a lot of hate online...because it is, without a doubt, the best Final Fantasy title I have played! (and I've played them all xD)

Obviously I don't understand half of the game, which bums me out whenever I fail an S.O., but it's enough to figure out menus, skills, items, weapons and some of the character interactions. I've heard that it features an extensive NG+, so I will wait for a translation before delving in that far...would be a shame not to get the full story.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 00:10   Link #4063
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I've started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 (PS3), I just completed Mission 02: Omega Base.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 22:03   Link #4064
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Been playing Mabinogi for a while and Im on/off playing DotA 2 with bots.

On the flip side finally got a chance to play other games on steam.

Team Fortress 2, Narcissu(Visual Novel) and Archeblade.
Old 2014-04-28, 19:10   Link #4065
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
After a brief research on japanese kana, I started playing Final Fantasy type-0. I was surprised to see that the game took a lot of hate online...because it is, without a doubt, the best Final Fantasy title I have played! (and I've played them all xD)

Obviously I don't understand half of the game, which bums me out whenever I fail an S.O., but it's enough to figure out menus, skills, items, weapons and some of the character interactions. I've heard that it features an extensive NG+, so I will wait for a translation before delving in that far...would be a shame not to get the full story.
Personally I find Square Enix's portable games are great. Haven't tried Type-0 yet due to the language but I expect it'll be great anyway since I'm very satisfied with Dissidia Duodecim and The 3rd Birthday.

Currently playing lent games from my friend. Still playing Dead or Alive 5 [PS3] on higher difficulties in addition to Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 [PS3] recently. The game's better than I thought despite being a barebones RPG and I'm enjoying it.
Old 2014-04-30, 13:38   Link #4066
T-6000

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! I've FINALLY unlocked the AK-103 In Warface! I've always wanted this weapon ever since I first played Warface and now I HAVE it! This baby is going to be my new favorite weapon (The Tavor will still be my second favorite)! The newst weapon I am set to unlock is the MP7. I'm tempted to unlock this weapon (especially being a Half-Life fan), but I think it's probably be better if I first unlocked the rest of the Rare attachments. Besides, I've made it a policy to not unlock too many ultra rare weapons since repairing them can be very expensive.

I'm also thinking about giving Diablo 3 another try. To be honest, I'm finding the normal difficulty of Path of Exile a bit too boring since it seems a tad too easy. I've heard that Cruel and Merciless difficulties are harder and more challenging, but I don't want to wallow through an entirely boring gameplay difficulty just to get to the next one.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 08:15   Link #4067
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
Been playing Mabinogi for a while and Im on/off playing DotA 2 with bots.
How's the game doing these days? I've always loved playing it, but you could travel for hours without meeting a single person outside Dunbarton...

As for me, currently playing:

Vindictus, pushing my 9yr toaster to the limit, but it's still quite fun for short periods of time

Tears to Tiara (PC), next on my VN spree. Loved the anime but postponed playing the game for a long time because I kept hearing horrors about the combat system; I don't find it so bad actually. In fact, it's kind of refreshing.
Spoiler:
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:01   Link #4068
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

vita - Demon Gaze
comments: finally beaten the main story of the game in 48 hrs. i'm now on post game ready
for the Aries & Quasar battle. my current party is working well for me and i have
been using it through out the whole game:

front row - paladin by herself, backrow - gazer, ranger, wizard and healer.
demons - Mars (atk up), Chronos (def up) & Uranus (light veil+hit up and she also hits hard beside Mars)

pretty fun game thus far and now, i'm looking forward to the post game. i might
try out new game+ with the hardest difficulty once i beaten the post game to see
how hard it'll be for masochisiness sake.

ps3 - SoulCalibur: Lost Swords
comments: was trying out this game since they brought back my fave character: Sophitia.
the game is pretty fun actually, but i really wish they just make this game like an expansion
to SV5 instead of the F2P model. one thing i really HATE about this game...is the constant
loading screens when you try to do anything. battles...loading...changing armors...loading...
going in and out of menus...loading...

that's pretty much how the game runs the whole time. i'll try playing this game for
maybe a few more hrs. and then just uninstalled it. their server's loading is killing
the fun out of this game. i won't be spending a penny on their micro transaction either.
if this was an expansion for single player offline, i would have bought it even if it's $20 or more.
but since it's F2p and plague with long loading time between everything you do in this game, no thanks.
Old 2014-05-03, 11:33   Link #4069
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Neptune Rebirth 2 (Vita) - Finally achieved the Normal and Lastation ending after grinding for Lilly ranks (Beaten around the 50 hour mark and game time is higher due to time to translate)… Apparently, I forgot about the disc making system as it can gain these ranks a lot quicker by using a Lilly rank boost chip. The final boss for the final ending was surprisingly not that hard although Ram and Nepgear got knocked out because of the boss's powerful attack.

Technically, you can basically get all the normal ending requirements (character endings) plus the True Ending with one save file. I have to play the game over since I missed some events, which locked me out to unlock any of the oracles, so I'm taking a break from that game for awhile.

Now, to play Atelier Ayesha Plus, which has been collecting dust for a few weeks.
Old 2014-05-11, 23:07   Link #4070
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

vita: Demon Gaze
comments: I beaten Quasar, finally. I heard he was going to be tough, so I grinded a little bit too
much and ended up pawning him too quickly. well, that's it for me with this game. I'm done and out.
there is nothing for me to do left. new game+ is kind of pointless and I'm not really a completionist.
at least this game provided me more than 50+hrs. of fun and I enjoy every second of it.

vita: Atelier Meruru+
comments: playing this game again on the vita since I didn't finish Meruru on the ps3.
i'll complete this game this time around. now with guide and faqs to help out on the journey
to make things more simple.

I'm currently at the point where I just gotten Mimi. following the guide, I can't use her
yet and stuck with Keina & Lias for awhile. oh meh, i'll have to continue on without Mimi for a long awhile.
also, not sure if they up the difficulty, but the bosses are surely much stronger in this game.
seriously, I was struggling to beat Prickly Bunny boss @ level 11. took me awhile and
with a decent strategy and a bit of luck to kick his sorry asses.

anywayso, the game is blast and fun.
Old 2014-05-15, 22:38   Link #4071
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm beating Metro: Last Light a second time, and after that, I'll finally get started on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Old 2014-05-16, 01:25   Link #4072
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Recently wrapped up my initial playthrough of Pokémon Black 2 to help out a friend migrate his Pokémon from Diamond, Platnium and HeartGold over to his copy of Pokémon X.
Seeing that, I snagged myself a brand new copy of Pokémon SoulSilver over on eBay, since it's pretty darn hard to find at a retail store these days.
Thanks to that, I now have a level 1 Palkia to train up over the course of the adventure, as well as capturing more Pokémon... though it will probably be some time before I decide to migrate my Pokémon from my older games (namely Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond, Black 2 and now SoulSilver) over to Pokémon X as well.
Old 2014-05-19, 01:52   Link #4073
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

current playing:

vita - Atelier Meruru+
comments: a bit of an update. after 50+ hrs., I finally reach my first normal ending against
that volcano boss. he was alright and didn't give too much challenge. of the 50+ hrs.,
I spent probably more than 30 hrs. just syncing stuffs. yeah seriously, this game make
you sync way too many stuffs. everything waste time, so as my 1st play-thru, I have to be careful with
not messing up with the ingredients.

things were pretty confusion since the guide was for 2nd play-thru and I was way behind on things and events.
but I somehow manage to catch up regardless. made all the development equipments for
Meruru. now she can travel that use less time, picking ingredients using less time, warp gate
to go back to the atelier. and it took me awhile, but I gotten all the good weapons and armors
for my guys on the next play-thru along with 3 speed belts to OP enemies.

I'm going to get the hot spring ending next, and then the youth ending from Astrid.
after that, I fight the Void Maiden (not sure how tough she'll be). and then I can finish
up with whatever I needed to do and sell all stuffs for money ready for next 50+ hrs.
to go back to where I'm at...maybe 30+hrs by skipping dialouges. looking forward to
the Makina Domain next game.

boss went down like burning potato. Meruru's with OP meteor, Mimi with her strong weapon,
and Totori with her OP duplicate spell that can copy my OP Elixer (heals XL, heals MP, heals XL to everyone) she pretty much can spam it infinitely.

had this song play during the fight...but it was the "Ver.0" of it. too bad youtube don't have that version.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Xefi; 2014-05-19 at 02:05.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 16:59   Link #4074
T-6000

I installed Counterstrike GO to give it another try yesterday, and to be honest while it's *not* a bad game (The gameplay is good and the weapons sound & feel terrific) it's not the game for me. In my near 19 years of PC Gaming, I've never been favorable with multiplayer in games & always preferring Singleplayer. The only 2 exceptions to this is if the game has coop (such as the PVE mode for Warface) and the Unreal Tournament series. I'll always favor a more focus and story driven singleplayer experience, as Multiplayer feels too disorganize, chaotic, and unfocused (and a little too ast paced, to boot) or my tastes. And on top o that, I'm not that good with multiplayer games, either. Hell, it says something when I go into Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch in PVP mode for Warface and I'm armed with rare or very rare weapons, only to get my ass kicked with players armed with common weapons.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 05:37   Link #4075
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Finished Touhou 14.3 days ago.
Now I'm playing Don't Starve and Kantai Collection on PC.
And began the rerape of Kid Icarus Uprising on 3DS.

I might go for another ride of 14.3 to capture all spell cards without using items, I have 60 of them, still missing some that seem possible.
Kaengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 13:47   Link #4076
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I've started playing Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PS3), I just completed Mission 05.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:16   Link #4077
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So inbetween bouts of playing Warframe, I've been trying to get into Hawken. But, it's difficult.

Not like the game has a steep learning curve, oh no. Battle-wise, I can do fairly well, so long as my team isn't a bunch of casual idiots. No, the problem with Hawken lies in its F2P platform.

Unlike Warframe, where despite buying with the Platinum (real cash substitute), nearly any Warframe or weapon can be acquired in a reasonable manner and timeframe with a little patience, in Hawken, you are all but forced to use real cash to buy anything of value in the game. When every weapon or mech is around the price of 8000 to 10k credits, it becomes impossible to acquire anything with the in-game currency, as battles only net you maybe 100 to 300 credits per round. You'd have to spend weeks of grinding nonstop just to buy one mech, and then it's another week or two of grinding just to buy the next weapon for that same mech.

It's despicable. At least Digital Extremes give the broke player's a chance to get things in-game--even the platinum-only purchases can be acquired, as players can trade platinum among one another. Hawken's Meteor Credits? No dice. I'm disgusted.
Old 2014-05-24, 04:14   Link #4078
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Actually it seems you have no experience with Hawken, as you level up mechs keep unlocking, by the time i reached level 10 i only needed to buy one mech, and upgrading my mainly used machine never was a problem. Hawken has one of the fairest systems around.
Old 2014-05-24, 04:51   Link #4079
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm level 16. But unlocking them don't mean shit if I can't buy them and be able to upgrade them.
Old 2014-05-24, 20:22   Link #4080
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Been playing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown [PS3] alongside Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 [PS3].

VF5FS is my 1st VF series and so far I'm amazed on this game, mainly due to how solid and concrete the rules and the systems are. I can see why many people regard the series as the best 3D fighter. The downside is the game's pretty much barebones.... not really much to do as it doesn't have story mode or some other fun gameplay modes. Although I heard that's how VF has always been, I kinda feel this is one of the contributing factor why the game isn't as popular as it deserves as it feels like the game's more tailored for hardcore fans. The game also feels very outdated in many aspects, including the graphic, sound effect, etc. I also feel the mechanic is reminiscent of the old games (many of them are based on rapid inputs rather than precise inputs), hence the difficulty, although it's what makes the game well-known for.

For Neptunia mk2, I'm trying to get the Platinum trophy. So I've been doing speed runs, including getting all the endings in 1 playthrough. Everything's going well so far and only the true ending, max-ing the levels, and the secret boss trophies are left. Last night before I go to sleep I played for a while to complete the conquest ending. And I kinda regret my decision since it got into my head and made me kinda difficult to sleep not a good way to end my saturday night indeed.