Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-30, 20:32   Link #321
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It will heal your heart. There is a bit of melancholy in the air, but it's mostly a feel-good show. There aren't as many sad moments as you'd expect from this sort of premise, at least not so far. This may change fast, with the addition of a new character this week. I have a bad feeling about this guy.

Oh and that's a nice pic befitting the purity of this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I guess that kind of depends. I find the show rather warm and sweet, and not quite as tear jerky as thought it might be. Only one scene in one episode made me actually tear up a bit, and I can be a bit of a cry baby. However, that last episode introduced an a new element that may add some drama to the story.
Sounds like something I need My lineup this season is more on the ridiculous side, I don't really have something warm and sweet to lower my hyperdrenaline
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 05:52   Link #322
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Nyantype's poster
As if Hase took a picture of her when she wasn't expecting it. Simply beautiful.

I like this one even more than the previous one.
Old 2014-06-01, 11:53   Link #323
Dextro
He Without a Title

Damn! That was even more brutal than I was expecting. My poor heart can't deal with things taking such a wrong turn right when it was getting close to perfect.

Poor Hase-kun

On the bright side my shipping goggles are now fully shipping Saki with Shougo.
Old 2014-06-01, 12:18   Link #324
Divini
Senpai!

When Fujimiya was skipping ahead to school saying "I have a feeling something good will happen today!" I was like "NO! TURN BACK NOW!"

... and then the worst possible thing happened. brb gonna cry for a week...
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 12:33   Link #325
bakaouji

All that work undone by one single word.

I guess Hase and the others have to start over again or just keep trying until she can remember everything again. She's got this huge mental block that's suppressing the good memories with the bad and I get the feeling that the cause is pretty insignificant after all. Kujo still seemed to be embittered by whatever it is that Fujimiya didn't do but he didn't look like he was holding a grudge against her.

Maybe he confessed to her and Fujimiya asked for some time to think over her reply. He might've later made her promise that she'd would give him an answer before he transferred to another city, but fortunately, Fujimiya got into an accident and couldn't make it to his house on the day he was about to leave.

Anyway, Hase's definitely got a long road ahead of him. I feel that he might just give up at one point and then Shougo would step in and give him the push he needs.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 13:10   Link #326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew something bad was going to happen, but that still hit me pretty hard. All these months of progress, gone in a flash. I hope she'll recover from this soon. Reading her diary should help. This just had to happen when everything was going perfectly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
On the bright side my shipping goggles are now fully shipping Saki with Shougo.
The Saki x Shougo scene was really good. It's so obvious Shougo is completely smitten with her. They made an odd couple, but I'm totally shipping these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Maybe he confessed to her and Fujimiya asked for some time to think over her reply. He might've later made her promise that she'd would give him an answer before he transferred to another city, but fortunately, Fujimiya got into an accident and couldn't make it to his house on the day he was about to leave.

Anyway, Hase's definitely got a long road ahead of him. I feel that he might just give up at one point and then Shougo would step in and give him the push he needs.
She only forgets her friends (including girl friends), so I'm pretty sure Hajime was her best friend. It wouldn't make sense for the origin of her trauma to be a guy who had a crush on her. I have no doubt Hajime (secretly) liked her because who wouldn't like such a cutie? but I don't think the promise was related to anything romantic.
Old 2014-06-01, 14:02   Link #327
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow... almost like a hard reset.

I also have a feeling it may be a long road, but then again Kaori does have the diary and the poster on her door, so....

Even so this event had me wondering even more what happened way back when. Perhaps Hajime was getting ready to move to Hokkaido and Kaori was running to see him off or something similar? Phrases like "traitor" kinda make me think romantic things were not the main issue.

Well, whatever happened it was in elementary school, and to hold a grudge for so long seems kinda... I dunno... petty? So perhaps there was something else entirely going on in addition to everything else for Hajime we don't know about and he might be uncomfortable speaking about - death in the family, breakup of parents, etc., that hit him hard and which made Kaori not showing up all the more painful. Something like that I could understand a little more....
Old 2014-06-01, 14:24   Link #328
ellessarr
Banned

finally the big bomb was dropped, lol, finally one of the most hated on debut character appear, man that was really a 180 degee change, lol for what i know from this point the anime is almost catching the manga translation, them i believe the 2 last episodes will be unpredictable, lol that is really a good serie, with i gonna miss when end.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 14:30   Link #329
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I did feel it was going to well, but still. What a kick in the nuts.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 15:49   Link #330
Somnus
Eh?

I gotta say, the first time this happened (when she lost her book), while stinging a bit- it was somewhat an expected event and the quick and simple resolution was predictable enough that any uneasiness could easily be alleviated. This time however, it just feels like a hard punch to the gut. While in the end it's the same effect, this time around the impact is so much more and I'm pretty sure my expression dropped alongside Hase's as soon as she asked who he was. Pulling away like that was pretty much kicking dirt in my face while I'm down.

Very well done episode, but as with all well done bad things I have this terrible aftertaste. Me no likey.

It also doesn't help that the entire episode was full of so much enjoyable fluff to build a teddy bear meant to be ripped away from you in an instant, ha ha ha.

Argh, what a painful week wait it will be!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Saki x Shougo scene was really good. It's so obvious Shougo is completely smitten with her. They made an odd couple, but I'm totally shipping these two.
Also, this. So much. Shogo's one of the best Bros I've ever seen in anime.
Old 2014-06-01, 18:01   Link #331
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Ah, goddamnit, it was so cruel, they give you fluffy scenes, and then they sucker punch you and kick you while you're down... so much work undone for a single guy with a petty grudge...
Also, holding a grudge for so long (since elementary school) it's petty, if not outright malevolous.
The one thing that I still enjoyed the episode for was Mama Kaori's reaction to finding her daughter and her (more than) friend in a somewhat compromising position and go all "I'm sorry, I'll leave the two of you alone, I still remember highschool"

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-06-01 at 19:20.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 19:38   Link #332
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, whatever was done to the new guy way back when better be a damn good reason; else, there'd be no reason other than to cause this 'big shock' to happen if its something flimsy like 'breaking a promise', when you were still in elementary school =0\.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 20:27   Link #333
Biohazardous

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT? This sucks all that progress he made. Even this episode he was making progress and BAM! its all gone. Think I'll join Divini and cry for a week. :'(

On another note he is probably the reason she is like this.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 20:58   Link #334
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Must say Shiho is awesome but that sucks all that work Yuuki did got reset
Old 2014-06-01, 21:05   Link #335
ices
Working Hard

Now it reminds me of my bitter memories in elementary school when I was called a traitor. I thinks it's really a hurtful thing to be called a traitor, especially for an elementary school kid.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 23:54   Link #336
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Oh jeez, poor Hase. :/ It's like everything was a summer dream. That cute scene with Kaori is like a tease right now.
Old 2014-06-02, 00:29   Link #337
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This is pretty much the event in the manga that made me hesitant to watch the anime for a while, since the translation came out the day the first episode did. ;-;

From the spoilers I've read of future chapters though, and if this anime is only 12 episodes long, I think we'll be seeing an anime original ending. Looking to see how they resolve this.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 00:43   Link #338
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For reasons I do not comprehend it was even worse animated than in the manga. Life sucks.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2014-06-02 at 06:16. Reason: please don't include such images...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 01:18   Link #339
Mubyoshi

Dammit, I was afraid of this! I was hesitant on watching this episode because I knew something bad was gonna happen. Honestly though, she probably needed this, might finally be able to recover her memories now.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 03:32   Link #340
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I was in for some dramatic development but even though I was expecting it, it still hit pretty hard. When Kaori woke up with that face I immediately realized her memories were gone.

Once she recalled Hajime and connected the dots with that day, her brain snapped. It's like there's a subconscious ban to accessing those memories in her head, so instead of dealing with it she had a short circuit and collapsed.

Sure, it was all very bad, but if Kaori wants to recover from the trauma, she has to deal with it. Right now it seems it's all connected to this Hajime guy, we don't know in which measure. If she can come to terms with Hajime (possibly unleashing the feelings of guilt I assume she's bearing) she may be able to overcome the problem. At that moment there's a stain in her past which is conditioning her present and future. If she could remove or at least polish that stain, things should be better.

Shougo is the man, secretly protecting Saki since elementary school. This series is pretty great with side characters since also Kaori's mother (voiced by the godly Nakahara Mai) is nothing short of amazing.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2014-06-02 at 04:20.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote