AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-17, 17:18   Link #601
Chosen_Hero

@Galaxian

What I was getting at was that it needed the rain itself not the move, I do have the game you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post
Then why didn't they just make Serena into a coordinator? They've given her a goal that's basically a ripoff of Contests with no battle round, and its also a girls-only event so there's no male participants.

We're just going to see Serena doing contest appeals...but no actual battling. Its bad enough it took her 47 episodes just to capture a single pokemon after her starter. No female companion was ever portrayed as being this weak and helpless a year into their respective saga.
So she doesn't battle, so what? This is still basically the same as being a coordinator only difference is that this is more in line with becoming an idol and showcasing her personal talents than just those of her pokemon like how contests do.

If you want to blame anything for these "girls only" events than blame otaku culture itself and the whole creating idols industry.

Lately you can't see an anime without one of the characters being an idol of some sort (by now it's become a cliché) or the anime itself is all about idols, so it was just a matter of time until pokemon added something similar and pokemon contest where just one of the ways they did it.

Look at the games, why do you think character customization and the whole pr videos things exists? Not just because they wanted to guve fans what they asked for with the customization but to find a way to incorporate the idol "experience" into the games, same with contests.

Would I like to see a female protagonist challenging gyms along side Satoshi? Sure, but it won't happen anytime soon, at least until someone over at wherever the anime is made and over at gamefreak starts using their minds and start figuring out how easy it actually is improve pokemon without repeating the same mistakes.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:32   Link #602
precita

Coordinators were always close to being idols too except they also battled. If the Contest episodes didn't have a battle round they would have likely bombed in the anime and they would have been abandoned quickly.

Serena not having a goal that involves battling is absurd and if she was introduced a decade ago in place of May or Dawn she would have likely received even more criticism than she is now. People only accept Serena because she came after Iris who a lot disliked, if Serena came after Dawn people would have viewed her as a bland step-down.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 19:51   Link #603
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Coordinators were always close to being idols too except they also battled. If the Contest episodes didn't have a battle round they would have likely bombed in the anime and they would have been abandoned quickly.

Serena not having a goal that involves battling is absurd and if she was introduced a decade ago in place of May or Dawn she would have likely received even more criticism than she is now. People only accept Serena because she came after Iris who a lot disliked, if Serena came after Dawn people would have viewed her as a bland step-down.
Contests were about showing off the pokemon (they only dress up to stand there giving orders), in XY it's about the pokemon and the trainer both showing off their talents and their closeness.

Like I said, so what if she doesn't want to battle? It's her choice (it's actually the writers choice but work with me here) and if her choice doesn't involve battling than it's fine. It's not like the anime is trying to degrade women or anything by not having Serena battle, heck isn't Kalos the region with the most female gym leaders?

Iris was a disaster so obviously any kind of character (as long as she was better) would have gotten the attention of the fans especially after all the bs they tried to shove into the fans faces.

No one cares if Serena battles or not as long as she has her own goal, just because she doesn't battle doesn't mean anything bad it's just that she is that kind of trainer.
Old 2015-01-17, 20:44   Link #604
precita

So then Serena will be known for being the weakest and worst battler among the female companions. How sad is it that Serena can only beat TR but against any actual trainer she would get destroyed.

I feel like I'm in the 1950's when females were expected to be housewives and take care of the children while men do everything. Serena is there to be Ash's trophy wife and eye candy.

This is surprising coming from you since Dawn is your favorite female and yet Dawn did the most on-screen battling of the girls both in and out of Contests. If anything Dawn was a girly character done right because she was also a battler.

Serena belongs in some harem idol anime.
Old 2015-01-23, 12:01   Link #605
dragon213

So how tiny of a chance do you guys think that ash will get together with Serena in XY?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 12:24   Link #606
dragon213

Quote:
So then Serena will be known for being the weakest and worst battler among the female companions. How sad is it that Serena can only beat TR but against any actual trainer she would get destroyed.

I feel like I'm in the 1950's when females were expected to be housewives and take care of the children while men do everything. Serena is there to be Ash's trophy wife and eye candy.

This is surprising coming from you since Dawn is your favorite female and yet Dawn did the most on-screen battling of the girls both in and out of Contests. If anything Dawn was a girly character done right because she was also a battler.

Serena belongs in some harem idol anime.
Do you think Dawn liked Ash as a guy?
Old 2015-01-23, 12:30   Link #607
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
So how tiny of a chance do you guys think that ash will get together with Serena in XY?
U have a better chance of pikachu evolving

Quote:
Do you think Dawn liked Ash as a guy?
I think Dawn respected Ash as a person and as a trainer. I think they were close friends but i wouldnt go so far as that. I think one of the main reasons Dawn x Ash is so notable is because you had Kenny involved who absolutely liked dawn and he felt that Ash was a rival for dawn but really i wouldnt say dawn liked him as a guy.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 12:35   Link #608
dragon213

[QUOTE=ImperialFlameGod8190;5413536]U have a better chance of pikachu evolving

I see that you mean with that but there is a lot of people who think it will happen this time, him getting together with a girl I mean also do you think this will be ash's final travel?
Old 2015-01-23, 12:40   Link #609
ImperialFlameGod8190

[QUOTE=dragon213;5413545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
U have a better chance of pikachu evolving

I see that you mean with that but there is a lot of people who think it will happen this time, him getting together with a girl I mean
Honestly i cant see it maybe the only reason that people want to give it hype is because of the fact that serena went out of her way to find Ash and the fact that they're having a "date". But the killer is this and its one of the more definite statements i'll make on the subject. In the 5 or 6 episodes that they had together they did a better job of pairing Ash with Korrina then they have with any other girl probably with the exception of Misty.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-01-27, 20:32   Link #610
precita

People usually ship every main girl with Ash, even Iris.

Plus the writers usually make one or two shipping episodes every saga where the main girl and Ash are accused of being a couple or in love, just to appeal to shippers.

But yeah, other than Misty at the beginning, Serena's the only one who has a blatant crush on Ash to the point where the writers make it noticeable and make whole episodes out of it.
Old 2015-01-28, 10:18   Link #611
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

Plus the writers usually make one or two shipping episodes every saga where the main girl and Ash are accused of being a couple or in love, just to appeal to shippers.

But yeah, other than Misty at the beginning, Serena's the only one who has a blatant crush on Ash to the point where the writers make it noticeable and make whole episodes out of it.
May i remind you of Anabel from Battle frontier but anyway. Lets see how things play out

Old 2015-01-29, 10:14   Link #612
Idealist 99

Hawlucha lost again !!!
Not only he was an Unnecessary Capture , He haven't done anything to make himself worth a capture .
But it seem The Animator themselves want us to hate Hawlucha.
I mean , Its Been 23 episode Since Hawlucha was caught But he won Just One battle by far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
May i remind you of Anabel from Battle frontier but anyway. Lets see how things play out
Just imagine Ash meeting a Rival like her !
That right ,Imagine Ash meeting A Mysterious and Beautiful Girl who can hear the voice of Pokemon heart !
Ash met her during Full moon night when he gone out to train and spot her outside looking at the moon .
Then She look at Ash and Say ''It Beautiful , The Voice of Your Pikachu's heart !

A girl like that will Overthrow Serena and Amourshipping in Just One episode.

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2015-01-29 at 10:49.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:44   Link #613
dragon213

I saw the preview of episode 59, you could see that when Ash and Serena got seperated from the others, that's how it looks anyway, and Serena realized this was kind of like a date, you could see that she really wanted to grab Ash's hand.

Also I wonder what he said when he near the end that seemed to shock Serena

Or maybe they went alone from the beginning and the pokemon went with clemont and bonnie so that they wouldn't know what the other two trainers were doing
Old 2015-01-29, 11:23   Link #614
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:

Ironically enough, Iris pairing was the least liked pairing ever next to Kenny x Dawn

Yah, this series is the first Pokemon series ever to give Ash x main girl pairing a real date alone without Pikachu, not even Misty got that kind of special treatment

This up coming episodes makes me feel like I'm watching a romantic comedy series instead

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 14:06   Link #615
bastek66

Take a look at Serena's hand
Images
blush
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-30, 12:43   Link #616
precita

I'm not much of a shipper but I think its amusing all the Misty fans/Pokeshippers are freaking out.

Ever since Misty got replaced by May, Misty fans have been crying since 2003 about Misty returning and "declaring her love for Ash." How ironic that the last 12 years has seen the writers turn the anime against the wishes of Misty fans in every way possible:

- Misty stayed off the main cast permanently since Johto ended in 2002.

- Misty's cameos/guest appearances stopped after Hoenn in 2005. From Battle Frontier onward she never physically showed up in an episode again beyond flashbacks.

- May and Dawn got bigger roles than Misty had in her time.

- Serena is introduced as Ash's new love interest and her crush on Ash is promoted far more than Misty's was.

Man when you stop to think about it, Misty fans really did get screwed over in just about every way possible. lol.
Old 2015-01-30, 17:24   Link #617
Idealist 99

Does Anyone Notice that Lysandre is the Narrator of ''Pokemon Mega Evolution Special''
Also , Megevolution Act 1 started with a battle between Mega Gyarados & Mega Abomasnow.
Both Pokemon has their own trainer.
I wonder if That Battle has anything to do with the story.
You know , Sometime An Anime start with foreshadowing a Future Battle.
So May be , Mega Gyarados vs Mega Adomasnow is future battle that will place in the TV Series or Special.
The Trainer of Mega Gyarados was Lysandre ! We already seen his boot during the battle.

Question is : Who is Mega Adomasnow's trainer ???

Sometime , I think Ash is the trainer of Mega Adomasnow and the Megevolution Special foreshadowing The future battle between Ash & Lysandre during upcoming Team Flare ark.
After all , Mega Adomasnow is Technically a Generation VI Grass Pokemon and Ash only left to catch a grass type.
A Wild Adomasnow did appeared in the game during One of Team Flare mission .
Old 2015-01-30, 20:07   Link #618
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
I'm not much of a shipper but I think its amusing all the Misty fans/Pokeshippers are freaking out.

Ever since Misty got replaced by May, Misty fans have been crying since 2003 about Misty returning and "declaring her love for Ash." How ironic that the last 12 years has seen the writers turn the anime against the wishes of Misty fans in every way possible:

- Misty stayed off the main cast permanently since Johto ended in 2002.

- Misty's cameos/guest appearances stopped after Hoenn in 2005. From Battle Frontier onward she never physically showed up in an episode again beyond flashbacks.

- May and Dawn got bigger roles than Misty had in her time.

- Serena is introduced as Ash's new love interest and her crush on Ash is promoted far more than Misty's was.

Man when you stop to think about it, Misty fans really did get screwed over in just about every way possible. lol.
Actually, I haven't seen or heard from a Pokeshipper for a while. At this point they must have given up, not even a complaint over this episode.

Also, the last episode of BW kind of had Orange shipping become canon too in a way so yahXD I really hope this episode makes Ash x Serena as canon as May x Drew was in AG, what are the odds of that?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 21:53   Link #619
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Actually, I haven't seen or heard from a Pokeshipper for a while. At this point they must have given up, not even a complaint over this episode.

Also, the last episode of BW kind of had Orange shipping become canon too in a way so yahXD I really hope this episode makes Ash x Serena as canon as May x Drew was in AG, what are the odds of that?
I don't know 0.00000000000001% maybe? We all know how dense ash is when it comes to love and romance

Last edited by dragon213; 2015-01-30 at 22:05.
Old 2015-01-30, 23:30   Link #620
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Does Anyone Notice that Lysandre is the Narrator of ''Pokemon Mega Evolution Special''
Also , Megevolution Act 1 started with a battle between Mega Gyarados & Mega Abomasnow.
Both Pokemon has their own trainer.
I wonder if That Battle has anything to do with the story.
You know , Sometime An Anime start with foreshadowing a Future Battle.
So May be , Mega Gyarados vs Mega Adomasnow is future battle that will place in the TV Series or Special.
The Trainer of Mega Gyarados was Lysandre ! We already seen his boot during the battle.

Question is : Who is Mega Adomasnow's trainer ???

Sometime , I think Ash is the trainer of Mega Adomasnow and the Megevolution Special foreshadowing The future battle between Ash & Lysandre during upcoming Team Flare ark.
After all , Mega Adomasnow is Technically a Generation VI Grass Pokemon and Ash only left to catch a grass type.
A Wild Adomasnow did appeared in the game during One of Team Flare mission .
Usually i like your speculations but that one not so much. As many in game events that have had Lucario speculation mega Abomasnow is a hilarious idea but its never gonna happen

Quote:
I don't know 0.00000000000001% maybe? We all know how dense ash is when it comes to love and romance
Look they say Ash is gonna have a date until i watch the episode i dont believe 1 iota of them having an actual date that both agree on