AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-16, 06:41   Link #101
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

waaaaa i was downloading episode 2 when the thing just disappeares. It went from 20 seeds to 0 in a second.

Teach me to rush for it :P guess i have to wait for Mahou to release theirs, hope it isnt to long.

No idea why they used .ogm, i hate ogm it never works properly in media player10 for some reason
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 08:45   Link #102
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar
Indeed. But a lot of people also forget that if you use one system for one name, then you should also use the same system for other names, and it's better in general to use what people recognize most.

And judging by that they use Hepburn for the title (Tsukuyomi) officially vs Kunrei or Nippon (Tukuyomi), I say Hepburn is the "official" romanization system for Moon Phase. It was also Tsukuyomi in the manga as far as I can remember.

Therefore Hazuki has to be the correct spelling, and other names should follow Hepburn as well
it's a known fact that the japanese cannot romanize their own language, just like americans would have trouble converting their words to katakana (i know first hand how much of a bitch converting my own NAME to katakana can be...)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:14   Link #103
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
waaaaa i was downloading episode 2 when the thing just disappeares. It went from 20 seeds to 0 in a second.

Teach me to rush for it :P guess i have to wait for Mahou to release theirs, hope it isnt to long.

No idea why they used .ogm, i hate ogm it never works properly in media player10 for some reason
Yeah, the entire torrent just halted for everyone at 58.7% 'cause there are no seeds.
usbport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:41   Link #104
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
it's a known fact that the japanese cannot romanize their own language, just like americans would have trouble converting their words to katakana (i know first hand how much of a bitch converting my own NAME to katakana can be...)
While that is true, Hepburn is by far the most used system in the western world, so there's really not much reason to not use Hepburn when talking about Moon Phase on this forum, or in fansubs intended for a western audience.

(Since this is not a good place to discuss Hepburn vs others, I'll leave that topic alone from now )
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:47   Link #105
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbport
Yeah, the entire torrent just halted for everyone at 58.7% 'cause there are no seeds.
kinda sucks, all you leachers reseed it!!! :P i need my cute fix :P

Dang man, nearly 1500 downloads and none have reseeded, thats lame

Why ogm though, its a horrid format ive found. I end up having to watch it in DivX or Media Clasic. I prefer Media Player 10 since i can make play lists and stuff, and its what i know

Hopefully someone will reseed this, or Mahou will release their version.

*sacrafices a clove of garlic to the great Mahou god in the sky*
Old 2004-10-16, 10:44   Link #106
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Just watched ep1 and I must say that this is one nice anime to watch this autumn. Though this is my first loligoth anime to watch, I'm very sure that I'll be hooked with this series in no time. I better keep my eyes over this, for Hazuki-chan.

and yeah, the download stucks bcoz of no seeds. Ouch...

p/s: my friend was like "wtf" when he saw its opening. Neko Mimi Mode~!! XD
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 10:48   Link #107
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

My connection died halfway through uploading.

I didn't expect this to happen at all, I just turned on the superseed and went to bed. The torrent should return to normal in an hour or so.

Sorry, guys!

Quote:
Why ogm though, its a horrid format ive found. I end up having to watch it in DivX or Media Clasic. I prefer Media Player 10 since i can make play lists and stuff, and its what i know
Here's a tip for you.
1. Open up Media Player Classic
2. Go to "View"
3. Go to "Playlist"
Now you can stop using Microsoft's goddamn worthless media player.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 13:05   Link #108
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Hazuki is sooooo cute

Awsome episode and yet again awsome music. I love the music in this show, even the opeining is growing more and more on me.

Eagerly looking forward to episode 3.

Hazuki can come live with me anytime :P
Old 2004-10-16, 13:14   Link #109
seaweb

Tsukuyomi...THTA question again!

OK. say I have ADDs of somthing, but about .ogm files again...are these the ones I can just change the file extension to .avi and I'm fine to go? Sorry for asking everytime. WAIT!

Two posts ahead of me...there's the answer!

ADDs really IS a posibility...
seaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 13:22   Link #110
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I just saw the first epidose. WTF kind of opening theme is that??

I like it!
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 13:23   Link #111
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweb
OK. say I have ADDs of somthing, but about .ogm files again...are these the ones I can just change the file extension to .avi and I'm fine to go?
OGM is a different container from AVI. If I had released AVI, I would have put AVI in the filename instead of OGM. There is no filetype that you can just change the name to make it magically work.

This file will open and work in Media Player Classic or any other half-decent media player.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 13:25   Link #112
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweb
OK. say I have ADDs of somthing, but about .ogm files again...are these the ones I can just change the file extension to .avi and I'm fine to go?
Err... yes and no, changing the extension does't mean you won't have to install the relevent codec/filter/whatever.

You can use ogm demuxer to separate the flux, and Virtual dub to create a true avi file, still...
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 14:52   Link #113
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Just saw episode 02:
Hurray! More cool magic fights, although their graphical effects not on par, as say, the magic effects in Scrapped Princess. You know, as I watch and listened to the intro a few more times, the intro feels strangely hypnotic. It feels like I'm brainwashed by cute/moeness of Hazuki...note to self, skip intro from now on .

Oh yeah, here's my contribution to this serie's gif making:

I somehow found her twiddling her fingers so overwhelmingly cute. I'd use it, but I'm happy with my avatar right now. Speaking of avatars, ashibaka, your avatar reminds me of a dirty dirty 4chan phrase that I'll leave you to your imagination/discovery heh heh
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 15:13   Link #114
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
We definitely need more of Hazuki-chan's cutenes. :lol: And that reminds me of the intro *is brainwashed by the overwhelming cuteness of Hazuki*
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 15:34   Link #115
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Just saw episode 02:
Hurray! More cool magic fights, although their graphical effects not on par, as say, the magic effects in Scrapped Princess. You know, as I watch and listened to the intro a few more times, the intro feels strangely hypnotic. It feels like I'm brainwashed by cute/moeness of Hazuki...note to self, skip intro from now on .

I somehow found her twiddling her fingers so overwhelmingly cute. I'd use it, but I'm happy with my avatar right now. Speaking of avatars, ashibaka, your avatar reminds me of a dirty dirty 4chan phrase that I'll leave you to your imagination/discovery heh heh
Sanffled!!!

i've been after a decent avatar since i joined, but sont know how to make them now i have a cute one . Just need a matching sig and im all set Thanks
Old 2004-10-16, 15:57   Link #116
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Just saw episode 02:

I bet he already knows about it, don't you Ashibaka? :P

Also, strangely enough Hazuki seems to have black hair here : didn't she had blue hair?
I've seen a few fanart of her already (even some that change the eyes colors!) where she had blue hair and I think her hair seems kinda blue on the main site (still can't download the anime itself since nobody will let me use bt on their computer :/ )
Old 2004-10-16, 16:16   Link #117
Blaat

Is it wrong to say that I'm constantly rewatching the opening?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 16:43   Link #118
TronDD
Team the box!

First time I saw the OP, I thought it was the dumbest thing.

I can't get enough of it now. It's stuck in my head. Must be some sort of subliminal mind control. We'll all be zombies by the end of the series.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 16:53   Link #119
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Is there any way I can watch this 'famous' OP without downloading the whole episode? I simply don't have the bandwidth right now... >_<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 17:49   Link #120
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

OGM is fine....but why 233MB? OH THE HUMANITY! Hopefully when I cut the OP/ED I can still get 4 per cd.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen