AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-12, 23:01   Link #1
sl33p
Inactive Member

That spirally thing on Naruto

yea i was having an argument with someone about this thing on naruto's left arm i believe. it also has a sort of red thing hanging from it too. at first i thought it was some sort of marker but that was only a guess so really.. what is it
Old 2003-12-12, 23:10   Link #2
GreyArea
Meatf***er

A bit of his costume that look cools and has no purpose.

Like I dont think half the cast are actually injured and need to wear bandages...
Old 2003-12-12, 23:16   Link #3
Ichiban Hokage

Send a message via AIM to Ichiban Hokage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
A bit of his costume that look cools and has no purpose.

Like I dont think half the cast are actually injured and need to wear bandages...
I think most of them have the bandages on beneath the kunai sheaths that are on their legs, I guess a comfort value? Keep from chaffing? And, well, it must always be a useful way to carry bandages by wearing them. Even though no one ever seems to use bandages to actually ... bandage.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:20   Link #4
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Yeah, I've always assumed bandages were for healing, not tying people up and hurling them to the ground.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:28   Link #5
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
bah... actually used for healing? it's all about style you know. same with naruto's marker/spiral thingy.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:31   Link #6
Ichiban Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrihr
bah... actually used for healing? it's all about style you know. same with naruto's marker/spiral thingy.
Heh, it's a Gai/Lee admire & copy complex that effects every ninja. One Jounin happened to come in one day with bandages for no reason, and started a Konoha fad.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:32   Link #7
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Kakashi fell in the shower.

And you know everyone wants to be like Kakashi.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:33   Link #8
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Bandages are cool. >_<
I wish I had some...
Old 2003-12-13, 00:19   Link #9
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
well, the thing that hangs down ... i have no idea .. but the spiral thing on his shoulder is seen on alot of different close in konoha ... sum of the ninja's have in on there shoulders 2 .. i think, but i'm just going off of memory right now
Old 2003-12-13, 00:44   Link #10
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Bet'cha one of the first two Hokages, the two that founded the Hidden Village of the Leaf, was and Uzumaki.
Old 2003-12-13, 03:21   Link #11
YuTz2003

The Marker looking thing is actually like a camel pack. His suit can hold water in it. And he can drink from it like a straw.
Old 2003-12-13, 03:35   Link #12
Elysium
できるから。。。

Send a message via AIM to Elysium
Naruto's name literally means "spiral," so the spiral on his belly and on his shirt are just representative of his name, I suppose.
Old 2003-12-13, 04:29   Link #13
Izlude
Sharingan!

Neji does the whole bandage-fad justice, he's just a downright pimp.

As for the spiral, I can only assume that what was said by Elysium is correct.

My personal theory was that it was just his symbol. He has it on his belly, representative of the Kyubi seal, and he took that as his symbol. Much like the symbol on the back of Sasuke's jacket, just representative of them.
Old 2003-12-13, 04:40   Link #14
Ichiban Hokage

I say it looks like the pulling string for inflating a floatation device. Maybe Naruto's jacket can double as a raft in times of desperate need.
Old 2003-12-13, 07:33   Link #15
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Naruto's name literally means "spiral," so the spiral on his belly and on his shirt are just representative of his name, I suppose.
Yes, but all around the village you see the same spiral. Even the Konoha symbol is a spiral.
Old 2003-12-13, 13:50   Link #16
sl33p
Inactive Member

LOL ok i think half of you misread my post.. i dont care about the bandages. just that thing on his arm
Old 2003-12-13, 14:04   Link #17
Low
Fukushusha

Send a message via AIM to Low
Naruto

Uzumaki means spiral. Naruto is the fishcake in ramen with the pink spiral in it. That's why he thing on his left shoulder looks like them, and why he likes ramen so much.

Case closed.

Before I realized this, I thought maybe it was a tiny gong or something to alert people of invasion, but that would be silly, seeing as Naruto is wearing it.
Old 2003-12-13, 16:11   Link #18
reymysteriojr

I thought the red thing on narutos jacket was a swirl pertaining to his name that someone had mentioned meant swirl or fish with a swirl on another thread. yeah neji is a bandage wearing pimp..maybe besides being cool the bandages are suppose to mean they trained so hard and recovering? or something or just lazy to take off the bandages after they heal.thought that was a pen that hung from his coat.
Old 2003-12-13, 16:38   Link #19
Zeratul
n00bie

ninja clothes are cool
Old 2003-12-13, 16:53   Link #20
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low
Uzumaki means spiral. Naruto is the fishcake in ramen with the pink spiral in it. That's why he thing on his left shoulder looks like them, and why he likes ramen so much.

Case closed.
There's also a series of whirpools off the coast of Japan called the Naruto Uzumaki.

But sl33p was wondering why Naruto's spiral is also seen on the backs of the Konoha Chuunin and Jounin vests, and in many other place, such as the center of the Leaf itself.

And what I was thinking is that one of the founding Hokage was an Uzumaki, and that the spirals all around the village were his design. Maybe a consolation prize for being the Second Hokage instead of the First, since the Second looks more like Naruto.
Closed Thread