AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 22:41   Link #221
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Based on your comment, you seem like you want to read by yourself, but if you want to know

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 22:41   Link #222
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

its nice character arent safe, this keeps one thrilled about what could happen next, and better is that there are no changes of heart so overused nowadays, that in the end the cast gets absurdly big with characters you dont even care.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:44   Link #223
NeutralZero

It really is nice to characters from the Mc's group dies compare to other series even if its sad but... how did the author do it?
Is his way of picking who to killed of next in the clash of the protagonist's side and the empire's by his will or by lottery-like system? kinda curious about that...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:37   Link #224
Iron Maw
Banned

Like every other aspect of a story, deaths are based on what serves/drives the plot, characters and theme at that given point in time. Most Mangakas usually have events like that planned long beforehand. This series death toll isn't particularly high compared to some of other manga in genre, but it does well evoking a real sense of danger and unpredictability in battles. While the main characters are strong they aren't invincible, nor antagonists simple pushovers. Furthermore they're Assassins, a line of work that's very high risk, full of strife and emotional turmoil. This something that naturally comes with that territory.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:03   Link #225
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
It really is nice to characters from the Mc's group dies compare to other series even if its sad but... how did the author do it?
Is his way of picking who to killed of next in the clash of the protagonist's side and the empire's by his will or by lottery-like system? kinda curious about that...
He killed Schere because she was the nicest person on the team, and nothing says "shit got real" like killing someone who a few pages ago had been acting as moral support for the MC.

He killed Braht because he needed a Teigu to give to Tatsumi, and because he looks like Kamina.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:12   Link #226
Soji

^ talking about next ch. I know we are close to this one...but I have a question and wonder if some one else wonder this like me.
Spoiler for ch 14:

Last edited by Soji; 2012-05-30 at 11:27.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:33   Link #227
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^
Well, that teigu, Inclusio was created with material from the most ferocious beast in the world aka the strongest rare species according to the manga (they use rare species instead of monster). I don't know about what seems to appear behind Tatsumi when he activated it though, need translation on that part.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:30   Link #228
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

From the spoilers it appears when Tatsumi grabbed the sword, the aura of that thing behind him is showed. So maybe the sword Tatsumi is holding onto is a Teigu. Though the beast looking thing reminds me of that Ax guy who craves the experience of fighting. I most likely think it is one of the big 3, which is the Ax guy.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:34   Link #229
Soji

Reaper@ The sword /teigu
Spoiler for spoiler:

Kleeyook@ Thanks for the explanation and yeah we need the traslation to understand better.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-30, 14:36   Link #230
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Monstrous looking aura from the sword then, sure brings down the intimidation element in the fight rather easily. Can't wait to read it, base off the translation that are coming out, I may not wait too long to read it.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:43   Link #231
Soji

^ exactly that's why i'm curios about this.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-30, 15:50   Link #232
Ddraig

My guess would be that Tatsumi have more compatibility with that type of Teigu, the type with spirit beast inside. Remember what Night Raid leader said there's no Teigu that believe to be stronger than the other. Each person compatibiliy give rise to its strenght.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 15:52   Link #233
Raxnom
気疲れ

There is translation for chapter 14 on mangahelpers, so expect there will be soon a scan either from hello scans or someone else. Read it and it made me even more sadder
Old 2012-05-30, 15:59   Link #234
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It gets better no worries, the thing about this Manga is it suppose to seem real. Aside for the special Teigu weapons, this manga reflects things that happen in the old age of civilization. This manga takes the life of an Assassin and it shows the good and the bad with the job. Though I find the torture disturbing, I have read worst from history which included the reign of Vlad the Impaler, the Crusades, and the Inquisitions.
Old 2012-05-30, 16:07   Link #235
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Like every other aspect of a story, deaths are based on what serves/drives the plot, characters and theme at that given point in time. Most Mangakas usually have events like that planned long beforehand. This series death toll isn't particularly high compared to some of other manga in genre, but it does well evoking a real sense of danger and unpredictability in battles. While the main characters are strong they aren't invincible, nor antagonists simple pushovers. Furthermore they're Assassins, a line of work that's very high risk, full of strife and emotional turmoil. This something that naturally comes with that territory.
My random guess is the character who will not die are the character who's in front cover, at least for a long time.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:22   Link #236
Soji

Reaper @ You really remind me that one.Vlad the Impaler was really one of the worse .
Anyway I read the traslation of ch 14 that is on MH. Now it's more clear
Spoiler for Ch 14:
Old 2012-05-30, 16:37   Link #237
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The worst in my opinion is the Inquisitions, makes the torture in this Manga child play.
Spoiler for Confused:
Old 2012-05-30, 16:42   Link #238
Soji

I'm really think
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-30, 16:59   Link #239
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Hellraiser has the worst torture I've ever seen. I don't like it that much though since I think the art is too inconsistent and not my taste.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 18:25   Link #240
whsie

About braht's teigu
Spoiler for Teigu:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!