AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-18, 04:11   Link #1621
JW1

Hisa looking stronger than I anticipated. Of course, after yesterday's shenanigans one has to take these totals with a pinch of salt, but if she wins that basically guarantees 6 of 8 quarterfinalists for Saki.
Old 2012-10-18, 05:20   Link #1622
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Saimoe 2012 is really turning into a Saimoe 2011. I didn't really like Saimoe 2011 (and this is coming from a huge Madoka fan) since I like variety. I like having different factions and not a "really strong faction" and an "anti-of the really strong faction". The thing with this is, the more the Saki faction starts owning Saimoe and turning this into Sakimoe, the more that this is tournament is turning into just another Saki poll which this tournament really isn't. I really think the strict IP bans is the cause of this lack of diversity. Saimoe is getting so self-centered and closed that fresh air won't come in anymore (even though Madoka was a new series last year, I never felt any sort of fresh air coming in). The voters left might just be Saki fans in the end.

I think Saimoe 2010 is still the best Saimoe in terms of the variety of characters represented in the Top 8 (of course I'm talking post 2007 era) and while it ended up being a K-ON VS Rie fanfare, it was very interesting all throughout.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:00   Link #1623
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Saimoe 2012 is really turning into a Saimoe 2011. I didn't really like Saimoe 2011 (and this is coming from a huge Madoka fan) since I like variety. I like having different factions and not a "really strong faction" and an "anti-of the really strong faction". The thing with this is, the more the Saki faction starts owning Saimoe and turning this into Sakimoe, the more that this is tournament is turning into just another Saki poll which this tournament really isn't. I really think the strict IP bans is the cause of this lack of diversity. Saimoe is getting so self-centered and closed that fresh air won't come in anymore (even though Madoka was a new series last year, I never felt any sort of fresh air coming in). The voters left might just be Saki fans in the end.

I think Saimoe 2010 is still the best Saimoe in terms of the variety of characters represented in the Top 8 (of course I'm talking post 2007 era) and while it ended up being a K-ON VS Rie fanfare, it was very interesting all throughout.
They're going to have to open up the tournament to make it fair and proper. And perhaps, more legit.

Is it Monday yet?
(for those of you who don't watch MNF, you won't get the joke.)

Spoiler for HANDBAGS!:

Meanwhile, Yayoi is picking things up a bit, but this race is still too close to call.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:19   Link #1624
Archaeon

Quote:

Why did they strict IP ban in the first place?
Old 2012-10-18, 07:46   Link #1625
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:

I agree that turn Saimoe into Sakimoe is rather selfish and hopefully 2013 doesn't have this issue. I believe that is why some people think Saki-faction are rather repulsive and some of the Saki faction wanting to make this Saimoe Sakimoe doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Why did they strict IP ban in the first place?
I bet it is because they believe foreign votes "do fake/multiple voting"

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-18 at 08:20.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:50   Link #1626
Wanderer
Goat

-Saki- has won the last 16 strait matches that have had at least one -Saki- character appear... and counting.
Old 2012-10-18, 08:44   Link #1627
RJ TAYLER

Things have either really tightened up or something has gotten really elastic in the last hour.

Ladies please come forward to the stage....

Big Drum-roll...

The Winner of Block C for 2012 is........

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-10-18 at 09:02.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:08   Link #1628
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

有効コードがある票の順位
1位 317票 竹井久@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 305票 黄瀬やよい(キュアピース)@スマイルプリキュア!

.... *sigh* I feel like diversity doesn't exist and why do I feel like the non-Sakis who goes to the top 8 are going to be 7th-8th.
Picks- Hinata
Prediction- Louise
Old 2012-10-18, 09:09   Link #1629
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for :

If Saki voters are smart, they go with Hinata.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:13   Link #1630
stormtrooper

Round 2 Picks (17-15), Predictions (25-7)
Round 3 Picks (11-5), Predictions (11-5)
Round 4 Picks (2-1), Predictions (2-1)

A win is a win I guess. Hisa moves through. Hit or miss from here.

Pick - Hinata
Prediction - Louise

5 Saki girls assured of the Top 8.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:18   Link #1631
Team Rocket Elite

A close match but the Saki fanbase comes through again. Hisa did end up having a lot of problems with Yayoi but in the end I was right to choose her. I think this makes it 17 wins in a row for Saki. If Yuu can win her match, the Saki fanbase can reach 20 straight wins before the top 8 matches.

Since we are down to one match a day, the Saki fanbase actually gets more breaks than Round 3 despite losing almost no one in Round 3. Today's is the first one and it's a rematch between Preliminary Group 9 characters. Louise was 3rd while Hinata was 5th. Louise already had trouble earlier from another Group 9 character, Kikuchi Makoto (15th). Like the Idolm@ster characters, Ro-kyu-bu characters seemed to step up their game in the actual tournament. Airi nearly taking down Shana is not a particularly good sign for Louise. Hinata also already took down Kisaragi Chihaya who should be a stronger Idolm@ster character than the one that gave Louise trouble. I think Hinata has the advantage here. Ogura Yui will be advancing two characters into the Top 8.

Vote:
Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière

Prediction:
Hakamada Hinata
Old 2012-10-18, 09:24   Link #1632
Archaeon

Good to see Hisa won but I wonder how those Japanese will feel about the lack of diversity. Will they happy with this or will they begin to wonder if it's a mistake and regret strict IP ban. When did they start this strict IP ban?
Old 2012-10-18, 09:26   Link #1633
RJ TAYLER

MACKERRAS PENDILUM

SAIMOE 2012

SAKI 5 SEATS
NON-SAKI 2 SEATS
IN DOUBT 1 SEAT

Fairly Safe
Group B 8.30%
Safe

Marginal
Group A 1.36%
Group C 0.96%
Group F TBA
Group G TBA

NON-SAKI

Group D TODAY
Group H TBA

IN DOUBT

Group E
Old 2012-10-18, 09:26   Link #1634
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Good to see Hisa won but I wonder how those Japanese will feel about the lack of diversity.
Judging by 2ch some of them are quite pissed off about it which is quite understandable. I mean we waited for a whole year to see a Saki popularity poll?!
Old 2012-10-18, 09:44   Link #1635
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

^^ THIS. I was so excited for what 2012 could have been (No Madoka = Supposedly no hax faction) but Sakimoe happened.
Old 2012-10-18, 09:46   Link #1636
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

With 622 combined total votes, this match was slightly more intense than I expected. Furthermore, it was a close one by the end. Props to Yayoi for putting up a real good fight.

Seems like the few remaining members of the resistance are starting to get picked off one by one following the loss of the strongest member. But they're not going down without a fight, at least up until this point. I do hope that they won't just surrender the crown to Team Saki without fighting to the last girl - I thought last year's resistance fought admirably well against the magical faction that took the tournament by storm. If it comes down to that, of course. The odds are getting slimmer, but all hope is not yet lost for them.

No picks for next match. Not fond of Louise, and not familiar with Hinata.

Quote:
Good to see Hisa won but I wonder how those Japanese will feel about the lack of diversity. Will they happy with this or will they begin to wonder if it's a mistake and regret strict IP ban. When did they start this strict IP ban?
I could still vote normally back in Saimoe 2010. But the IPs I used got banned after every vote. In 2011, one had to employ secret special methods to even try to get a voting code - much less vote. I'd say Saimoe started strictly closing its shores to foreign barbarians (and even some fellow Japanese) in 2010. I believe the bans before that were less strict and more sporadic.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:00   Link #1637
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
With 622 combined total votes, this match was slightly more intense than I expected. Furthermore, it was a close one by the end. Props to Yayoi for putting up a real good fight.

Seems like the few remaining members of the resistance are starting to get picked off one by one following the loss of the strongest member. But they're not going down without a fight, at least up until this point. I do hope that they won't just surrender the crown to Team Saki without fighting to the last girl - I thought last year's resistance fought admirably well against the magical faction that took the tournament by storm. If it comes down to that, of course. The odds are getting slimmer, but all hope is not yet lost for them.

No picks for next match. Not fond of Louise, and not familiar with Hinata.

I could still vote normally back in Saimoe 2010. But the IPs I used got banned after every vote. In 2011, one had to employ secret special methods to even try to get a voting code - much less vote. I'd say Saimoe started strictly closing its shores to foreign barbarians (and even some fellow Japanese) in 2010. I believe the bans before that were less strict and more sporadic.
So I guess this means the strict IP ban began during 2011 with Madoka faction dominating last year and this year it's Saki turn. Good job Japan for ruining Saimoe.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:02   Link #1638
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

^^ The anti-Madoka faction last year ended with a whimper (Erica's princess climb to the semis ended with a slaughter). Though of course, realistically speaking, the last real resistance character in 2011 is Ika-Musume who really put quite a showdown against Mami.

This year though, the Top 8 is looking bleaker and bleaker. The worst top 8 that I'd imagine might just come true (6 Sakis, 2 Ries). Oh god, I really don't want this year to turn into a Saki poll (which it almost already is).
Old 2012-10-18, 10:03   Link #1639
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Akarin lost T____T

Nodoka is the only one remaining I'd like to win.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:04   Link #1640
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guessing...
... Louise

Why is anyone surprised with Saki's dominance? In previous years they tended to dominate the Top 8 spots. And then we have this year with noticably weaker opposition...

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament