AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 22:13   Link #661
Alchemist007
*Author

Forgot to post the games I got with my system, should be getting one more to add to these soon.

Old 2013-02-04, 23:54   Link #662
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Bought these two CDs recently:

Also went along to see The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses a couple of days ago, and nabbed myself a T-shirt and poster to commemorate.
That's cool. I saw the first one in USA, but I think the one you saw is diff (longer?)

Was the audience nice at yours? Mine was insane, people were yelling and hooting and shouting random inappropriate Japanese words when Miyamoto (or whoever, don't remember) was on stage. Shit was funny as hell, but kinda disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Forgot to post the games I got with my system, should be getting one more to add to these soon.

Is your 3DS Japanese? Or just unlocked?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 02:18   Link #663
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
That's cool. I saw the first one in USA, but I think the one you saw is diff (longer?)

Was the audience nice at yours? Mine was insane, people were yelling and hooting and shouting random inappropriate Japanese words when Miyamoto (or whoever, don't remember) was on stage. Shit was funny as hell, but kinda disrespectful.
I'm now curious as to which city you were watching the orchestra in (was it in Dallas?)... The crowd over here was great- there was a lot of applause, cheering and positive energy in the room, but the show itself is pretty much the same everywhere though. We got three encores, which I assume is the same for most of the other shows: Ballad of the Wind Fish, Gerudo Valley, and a Majora's Mask medley.

For those curious, here's two pictures of the pamphlet (they didn't allow photography or recording, unfortunately): [1] | [2].
Old 2013-02-05, 02:46   Link #664
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I'm now curious as to which city you were watching the orchestra in (was it in Dallas?)... The crowd over here was great- there was a lot of applause, cheering and positive energy in the room, but the show itself is pretty much the same everywhere though. We got three encores, which I assume is the same for most of the other shows: Ballad of the Wind Fish, Gerudo Valley, and a Majora's Mask medley.

For those curious, here's two pictures of the pamphlet (they didn't allow photography or recording, unfortunately): [1] | [2].
I watched the first one (and afaik the only one) in Los Angeles, back in 2011, the very first one in USA. And it was one night only, so the place (the Pantages Theater in Hollywood) was packed.

And yeah yours is different from mine. At mine we got a black folded pamphlet, and a lot of emphasis on Skyward Sword because it didn't come out yet (a teaser at the end, and stations set up where we could play the demo, as well as play Ocarina 3D and the DSi Four Swords port). And no encores! Yours looks different, but it doesn't look longer. I am not at home atm so I can't give a picture of the pamphlet, so I will share someone else's so you can see them then take them down.
*snip*

And I would have really liked to buy something else there, but the lines were too insane! On top of there being a lot of people (around 2703, that's how many seats are in the Pantages), there were only two cashiers slowly punching in numbers on iPads. Couldn't be in that hours long line for too long because being in Hollywood drives me nuts. And they sold out of non-XXXL black T shirts too quickly, but I doubt I would have worn it anyway, so whatev. I would have liked a poster of this really pretty picture in the pamphlet of all of the Links ever though (unfortunately excepting the glourious star of the CDi games):
*snip*
This picture doesnt do it justice and it's way too darkened, but it's the best I can find.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-05 at 05:13.
Old 2013-02-05, 04:57   Link #665
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I personally feel that going to one of the 25th Anniversary concerts feels more "prestigious" in a sense, considering they were meant as special one-off events (and the fact that Koji Kondo turned up at the concerts as well), but I'm more than satisfied from what I did experience. There were even a small number of cosplayers in attendance.

I see your point about the rowdy audience at the L.A. 25th Anniversary Symphony, but that thankfully didn't occur when I went to see the Symphony of the Goddesses.
Old 2013-02-05, 05:21   Link #666
Kudryavka

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yea, now I appreciate it even more, and playing SS early was fun .

At the time I thought others would get a better deal since they said they would extend the 2012 versions of the concert, though... And was a little peeved that they wouldn't come back to Los Angeles. But that's past.

And we had cosplayers too! There were, 2 or 3 Ocarina Links (all girls but I think that's a thing in Zelda cosplaying), two guys with Minish caps, and a handful of cute kids doing Four Swords (I remember a Green, Red and Purple. Not sure if Blue and Shadow were there and I just missed them). They all looked really cool

And thank you for using the new quotes, I'm still trying to learn the dynamic BBCode.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:48   Link #667
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Is your 3DS Japanese? Or just unlocked?
Neither, I printed the Japanese cover and slipped it under the plastic; because it's infinitely better than the US cover.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:53   Link #668
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Neither, I printed the Japanese cover and slipped it under the plastic; because it's infinitely better than the US cover.
Oh, I see... lol, that is a god printer you got then.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:22   Link #669
Alchemist007
*Author

Nah, the resolution just makes it look good in that picture. It's best viewed from that distance
Old 2013-02-08, 20:43   Link #670
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
AD900X arrived and my ears like what i hear out of them!

sick. what are you running them out of?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 03:14   Link #671
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
sick. what are you running them out of?
currently running them off a fire phoenix dac-02 + AD797BR op amp i put in earlier today. so far the end result is...

iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 13:24   Link #672
amasposu

I bought a Nexus 7!!! It is so awesome!!!!!!!
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 09:43   Link #673
Green-ill

My b-day is tommorow but me and my dad ordered my computer parts a week early so we built a beast of a comp. And I bought Borderlands 2 to try it and its frikken sweet. http://www.youtube.com/user/MurlocStudio?feature=mhee where i uploaded the videos.
Green-ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:16   Link #674
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

spice and wolf novels vol 4 and 7
Old 2013-02-10, 15:24   Link #675
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
currently running them off a fire phoenix dac-02 + AD797BR op amp i put in earlier today. so far the end result is...
That looks suspicious--HiFiMAN products always seem to be focused more on the boutique audiophile folks, and they end up having bad design and lots of measurable problems. Also, that DAC has an NJM4556 to start with, and you replaced it with an op-amp that's designed for extremely high-frequency tasks. Yeah, you could use an AD797 for a preamp stage in a speaker rig, but even Analog Devices claims it's been mostly used in non-audio applications.

People like to replace the NJM4556 because it costs 60 cents and they think that means it's crappy, but it's dumb. That opamp is specifically designed to drive headphones--it's one of the few opamps that measures well into loads below 150 ohms, and it's extremely high-current (70mA). The AD797 manages 50mA but not into headphone loads I'm sure.

These days, I pretty much don't trust a DAC or amp to be decent unless it's made by me... or Violectric, Benchmark or Centrance. Working on putting together an Objective2 and ODAC combo.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:04   Link #676
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
That looks suspicious--HiFiMAN products always seem to be focused more on the boutique audiophile folks, and they end up having bad design and lots of measurable problems. Also, that DAC has an NJM4556 to start with, and you replaced it with an op-amp that's designed for extremely high-frequency tasks. Yeah, you could use an AD797 for a preamp stage in a speaker rig, but even Analog Devices claims it's been mostly used in non-audio applications.

People like to replace the NJM4556 because it costs 60 cents and they think that means it's crappy, but it's dumb. That opamp is specifically designed to drive headphones--it's one of the few opamps that measures well into loads below 150 ohms, and it's extremely high-current (70mA). The AD797 manages 50mA but not into headphone loads I'm sure.

These days, I pretty much don't trust a DAC or amp to be decent unless it's made by me... or Violectric, Benchmark or Centrance. Working on putting together an Objective2 and ODAC combo.
i'm well aware people can't randomly drop in the AD797 onto a circuit board, and hope everything will work well. i had the op amp in my closet and decided to see what would happen. so far i don't hear any oscillation occuring and it is way better than what i heard from the stock op amp (4556AD JRC). if oscillation does occur, it's no problem on my end. i can roll more op amps i intended to try out in the first place. particularly the AD8597, LT1028, and AD8599 i have laying around.

i've already talked to dsnuts and kiteki on head-fi (i know head-fi isn't what it used to be 4 years ago, but there ARE members who have valuable knowledge and you have to seek them out) and they know fully well about these kind of things, and both agree it wouldn't hurt to try the AD797 and see how it goes since it has a nice internal layout.

did i take a gamble on this DAC/AMP made in china? i sure did! but for 105 shipped with usb/optical/coaxial input, the ability to roll op amps, a headphone amp, and to use it as a DAC with the CS4398 chip if i chose to try another external amp sits well with me.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:43   Link #677
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
For that price, I see your point. While I'd love to have a DAC1, they just aren't anywhere in my price range!

One of the things that keeps me from trying out Chinese DAC/amp units is output impedance--it's never publicized, so I don't know if it's going to work properly with my headphones (48ohms). Centrance, Benchmark and Violectric always publish the figures (even though Centrance units default to 10ohms, you can get them to mod it to 1ohm).
Old 2013-02-13, 17:12   Link #678
Alchemist007
*Author

Old 2013-02-14, 00:37   Link #679
dukenukem
bleach fan

Just got my fujitsu lifebook t730s tablet laptop from ebay today.
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
dukenukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 17:25   Link #680
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just got my copy of Catherine today to take advantage of a massive price drop by a local retailer. Played the first 2 nights and already got my behind handed to me on the "boss" of the 2nd one. Damn this game is going to be brutal.