AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-26, 11:54   Link #10221
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's better than what happened in the anime. She was pretty stoic about it at first, then cried for a bit, and that was it. It was anticlimactic and didn't even make sense considering Kurome's the person Akame loves the most. So yeah, if she does kill her in the manga too, I want a bigger emotional reaction. I want her to break down badly and stay like that for a while.
It would be better if Kurome end her sis and become a dual wielder. Akame's poker face's just too boring anyway
Old 2015-09-26, 12:02   Link #10222
Kazu-kun

^ I like her poker face. To be honest, she's pretty much the only character I like. I tolerate the others, but I don't really like them.
Old 2015-09-26, 12:03   Link #10223
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
I don't think it would be in character for Wave to use Yatsufusa.
He'll probably get Budo's Teigu or something (assuming the empire still has it), I mean it fits his fighting style the most considering they both fought with fists rather than weapons.

On a side note I'm finding it rather funny that both users of Tyrant derived Teigu are being given power-ups that are likely to kill them. I'm starting to think its an excuse for the armors to completely devour both of them.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:07   Link #10224
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Why the hoping when it's clear that there will be differences? For one, Kurome can use the dead angelic-teacher now as part of her undead-army against Akame . That said, I still want to see that comforting moment between Akame & Tatsumi like in the anime. That one was good.
Adding an extra body doesn't make the situation itself any less silly.

Quote:
I don't think it would be in character for Wave to use Yatsufusa.
Hence him being mind-broken by Kurome dying.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:08   Link #10225
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's better than what happened in the anime. She was pretty stoic about it at first, then cried for a bit, and that was it. It was anticlimactic and didn't even make sense considering Kurome's the person Akame loves the most. So yeah, if she does kill her in the manga too, I want a bigger emotional reaction. I want her to break down badly and stay like that for a while.
What doesn't make sense? Didn’t she cried until the end credits rolled in the episode? How long do you want them to portray her crying anyway? After slaying Kurome, she was trying her best to keep her sadness in, until Tatsumi showed his kindness and encourage her to let it all out. Also, considering the big mission to overthrow capital that was awaiting her at that moment. She can’t afford to mope around too long. One night for her to mourn is enough in her situation, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Adding an extra body doesn't make the situation itself any less silly.
But it's still "different" LOL .
Old 2015-09-26, 12:28   Link #10226
Kazu-kun

Quote:
What doesn't make sense? Didn’t she cried until the end credits rolled in the episode? How long do you want them to portray her crying anyway? After slaying Kurome, she was trying her best to keep her sadness in, until Tatsumi showed his kindness and encourage her to let it all out.
Note how she looks after killing some random fodder. These guys weren't even part of her unit (the elite 7) yet she still feels really bad about having to kill them. If it was Kurome instead of these guys, Akame wouldn't be able to hold it in even for a second. She would break down right away after killing her, and stay depressed for a few days afterwards. Kurome's the person she loves the most after all.

Quote:
Also, considering the big mission to overthrow capital that was awaiting her at that moment. She can’t afford to mope around too long. One night for her to mourn is enough in her situation, I think.
Well, the anime crammed everything together in just a few episodes. She'll probably have more time to mope around in the manga. I'm sure there will be a few chapters after their duel, before the manga hits its climax

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-09-26 at 12:40.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:42   Link #10227
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
What doesn't make sense? Didn’t she cried until the end credits rolled in the episode? How long do you want them to portray her crying anyway? After slaying Kurome, she was trying her best to keep her sadness in, until Tatsumi showed his kindness and encourage her to let it all out. Also, considering the big mission to overthrow capital that was awaiting her at that moment. She can’t afford to mope around too long. One night for her to mourn is enough in her situation, I think..
Agreed. She will mope around for a while, but she'd come to her sense soon enough, knowing what's at stake. Besides, its not as if she doesn't know Kurome's gonna die soon. The same goes for Wave, though he'd bawl his eyes out and go berserk, and that would probably cost him in his upcoming battle against Akame.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:49   Link #10228
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Note how she looks after killing some random fodder. These guys weren't even part of her unit (the elite 7) yet she still feels really bad about having to kill them. If it was Kurome instead of these guys, Akame wouldn't be able to hold it in even for a second. She would break down right away after killing her, and stay depressed for a few days afterwards. Kurome's the person she loves the most after all.
In the anime, I think she never look sad when the said random-fodder really deserved to die. But when she know the random-fodder is pretty much innocent guards or soldiers (like Wave) she sounds a bit sad (but still fully composed). So, I don’t see any inconsistency of anime-Akame here. After all, in the anime, she couldn't hold it and broke down after a few minutes of killing Kurome. I personally wouldn’t make such a big deal whether she broke down instantly or within minutes. Especially if the said “minutes” are used to talk to Wave waiting for him to leave carrying Kurome's body, and thus she need to keep her composure (imagine her bawling in front of Wave of all people. Do you want that?). So yeah, everything still makes sense in the anime. She might be hella sad, but she's still smart.

Quote:
Well, the anime crammed everything together in just a few episodes. She'll probably have more time to mope around in the manga. I'm sure there will be a few chapters after their duel, before the manga hits its climax
Yeah, I bet. After all, if the manga failed to give the characters more time than the anime, it’s pretty much useless. So again, it makes sense in the anime.
Old 2015-09-26, 12:56   Link #10229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
In the anime, I think she never look sad when the said random-fodder really deserved to die. But when she know the random fodder is pretty much innocent guards or soldiers (like Wave) she sound a bit sad (but still fully composed). So, I don’t see any inconsistency of anime-Akame here. After all, in the anime, she coudln’t hold it and broke down after a few minutes. I personally wouldn’t make such a big deal whether she broke down instantly or within minutes. Especially if the said “minutes” are used to talk to Wave waiting for him to leave carying Kurome's body, and thus she need to keep her composure (imagine if she was bawling in front of Wave of all people. Do you want that? ). So yeah, everything still makes sense in the anime.
Well, what Akame does in the anime probably makes sense for the anime itself. But the manga developed Akame differently. It made her a bit more emotional. They also fleshed out her relationship with Kurome a bit more (especially if we take Zero into account). So for the manga Takahiro should defiantly go for a bigger reaction.

In fact, I doubt manga Akame would just hand Kurome's body to Wave. She probably would take it and bury it herself.
Old 2015-09-26, 13:01   Link #10230
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, what Akame does in the anime probably makes sense for the anime itself.
If you know that, don't accuse the "Akame crying"-scene in the anime for not making sense then.

What's with this trend of bashing the anime (even for things it does right) anyway?
Old 2015-09-26, 15:06   Link #10231
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
If you know that, don't accuse the "Akame crying"-scene in the anime for not making sense then.

What's with this trend of bashing the anime (even for things it does right) anyway?
I can't stand anime original content even if it is somehow good.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 15:11   Link #10232
Wandering Soul

Quote:

There's are things I didn't like about the anime but at times I feel like some people bash merely because it's different.
Old 2015-09-27, 07:25   Link #10233
Secori

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
There's are things I didn't like about the anime but at times I feel like some people bash merely because it's different.
I also did not like certain things in the anime but overall I personally enjoyed it. It is only a handful of people who think it was bad because their character died or their favorite ship did not happen or because the story went in a direction they did not like. Whatever the reason is, the simple truth is that the anime is the embodiment of what is to come in the mange directly or not. I am not sure why so many cannot admit this given huge evidence.

Prediction for the next few chapters: Calling it now Kurome will die in a similar fashion like in the anime and everything that will happen will have a certain degree of similarity to the anime minus a few minor differences here and there. The only minor differences I see happening is Wave and Tatsumi not being there. (I have my doubts about that. Somehow they will learn of the meeting between Akame and Kurome and go there "just in case")

Last edited by Secori; 2015-09-27 at 07:43.
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 07:30   Link #10234
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Which begs the question - why haven't the RA send in any elite Teigu users to them, yet?
About this, I think the reason is pretty straightforward. NR was originally an assassination unit carrying out forward operations. Now that the RA is knocking on the front door, there's not really any need to 'reinforce' NR as it were. They're basically just all working together at this point.
Old 2015-09-27, 12:23   Link #10235
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secori View Post
I also did not like certain things in the anime but overall I personally enjoyed it. It is only a handful of people who think it was bad because their character died or their favorite ship did not happen or because the story went in a direction they did not like. Whatever the reason is, the simple truth is that the anime is the embodiment of what is to come in the mange directly or not. I am not sure why so many cannot admit this given huge evidence.

Prediction for the next few chapters: Calling it now Kurome will die in a similar fashion like in the anime and everything that will happen will have a certain degree of similarity to the anime minus a few minor differences here and there. The only minor differences I see happening is Wave and Tatsumi not being there. (I have my doubts about that. Somehow they will learn of the meeting between Akame and Kurome and go there "just in case")
What evidence?
Old 2015-09-27, 12:28   Link #10236
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

well, to be frank many major development in manga atm lead same to anime plot only with differences touch
as hate i have to admit anime ruin everything
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 13:42   Link #10237
Grand-Chariot-Wave

How exactly?
Old 2015-09-27, 13:53   Link #10238
Secori

Quote:
What evidence?
1. What about the fact that budo got blown away in the same manner like the anime?

2. What about the fact that we will get a Akame vs Kurome 1 on 1 battle like in the anime?

3. Wave pretty much has a very similar reaction to Kurome vs Akame situation like he did in the anime. I am still waiting for that 1 on 1 fight to close the deal for me.

4. What about the fact Tatsumi gets a huge power up like he did in the enemy and suddenly he could stand up to the two strongest generals in the Empire. He had a very similar power up against the giant robot. Here the power up did not happen at the last battle.

5. What about Esdeath x Tatsumi scene in prison when she begged him to join her? Same thing happened in the anime.

6. What about the Colosseum and the execution scene. Very closely similar to the anime. Minor differences here and there.

7. There was even hints to the Ultimate Teigu in the manga (Granted we do not know what it is)

It was also mentioned that the manga will be an expended version of the anime. The only reason the anime was an original ending to begin with is because the season 2 they wanted did not happen. They had to rush and cut allot of content. People seem to just conveniently forget about this part for some reason.

I can probably think of more things but I think my point is clear at this point.
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 16:16   Link #10239
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secori View Post
1. What about the fact that budo got blown away in the same manner like the anime?
The only thing that was similar was his "death" other than that we had an actual battle unlike the anime.

Quote:
2. What about the fact that we will get a Akame vs Kurome 1 on 1 battle like in the anime?
Which has been hyped up since forever, this isn't some new development that the anime created. The anime didn't have any of the character development that lead up to this point, it just happens.

Quote:
3. Wave pretty much has a very similar reaction to Kurome vs Akame situation like he did in the anime. I am still waiting for that 1 on 1 fight to close the deal for me.
What similar reaction in the anime? Wave didn't have any development in the anime to even have some startling reaction.

Quote:
4. What about the fact Tatsumi gets a huge power up like he did in the enemy and suddenly he could stand up to the two strongest generals in the Empire. He had a very similar power up against the giant robot. Here the power up did not happen at the last battle.
Tatsumi digivolved in the anime for literally no reason.

Quote:
5. What about Esdeath x Tatsumi scene in prison when she begged him to join her? Same thing happened in the anime.
key factors played a major role leading up to and after the jail sequence, so nope that's different too.

6. What about the Colosseum and the execution scene. Very closely similar to the anime. Minor differences here and there.

More like major differences

1. No Esdeath vs Suu fight(which made Najenda look like an idiot).

2. Key factors played a role in the coliseum events unlike the anime.

7. There was even hints to the Ultimate Teigu in the manga (Granted we do not know what it is)

Ok so?

It was also mentioned that the manga will be an expended version of the anime. The only reason the anime was an original ending to begin with is because the season 2 they wanted did not happen. They had to rush and cut allot of content. People seem to just conveniently forget about this part for some reason.

I can probably think of more things but I think my point is clear at this point.[/QUOTE]

Provide a link starting this.
Old 2015-09-27, 17:12   Link #10240
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

While I fully expect the little sister to die, I kind of secretly wish both of them could finally... get back together one way or another.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!