AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 24 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-12, 15:33   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to utilize the info on the TIPS section as a complement to this series.
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-06-13 at 01:04.
Old 2006-06-13, 12:56   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

hmm...by looking at the Futaba-chan image board, I sincerely hope they didn't cut out the scene where Rena kicked some verbal whoop-ass towards Kei in that scene. It seems the part where Satoko cries on things that implies the type of abuse has been cut out. But at least the images seem to show heart thumping moments where people can finally cheer for Kei's actions (even though they are out to the extreme...).

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-06-13 at 23:28.
Old 2006-06-13, 17:11   Link #3
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Probably the best episode so far.

Keiichi does not know mercy. Ugh...

This was the first time during the series where i really liked Miki Itou's voice acting. Ep11 Takano was superb.
Old 2006-06-13, 17:12   Link #4
Freakman

とうとう本番だ。
Spoiler:

The episode I'm waiting is still the final one though
Old 2006-06-14, 00:41   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
hmm...by looking at the Futaba-chan image board, I sincerely hope they didn't cut out the scene where Kei, Mion, and Rena get into a heated argument about Satoko's demise. Rena kicked some verbal whoop-ass towards Kei in that scene...
Forget that, they skipped the entire "KOOL" scene. No high-speed thinking, and no KOOL-mode Keiichi.

Spoiler for complaints:

The Teppei scene was shortened down, as expected, and I'm not going to blame the anime for shortening it since the whole chase WAS dragged out pretty long in the novel.

But there was one particular section during that scene in the novel that really burned an image into my head:
Spoiler:

On the other hand, the Takano scene near the end of this episode was really nicely done. Itou Miki-san's voice is as sexy and creepy as ever. ^^; Hard to believe she's the same person doing Fuji-nee's voice in Fate anime.

Again, the episode sort of got cut off at an odd spot (in the middle of a scene). But this one's not as bad as the last episode cut-off point (omitting the whole scene where Keiichi went into KOOL-mode after witnessing Satoko's breakdown).

Oh well, there's going to be 5 episodes for Tatarigoroshi-hen, so hopefully they won't have to rush the ending. I mean, this chapter's ending was absolutely overwhelming, so I pray they won't mess it up... too much.
Old 2006-06-14, 10:34   Link #6
USCPharmacist

K1, next time you want to kill someone, use a crowbar instead!!!! one hit and they die, no need to run all over the place lol

And the blonde chick...she is so evil, I don't think she die in any of the scenerio at all, she probably murders that stupid photographer everytime lol.
Old 2006-06-14, 12:27   Link #7
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
It had very good atmosphere through episode. Maybe because its raining here gave extra impact but I think it was well done although Kei did decision quite fast. Outcome was expected when I saw bat.
Old 2006-06-14, 12:53   Link #8
AzureFlux
faito

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-14, 13:27   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

While it did seem a bit out-of-the-blue without KOOL-mode Kei, surprisingly it still was done plausibly. While yes they did again cut out some scenes that might've created a larger impact, it is not too big of a deal to get in a ruff about. They did what they were supposed to do - covering the main points.

They coolness factor diminished ten-fold when Kei said "Higarushi no naku koro ni" in the anime compared to the game. In the anime, it felt too rushed and the result was corniness. In the game...it sent chills down my spine.

And Takano was portrayed beautifully here...very creepy. Itou Miki's shallow voice brought up the creep factor five-fold at the end. Great episode.

Now, we're on to the next episode where the REAL stuff starts to happen (remember - each chapter goes into full-gear always after the Watanagashi Festival).
Old 2006-06-14, 13:31   Link #10
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-14, 14:26   Link #11
MarmoO

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-15, 15:14   Link #12
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

What's with the subs' link? There's no Higurashi 11 in that tracker, yet Animesuki has it listed. Strange...
Old 2006-06-15, 15:32   Link #13
Freakman

That's what you call a screw up. Was pulled out because of an error.
Old 2006-06-15, 15:55   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well, I was one of the lucky ones who got the episode before it was pulled back. I was getting frustrated how Higurashi was advancing in ep 5-8 (because of animation/direction/voice acting etc..) and now after watching 9-11, I've become a fan of this show once more. Yet I still ponder if a studio like KyoAni handled this show, could this show have been turned out differently?

After episode 1-2, episode 11 has been another episode that really freaked me out. It's not because what happened in those episodes, rather, the freaky part comes out when one reflects on it. For example, Keiichi in one part of the episode is talking to his mother about what she considers a good murder mystery novel, where the criminal gets away with it. Actually he wants know how he can get away by killing someone and his line of thinking wasn't hypothetical either. Calm, calculating pre-meditative murder is always creepy. I'm used to this guy loosing his nerve, acting like an idiot as he got himself too much in it because the dude was too nosy. In this episode, he is a cold blooded killer, so the change in attitude of Keiichi was refreshing.

Give this episode an 8.

P.S. As I read Sushi-Y, I've this urge to see of this hi-speed-thinking Keiichi.
Old 2006-06-15, 16:21   Link #15
Azn_GooWakJai
Glory Raiden

Send a message via AIM to Azn_GooWakJai
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
What's with the subs' link? There's no Higurashi 11 in that tracker, yet Animesuki has it listed. Strange...
Yea Im gettin the same thing. Can't see crap. and yes it is sum sort of a screw up from the torrent tracker. *sigh* and I was just eager in seeing this ep =(
Old 2006-06-15, 17:07   Link #16
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Seen as it seems to be getting asked every 2 minutes in the channel, to save them having to answer any more of the same question:

The torrent's been dropped because a translation comment was left on the final release, as shown here, and should be available by this time tomorrow. Probably. It's better than the usual saturday/sunday release date anyway
Old 2006-06-15, 17:18   Link #17
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Great episode.

Yes, Kei's development felt like being a little too fast. I'm not say surprising, as far as I'm concerned, but just it's like there may have been some temporal jump.
I feel so sorry everytime by reading that important things have been left off , but still, chapeau to this episode.
Excellent rendering of all the Kei's actions.

Spoiler:

The quote, "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni", yes ... maybe a bit.. out of the blue? But very impactful nonetheless.

Takano, lol, she's so magnificent.

Spoiler:

And now, since the hot stuff still has going to start, I'm really looking forward for how Tatarigoroshi will proceed.

I wish this anime would never end.

9/10
Old 2006-06-15, 18:32   Link #18
RMgX

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-06-15, 21:24   Link #19
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Seen as it seems to be getting asked every 2 minutes in the channel, to save them having to answer any more of the same question:

The torrent's been dropped because a translation comment was left on the final release, as shown here, and should be available by this time tomorrow. Probably. It's better than the usual saturday/sunday release date anyway
LOL, I was wondering what the hell that meant when I was watching it.

Can someone give some insight on the important parts from the game that were left out of eps 11?
Old 2006-06-15, 21:25   Link #20
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for WOW: