AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-31, 15:47   Link #4101
Miraluka
Banned

Dolly is a clone but it doesn't means she is a Mikoto's clone.
As they said, its a prototype so no need to clone the real one yet at that time, also there is no sign of manifesting any electrical powers from Dolly so far.

Quote:
Yes, this would definitely make the story more interesting.
I also don't like how Mikoto is keeping everything from them and is basically the "knows everything" person.
Thats why karma bites her in the back always, she doesn't knows what kind of things Touma's going trough and probably never will even if she demands it.

Quote:
It always led only to pain and suffering, even for the person using it.
Its Kamachi the author, so far he isn't following the protocole regarding that kind of character.

Quote:
And her careless use of it makes it only worse, and her "cute" behavior near Mikoto does not help it.
Thats her usual behaviour when with Touma and anyone I think.

Btw, I don't call that part of NT7 as friendly but honorable enemies(?) because rivals isn't the word to describe them even rivals acknowledge each other...

Quote:
...Even considering her relationship with Touma, we can suppose she already had to be saved/stoped by him.
We can only wait for that but the outcome is known, she seems to have a blind trust on him and will do anything for him.

Quote:
So she definitely misused her powers in past and paid for it and now she is doing it again...
She is only one person against many(Academy City, to me she only delayed the unavoidable when darkness goes for you.
She used her powers for her own interests there is no wrong with that its just like Mikoto who uses her powers to protect her own interests.
Old 2013-05-31, 17:29   Link #4102
LazyHunter

Well it was easy to expect something like that from Academy City. Interesting that they planned to dispose of Misaki after they finished Exterior. If Dolly was going to die soon anyway why would they want Misaki to spend time with her and risk the security of the project? Unless that was part of the project too.

I guess Touma will hear Xochitl talk with Saten (hopefully about the Sisters) and get involved with the problem.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-06-01 at 08:07.
Old 2013-05-31, 21:16   Link #4103
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Well it was easy to expect something like that from Academy City. Interesting that they planned to dispose of Misaki after they finished Exterior. If Dolly was going to die soon anyway why would they want Misaki to spend time with her and risk the security of the project? Unless that was part of the project too.

I guess Touma will her Xochitl talk with Saten (hopefully about the Sisters) and get involved with the problem.
Xochitl isn't in the Kamijou harem so he probably wont hit her in the face... If he does he'll do it with the left so as not to add her to the harem.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:01   Link #4104
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Wow I'm surprised 60 was done so quickly after 59.

I'm 99% sure that that's a Misaka clone. I mean, not only have we never heard of anyone else being cloned, she looks like Misaka.

Even as a kid Shokuhou is awesome
Old 2013-05-31, 22:20   Link #4105
OverNOut
The Obsever

I'm wondering if Exterior was suppose to be a power booster for Misaki since the scientists seem to have no problem disposing of Misaki if her level increases too high. But if they do that then Exterior will be useless. Maybe the power boost is just a bonus from Exterior's true purpose.
Old 2013-05-31, 22:45   Link #4106
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Xochitl isn't in the Kamijou harem so he probably wont hit her in the face... If he does he'll do it with the left so as not to add her to the harem.
Hitting her with image breaker would likely kill her as she is more book now than girl; twisted and evil(?)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-05-31, 23:13   Link #4107
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Awesome chapter. Mental Out is really one of my favorite characters in ToAru, so I really wanted to know how she became the person she was.

Also, being awesome in a flashback. Good ole' Mental Out.
Old 2013-05-31, 23:15   Link #4108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, uh... is Dolly a Misaka clone? She didn't quite look like a Misaka, but there's always room for error with cloning and age and such...
Old 2013-05-31, 23:28   Link #4109
whitecloud

So...I suppose after dolly incident in the past, something happened.. which may involve Misaki trying to kill the scientist, to save dolly from more experiment..and that's where touma come in and save the day, thus save dolly and exterior..after that incident the project maybe abandoned until now where gensei want to use it for something..
Old 2013-06-01, 02:38   Link #4110
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I'm wondering if Exterior was suppose to be a power booster for Misaki since the scientists seem to have no problem disposing of Misaki if her level increases too high. But if they do that then Exterior will be useless. Maybe the power boost is just a bonus from Exterior's true purpose.
I'm guessing Exterior is something anyone can use. This is why Misaki is worried about Gensei using it in the first place. I think anyone can use it to mind control other people... or... it's also possible that Exterior is the "DNA" computer that produces esper powers which just raises each particular Espers' powers. I'm not sure why that would make Gensei strong though because he doesn't actually have a power unless he has some crony working for him who he makes use that power. I am actually wondering when the DNA computer that produces esper powers is going to come in. It was mentioned before... but we haven't seen it yet. I thought that was what was happening in the factory, but I guess not. Hopefully Xochitl will explain it all next chapter, if Touma doesn't stop her. I'm curious to see Saten finding out about the truth about Mikoto's sisters and her reaction.

After reading the chapter, it was great. Misaki said the same thing to Dolly: "Are you really in middle school?" that was kind of cute. This shows that Misaki is actually pretty similar to Mikoto at her core, but that she gets hurt and becomes dark after what happened in her past. Pretty deep if you ask me.

This chapter made Misaki seem a lot more human. I really liked the twist that people saw her badly because of her power. I didn't think of that. Kongo didn't really like Misaki when she saw her for some reason. The others felt similarly. That's interesting if you think about it. I guess having the power to mind control makes others suspicious of you, not just you of them. I think Misaki is actually pretty pure-hearted, but distressed. Seeing that Dolly is dead, I think Misaki understands something that Mikoto is going through and is protecting her.

Assuming Dolly's cloning project relates to the Sisters project, this explains why that same researcher is appearing with Misaki. I really do believe that Gensei is behind both projects.

So the clone is most definitely not shokuhou's. It's nice to see both of them have deep backstories (Misaki, Misaka).

I am curious as to what that scene was where the armed men made sure Misaki and Mikoto passed a certain checkpoint in the car they were travelling in. No one actually commented on this, I think. Were those people working for Gensei, which means Gensei knows exactly what is going on and is in control or were those soldiers controlled by Misaki to make sure nothing went wrong with the car?
Old 2013-06-01, 03:04   Link #4111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Possibly Hound Dogs.
Old 2013-06-01, 07:22   Link #4112
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^Possibly Hound Dogs.
That might be true considering Hound Dogs leader is also a Kihara.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:49   Link #4113
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Awesome chapter. Mental Out is really one of my favorite characters in ToAru, so I really wanted to know how she became the person she was.

Also, being awesome in a flashback. Good ole' Mental Out.
that is obvious, she can read people's minds. She knows exactly how double face people are. She aware of all the dark secret and desires behind people's pleasant smile.
Old 2013-06-01, 12:51   Link #4114
R.LocK
My turn

Vaelis, Tact and js06 doing a Railgun chapter? That's some big guns out there, you know...

As for chapter itself... it hurts. It really does. Poor Misaki.
And Touma being Touma just is unable not to see any girl he met before the day ends... Want to see what kind of chain reaction he can produce... but, judging by NT7 he's either not going to be involved too deeply or going to run around without knowing who he's working for.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:33   Link #4115
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Something interesting happen on page 5, Dolly show Misaki a big bottle (water ?) and she ask her to use her power. Could this be an hint to her power True nature ? Like high-precision water manipulation ?
No.

Dolly has been brainwashed into believing Misaki is her best friend Mi-chan.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:49   Link #4116
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
No.

Dolly has been brainwashed into believing Misaki is her best friend Mi-chan.
Now that you mentioned it, I noticed it too.
Misaki brainwashed her into believing she is her friend and it "worked", she even asked "Mi-chan" to use her maybe-water-related power.
But in the end it was shown, that she knew all the time she was not her friend Mi-chan and asker for her real name.
I think this was the real reason Misaki suffered that shock, that Dolly knew she mind-controlled her, but still was happy for Misaki to be her friend and stay with her.

This makes a completly different impact on the whole chapter..
Old 2013-06-01, 15:11   Link #4117
Pyromania

That was a rather powerful page, where Dolly asked Misaki her real name and then thanked her for being her friend. Dolly knew that Misaki had replaced "Mii-chan" and was still grateful to her for being her companion. You can see the look of shock and pain on Misaki's face when she realizes that Dolly knew and didn't care. It's almost as if Dolly took all of Misaki's cynicism and mistrust and answered her with love, which left Misaki simply dumbstruck.

The part where Shokuhou mentioned being alienated because of her powers was from the heart and not a lie to cover up not being "Mii-chan". That she found someone who not only accepted the fact that she was a powerful telepath but responded to being mind controlled with genuine affection shocked Misaki to her core. Losing such a close friend right after that provided a shock that helped to define her character.

On a side note, you can see where Dolly figured out the charade. When she held Misaki and patted her head I think she realized that Misaki was a replacement but wanted to comfort HER due to seeing that she was suffering.
Old 2013-06-01, 15:15   Link #4118
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Misaki brainwashed her into believing she is her friend and it "worked", she even asked "Mi-chan" to use her maybe-water-related power.
But in the end it was shown, that she knew all the time she was not her friend Mi-chan and asker for her real name.
I think this was the real reason Misaki suffered that shock, that Dolly knew she mind-controlled her, but still was happy for Misaki to be her friend and stay with her.

There's also another possible implication if that's true. Mitori could be shortened to Mi-chan and since she can control liquid metal it wouldn't be that strange if she could be able to manipulate water too. So what if Mitori was Dolly's previous friend?
Old 2013-06-01, 15:49   Link #4119
Algent

Quote:

Wow I completely missed that, it's .
Old 2013-06-01, 22:24   Link #4120
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

There were two pages in this chapter that did it for me. That page was the second most important page for me in the chapter. It was nice seeing Misaki really feel guilty about what she had done; it makes her more human.

My favorite part of the chapter was when she asked Dolly if she really was in middle school. This was a direct comparison between Mikoto and Misaki. I think it demonstrates they are the same at heart, like I said before. It also further illustrates that Misaki has hope for recovering her old self, a pure self inside of her that was looking up to someone else as well. I'm wondering if this is foreshadowing to Misaki doing something nice for Mikoto soon enough like Dolly did for Misaki. I wonder if they'll have a similar relationship, I mean in the sense that they are going to be close. Mikoto is the only person we have seen so far that said the same thing Misaki had said, so they seem like this foreshadows that they could be good frenemies.

But yes, at the same time. Dolly was the one person who had ever really been nice to Misaki...
NT 7 spoiler
Spoiler:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-01 at 22:57.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen