AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-09-01, 04:27   Link #701
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And before someone goes off on it, Police Explorers is basically a 14-21, law enforcement specific affiliated branch of the Boy Scouts of America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explor...rning_for_Life)
Old 2020-09-01, 04:31   Link #702
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The ghist of the video I saw is that they might jump over her though, as her term is about to end shortly after the presidential elections.
Not sure what was up with the next one after that. Either he doesn't like trump (according to the video I saw, that is.), or his Term ends before the election making it someone else.
Unless a different Speaker is chosen, she'd be up. I don't see her getting voted out, nor the democrats losing the House.
Old 2020-09-01, 07:24   Link #703
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No chance Pelosi doesn't remain Speaker after Jan 20th, unless she dies in office. Rs have no chance to retake the House and the D caucus isn't voting her out.
Old 2020-09-01, 18:02   Link #704
ramlaen

When you prime the public to accept your plan on stealing an election...

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-grou...e478d42bb.html
Old 2020-09-02, 16:32   Link #705
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Saagar Enjeti: How Trump, Biden Could Try To STEAL The Election
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqpUgzAMvGc
Old 2020-09-02, 16:37   Link #706
kari-no-sugata II

538 have a nice little summary of how things are after the conventions now that a bunch of high quality polls have arrived:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ady-be-fading/

Basically, not much has changed. Which is actually bad for Trump - number of opportunities for turning things around is reducing.
Old 2020-09-02, 18:19   Link #707
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well it's obvious that the democrats won't take the "Mail vote is fraud" shit. John Oliver actually broke down how much work and trouble it would be to get just ONE vote out of it. And believe me, it doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble, not to mention the criminal charge that will follow.

If Trump had made that statement 50+ years ago, his argument would have actually been much more valid than it is nowadays.

The other problem, is that electors don't necessarily represent the majority of people. In fact, electors are actually pretty obsolete if you look at the historical reason for their existence.
Not to mention that the ability to re-draw district lines actually allows you to heavily influence the results, due to the winner takes all principle.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-09-04, 21:53   Link #708
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I already see how the Dems can use this mail-in ballot excuse.

With attacks from all side, I don't see how Trump can win again. They put all their brains together to take him out. To them, he must be a formidable foe.
Old 2020-09-05, 00:11   Link #709
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon View Post
Okay. How so?

To the DNC, yes. To the constitution, no.
Since you seem level-headed enough to have this discussion... you do realize that Trump has violated the Constitution from Day 1, right? Everyone seems to have moved on from it, unfortunately... but there's this thing called the Emoluments Clause. I assume you know what it is, but just a brief refresher: It boils down to the only way you're supposed to earn money while President is through the Presidential salary itself. You're a fool if you think he hasn't been earning money from all the visits to Mar-a-Lago and any other place with the Trump name. Something completely illegal. Hell, they made Jimmy Carter give up his peanut farm back in the 70's.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-09-05, 09:27   Link #710
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Since you seem level-headed enough to have this discussion... you do realize that Trump has violated the Constitution from Day 1, right?
I would say even before taking office, asking foreign countries to interfere in the USA elections, anyone still remembers that he asked the russians of all people to give him hillary's deleted emails? But what can be expected from a a cheater, anyone saying otherwise could please show me his x-rays showing his oh so painful bone spurs?

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/14/186776...ec-illegal-fbi

And a few days ago he was asking people in north carolina to vote twice, in that state it is a felony "Attempting to vote twice in an election or soliciting someone to do so ..". So much for the so called "law & order" candidate, he is no different from banana republic presidents, which think they are the law and the order they talk about is a new order where his opinion can oppress the masses.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/5702513002/
Old 2020-09-05, 11:32   Link #711
ramlaen

Remember folks, jokingly asking Russia to turn over evidence they were accused of having was a crime but destroying that evidence in the first place wasn't.
Old 2020-09-05, 11:40   Link #712
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Remember folks, jokingly asking Russia to turn over evidence they were accused of having was a crime but destroying that evidence in the first place wasn't.
Remember folks, when we do it, it is ok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

but when our adversaries use our playbook, you have to relentlessly attack, attack, attack like a mindless drone.

Hypocrisy is a requirement nowadays to be a trump follower, they wear their maga hats so thight it not only squeezes out their brains, but their souls too. Joke my ass!!!
Old 2020-09-05, 19:09   Link #713
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Remember folks, when we do it, it is ok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

but when our adversaries use our playbook, you have to relentlessly attack, attack, attack like a mindless drone.

Hypocrisy is a requirement nowadays to be a trump follower, they wear their maga hats so thight it not only squeezes out their brains, but their souls too. Joke my ass!!!
for me "both sides" were supposed to be accused not only trump but hilary too, both did the same dirty tactics, to be fair again it's not like "democrats are saint and don't do themselfs lot of nasty things a good exemple was obama and some crap things he did, during his term, none is saint.

The big problem is having "full blind peoples" which believe "only they side is totally right and everyone must stick with then and act like those "peoples are saint and doing the right thing" you know what normally you coul call doctrinization, fanatism or brainwash which is wha i'm seeying in all that chaos, peoples from both sides doing the worst but only "one side" is being accused while the other is being heavy shielded not only by media but social media and the "cancel culture" which now is "demanding anyone to support BLM "otherwise will be "canceled", what we call this??? blackmail maybe..., this year is being the year to show the worst of mankind and how peoples cllaims to fight a monster themselfs "become a monster" equal or worst than the monster they are fighting, the famous fight fire with more fire.

here more "pacific protester"

this will make only peoples angry and obvious goes vote trump, this goes beyond "any reasonable" and pure hatefull peoples causing chaos during a pandeming and during a election, they are asking for trump to win.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-09-05 at 20:44.
Old 2020-09-06, 20:25   Link #714
Blueknight78

this is really getting ridiculous levels
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...ined-by-police

this is not how to go in a campaign, again peoples are just giving more and more reason for peoples to vote trump and i'm really start to believe which trump chances to win are growing because of all that at this point terrorists atacks.
Old 2020-09-14, 02:14   Link #715
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
this is really getting ridiculous levels
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...ined-by-police

this is not how to go in a campaign, again peoples are just giving more and more reason for peoples to vote trump and i'm really start to believe which trump chances to win are growing because of all that at this point terrorists atacks.
These carefully choreographed hit pieces by Trump supporters don't help Trump at all. That security guard didn't need to start moving the guy with the mic so forcefully. Once his raised arm got around that guy's (with the mic) throat, he wasn't just going to take it. Even that stupidly biased article couldn't get around the fact that security guard was arrested by local police department. Biden still leads Trump in Texas in certain poll, admittedly within the margin of error.

If Trump manages to win this election, then Trump really is invincible. Heck, get him the nobel peace prize too.
Old 2020-09-14, 05:17   Link #716
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The guy warned everybody that he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and his drones wouldn't waver in their support. He's basically shot 200,000 people since the pandemic started and he's still breaking 40%.
Old 2020-09-14, 05:47   Link #717
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The guy warned everybody that he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and his drones wouldn't waver in their support. He's basically shot 200,000 people since the pandemic started and he's still breaking 40%.
To be fair, he isn't responsible for all of the Covid death; he isn't he only one than made very bad decision than lead to more death and even if the responce to the urrent situation had been prefect there would bad been death.

As the 40% support, we can blame partisant politic among others thing.
Old 2020-09-14, 08:18   Link #718
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Y'know, something I truly wonder about should Biden win (and I really hope he does)- maybe I'm just reading too much into the heavily-Democrats side of thing, but at the end of the day, Trump is still just a symptom of a MUCH larger problem. Sure, we can get rid of the symptom, but the underlying cause will still be there.

Basically, if Trump loses, his base will still be around. So far, all the guns and anything truly dangerous has just ended up being for show... but I have to wonder if they'd finally flip and decide to cause a coup themselves somehow... or at least start shooting people in the name of "Biden is illegitimate!" or some or excuse. Their leader might lose, but their other sources- Fox News, Limbaugh, etc... they'll still be around to stoke the flames. And that's what worries me.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2020-09-14, 08:56   Link #719
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As well it should.
Old 2020-09-14, 11:13   Link #720
kari-no-sugata II

As for things after the election, a lot will depend on the margin of victory. If the GOP lose the Senate and bunch of governorships as well as the overall popular vote by a large margin... then it's unlikely they'll try the same tactic. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll take a sensible pill - their overall platform has been a mess for some time.
Closed Thread