AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-14, 12:36   Link #2901
Twi

I gave up on the anime in Alola.

I don't regret it.
Old 2020-11-14, 21:35   Link #2902
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I mean, you should've at least watched to the end...

Just to see Ash/Satoshi FINALLY win a Pokemon Championship... that only took 20+ years real time to win!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 06:31   Link #2903
grecefar

true it was an official pokemon championship but the level was too poor compared to the others so nobody took it seriously, I didn't.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 10:23   Link #2904
WingedAccelerator

The thought of this staying for over 2 years since X&Y was 140, and Sun&Moon was 146 episodes long annoys and scares me. It's only 45 episodes so far. :S

Next year is a big anniversary for the franchise, but I doubt a new generation drops to celebrate it. I don't even want a Gen 4 remake, I didn't particularly like the games, but hey, it could happen, good for the fans. But I certainly doubt another Expansion Pass drops since they have released the game with the passes in a whole package. I don't think Urshifu, the new Regis, the Galarian birds, Calyrex and the horses are enough to pad, but they always find a way.

Oh, let's not forget they also changed timeslots again. The struggle is real.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 21:07   Link #2905
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I mean, you should've at least watched to the end...

Just to see Ash/Satoshi FINALLY win a Pokemon Championship... that only took 20+ years real time to win!
To call that tournament a tournament is to compare Kalos to Unova.

Personally, I was cheering for Guzma.
Old 2020-11-17, 15:42   Link #2906
Chosen_Hero

What the anime could have been:

Old 2021-01-10, 06:08   Link #2907
WingedAccelerator

New Opening hints the return of Gary "Motherf*cking" Oak, that piece of shit Iris, and Wikstrom makes his first, proper appearance?

Oh, and Ash got another powerhouse in the form of Dracovish.
Old 2021-01-12, 16:24   Link #2908
Twi

Is this like when they brought back Brock and Misty?

I mean, seeing them was easily the best part of Alola, but I need more than that.
Old 2021-01-29, 19:47   Link #2909
Chosen_Hero

What. the actual. fuck? Apparently golden child Go catches a freaking Suicune in the latest episode... excuse me, but what? So he gets to just catch them because... reasons, I guess... Meanwhile it takes Ash 7 leagues to get even one of the most fan favorite and fan requested Pokemon on his team (Gengar, Riolu and/or Dragonite).

Also, I saw a clip of the battle between Ash's Dragonite and Korrina's Mega Lucario on YouTube... You could definitely see the art just tank as it went on, and the animation itself was just dropping by the second. As someone that hates the Kalos season, even I will admit that the battle animations in that was at the very least pretty great, this looked lazy as hell by comparison.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2021-01-30 at 19:24.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 17:52   Link #2910
Twi

Like I said, I gave up on the anime a long time ago. I regret nothing.
Old 2021-01-30, 20:25   Link #2911
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, I quit when Serena left, and I have yet to find a reason to come back.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 20:46   Link #2912
alex_drian

lol, this kills the Go hater inside.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 11:07   Link #2913
grecefar

Surely he will release it at the end but still... last chapter I remember was the alola come back of misty and brock.
Old 2021-02-27, 05:00   Link #2914
WingedAccelerator

So the 25th Anniversary for the franchise happened, and we got something big.

The next main title game, Pokémon Legends: Arceus will be an open-world "pre-make" adventure in feudal Sinnoh, where you have to create the first Pokédex of the region. The much neglected Arceus finally gets a proper lore exploration, hopefully.

Now then, how the anime is going to continue after this? Unless they pull something garbage like Ash time travelling back, the anime better be also entering a new era in tandem with the games and start using the seasonal protagonist concept. If they just continue with the same format for 2-3 years, that would be rage inducing.
Old 2021-02-27, 16:43   Link #2915
Twi

If it's Feudal then what are their pokeballs? I know there are ancient models in the anime but the only one that clicks in my head at the moment are the one from when professor oak was a kid.
Old 2021-02-27, 17:43   Link #2916
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
If it's Feudal then what are their pokeballs? I know there are ancient models in the anime but the only one that clicks in my head at the moment are the one from when professor oak was a kid.
remember apricorns?, I think it was the way for pokeballs in old times if I recall they mention that in anime and only kurt is still doing it.
Old 2021-02-27, 21:51   Link #2917
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Now then, how the anime is going to continue after this? Unless they pull something garbage like Ash time travelling back, the anime better be also entering a new era in tandem with the games and start using the seasonal protagonist concept. If they just continue with the same format for 2-3 years, that would be rage inducing.
Puff. For times like this is always ALWAYS Celebi. Also, the actual anime isn't following the main games perse. It is more of GO that uses elements of all games and for that this format can continue for as much as they want it. Do you want salt in the wound? Gou getting a Celebi for time travel in some episodes could actually be a thing.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 22:09   Link #2918
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly, I think they should have followed the Pokemon Special path straight from the start. We could still have a Pikachu mascot, just a different one every generation.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 22:38   Link #2919
Twi

After watching this, I think they need a new Pokken game. There's a lot of choices to choose from:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-03-01, 16:01   Link #2920
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Puff. For times like this is always ALWAYS Celebi. Also, the actual anime isn't following the main games perse. It is more of GO that uses elements of all games and for that this format can continue for as much as they want it. Do you want salt in the wound? Gou getting a Celebi for time travel in some episodes could actually be a thing.
Outside of this season, more or less every iteration of the anime series followed the actual generation's games' core. Of course, they are not 1:1 adaptations, but they were clearly made to advertise the actual region, gyms, pokémons, characters, some plot etc. to a certain extent.

While the current travesty is unfortunate, the core things are still Dynamax/Gigantamax and defeating/competing against Galar Champion Leon, so Gen VIII gets the biggest highlight in the GO fanservice fest.

If the Arceus game is not officially Gen IX, then earliest 2023 would mark the arrival of Gen IX, if there will be a Gen IX. They better be not GO fisting the audience for 2.5 years more.