Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 23:15   Link #5901
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
I swear. Nakama power is even more hax in FT than Naruto.

I dare anyone, to put give an attempted explanation as to why this chap wasn't garbage.
i'd try but i would completely fail. the last few chapters are totally lame and ridiculous.

nakama power in naruto? is there such a thing? i thought naruto was all about messiah power?

ahhh...this is so typical shonen. the first part is usually good but by the time you get to the middle it spirals down into a deep abyss of crap.
Old 2011-08-21, 00:46   Link #5902
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Out of curiosity, has there been any shounen series that the Villains used Nakama power? I think that would be revolutionary to have Villains that fight like Heroes
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 01:22   Link #5903
Slayerx

oh how amazing it seems that just when natsu was beaten and out of power he seemed to summon up the power by calling upon friendship... again... for like the 8th time
Old 2011-08-21, 01:29   Link #5904
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
It's a little late to run away at this point. In their current state, the demons would chase them down and eat them. Might as well go out with style.

I thought it was a nice rousing speech. Hit the right themes, and gave the group the morale boost they needed right then. As a climax I felt it worked better than the last couple of arc climaxes.

Edit: Oh yeah, and remember, we still haven't seen Natsu crying from Charle's vision yet. If you really want to see bad things happen, there's still time.
I'm with you, brother. I thought I was the only one that liked this chapter and even Natsu's speech. Hell, he didn't even get a powerup, they literally had to throw him onto the enemy.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 01:34   Link #5905
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Out of curiosity, has there been any shounen series that the Villains used Nakama power? I think that would be revolutionary to have Villains that fight like Heroes
Dai no Daibouken had them for the Mid-Boss Hadlar. Whom even had a
Spoiler:

There are others, but DnD comes into mind because there's one exact scene in DnD that really feels similar to Fairy Tail's past few chapters...

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 01:47   Link #5906
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm with you, brother. I thought I was the only one that liked this chapter and even Natsu's speech. Hell, he didn't even get a powerup, they literally had to throw him onto the enemy.
I know this is gonna sound weird, what with Natsu being the main character and all, but imo he gets focused on a bit too much, I mean, for all the team spirit and guild talk, everyone else is just supporting Natsu. I had liked their first encounter with Hades a lot more, because everyone was actively fighting Hades, or at least trying to...even though they got owned.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 03:05   Link #5907
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
First it was Erza's fight, then Gray won easily, then Laxus made insignificant appearance and now this. So many troll moves in this arc.
Gray's fight was okay. He found a good counter for Ur's lost magic, then she lost her will to fight in the ocean, where she found something that refers back to the demon island arc. A nice treat for the long-term readers.

Erza's fight though, was too dramatic for the fight it was. The level of drama pumped out there is what you see when people fight end bosses, not mid bosses. That, and the random Jellal moment that made no sense.

Laxus... while I have no problem with his appearance, his passing the buck was meh. This could have been his great return to Fairy Tail, instead his fight went out with a fizzle. He didn't have to win, but a bit more oomph in his fight would have been appreciated.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-08-21 at 06:26.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 03:16   Link #5908
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Don't know what to tell you, some kids on other forums are loving this kind of thing, though. And while there are still those who find crap like this badass, shonen anime will never change...
Hope you're not implying that only kids can enjoy this.

We've been reading Fairy Tail for over 200 chapters, and now you people want more then just nakama power?
Old 2011-08-21, 03:19   Link #5909
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I can handle nakama power, I would have given up Fairy Tail long ago if I didn't. But the last few chapters have been a constant stream of "nakama power!" "HADES SMASH!" "nakama power!" " HADES SMASH! "nakama power" "HADES SMASH!"

It'd be nice if the fight actually ended.
Old 2011-08-21, 06:06   Link #5910
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
In all honestly, Laxus had no business in this arc.
Well, he kinda did when Gramps raised his hand towards the air and said something like inheriting his will. When they showed Laxus most of us thought that Gramps will die and he will be new Guild Master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Gray's fight was okay. He found a good counter for Ur's lost magic, then she lost her will to fight in the ocean, where she found something that refers back to the demon island arc, a nice treat for the long-term readers.

Erza's fight though, was too dramatic for the fight it was. The level of drama pumped out there is what you see when people fight end bosses, not mid bosses. That, and the random Jellal moment that made no sense.

Laxus... while I have no problem with his appearance, his passing the buck was meh. This could have been his great return to Fairy Tail, instead his fight went out with a fizzle. He didn't have to win, but a bit more oomph in his fight would have been appreciated.
Gray's battle was not bad, true. But somehow I expected more as they kinda showed Ul being really strong. I remembered that it took Gray and Lyon to beat Racer so I thought he would need a hand here as well. Although one can say that Gray got powerful from that time, but still...

Agreed on Erza's and Gray's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hope you're not implying that only kids can enjoy this.

We've been reading Fairy Tail for over 200 chapters, and now you people want more then just nakama power?
Of course not, I merely meant on those people who don't care about anything as long as good guys win with some awesome speech that doesn't have to make any sense as long as you're yelling it right.

I'm all for nakama's power but when you draw it's strength out of someone's ass it's not that interesting anymore. There is a limit in when this plot power can be used. And when I see them using it in a helpless situation like this any future drama will be pointless as I know that the good guys won't go down no matter what. And a friend doesn't have to be near you at that. Apparently you can sense their will from miles away.
Old 2011-08-21, 07:19   Link #5911
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well, he kinda did when Gramps raised his hand towards the air and said something like inheriting his will. When they showed Laxus most of us thought that Gramps will die and he will be new Guild Master.
I meant after that. Him showing up and fighting Hades served no purpose whatsoever other than to give Natsu his latest power-up, which didn't even last a single chapter and failed to end the battle on top of that.
Old 2011-08-21, 07:26   Link #5912
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The entire Laxus fight could have been cut and we'd have noticed no difference. The only thing that could make his fight useful is if it leads to him returning in the aftermath.
Old 2011-08-21, 08:37   Link #5913
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

To me, it feels that the past few chapters have been... to put it in a way, rather 'wastefully filler-ish.' Mashima is no stranger for not delivering the hype, but this arc feels particularly more awkward.

I mean... Just look at Jellal and Laxus in this arc. They basically had no purpose in their appearance other than to induce a cheap climax and NAKAMA power into the fights. They came, they served a rather mundane purpose, and then they left. Personally, I have never really minded these kind of things... but it's a bit jarring when that's all their scene was worth for.

The Jellal revelation to Erza could had been more subtly developed, but rather it was suddenly shoe-horned into a seemingly out-of-place fight with a not-so-related villain. The part where Hades seemingly recalled a small Laxus also ended up having no real meaning to it other than a sudden recalling from Hades.

Part of me feels that Mashima's writing this arc with ideas he's jotted down in points, but without the flow to actually back it up.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:39   Link #5914
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part of me feels that Mashima's writing this arc with ideas he's jotted down in points, but without the flow to actually back it up.
lulz. feels more like mashima joted the points, left, and then some dimwhit showed and tried connecting them without having a clue *irony off*

it's true it has all been there in previous arcs. so I guess we shouldnt feign dejected surprise even though I am very much tempted. I definetly agree it is amassing waaay too much this arc. nakama, that is and there is this eerie correlation it seems by which a rise in nakama goes along with a drop in quality ...
Old 2011-08-22, 11:28   Link #5915
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I think the past few chapters have been to hype up Hades as the final boss of sorts. Sort of like how Gale (the one who was the king) was in Rave. Although I too, agree that laxus giving the plothole-ish but ineffective power-up to Natsu was needless.

However, I think that Gildarts is being kept out to ensure that Hades isn't the final, final boss.

For gray's fight I think it was reasonable. Ultear's magic made it almost impossible for a mage to even hurt her. n fact, ironically, probably a good barefist martial artist would have stood a better chance.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 16:57   Link #5916
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

random question but has it been mention how many dragon slayers there are?
Old 2011-08-22, 17:04   Link #5917
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
random question but has it been mention how many dragon slayers there are?
No. We only know there's three at least three True Dragon Slayers, but there seems to be a lot of "New Age" Dragon Slayers.
Old 2011-08-22, 21:07   Link #5918
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Isn't there another top dark guild that needs to be taken care of?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 21:09   Link #5919
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Isn't there another top dark guild that needs to be taken care of?
Tartarus. They're the other major guild of the Balam Alliance besides Oracion Seis and Grimoire Heart.
Old 2011-08-22, 21:57   Link #5920
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
No. We only know there's three at least three True Dragon Slayers, but there seems to be a lot of "New Age" Dragon Slayers.
Technically we only know of two artificial dragon slayers, Luxus and Cobra. Which isn't exactly a lot.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen