AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What banner would you most like to see at the top of the forum?
^Aya^ - 01 28 11.07%
^Aya^ - 02 16 6.32%
Daniel E. - 10 16 6.32%
Daniel E. - 11 9 3.56%
Daniel E. - 12 51 20.16%
Deathkillz - 13 16 6.32%
Green² - 20 15 5.93%
Hellychan - 22 12 4.74%
i0td-23 28 11.07%
JOJOS'STAR - 30 5 1.98%
Kiva128 - 38 12 4.74%
mantidor - 49 14 5.53%
Slugzilla - 78 31 12.25%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-07, 14:27   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebors View Post
i like the 11... what anime is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
I'm flattered you think she's from an anime but she's Kairin - AnimeSuki's mascot.

There's a thread here with more art if you want to check it out:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33516
While Kairin is wonderful, I really think he was referring to Daniel E. - 11, not the 11th banner in this poll. I don't think that banner is taken from an anime, though I cannot name the source either. Perhaps Daniel E. would be so kind?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-07, 14:55   Link #62
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
While Kairin is wonderful, I really think he was referring to Daniel E. - 11, not the 11th banner in this poll. I don't think that banner is taken from an anime, though I cannot name the source either. Perhaps Daniel E. would be so kind?

LOL!

I thought the person meant the 11th one down...talk about a weird coincidence. If it was any other number I wouldn't have said anything.

Anyways...Daniel E. - 11 to me looks like Sakura from Fate Stay Night. Could be wrong (as usual.....>.>)
Btw, I don't mean to jinx you or anything but with an 18 vote lead over the closest challenger, I think it's safe to assume that Daniel E. has won this one.

EDIT: See kids, now you know the importance of being specific.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-10-07 at 15:11.
Old 2006-10-07, 16:13   Link #63
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yay for multi-quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It was part of an image pack from the boyis wallpaper site, under the label of Clover studio. The image doesn't has a signature from the artist or an address to track down I am afraid.

I actually mentioned this on the first page of this thread by the way.

Quote:
Anyways...Daniel E. - 11 to me looks like Sakura from Fate Stay Night. Could be wrong (as usual.....>.>)
Btw, I don't mean to jinx you or anything but with an 18 vote lead over the closest challenger, I think it's safe to assume that Daniel E. has won this one.
I dont feel like *trowing salt at myself right now, So I am just gonna let the voting moves forward.

* old mexican saying
Old 2006-10-07, 16:14   Link #64
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I think kiva's banner should be a default win.

I mean, obviously if Kairin is not on the top of the forum whats the point of having her representing us.
If we don't display her, how can she mascot?

And since Kiva's banner is the last Kairin remaining it should be floating up there as frequently as the winners.
Old 2006-10-07, 16:25   Link #65
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oh yes, we broke the voting record of the last contest a few votes a go.

Yaaaay for that.
Old 2006-10-07, 16:30   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
daniel E dnt be so modest youve obviously won double the about of votes than the 2nd place...
*starts to open champaign and party poppers* ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-07, 17:04   Link #67
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR View Post

I mean, obviously if Kairin is not on the top of the forum whats the point of having her representing us.

And since Kiva's banner is the last Kairin remaining it should be floating up there as frequently as the winners.
I appreciate that JOJO but I don't think I should receive any special treatment. I mean yeah, I would love to see Kairin win but to be fair, she was the winner of the previous banner contest which was great to see.

My banner didn't win (again) so that means I'll just have to try harder next time...although I can't imagine that since I tried pretty hard this time. Kairin and I have a "never give up" attitude when it comes to things.

It's also interesting to note that the last banner contest was won by...SaiyaGina who is from Mexico and now it seems like Daniel E. will win who is also from Mexico. What are the odds?

And I respect the fact you don't want to count your chickens before they hatch Daniel E. but let's put it this way: I would be VERY surprised if you didn't win considering the lead you have and the amount of days remaining.
Old 2006-10-07, 17:14   Link #68
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower View Post
^Aya^ - 02's neko, looks strangely familiar to:

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wa...aioh/item4759/

They're both vectored, both gray

Only problem is, Sunira made her's first. The one in the banner was probably just flipped. I was wondering if Aya asked for permission.
I just found the vector of the cat searching on google images.. (I cant post the link, try searching "neko" on google images).. What should have i do?
Old 2006-10-07, 17:16   Link #69
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Aya^ View Post
I just found the vector of the cat searching on google images.. (I cant post the link, try searching "neko" on google images).. What should have i do?
edit: ok you fixed it. good
Old 2006-10-07, 18:31   Link #70
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
It's also interesting to note that the last banner contest was won by...SaiyaGina who is from Mexico and now it seems like Daniel E. will win who is also from Mexico. What are the odds?
I suddenly remembered the good old FFXII Online site; Back when they were deciding about who would become the new mods of the forums.

It was like...WTF!? two mexicans as mods!? what are the odds of that happening.

Quote:
I dont think you have done anything wrong Aya. Pics bounce around the net pretty much at all times, and some pics can be found on many places not related to the original source.

Even if the artist put his/her name on the pic, there's no telling how many times the original can be changed before you actually find it. If the artist gets in touch with you and tells you to credit him/her, then by all means please do so. Still, if the credit is not given, I think is right to cut the people some slack and understand that the internet is quite a big place.

And for the record, I dont mind if my traces are used for banners, sigs, wallpapers or avatars.
Old 2006-10-07, 18:54   Link #71
simplev3ngeance
- Write Name Here -

Ahhh just saw this contest now, ive been away from the comp. Id like to suggest a banner, im not in it for the money but just cause i love this site lol

Old 2006-10-07, 19:01   Link #72
simplev3ngeance
- Write Name Here -

Sorry kept changing it lol

Old 2006-10-07, 19:08   Link #73
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplev3ngeance View Post
Ahhh just saw this contest now, ive been away from the comp. Id like to suggest a banner, im not in it for the money but just cause i love this site lol

Sorry, but the contest is in the final stages right now. The entry deadline has passed. Sorry.

For furture reference, your baner edges won't work with our requirements.
Quote:
The rest of the rules:

* All entries must have Kairin or a Halloween theme.
* Banners are 760x100 and a maximum of 60KB in size, using the gradiant below as a guide.
* The edges of all banners must blend into the top bar. Please see below for details.
See this thread for the full set of rules. Hope to see you enter in future contests. Keep up the good work. Cheers.
Old 2006-10-07, 19:12   Link #74
simplev3ngeance
- Write Name Here -

Oh i see, lol no big next holidays coming up soon. Well thanks for telling me bout the border, guess i didnt pay attention to that rule lol. Although it would be an easy fix though if i needed to fix it.
Old 2006-10-07, 19:13   Link #75
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Oh i see, lol no big next holidays coming up soon..
Well, there's always the December holiday season. You never know.
Old 2006-10-07, 19:16   Link #76
simplev3ngeance
- Write Name Here -

Or if Animesuki's a thanksgiving one too.. lol.. I'd love a general banner catagory, could be more creative with it. Definetely would be death note based heheh. Anyway i like number 49.. but i read something that new members shouldnt vote or something
Old 2006-10-07, 19:40   Link #77
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Wow! Daniel E. is far far ahead

simplev3ngeance: Gahh!! I would have loved to have a Death Note banner for Halloween! Too bad you didn't come sooner
Old 2006-10-07, 21:08   Link #78
acidflower

Quote:
I'm not blaming aya, but now that s/he knows the author's name, she has the choice to contact her or not.

Here's her userpage, just pm her:
http://sunira.animepaper.net/
Old 2006-10-07, 22:41   Link #79
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
So we are probably gonna have a Christmas banner contest too, Catgirl?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-10-08, 00:20   Link #80
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR View Post

Well, I'm going to go out and admit that even if Kiva's banner does not place in the top three, I'm still going to give it some time in the rotation. She is our mascot after all. I very well might give Hellychan's some time in the rotation for the exact same reason. That's the power of our mascot. I cannot deny her desire to be adored.

Quote:
Or if Animesuki's a thanksgiving one too.. lol.. I'd love a general banner catagory, could be more creative with it. Definetely would be death note based heheh. Anyway i like number 49.. but i read something that new members shouldnt vote or something
Sorry, but that is true. You're going to be welcome to vote in the next contest though. Speaking of which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
So we are probably gonna have a Christmas banner contest too, Catgirl?
I'll just say that if Catgirls wants to put up another prize, there will be another contest.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest