AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 00:12   Link #2601
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
LULZ and amusement, we've seen him do this before with Jin's fanboys.
But he's pretty explicit in his goal of awakening the Aquarion of Genesis for which he seems convinced that he needs Kagura as Apollo and his love for Sylvie. Given what his goal is, misdirecting Kagura (and the audience) with Mikono when its someone else makes utterly no sense from any angle you might look at it. Even if he's not human, he's still carrying a desire in mind, and going about it in a way that won't get him to said desire is stupid (contrived plot shenanigans not withstanding). Why risk his *Apollo* for a fake Sylvie? If its someone else then just make him hunt that other person, Mykage and Fudo both know of the *Forbidden Love* that Mikono and Kagura represent (Episode 5 is when Aquarion registers it and Fudo talks of it, and Mykage is the one who talks about reawakening it). There's just no justifiable motive for Mykage to not be fueling Kagura to chase down the *real* Sylvie especially if he's pitting his only key to Aquarion of Genesis against the Machine Angle and Amata.

How does any one else play into this? I have no clue, but the shows gone to too great a length to establish who the *Forbidden Lovers* are and what it all means (courtesy of this episode), to just throw it to the wind through misdirection and red herrings. (There's really no way to even justify the Ep. 5 reaction (Mikono's and the Aquarion's) if you turn this into a red herring. (Oh... she's only *like* Sylvie but smelled like her clear across a city filled with every other possible candidate in the whole show, reacted with high-voltage to Kagura's affection, triggered *Forbidden Lovers*, and... turned out to just be some *other* girl.))

There are still some mysteries floating around: Amata's father (whom I think Izumo either knows, or the powers of flight are tied to Alicia, because he really does seem to recognize something about Amata), Amata's robot stalker, Amata's lack of smell, Zessica as the possible Eve, Zessica's TV vision of Apollon and Sylvie, and the list goes on, but they really don't have much of a strong basis up to this point to somehow undermine or change the direction of what's been established for Mikono and Kagura...

...Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? God only knows.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:18   Link #2602
TurquoiseThyme

Just watched the subs....

Now I have lots of questions, particularly about Amata.

Spoiler for Ep 11 Amata:
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:24   Link #2603
Thess

I don't know. So far, Mykage doesn't seem to show a single shred of interest in Amata.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:34   Link #2604
TurquoiseThyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't know. So far, Mykage doesn't seem to show a single shred of interest in Amata.
I wouldn't say it is interest.....
Spoiler for Ep 11:
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:36   Link #2605
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Seems to me that from their discussion (Izumo and Mykage), that they know that Amata is Alicia's son or at least the pilot of Aquarion but its especially confusing that Mykage talks about the golden haired, golden eyed boy... who doesn't exist. Unless, perhaps, its his father and it was some roundabout reference to where Amata's abilities come from.

The way the scene worked out, it led me to believe that Izumo either recognizes the ability of flight as something from his own past (perhaps it was the ability of a comrade) or its Alicia's ability, and Amata has inherited it. But Mykage's lack of interest isn't surprising as he doesn't care about Alicia or her child, and calls her trash anyway.
Old 2012-03-13, 00:55   Link #2606
Zuul

Quote:
Spoiler for theories:
I also think it's a parallele universe and that something not so nice happened between Sylvie and Appollon.

I have no idea of who Amata is. But his being a descendant makes sense. He could also be a reincarnation. The lack of smell is particularly weird.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 00:57   Link #2607
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Keep in mind that, in universe, Amata is more like a redhead than a blondie (Donar called him redhead in episode 3. And it wasn't an error: he said something with the "aka" word iirc). In the place where I live, we tend to mix blond and red hair colours. So I can see how they can mix both of hair colours.

That being said, I think he really has golden hair (and how. His hair is really bright, sometimes it's like fire), but Alicia had pinkish eyes. So maybe they're talking about his father?

Editing, because I've just remembered that when Amata's image mirrored in the water is being overrwriten by Kagura's image, there's a moment when he has golden eyes by the magic of the transition.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-03-13 at 01:07.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 01:40   Link #2608
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I also think it's a parallele universe and that something not so nice happened between Sylvie and Appollon.

I have no idea of who Amata is. But his being a descendant makes sense. He could also be a reincarnation. The lack of smell is particularly weird.
Not wierd at all imo. This episode showed Kagura has wings just like Amata. It likely shows that they are both reincarnations of Apollo. Whether reincarnations of Apollo's from different worlds or maybe Kagura is the dark portion of Apollo's soul and Amata is the light portion of his soul hence why Kagura can't recognize Amata's smell. It's too similar to his own.

Solar wings are a very specific feature of Apollonius and no one else. Apollo died with the Aquarion that held the solar wings which could've returned them to his soul but all the shit he went through could've split his soul again but this time with both part holding the wings.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:18   Link #2609
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not wierd at all imo. This episode showed Kagura has wings just like Amata. It likely shows that they are both reincarnations of Apollo. Whether reincarnations of Apollo's from different worlds or maybe Kagura is the dark portion of Apollo's soul and Amata is the light portion of his soul hence why Kagura can't recognize Amata's smell. It's too similar to his own.

Solar wings are a very specific feature of Apollonius and no one else. Apollo died with the Aquarion that held the solar wings which could've returned them to his soul but all the shit he went through could've split his soul again but this time with both part holding the wings.
I don't exclude Amata could be an Appolonius/Appollon/Appollo reincarnation but it's not as crystal clear as it is for Kagura atm. He does look suspiciously like Appollonius after all. But I believe they will keep it in the fog until season 2 at least.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:24   Link #2610
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kagura also having the wings? Well, Kawamori, tell us something we don't know....

Oh wait, Zessica also having visions of Apollon/Sylvie, the same as Kagura's? First explicit clue that connects Zessica to Sylvia (or at least this series version of her, Sylvie) if you don't count the telekinesis power.

And poor Kagura. All that NTR has driven him wanting to kill Mikono. The wonders of what NTR can do to people.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:29   Link #2611
kuromitsu

Quote:
Amata = descendant of "Apollon" and "Sylvie" (through Alicia, his mother). He has huge mommy issues, I’m not surprised he fell for Mikono. ... Most of his deja vu were because Mikono reminded him to his mom and the movie stuff.
OK, is there any proof at all for Amata being attracted to Mikono only because she reminded him of Alisia? I mean proof that is not some manga adaptation that as far as I know no-one has seen in Japanese yet? (And that doesn't look different from the anime...) Ah well, the next episode will probably make this clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
Are the subs right when Mykage describes Amata as the boy with GOLDEN eyes? Because if they are golden, then does that mean that Amata has had his mind being influenced by Mykage his whole life since Alicia was abducted? Do his currently Magenta eyes mean he might be a sleeper agent for Mykage! [/SPOILER]
Yeah, golden eyes and flaxen hair. Flaxen is okay I guess (reddish-blonde), but neither Amata nor Alisia have golden eyes. (Kagura does.) But I don't think Amata's eyes are like that because of Mykage, at least he had those eyes ever since he was a small kid. Plus, Jin's goons didn't have the same eye color when under Mykage's influence, it was more red (plus they had fabulous makeup).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:32   Link #2612
ReddyRedWolf

Well that was 12,000 years too late. Deava thought the Solar Wings/Wings of the Sun would be reborn in the Alisia family line. When in fact he is born to an Alisia. Alisia in Aquarion was Apollonius and Celiane's daughter.

Mykage wants the Aquarion buried in Vega. That would make Vega the TV Aquarion universe. He is using Kagura to find it. He doesn't care of the Humans of Altair.

Mykage alludes to Apollon being reborn countless times. If we take into consideration parallel universes such as the OVA universe he has a point. Infinite Apollonius and infinite Apollos. Some would be known as Apollon.

Now there is a possibility that the Sylvie of Altair's universe was reborn in Vega. In the OVA Reika was willing to accept punishment of misfortune for her and Scorpius mistakes in exchange of joining Apollo and Silvia. In the TV universe the Reika there was cursed with misfortune. Also at the end of the OVA and before the beginning of the TV series Silvia who did not meet yet Apollo knew his name.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:42   Link #2613
Ypocaramel

Mind games aside, the love as power / love is dangerous theme is still alive and still very much central to the plot. Balant, even. And very closely related to Kagura/Mikono Apollon/Sylvie and Aquarion going crazy - I wonder if Fudo can take that banner of his for recycling when that's resolved?
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:48   Link #2614
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

How does any one else play into this? I have no clue, but the shows gone to too great a length to establish who the *Forbidden Lovers* are and what it all means (courtesy of this episode), to just throw it to the wind through misdirection and red herrings. (There's really no way to even justify the Ep. 5 reaction (Mikono's and the Aquarion's) if you turn this into a red herring. (Oh... she's only *like* Sylvie but smelled like her clear across a city filled with every other possible candidate in the whole show, reacted with high-voltage to Kagura's affection, triggered *Forbidden Lovers*, and... turned out to just be some *other* girl.))

...Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? God only knows.
The answer
Spoiler:
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:49   Link #2615
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well that was 12,000 years too late. Deava thought the Solar Wings/Wings of the Sun would be reborn in the Alisia family line. When in fact he is born to an Alisia. Alisia in Aquarion was Apollonius and Celiane's daughter.

Mykage wants the Aquarion buried in Vega. That would make Vega the TV Aquarion universe. He is using Kagura to find it. He doesn't care of the Humans of Altair.

Mykage alludes to Apollon being reborn countless times. If we take into consideration parallel universes such as the OVA universe he has a point. Infinite Apollonius and infinite Apollos. Some would be known as Apollon.

Now there is a possibility that the Sylvie of Altair's universe was reborn in Vega. In the OVA Reika was willing to accept punishment of misfortune for her and Scorpius mistakes in exchange of joining Apollo and Silvia. In the TV universe the Reika there was cursed with misfortune. Also at the end of the OVA and before the beginning of the TV series Silvia who did not meet yet Apollo knew his name.
2 universes = 2 sets of reincarnation is a seducing theory.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:57   Link #2616
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Seems to me that from their discussion (Izumo and Mykage), that they know that Amata is Alicia's son or at least the pilot of Aquarion but its especially confusing that Mykage talks about the golden haired, golden eyed boy... who doesn't exist. Unless, perhaps, its his father and it was some roundabout reference to where Amata's abilities come from.

The way the scene worked out, it led me to believe that Izumo either recognizes the ability of flight as something from his own past (perhaps it was the ability of a comrade) or its Alicia's ability, and Amata has inherited it. But Mykage's lack of interest isn't surprising as he doesn't care about Alicia or her child, and calls her trash anyway.

He's informed, but he's not interested in him personally as he is in Kagura or is wary (like Zen seemed to be about Kagura).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
OK, is there any proof at all for Amata being attracted to Mikono only because she reminded him of Alisia? I mean proof that is not some manga adaptation that as far as I know no-one has seen in Japanese yet? (And that doesn't look different from the anime...) Ah well, the next episode will probably make this clear...
I hope you're joking. He's into the movie because of Alisia. He's into Mikono because of the movie in the first place. They met there and their first contact was about the movie. He feels helpless as his destiny flies away because he lost Alisia, so his issues came from Alisia (and being bullied). The love interest reminds the hero to his long lost mom is pretty popular cliché in anime (see: Sheryl is wearing Alto's dead mom's kimono from a previous Kawamori show).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 04:55   Link #2617
pingva

I don't know what to say about golden eyes. I just know that Amata has magenta eyes. I don't see any problem with flaxen hair, because if you ask me to describe Amata's hair I would never use a word red, it looks to me orange-brown.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:22   Link #2618
mayumi

i think the reason why zessica is always only indirectly linked in the triangle is because the mirror cannot show the reflection of her self in it. the mirror is the book of genesis. zessica's relfection can see and read the past but she cannot be involved in it cause her reflection is blind. so it could really be zessica in the picture instead of mikono but everyone will only see mikono.
also if we keep seeing the boook in the mirror and the eyes of mikono are also closed then i am going to say mikono in the reflection is also blind.

also everyone in this series dyed their hair. amata might actually be in mikage's control.

Edit: in the forbidden union thingy zesica will still be involved cause of mikono's connect element.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-13 at 05:41.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:26   Link #2619
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kinda disappointing that the YunohaxJin pairing was shoved aside but hopefully the next episode will deliver.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:50   Link #2620
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^
I personally think the next episode is filler when looking at the preview, especially considering where we left off in this episode.

Tags
comedy, science fiction