AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 15:15   Link #861
kuromitsu

Ep 9

aka "everyone wants a piece of Hibiki"... XDDD well, not that I mind. But seriously, in the A part, was there a reason why they kept showing the bed instead of making Alcor move in some other direction? XDD I mean, aside of service. XD

Alcor was amusing, though.

Also, this was the most awkward dinner I've ever seen in anime. Yamato is steadily collecting death flags, I don't see him dying, at least not from Hibiki's hands...

I hoped the fight would be longer, but I guess at this point this is all we get...

Poor Io. I hope she'll survive... :/ I'd hate to see the BFF trio break up for whatever reason. (I'm sure it's going to happen eventually, though...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-30 at 15:30.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 15:39   Link #862
ChampDream
Alive

Alcor stole the show for me.
that was really a awkward dinner.
Yamato sure wants Hibiki for himself
Old 2013-05-30, 16:09   Link #863
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I find the effect of a cube, with the length of 500 kilometre, dropping on Earth pretty mild.
In the game when Alioth fell, Sapporo was already a dead city. And it means exactly what it sounds like, everyone there had already died. Just some random game trivia.
Old 2013-05-30, 16:40   Link #864
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
In the game when Alioth fell, Sapporo was already a dead city. And it means exactly what it sounds like, everyone there had already died. Just some random game trivia.
Well there was the possibility there were still survivors they couldn't contact but still yeah and it got omitted for the most part.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:06   Link #865
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode pretty much confirms there will be a reset. It's either that or a bad end, unless you happen to agree with Yamato.
Old 2013-05-30, 18:37   Link #866
Kirarakim

I am still hoping there won't be a reset but I am also somewhat expecting one. :/

Best moments were definitely Hibiki having tea with Alcor & the Hibiki/Yamato elevator moment...

As for Io since they pretty much said "you will die" I think she will actually survive. Maybe she will only pretend to die. Don't ask me why though.
Old 2013-05-30, 19:01   Link #867
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

I seriously forgot what I was watching for a moment and thought Yamato would go in for a kiss or aggressive make out there /////
Old 2013-05-30, 19:37   Link #868
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
I seriously forgot what I was watching for a moment and thought Yamato would go in for a kiss or aggressive make out there /////
I have to admit I was thinking it too

Thinking back on a reset ending the only way I think it wouldn't be completely disappointing is if someone had to sacrifice themselves to save everyone else (the likely subjects being Alcor, Hibiki, or Yamato)

I still want Daichi to be able to do something before the end.
Old 2013-05-30, 19:53   Link #869
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Thinking back on a reset ending the only way I think it wouldn't be completely disappointing is if someone had to sacrifice themselves to save everyone else (the likely subjects being Alcor, Hibiki, or Yamato)
*rolls around in denial about Yamato's death flags because Hibiki would never 'execute' him like he told him to and that's the only possible choice after that since he's on decent terms with Alcor here and he might already be dying what with all those attacks* Why is this anime doing this to meeeee?????
Old 2013-05-30, 20:28   Link #870
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ep 9
<snip>

Poor Io. I hope she'll survive... :/ I'd hate to see the BFF trio break up for whatever reason. (I'm sure it's going to happen eventually, though...)
I like the "kill them" approach and rather looking forward to Io dying. Hibiki's tied up with Alcor and Yamato now so her role is prob ending. I hope she has a spectacular death.
Old 2013-05-30, 21:57   Link #871
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
well you tell me how to safely destroy a 50km monstrosity falling from the ionosphere. Also the world's gonna reset or create a new world anyway, whoever dies doesn't matter, they can come back like a backup from a computer hard drive (since the anime uses a lot of computer jargon)
I particularly like the ED song, fits the mood, great anime IMO
Old 2013-05-31, 02:22   Link #872
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

tomorrow youll die for us........ they sure say the stupidest things in the last min of a show, i better not expand on that, all the game players will know what i mean though
Old 2013-05-31, 03:57   Link #873
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Indeed. The anime demons and Septentriones sure are being lazy, what with all the still-living civilians in Sapporo before Alioth drop. Also, we didn't get to see Alioth's particular elemental attack (Curse, specifically poison, for the curious).
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 05:01   Link #874
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was one heck of an uncomfortable dinner. If nothing awkward happens between Hibiki and Yamato then Yamato and that Dr. Kanno should totally hook up. Both don't seem to give a damn about anybody after all .

Yamato waving around the death flags for sure in this one. Not surprising there would be negative effects to the insane stuff he's pulled off. Not to mention pretty well setting himself to be the final boss before the survivors can meet with Polaris. Not surprised that Alcor pretty much gave up on that guy. There's only one solution in Yamato's mind and any other opinions are pointless.

Well I'd hope Io doesn't get killed, but could see it happening. Would make aiming for that reset all the more pressing. Plus might be something that would piss Daichi off enough for him to actually become useful in combat.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:59   Link #875
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Considering the fact that it's "unpredictable" (mostly in terms of anime evenst VS game events), Io has a 45% chance to survive the next day at best. And that's me being optimistic.

All in all, I kind of liked the episode as a whole, but the Alioth battle wasn't very interesting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:13   Link #876
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Considering the fact that it's "unpredictable" (mostly in terms of anime evenst VS game events), Io has a 45% chance to survive the next day at best. And that's me being optimistic.

All in all, I kind of liked the episode as a whole, but the Alioth battle wasn't very interesting.
It's not unpredictable if you choose the right actions. In fact, the anime is the one that is deviating. Makoto made it sound like there was no chance for Io to survive and that her death was a forgone conclusion. Perhaps she did not want to tell Io that the chance of survival in this adaptation was so low for some reason? Or that Hibiki hasn't raised her confidence enough to give her a will to live?

...don't die Io!
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:25   Link #877
whitecloud

Angel...sahaquiel...or is it sarael
Old 2013-05-31, 13:54   Link #878
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
In fact, the anime is the one that is deviating.
That's exactly what I meant by "unpredictable".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 21:38   Link #879
melina_putri

Episode 10 preview:

melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 22:27   Link #880
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
Episode 10 preview:

Looks like it could go either way, but her hand reaching out to Hibiki's gives me hope.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona