Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-21, 01:07   Link #2741
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Didn't she call Qrow her uncle?
Apparently even the RWBY wiki says Crow is Raven's brother so I'm not really sure anymore (then again the wiki could be wrong).

Furthermore, its not uncommon to call the friends of your parents uncle/auntie and even if my previous statement doesn't apply Crow is still kinda Ruby's step-uncle by virtue of being the brother of the woman her father (apparently) married after her biological mother died.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 04:07   Link #2742
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Soooo, does anyone remember the Link versus Cloud battle?

Where they call Sepiroth a planet killer?

And then they specifically bring up Tifa surviving his attacks as one of her feats?

And then let Yang so much as scratch her skin?

Yeah, that's called doing it wrong.
They also showed her beating up loz who has sephiroths physical strength with casual punches totally her stats go down when shes not using limit break. Also them saying yang won because of her semblance is as comical as saying goku can beat anyone because of zenkai boosts alone.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 04:11   Link #2743
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for After watching the Death Battle:
Old 2015-10-21, 05:37   Link #2744
Tenzen12

Ehm what are you guys talking about? No matter where I look it seems their showdown is not out yet. Did they shut it down because all flaming and making "correct" version or what?
Old 2015-10-21, 06:13   Link #2745
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ehm what are you guys talking about? No matter where I look it seems their showdown is not out yet. Did they shut it down because all flaming and making "correct" version or what?
It was broadcast live on Twitch TV. But here's the video on Youtube.

Old 2015-10-21, 07:01   Link #2746
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for After watching the Death Battle:
-Slams door on your butt-

Like I said, they got Bias Banged. no way around it. They pulled a Cloud/Link bull.
Old 2015-10-21, 13:51   Link #2747
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Apparently even the RWBY wiki says Crow is Raven's brother so I'm not really sure anymore (then again the wiki could be wrong).

Furthermore, its not uncommon to call the friends of your parents uncle/auntie and even if my previous statement doesn't apply Crow is still kinda Ruby's step-uncle by virtue of being the brother of the woman her father (apparently) married after her biological mother died.
You have it backwards--Yang's the older sister, so Taiyang would have been married to Yang's mother, then Raven left, then Taiyang hooked up with Summer Rose, and they had Ruby. (Since Raven's not dead and so therefore Taiyang isn't a widower, that might explain why Ruby has Summer's last name instead of Taiyang, because Taiyang and Summer might not have been married.)

The other part makes perfect sense, though. Qrow is actually Yang's uncle by blood, so since the half-sisters are being raised together, Ruby just calls him uncle, too.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 16:57   Link #2748
Chosen_Hero

Yes, because just calling someone uncle is without a shadow of doubt proof that they are sisters from the same father, it's not like when she was young there were complications and everyone decided to keep it secret for some reason, also let's overlook the fact that Ruby looks nothing like her supposed father while Yang at least got his hair.

I can't believe that a character that helped fight Sephiroth (in his final forms) and the Weapons (you knkw those chwap as hell assholes who protect the world or something) can't win against someone whose strongest opponents are a runof the mill mech and a tiny dual haired colored umbrella wielding girl because of let me see if I got this right, going through a wall and completely negating antrhing that happened during the battle sequences (you know, what matters in a death BATTLE) because of "player intervention".

Yangs win totally had nothing to do with Season 3 starting soon or anything, right?
Old 2015-10-21, 17:20   Link #2749
Twi

Kyero, that slams butt thing is toeing the line.
Old 2015-10-21, 17:45   Link #2750
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Apparently Monty was the one who edited the wiki to say Qrow was Raven's brother a while back.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 00:31   Link #2751
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

RWBY Wikia is the most reliable source for RWBY related information. The people there, barring a few more opinionated ones are helpful, friendly and most importantly accurate.
Old 2015-10-22, 00:47   Link #2752
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If it's not accurate, then it wouldn't have been used by Rooster Teeth's staff to gauge fan reception.
Also, it's linked at the Grimm Eclipse official site.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 03:36   Link #2753
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To me the outcome sounded somewhat believable, given the data they used. I'm fairly sure if they focused on slightly different aspects then the tables would probably be tipped in the other's favor. Regardless, according to their internal logic, (mainly the actual number crunching), that sounded like a logical conclusion.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-10-22 at 18:35. Reason: Removed unnecessary provocation
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 05:22   Link #2754
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
RWBY Wikia is the most reliable source for RWBY related information. The people there, barring a few more opinionated ones are helpful, friendly and most importantly accurate.
I think so as well but as a rule I normally take things seen on wikis witch a grain of salt.

It's mostly a precautionary measure until I see other people confirm what I see there
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 05:40   Link #2755
Tenzen12

Yeah, by data used it was fairly belivable. That said they didn't show much about Tifas durability (if there are feats for it). Depending on that, results might be different.
Old 2015-10-22, 07:19   Link #2756
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If Yang didn't have THAT much trouble fighting Tifa then by extension Tifa'd get her shit completely wrecked by Napolitana, which is odd because Yang is mostly pure power while Tifa is finesse.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 09:15   Link #2757
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Who's napolitana again?

Also, finesse? I don't really recall seeing Tifa do anything other than punch things really hard. And I've seen the movie and played the game. But feel free to correct me if I missed something, I'm not an expert.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:37   Link #2758
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Who's napolitana again?
I knew her as Neo. Didn't actually realize she had a full(er) name. (Neopolitan)
Old 2015-10-22, 11:40   Link #2759
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To me the outcome sounded somewhat believable, given the data they used. I'm fairly sure if they focused on slightly different aspects then the tables would probably be tipped in the other's favor. Regardless, according to their internal logic, (mainly the actual number crunching), that sounded like a logical conclusion.

But of course I have now committed the unforgivable crime of not worshiping normal people as gods, so let the flaming commence, I care not. Flame away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah, by data used it was fairly belivable. That said they didn't show much about Tifas durability (if there are feats for it). Depending on that, results might be different.
Yeah, problem is that by their own research Tifa survived attacks by a planet buster. Which they then ignore and call her a glass cannon.

And Dengar, what is this "normal people as gods" thing you're so obsessed with? Sephiroth uses an attack that canonically involves creating a solar system just so he can blow people up with the sun inside it. Tifa can suplex a monster bigger than Mt. Everest. Cloud's Omnislash is described as being faster than light. Etc. etc.

Does any of that sound like "normal" to you? Are you under the impression these guys are just humans with oddly large weapons or something?
Old 2015-10-22, 11:55   Link #2760
Chosen_Hero

This is the last thing i'll say about the death battle:

(From a conversation I had in Youtube)

Fair? when your arguement is basically, "They had to nerf Tifa because otherwise she would have too much of an advantage". (This is when someone was trying to explain why some of the canonical and legit ways of fighting in the FF world had to be cut out to make them fight on par)

(This is the important part):

Look if things had been done right and they stood by their own words of "... at their FULL potential" then I wouldn't care who won or lost (the same I will say of Cloud vs Link) but, considering how the supposed "research" was handled and a barely developed character with just two seasons under her belt and some pretty normal feats when compared to other series that are of the same genre beats a character that is know to have taken place/helped and survived in fighting a Planet Buster level villain and what are basically the planets immune system (the weapons) I'm going to have problems with it, especially considering that:

1) Screwattack and Rooster Teeth are bunk buddies.

2) The creator of RWBY died this very year.

3) There's a RWBY game that's going to release soon.

4) The next season of RWBY is literally about to begin in a few days.

It's pretty easy to see the bs piling up on this death battle in one sides favor.

And No, FF7 remake being announced at E3 does not compare to the promotion RWBY is getting because unlike RWBY that game is years off.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby