AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-21, 04:06   Link #661
Skye629

We will have some new footage, as well as an opening/ending

And if you think about it, they HAVE to add new footage, otherwise the transitions between episodes would painful

Anyways it will be a fun way to kill time after IBO finishes

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 04:29   Link #662
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

you know i think people will lose their shit if they somehow sneak in more MS designs that didn't appear in the ova version IN THE NAME OF MARKETING!!! because its Bandai......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 09:14   Link #663
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Why??

Why do they have to milk Unicorn all over again?

Since it's Universal Century gundams we're talking about, can't we have Sentinel or Crossbone instead??
Old 2016-02-21, 11:43   Link #664
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

ANN says the show will be two cour. Does that mean they will stretch out this 7 episode OVA into a 25 episode series?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 11:48   Link #665
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Why??

Why do they have to milk Unicorn all over again?

Since it's Universal Century gundams we're talking about, can't we have Sentinel or Crossbone instead??
They're just cutting up the OVAs into a TV series and who cares as long as we're getting new music by sawano.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 12:10   Link #666
Vash1306
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
ANN says the show will be two cour. Does that mean they will stretch out this 7 episode OVA into a 25 episode series?
Each OVA are about 60 mins. each and the 7th being 1 hr and 30 mins. So they might try and divide each OVA into 3 episodes.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 12:11   Link #667
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I wonder if that will will act as a gap filler till a new gundam series this fall
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 13:41   Link #668
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The only thing I'm wondering is if they'll change up the Loni incident to be closer to the novel canon.
Old 2016-02-21, 18:11   Link #669
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
They're just cutting up the OVAs into a TV series and who cares as long as we're getting new music by sawano.
The music is the main reason I am looking forward to this, even if I do wonder whether this was necessary.
Old 2016-02-21, 19:09   Link #670
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

As long as they add content that can expand things more greatly or better explain some things (largely in the latter half) for people like me, who haven't read the LN or manga, I don't mind a series version. I've read comparisons to the LN and it sounds like the OVA, while not bad, definitely was missing some chunks of content.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 02:40   Link #671
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Crossbone Gundam big announcement coming next month.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 04:27   Link #672
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

^OMIGOSH

*crosses fingers for Crossbone Gundam anime series*
Old 2016-03-25, 07:16   Link #673
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Hype indeed. But I honestly don't expect much, just so that I won't be disappointed when it turns out to be non-anime.

Btw, whatever happen to the plan to animate Hathaway's Flash/Brilliant Hathaway after Unicorn's calendar? They even teased the MS of that period (Gustav Karl) in Unicorn's last episode.
Old 2016-03-25, 10:19   Link #674
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

seriously, if they made another spin-off manga i am not sure what story line are they going to come up with, i mean they already reached the Zanscare Empire war era of Victory, so a possibility of an animated adaptation might be strong,

also where is the kit for the X-0 Ghost? unless i have to buy another X-1 & spray paint that sucker.
Old 2016-03-25, 18:34   Link #675
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
seriously, if they made another spin-off manga i am not sure what story line are they going to come up with, i mean they already reached the Zanscare Empire war era of Victory, so a possibility of an animated adaptation might be strong,

also where is the kit for the X-0 Ghost? unless i have to buy another X-1 & spray paint that sucker.
Or, not meaning to jinx anything but, something that takes place during the ten year period between F91 and the first Crossbone Gundam! Prototype Crossbone Gundams! XP
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 04:24   Link #676
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

uh, so the new Crossbone project is another sequel, this time the manga is set beyond Victory's timeline (U.C. 0168),

not sure if they tried to poke fun reference of the after Victory era works which aren't cannon such as Gaia Gear & the unfortunate G-Saviour.
Old 2016-04-26, 10:11   Link #677
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Also, I don't know whether it's been mentioned but a G-Reco Special Edition movie is in the works.
Old 2016-04-26, 10:47   Link #678
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
uh, so the new Crossbone project is another sequel, this time the manga is set beyond Victory's timeline (U.C. 0168),

not sure if they tried to poke fun reference of the after Victory era works which aren't cannon such as Gaia Gear & the unfortunate G-Saviour.
Ha! Fortunately, I didn't expect too much, so I'm okay with the new manga news. IIRC This Crossbone sequel makes it the farthest story in UC calendar considering Bandai already excluded Gaia Gear & G-Savior from canon (and CC & RC are different eras).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Also, I don't know whether it's been mentioned but a G-Reco Special Edition movie is in the works.
I'm curious how will the recap movie make G-Reco even more of a convolutedly-frantic mess than the TV series.
Old 2016-04-27, 00:40   Link #679
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ha! Fortunately, I didn't expect too much, so I'm okay with the new manga news. IIRC This Crossbone sequel makes it the farthest story in UC calendar considering Bandai already excluded Gaia Gear & G-Savior from canon (and CC & RC are different eras).

I'm curious how will the recap movie make G-Reco even more of a convolutedly-frantic mess than the TV series.
Well for what it's worth, Tomino said he was working to make the narrative more easier to understand so it would be more accessible.

Only one movie is planned so far, if it does well they will be a second and third.
Old 2016-04-27, 07:38   Link #680
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

probably awesome if we also managed to see the older selves of the Victory cast, & what ever unit that is a successor to the V2 Gundam.